Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Karuta Reborn

My read on Jiku changed because she gave no reason for voting for me. Me and her had the same amount of votes and there was no suspicion on me. I said this in my first reply when you asked me why I read her as town.

2. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

I find it hard to grasp an opinion on someone when they've made so few posts, only one of which actually contributing to the game. Based on that alone, I would have to go with a mafia read, but there's no content there that I find particularily scummy. Because we have so little to work with, I think that any read on her is going to be jumping to conclusions a bit.

My mind has been changed on the whole lynching inactives because of what Marushi said about how hunting the mafia is the only way we can win. So I think that, since Jiku has been inactive, ergo we cannot form a real opinion on her, it does not do us any real harm by letting her live. We're better off going for people we have a more solid read on, and potentially risk not hititng mafia, because at least we tried.

3. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Yes, since we know that there are five Mafia, I made a preliminary list. Depending on what Nova posts next, he might be off the M List completely.

It's okay! Makaze always talked to me about how much he likes playing this game, and since the premise of this one seemed relatively simple, I guess I thought I'd try it out. Puzzles and strategy games really aren't my forte though ; w ; Thank you for the advice though, I'll try it out!

Ah, really? I didn't know. It doesn't change a lot of my perspective, but it does change some. It's just the way he talks, I suppose, aside from the banter.

I think the connection part doesn't make much sense to me, I don't especially find any of the players higher than the other, regardless of their skills since I don't have solid ideas on who's Mafia and who's Town. 44

Also, I'd like to point out that I've become a little suspicious of Karuta; for someone who posts quite often, his posts don't have much subsistence and he doesn't actually say much in them.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Ok, so. Do you have any solid reads? Now's the time boyo, you're in the hot seat.

5. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Nova. In a game where there is absolutely no danger of getting sniped for acting obvtown, the big man's been playing his cards far too close to his chest to my liking. fite me bro

As for townreads, I regret to inform you that Splodge has been looking a lot more innocent since the wagon on him started. Makes me think the Mafia had a hand in pushing the whole thing cliffward.

On the other hand, I actually have a theory in mind and I want to throw it out there. I think Splodge could also be Mafia, and some (not all) of the people who have voted for or accused him could also be Mafia. This isn't your run-of-the-mill bussing either. Keep in mind that Splodge (or any bus target really) could be linked to two (or in a doomsday case even three!) townies. I'd say it's a good opportunity to score two or more kills while still clearing up the bus pushers.

Off-topic, how do you guys feel about lover-speccing in general? I think this might have been addressed before, but I'm still curious.

(going out rn, will respond later)

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I'm biased against anything that isn't reads or scumhunting. Imo it should be done on a need-to-know basis.

7. Karuta Reborn

Should probably point out that Nova was right;

I am a mafia newbie. I didn't think much would come of my "reads" list so I put Jiku in there without a lot backing it. I also realise I'm probably coming off a little too defensive. I'm just trying to respond to everything and not say anything stupid, hence my short posts.

8. Saxima [screams geometrically]

This is my first game too and I have been told by multiple people that you should say what's on your mind if you have something to say, otherwise it will be lost on others and you will come under fire for it. I was really nervous before I made my first post, and then it was even a little harder to post my Mafia list. I'm not sure I'm the last person who should be telling you since I'm still very hesitant, but you should be careful that you don't become a target for your nervousness. :^(

Stupid or not, a thought's a thought, and that's always worth sharing :^D

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Granted, a lot of newbies to the game (of either faction) have behaved that way, so it's more of a nulltell than anything. But your honesty is noted.

...at least I think it's honesty. Idk you never can be sure with this game

10. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

...I'm not sure how I feel about this post. I'll wait for your response to Nova's questions before I try to write an analysis of it, lol. XD

Saxima, thanks for the response, it's always helpful to get another perspective on things. By 'high-profile,' I kind of meant people who post more often and more substantial posts than others, but it's true that none of us are 'higher' than the others, lol, and I'm going to try to keep that in mind, especially in regards to risking connections and whatnot.
    Good point about Nova... Also a good point about Splodge. Lol, I don't know what to believe anymore. XD

Your theory on the bussing thing is also interesting, and if it's not asking too much, who would you read as possibly being most likely Mafia involved? Or is that getting too deep into WIFOM?

As for lover-speccing, I think it ought not to be attempted. Privately, feel free, but I think that the anonymity of our lovers is our greatest defense, and to publicly speculate about it could help the Mafia figure us all out and target the people they want by going after their lovers without risking themselves.

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

@Splodge where'd u go boi?

12. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

Right now my reads would have to be (some are more ideas than reads):

@Midnight Star: Somewhat confused about. She seemed to be really eager to get people's reads out there, which makes me think town, but she herself hasn't really given a list of her reads, which makes it seem to me to be one of those posts that look more helpful than they really are, but at the same time I wonder how far we would have got if she hadn't have given us that push. As for now I'm interested in what her reads ares, and I mentioned her in a post a short while ago, so I'm really waiting for that before I can get a solid opinion.

Saxima: Not much has changed since my first reads post. Saying that there's a lot to wring through and form an opinon on seems fair, but even posting something, not matter if its not entirely accurate, is good. She has made a list, but I didn't find too many reasons in there for her picks. Chalk it up to nervousness, but I find it a little sus. I feel a bit bad saying it as she's said she's had problems with keeping up on the game, but I want more form her.

Tribbles: Is still my biggest mafia read. Most of her posts have mostly been about how she can't really comment, and although she has been posting a bit more recently, her posts seem off to me. She almost seems a big aggressive towards giving opinions, saying that she never has reads day 1, and her attack on Jiku for providing the stats. Its fine to question the usefullness of stats, but her posts seems a bit too aggressive to me to be purely that. And even if she doesn't generally have reads day 1, it surely still better to post something, no matter how incomplete. Even a post with 1 read in it could go a long way, and outright stating that she didn't have any seems quite sus to me.

Calxiyn: Based on her posts, farily strong town read, but shes trailed off a bit. This could be due to something irl, and whilst it doesn't make me fully retract my town read on her, since her content is sound, it does make me wonder what caused the sudden drop in posts.

Karuta: Whilst not seeming too town or mafia, he at least seems to be playing honestly. Saying that he didn't think his read on Jiku would really amount to much seems really genuine to me, and I can see why he might do that after Saxima's mafia read on Nova, for no "real" reason.

Al215: Seems a little weird to me. He seems to be responding to a lot of posts with "good point". or something along those lines. It makes me think that he's not really forming opinions on his own, and he's more agreeing with what other people are saying. This doesn't have to be a bad thing. it may even be a good indicator. as he's letting us know what he feels about others people's opinions, but it does make me raise an eyebrow. Its more a gut feeling that anything to do with his content. although that does play into it, its more a feeling I have being spurred on by his actions. So take that how you will.[DOUBLEPOST=1469831092][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry that took so long, I found it hard to word what I was trying to say in the way that I wanted to come across as. I'm having a shower now, so I won't be able to respond to you for a while.

13. Mish smiley day!

Just wondering what makes you think Splodge is innocent? Is it because there seems to be a strong train against him with seemingly no dissenting opinions? (Aside from Tribbles and now you). Because that made me think twice too tbh. Before Tribbles, there was no one casting any doubt about his alleged mafia alliance.

That's a very good point about the potential for bussing in this game. Mafia might actively and purposefully go after each other. So does this mean that if we sense that the mafia faction are going after their own, we should maybe accept that our target is mafia but then change our lynch target to someone else in order to prevent town deaths? (Also is it possible to have more than 2 lovers in this game? not sure if your doomsday scenario is possible)

Anyway, despite all of this, Splodge is still my #1 mafia suspect. And I believe that Tribbles is on his team. Apart from Tribbles being the first dissenting opinion, I've just looked back on Splodge's posts and I'd like to remind everyone that he falsely attributed something that Tribbles did to Judge (in Splodge's words, Judge 'accused' Cal of being mafia - didn't happen). When he noticed his 'error', he threw a vote on Tribbles instead to cover it up. He may be under the impression rn that he will be lynched today and is trying to clear her before he's gone.

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmm

I think I'm gonna leave my vote for now, depending on if we see more from Jiku. I may also need to step back and do some ISOs because I've got too many null reads.

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Okay, so now I'll address Splodge's posts.

When I asked for suspicions on Jiku, this is what he came up with:
    Idk, but I feel like this seems a bit wishy-washy to me. He says that he would have to go with a Mafia read based on there being so few posts, but that with so few posts, he thinks any reads on her would be jumping to conclusions. He then says that he agrees with me about preferring to hunt down Mafia instead of lynching inactives, as an excuse to not lynch Jiku. And, last time I checked, Jiku wasn't really at risk for being lynched in the first place, there being several other cases on the table. This feels like it's trying a bit too hard; making a plea to spare Jiku when we weren't even really intending to lynch her today anyway. Especially if he would read her as potential Mafia. But that's hardly conclusive.

