Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Okay, so Cal is clear.

##Vote: al215

Never been more confident about a vote.

2. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Hmm..
    True. Happy Day Two.

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

...wow. That was one of the best results we could of got bar lynching multiple mafia and I think the first time we've actually lynched a mafia member D1 on khv. (There are 5 this time though which makes it slightly easier) I'm really surprised he actually only had one lover though, I was under the impression everyone had two.

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

@Nova, I'm sorry, but I still fail to see how Splodge being Mafia clears Cal. Like other people have said, your case against her didn't seem to ring true, and besides, while I agree that it's not likely for her and Al to be on the same team, I actually think there's more evidence to put her and Splodge together than there is to keep them apart. Like Splodge's vote patterns regarding people who suspected Cal, which you still aren't really addressing. I mean, maybe I'm reading too much into it, yeah, but I think it seems pretty telling, and though Calxiyn can say she would have stopped it from happening if they were on the same team, I can't really accept that as a solid answer.

Basically, I guess what I'm saying is can you explain why Splodge and Cal can't be on the same team for me? I know, I might just be missing the obvious, but I'm really confused about it.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

First off, my case against Cal has nothing to do with Splodge and Al's alignments. I believe I was in the right to case her—two posts to the contrary of about a dozen that support my point does not a counter-argument make—but clearly I was wrong. Second, the evidence that supports them being co-aligned is more ambiguous than my evidence that they are opposed. What Splodge did could be done from any alignment configuration; what Cal did to him could only be done if they weren't on the same team. I was actually much more confident from the get-go that Splodge and Cal were opposed, because for how unlikely it is that she'd poke at Al's grammar later on, I cannot fathom a situation where it makes sense that one of her first posts would be nitpicking a scumbud's grammar.

Step back and think about it for a second. Why would she want to draw undue attention to him so early on? There's no benefit to the scumteam. The only way it makes sense is if it was an intentional misdirection, and as I said before, I don't believe they'd be brave enough to try that.

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I can see what you're saying... Okay, just went back and looked at the posts. I now agree that Cal and Splodge aren't likely to be on the same team. Thanks for explaining it. XD

7. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

can I say I told you so or am I getting too cocky.

As glad as I am Nova is on board with me in terms of Al, I can't help but wonder if Nova is using my determination to lynch a town.

HOWEVER I want to see what everyone else thinks about Nova and Al first.

I still think Al's guilty though.

##vote:Al215

8. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

For my part, I'm finding both Nova and Al pretty suspicious. Judge pointed out Nova buddying up to me, and I agree. Believe this if you will, scoff if you won't, but I'd noticed it as well, I just didn't call attention to it because things were already convoluted enough and with us slowly running out of time, I didn't want to throw another hat in the ring, plus I thought it might be more informative to see where Nova was going with things than to shut him out from the get-go.

My thoughts are kind of scattered atm though, so I don't have any solid theories or plans to present yet. I need to reorganize and think things through a little.

Plus I gave up on the log. It was really helpful for me to look back through it, but ugh it was taking so much work. XD Mid, thank you for trying to do logs in the past, and I totally understand why doing the logs took up too much time and distracted you from making reads and stuff. XD

9. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

♥ DAY 2: VOTE COUNT 1 ♥

al215 (2) - Ars Nova, Calxiyn

Not voting (9) - al215, Judge Sunrose, Karuta, Korosu, Marushi, Midnight Star, Mish, Saxima, tribbles

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to hammer.

Day 2 ends at 12 PM EST/EDT on August 3. There are approximately 2 days and 23 hours remaining.

10. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Yes you are :P

At this point, what am I supposed to say? You've obviously both got it out for me and well, you're dead set on it. I've said my piece. If you guys think this is the way to win then... So be it? I'd ask for a day more to prove my innocence, to build up more cases and present something else meaningful but by the looks of it I'm not getting that. Obviously, I know that you're making a mistake. I can't present anyone to you yet - There's an absence of things to build. Given time and people posting I promise I will get cases going. What I will say is this - I think that you're going in too hard too fast Cal. So fast that it's almost suspect. You appear to be trying to push a lynch already and you're not even taking the time to consider other options. Considering the way you've been acting thus far, I'm going to match you.

