Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Mish smiley day!

I was lovered to Jiku and only Jiku. :B

It is a bit weird, Cal. I mean, I could have been linked to Nova or Karuta. Can you say what gives you that feeling? Do you suspect Judge as being mafia or are you just hesitant to write him off as town too easily?

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Well, yeah, but that PLUS the fact that Judge and Midnight, even combined, aren't as scummy as Cstar, gives me pause.

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I mean I'm sure we'll hear from Nova soon anyway, but they've just been kind of staying away from each other similarly to how I tried to leave Cstar alone.

However, Karuta asked me why Jiku was voting for him and what his chart meant, and I didn't know but I know that Nova, who played with Jiku before had some understanding. So in that regard I guess they aren't connected unless Karuta asked both of us.

Anyway, I'm sure Nova will say his lover anyway. It was just kind of weird thing at the back of my head.

I've had a bit of a gut feeling that Judge was Mafia but with nothing to make him up.. Ehhh. It's sort of a 55/45 thing, Mafia/Town

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Actually, Nova never played with Jiku, at least not on this site. He hosted the games she was in.

5. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Oh I see. I still thought he said something earlier like "Jiku said this in past games and she was Mafia (but now she's town) but dead can't talk" which game me that impression

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I think he did, but he was observing as a mod, not actually playing.

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

♥ DAY 2: VOTE COUNT 4 ♥

Marushi (3) - Marushi, Midnight Star, al215
    tribbles (1) - Mish

Not voting (6) - Ars Nova, Calxiyn, Judge Sunrose, Karuta, Korosu, tribbles

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to hammer.

Day 2 ends at 12 PM EST/EDT on August 3. There are approximately 16 hours remaining.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  8. Mish smiley day!

May as well ##Unvote

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Again, I'd like to see how this Day plays out, and hear more from the lurkers. I'm on the fence about my lurker/s and revealing could compromise reads.[DOUBLEPOST=1470182467][/DOUBLEPOST]That second lurker/s should be Lover/s

The AC isn't working in my room, I'm really delirious :'D

10. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Very well.

Freud's got his eyes on you, btw

11. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

So we have 14 hours until we end, but most of those hours are probably going to be spent sleeping by most of us. We're ending at noon and we'll probably only have 5ish hours to discuss anything else. So should we get set on what we want to do since in that time, I doubt we'll hear from the quieter people so keep that in mind.

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Well, I've already stated pretty much everything I have to say at present. I've basically just been sitting here waiting to see what anyone else says. XD

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Yeah unfortunately this is a bit of a stale game with half the players chillin' out on the sidelines. But I'm also not going to have much time to devote to the game tomorrow because I have a test to study for, so I'd appreciate the extra phase time.

14. Mish smiley day!

Just posting to say that I won't be able to get online again until tomorrow evening.

15. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

♥ DAY 2: FINAL VOTE COUNT ♥

Marushi (3) - Marushi, Midnight Star, al215

Not voting (7) - Ars Nova, Calxiyn, Judge Sunrose, Karuta, Korosu, Mish, tribbles

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to hammer.

DAY 2 HAS ENDED.

Marushi has been lynched. She was Town Lover.

al215 has died. He was Mafia Lover.

tribbles has died. She was Town Lover.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1470240762][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Day 3 has begun.

Day 3 ends at 12 PM EST/EDT on August 6. There are approximately 72 hours until phase end.

16. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I think our best course of action is revealing lovers now. I say this because this way, we are able to work around getting townies lynched. For example, Karuta is my lover but Nova cleared me as Town already, so we would be better off lynching whoever Karuta's lover is instead depending on who they are.

Unfortunately Cstar did not do everything in her power to clear herself. Since she seemed to give up similar to Al, it's not surprising we didn't believe that she was town. Even with that I wish we had lynched Midnight instead.

Judge, has Midnight said anything to you in your QT that seemed questionable?

Midnight, has Judge said anything that seemed questionable?

17. Midnight Star Master of Physics

That was really not what I was hoping for.

I agree about revealing lovers now but when did you get Town cleared? I kinda missed that. I'm a bit hesitant to completely town clear anyone but we should plan our lynches to get the most suspicious people.

And hmm not really? He was very hung up over the mechanics of how the lovers system worked and did a lot of lover speccing in the QT and working out which were the safer and more dangerous lynches. Nothing that he said came up particulary scummy and he gave off a town vibe (though I'm honestly not confident in my ability to notice scummy things).

18. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I shouldn't say "cleared" per say, I should say that Nova made a very good argument for me not being Mafia earlier in between Splodge getting lynched and me continuing to pressure Al into admitting he was Mafia.

Who did he think was a more dangerous lynch? Or a safer one?

19. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Hmm I'm not allowed to copy paste here so I'll do my best at explaining what he said.

So yesterday, he said that lynching Al directly would be bad. Lynching Marushi was safer as we had two people under suspicion. Lynching cstar was the one with the largest chance of getting three towns. Lynching you was okay but we were less sure of Karuta than Al.

Obviously this was yesterday so not all of those points still apply. He has made a few comments today but he'd probably be the better one to explain his ideas than me.

20. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Right, so. I'm Lovers with Korosu and Karuta. Based on their posts and a few interactions with them in QTs, I believe they're both Town. I didn't for a long time—I felt their behavior could've swung either way—but I've concluded that they're both just newbtown approaching the thread gingerly because they're not sure how to play. For one, they're more willing to give me reads when it's not the whole thread bearing down on them. And when they do post, they make an effort to speak on current suspicions and not just offer contextless reads, which I respect immensely.