I'll note that Midnight has given some reads, per se, in this post. She just didn't number them and organize them like a list. I do want to hear more from both Midnight and Calxiyn, as they both seem to have just dropped off the grid, but I agree they seem to be playing pro-town games. And I also want to note that you list Saxima as suspicious for not giving enough reasoning for her reads, but one reason you find Tribbles suspicious is because they haven't posted enough reads, and you think any post, no matter how incomplete, is better than something. I kind of find it a little contradictory that in the same post, you both encourage gut-reads for one player and admonish another for posting reads without enough evidence. Especially when you take into account your saying that Karuta's lack of reads and evidence thereof is playing honestly. If it's suspicious for Saxima to post reads with little evidence, and it's suspicious for Tribbles to claim that she just doesn't have any reads, why is Karuta's reads-with-no-evidence and then later not-having-many-reads honest playing? This all just seems off to me.

All that said, however... It does still fit with a certain Townie playstyle, and you do make some pretty good points. And unless there are any objections, I'll probably remove my vote and start focusing on building other cases. I think I'll wait for Judge to come back and explain why he thinks Splodge's responses seem town, though. I don't want to ignore other people's opinions, but I also don't want to just agree with everyone without finding out why they think what they do, if that makes sense.

16. cstar stay away from my waifu

Question,
    What does everyone think about @Korosu ?

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

My current feelings about Korosu are that she seems like a townie trying to find her footing, though of course I could be wrong.

18. Midnight Star Master of Physics

My apologies for dropping off grid slightly, it was partially due to the fact my brother is moving away tomorrow so I was spending time with him before he goes and partially because there's a lot of really long posts and I'm really struggling to figure out who I actually think is suspicious. Also it's nearly half midnight here and I'm struggling to concentrate, I'll probably do better in the morning. I will try to post better reads though.

I'd like to say though, @Korosu and @Jiku Neon, I would really like some more posts from you guys as there really isn't anything to go on. Also I really would like it if you posted your reads instead of just statistics as statistics are soo easy to hide behind and makes you really hard to judge. Even if you don't give any reasoning, please just say if you think anyone at all is town or mafia.

19. Mish smiley day!

She hasn't said a lot - don't think she's even met the minimum post requirement yet so it's hard to say. That said, I think she fits the bill of a nervous newbie rather than a mafioso.

Her last post states that she is keeping her vote on Karuta because he hasn't posted any decent reads yet, but since then he has, so I'd like to see what Korosu thinks now before I form an opinion of her.

20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

I was sort of hoping that the emoticon would signal that it was a joke and not to be taken seriously. Should have seen it coming right back at me coming back at me.

To clarify, what I meant there was important Town players that contribute to the game significantly. However, this also became irrelevant as later on I believe we came to the consensus as a Town that worrying about who we're connected to as Lovers is a secondary concern compared to who is scum and who isn't, which I went on to agree with. As I stated in the post speaking on my behalf, I was having trouble figuring out how to play this particular version of the game. Now, that isn't a particular concern for me because we've got an MO sorted and I can't fault the logic behind it.

This seems weak to me. However...

I am curious to see what Judge has to say here. We'll have to see what his theory entails before we continue further. If last game is anything to go by, when Judge brings a theory to the table it might just change the game a little.

As for my response to the question of lover speccing, we did think it was a bad idea overall BUT I had a slightly different opinion since you asked. I don't think it's important yet but as the numbers on both sides start to whittle down I think that it is most certainly worth considering who is lovered to whom. As the numbers get tighter it might be worth worrying about but at this early stage I don't think it holds much merit.

The reason I do that is for preserving some brevity. Left to my own devices I will say exactly the same thing as someone else but in another two lines, that's just how I usually write. However, if someone has already said it and I can save myself some time when I'm writing a long post to try to respond to a long series of new posts and goings-on in the thread then I'll just state "I agree" or "Good point" etc. to say either that it's a stance I support or that a good point is made, one which I can go back to later. I think you'll find that if you go back and look at when I've said that, it has been to make my stance on a particular matter known by referring to what someone else said or that it's a good point from which I can springboard off to make a further point.

Sax seems fairly Town I'd say. She seems to be the new player trying her best to contribute. We'll see more as the day continues.

Not sure whether I agree with you or not on the Karuta case or not... You may be right or wrong. I think once we see more from Karuta I'll be able to come to a more significant decision on them but right now I'm not convinced by what you're saying there.

And Cal does need to step up her activity. @Calxiyn what do you think about Jiku, Splodge, Tribbles and Karuta?

In summary, I'm of the same opinion. So far she appears to be a nervous Townie, but I think that more needs to be said from her to really reach a strong opinion.