##Vote:Calxiyn

I don't think she has our best interests at heart, and if she's guilty then killing me is an easy way to kill off not only a Townie, but whoever I am lovered to however many there are. I urge you all to reconsider Cal.

We haven't even started looking at the quieter players and the people who haven't posted yet. You're awfully quick to accuse me and get on my case without giving a thought to any of the other players. Your approaches are not conducive to our efforts.[DOUBLEPOST=1469984755][/DOUBLEPOST]As a side note, going out to a restaurant at 7:30, may or may not post after I'm back. Depends how I'm feeling. Game is pretty stressful so I might give it a rest for a night and take some time to think. Or I might come back and do something. We'll see how it goes. Just letting you all know that I'm gone for a bit really.

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

So I want to point out Splodge's votes again, where he voted for Judge on little evidence, half of it incorrect, and when corrected on it, swung to Tribbles and voted for her instead based mostly on the same evidence. I can see how Cal doesn't play into this as much anymore, so now I'm focusing on Judge and Tribbles. It's possible that they both just happened to be the target of a Mafioso trying to get a vote started on Townies, but I wanted to get other opinions on it before I decide which way it leans.

Everyone can answer, but specifically, I'm posing this question to @Calxiyn , @Ars Nova , and @Judge Sunrose , (even though Judge, you can avoid speccing about your own involvement, lol) because regardless of alignment, I do think you're all excellent detectives, so I'd like to get your take on this.

Okay, so wait, I can see how you'd be suspicious of Cal for her case against you, but what about her being unlikely to be on the same team as Splodge, who was Mafia?

That said, you raise a good point about the quieter players. @Saxima @Karuta @tribbles @Korosu I would appreciate it if you came and gave your thoughts about what's been going on. Korosu, I'd like a little more than just a note that you're happy about the previous day's results, please.

12. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Enough with this type of behavior. You have plenty of time to counter-argue Cal's post and others/defend yourself. We have until August 3rd.

@Marushi - 'Happy Day Two' I never specified I was pleased with the results but I guess I am. The mafia is one less member down and that is in the interests of townies. My current thoughts are Al is being overly sensitive and defensive right now for being called out/voted for. Anything else you'd like me to talk about? I'm reading and watching mostly to see reactions. Logging is hard

13. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Okay. Thanks for replying and talking about a current case. :)

Since you ask if there's anything else, how do you feel about the whole Splodge/Judge/Tribbles thing? Every opinion helps.

14. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

No problem. I want to help but most of the time, feel like I can't really contribute to a level that be satisfactory to other more experienced players such as yourself - Hence why my posts are often lacking or have nothing worth repeating.

I feel uncertain, honestly. I thought Splodge and Tribbles were lovers initially (simply because of how tribbles defended Splodge) but now I'm speculating (with no 'evidence' other than feeling but this may change) that may be on the same team? We'll have to see how tribble reacts and posts. I have no real comment on Judge yet (besides his humor makes me smile). What are your thoughts?

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Well, my thoughts are that Splodge was trying to get a vote going on Judge, and then when it backfired, switched targets to Tribbles for pretty much the same reason, also trying to implicate Cal along with them. But this is just speculation, which is why I'm asking for more opinions.

16. Mish smiley day!

OH wow, I don't think I've ever seen a successful mafia lynch on the first day in any game that I've played. That was one intense day one!

For me, I am now 50/50 on Tribbles or Cal. Although now Al is posting oddly too imo. Yesterday, he gave a good defense but now he's not really putting the effort into it.. Could be he's a struggling town OR a struggling mafia. As Korosu says, he still has plenty of time to try to convince if he is town, or at the very least, he should be posting with effort.

For now, I'm going to put my vote on ##Vote: Tribbles (I was right about Splodge, maybe two in a row will be the charm!). But I would certainly consider Cal too. They could both be mafia, but I will need to look at both of their posts again in order to substantiate that idea.

