Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Good point.

2. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Rebuttal: it's likely they wrote "1 person" in the sense that it's only one lover per quicktopic chat.

This line of thinking isn't really evidence of anything. Even if you're right, it could be intentional misdirection, we can't say for sure. Trust me, I fell for that one before. i'm a war vet look at my scarrrrrrs

3. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

I was referring to the fact that you can only speak to one of your lovers at a time; you don't share a chat with 2 lovers if you have 2, they're both seperate. You can talk to both (if you have 2) at the same time, but since they're seperate chats, you're only talking to one at a time.

4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I thought we talked last game about WIFOM arguements.

Thank you for clearing that up.

5. Mish smiley day!

Woo Mafia Round Deux GOGO

So, it would take 6 votes to lynch someone today. We're only half way there so far, but just thought I'd remind everyone as we cut the first day short last time.

That's some good sleuthin' Cal

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Wait, I thought I was only at two votes?

Also, did you see Splodge's defense to Cal's sleuthing?

7. Mish smiley day!

Yep, you're right, my b. Thought you were on 3 votes, not 2.

And yeah, I did but I didn't think it was a very strong defense. He explained why he said that he'd only have one quicktopic to look at (at a time), but he has ignored the fact that he said 'lover' - singular.

8. Karuta Reborn

I really don't think it means anything. If you're talking about only talking to one lover at a time, then you would use the singular, no?

9. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Yup, we did. My argument wasn't a WIFOM in itself, it simply pointed out one.
    I'll take your 6 and raise 1, because the number of remaining players is 13, plus 1 equals 14, then you take half of that, which is 7 votes.

"1/2 the # of living players +1, rounded down"
    I'm pretty sure this means "(x+1)/2 rounded down". There was some confusion last game when people thought it was supposed to be "(x/2)+1 rounded down".
    Lesson is, watch your parentheses, kids.

10. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

It is the second one.

(Players/2) + 1 rounded down. Also known as Majority.

11. Mish smiley day!

Forgot the +1.

12. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

^ This, essentially. I think the way my post was worded is what's leading to the confusion here. The main mafia thead has 12 other people in it, whilst a lovers chat has only 1 other person in it, so you're going to have more to say to 12 people than 1, even if you have 2 lovers. I don't consider talking to 2 seperate people in seperate chats talking to "2 other people".

13. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

If Judge was right then any even numbered lynch would put hard lynch at exactly half.

12 players alive. ((Players + 1)/2) rounded down.
    (13/2) = 6.5
    rounded down is 6.

6 is not a majority of 12, so that wouldn't work. Ask "What is the lowest possible majority?" to remember.

14. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Actually--

Oh god, you're right. I must have mixed up the two formulas in my head. See?? This is what I was talking about! Lack of parenthesis can lead to ambiguity. *grumble grumble*

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Actually, I'm not sure about this. The post in question:
    With the way this is phrased, it would make more sense to say 'lovers' if you have more than one. If it had been something like "I actually think this early on we're all more likely to talk in thread than with a lover in their quicktopic, since we're gonna- etc." Instead, saying we're more likely to talk to the group than with our lover, it really does seem like you're only talking about one person.

16. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

If it was an intentional misdirection, I think the response would have been more like "whoops you got me" (obviously a little bit less obvious then that, something like "Oh...")

it doesn't mean he can't be Mafia, I'm just saying I think it was an actual "error"

Secondly, why would a member of the Mafia want to admit or trick us into thinking they only have one lover? Espesically since I said we could lynch them on the basis that they only had one lover? Even if they have two town lovers, that's still one Mafia down. It just isn't a great stragegy.

On an entirly different note, the Mafia have probably told each other who their lovers are at this point in order to try to avoid them from getting lynched.

This also makes me wonder if the people quickly running to Splodge's defense are his lovers (Mafia or Town) who don't really feel like dying rn.

17. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Well this started quickly. :v

##Vote: Karuta

18. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Are you voting for Karuta because he already has a vote on him from Marushi or did you pick at random?

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

This all seems logical to me. I agree that it doesn't seem like an intentional misdirection and that Splodge doesn't appear to be Mafia at this point.
    ^ This.

20. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

Well yes, I was only referring to talking to one person, because in that context I was only referring about talking to one other person. I've said before that I was only referring to talking to one person at a time, hence I wouldn't use plurals, so I don't think this contradicts anything that I've said before.