Most importantly, I was on the fence about this primarily because I didn't have any better scumreads at the time. But now I do: I believe that both Midnight and Judge are Mafiosi.

Several of us have voiced our suspicions of Judge, but been too afraid to follow through. We gave him the benefit of the doubt and Towncleared him when he's never really deserved it this game. The fact of the matter is, most of his posts in early game were speculation, he's only just begun putting his name on Maf reads, and all throughout the game he's been difficult to access. His express reasoning is that he's been QTing up a storm, but that's a perfect excuse for Mafiosi to use while deliberating in their own QT chat. The fact that he's the only voice clearing Midnight, based on evidence none of us can see, is highly suspect. And we have had our suspicions of her as well; again, never enough to capitalize, and the Mafia must have been thankful for that. But the fact remains that they've both been skirting under the radar for too long.

But to really drive the point home, let's zoom in on some posts. First Judge:
    • Here we see an early defense of Splodge.
    • Here he asks several questions that would benefit the Mafia to know, like "Can the Town lose D1" and "How many Town can be tied together." Questions better left unsaid for a Townie, but ones that represent the only blind spots in Mafia's intel.
    • This could easily read as Mafia banter, in light of present knowledge. It's easy to defend yourself against somebody you know isn't truly attacking you.
    • Second defense of Splodge here. I find it curious that he scumreads me for playing with my cards close to my chest when he's doing the exact same thing. He also stops to check and make sure all his speculation is not being treated as a scumtell, which really only makes it worse.
    • Here he basically admits to all of his scummy behavior, as well as using confirmation bias on his bus theory to try and dig me a grave. He's also been buddying up to Marushi in his own right, which again smacks of hypocrisy.
    • He uses Marushi's question as a springboard to dive into more speculation and maths, and look busy while not actually saying anything.
    • In this post he drops his suspicion of me, the only person he's ever attempted to case, after he sees the general Town opinion swing my way, when before he seemed ready to drill me into the ground. His suspect list now consists of Al, Cstar, Karuta, Korosu, and Saxima, all of whom are easy scumreads that put up no resistance and won't ruffle feathers.
    • Here he defends Midnight's shifty comment about resolving dilemmas, a comment which in itself looks all the more suspect having seen the flips on these last few lynches.
      What do these
    • posts mean? How does he know about Saxima's Lovers? Where and when would he have picked that up? In this mysterious QT of his? Maybe I just got lost in the Lover shuffle but this rings awfully suspect right now.
    And now, Midnight:
    • These posts seem kinda jumpy at the prospect of lurker lynches, like she plans to be one or has a scumbud doing so.
    • I like the one-word defense here. Why indeed; why does it matter to you? Why this late-RVS vote and no others?
    • Several people have pointed this out already, but it bears repeating: Midnight took far too long to answer her own question, and continued to excuse herself...
    • ...here. So gut reads are important, but too hard for Midnight herself to figure out. Hmm. Also note that her townreads are hard and her scumreads are soft; this is textbook safe play.
    • She spends a lot of time picking on lurkers considering her argument against lynching them earlier. If she's not willing to lynch them, what's the point in prodding them?
    • Now, five pages after her initial request, comes a real read list. Take the word "real" with a grain of salt. Remember when I talked about round-table reads and how they're usually ambiguous and unhelpful? I was talking about this post. There isn't a single hard scumread in here, every suspicion is buffered with self-doubt. She's waiting for someone to give her permission to scumread.
    • This vote is expressly not going anywhere, and again, it's picking on a safe target.
    • Ahh, someone has given her permission to be suspicious. Happy day! Even now, she waits to see if other Townies will join the wagon.
    • Yet more waffling. Oh, but her Townread is locked in.
    • Again, the only ones she's willing to cast aspersions on have already been cased by Town.
    • This is where I really began to take notice of Midnight on my first read-through, and I said as much in the thread. She was way too eager to have a Townie she could safely vote for, and she was also way too ambiguous about this "dilemma," waiting until someone else spoke for her to explain...
    • ...here. To me, it sounds like Midnight was linked to two of her scumpals and the whole team was terrified. They were eager to bus Al but not so much to die trying, and so Midnight and Judge found themselves hunting for his other Lover. They got their wish, and we now see the results; Town is on the brink.
    • She then spends two posts goofing off. Bit too nonchalant about this move for my liking.
    • Translation: "No, wait, this is supposed to clear us! Don't go suspecting us for it!"
    • Translation: "Tell me what to say, Town-senpai."
    • As if the first round wasn't bad enough, Midnight actually posts ambiguous reads twice.
    • This recent trend of attempting to de-confirm Cal disturbs me. It makes it seem like the Mafia is targeting her specifically now.
    • This is transparent self-defense, if you take everything else I've highlighted into consideration. More urging Marushi to "solve my dilemma."
    • The rest is current enough that I shouldn't have to link it, but it still pings me in light of everything that's happened. We're just supposed to trust that these two have spent all this time solving the game in secret? I don't buy it.
    Unless I miss my guess, Al was connected to Midnight so she has no other Lovers besides Judge. Judge could still be hooked to a Townie. So the better vote between the two is...

##Vote: Midnight Star