I also need to see Nova post more, about what he thinks about various members, rather than just focusing on a few people. Then I can make a more informed decision on him.

Having said that, I probably just described myself too so I will give a run down of my reads too -

Marushi - town
    Judge - probably town
    Korosu - needs to post more (but she's getting better)
    Saxima NEEDS to post more
    Karuta - NEEDS to post more
    Nova - negative neutral for the moment
    Tribbles - mafia
    Cal - likely to be mafia
    Al - likely to be mafia

Saxima and Karuta could be hiding behind their quietness which at this stage is getting more suspicious to me.

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Maru, I apologize; I just realized I missed one of your mentions of me. That fills in the blanks a bit in our discussion, and I should've addressed it. But we're basically talking about the same thing now with regards to Cstar/Judge. I can tell you that Splodge's voting for them in Cal's name is as ambiguous as his defending Cal; he could've been trying to implicate Town for attacking Town.

People keep bringing this up, so I'm just going to address it for the record. I don't do round-table reads. (I just made that up, it means reading the entire player list.) You guys can find fault with me for that if you like, but I don't see the point in them. It's just a lot of fluff and empty words and it's too easy to fake like you have an opinion on people when you're really just regurgitating what's already been said. That and I just don't have the attention span to keep track of every single player's posts and everything they say in relation to every other player, for no reason other than to be prepared. I form connections, and follow those connections back through ISOs, which is what I'm doing now.

Right now I'm looking at Splodge and Al's post history to see if I can link anyone else to them. I'm also reviewing Cstar, because despite what I just said she is flying especially low under my radar and it's bothering me. Right away, this post from Cstar irks me in hindsight because it seems like she was explicitly trying not to scumread Splodge. I believe Splodge voted for her after this? So it may have been a sloppy attempt at distancing on his part.

18. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

No prob, like I said, I'm just looking for other opinions on Splodge's behavior, so yeah, this post answers that question. Thanks! And yeah, that bit about Cstar's reading of Splodge like that is pretty suspicious...

Just wanna say, @Midnight Star , I'd also like your take on everything that's going on. You're still not being as active as I'd like to see, and it's starting to move into the suspicious range.

19. cstar stay away from my waifu

I am happy Spoldge turned out to be mafia and we got them gone, but I know it makes me look bad.

My not scum-reading Splodge was me attempting to give newbie benefit of the doubt and I was wrong, but since I was the only person who wanted to give that benefit of the doubt, it makes me look bad. I shouldn't have done that, I shouldn't have just assumed because they were new they were making newbie mistakes. But my opinion of him WAS flipping during the day, and I did suspect him because I missed important pieces that people were reading. It's why my final day post of yesterday (since I like... just woke up at 3pm... whoops) was this:

In terms of my play style... I've pretty much ALWAYS been this way. If you look at older mafia games on the site (which like, if you actually want to do that homework go ahead but I'm pretty sure I've been in 3 other games) I always ended up staying off to the sidelines. My problem with last game was that I became so emotionally invested in it that when I messed up, I didn't go back on the site for two days. So I've been trying to balance this out so I don't set myself up against a townie and get so convinced they die again. It's so demoralizing for me to put that much effort and work into case building and it ends up wrong. I over-analyse. So I've been trying this game to take a step back and read everyone's actions.

But because of that, I do have opinions formed, I think I might have figured out who a couple of people are. But I don't have enough against them yet and I'm trying to write out as convincing a post as I can.

That being said, one of my mafia suspicions, is also one of/my lover(s). So if you guys go after me before I can even finish this, and I die and that lover goes down and turns out to have been mafia all along, then I don't consider that a loss. If that's what clinches it, then I'm fine with it.

I mean, if I were any of you with the cases built up against me, then I'd vote for me too. Since I haven't been doing that good of a job of convincing you all.

20. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I'm not saying anything as I'm despairing as I'm watching my already weak reads slowly edge closer to neutral and trying to figure out how to stop them doing that. xD

Well with the exception of you that is, I'm currently even more sure you're town.