Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. cstar stay away from my waifu

You didn't ask me to clarify that point. The overall intent of my quick-topic was to see if you would actually do something like this. I wanted to see if I acted as scummy as possible if you would still throw me on the line. Most of the stuff I was saying was a lie, I thought you were mafia, and I was trying to see if I could bait you into a situation where no matter how scummy I looked, even if I totally read as though I was a mafia member, if you would vote for me. If after everything I said, you were still not pointing any of this stuff out and keeping it in quicktopic, I figured that would reveal if you were scum or not.

That was the plan from earlier that I mentioned I would explain, but I was still asleep when you jumped out and lynched. But, if Al's behavior reads as anything, we are taking down a mafioso today. And I said I would die if it secured a lynch for a mafia member.

It's just a shame that I'm not mafia, so we aren't losing two today. Don't change your votes though. Maybe we can figure out with these hours left who the other members are.

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Actually, yes I did ask you. It's in the first post I made in the quicktopic after you said that, in the second paragraph.

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

You're absolutely right and I'm sorry. My quicktopic glitched out and I couldn't see past a certain post until I refreshed it. But it was also right next to a different question where you asked "are you remaining silent to see who will try and save you?" which wasn't the case either, technically. I don't know if my idea behind any of this came across at all. It was an extremely stupid idea in hindsight.

4. Karuta Reborn

However, it's also interesting to note, none of the suspected Mafia voted for Splodge. Cstar didn't vote, Karuta voted for Jiku, Al voted for Cstar (weakly, again I may add). Al is confirmed now so I think the best thing we can do out of our day is go back and look at his posts for more hints.[/QUOTE]

I voted for Saxima yesterday, not Jiku. I voted for her earlyish (after switching from a random vote on Marushi) and kept my vote until the end of day 1.

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Ah, okay. That happened to me once with Al, so I understand that one now.

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Gotta go to class, won't be back for several hours. May be able to view the thread, won't be able to post. Parting thoughts: Don't trust Cstar, that post reeks of desperation. On the verge of giving Karuta the benefit of the doubt just because he's the only one who showed up after the mentions. Reserving judgement on Sax and Korosu until we figure out the sub situation (We may need two, actually).

7. Mish smiley day!

Oookay, I'm caught up now... I missed out on a few pages there. Sorry all, I forgot that I had something to attend tonight 8|

Sigh, this is a real gambit we're taking here. But Tribbles and Al are two of the three people highest on my read list, so it does get two birds with one stone. I take exception to the fact that if we're piling on Marushi, we are effectively limiting our discussion time by a large margin though.

@Judge Sunrose Any reason why you 'applaud' Marushi's idea, but haven't voted for her? Are you stalling this move as well?

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I'm a bit confused by your post here. It has been said that we wanted to get the vote up high enough to beat the vote that was previously on Al but we didn't want a hard lynch and lose most of the day. Though a few people have suggested we sped it up since not much was being said. Here you seem to be unhappy that we were limiting our time but in the same breath trying to get people to vote and push it to hard lynch faster. I don't get it.

9. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

I was under the assumption that her lynch has been more or less secured by now. Heck, with three votes on her, the rest of the Mafia could even blitz her if they wanted, just to cut the day short. Wouldn't be very good for Town, would it?

We's just waitin' for the no-shows at this stage. Further ISO checks are always welcome too, especially on the more suspicious ones.

10. Mish smiley day!

Saw these and got worried, Midny. Questioned Judge because it's one thing to state you agree with something and quite another to put your money where your mouth is and vote. But I did consider that he didn't want to rush things too.

11. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

This, basically^

12. Mish smiley day!

Ah, I forgot Nova said that. lol, I blitzed through the past 3-4 pages because I wanted to catch up quickly! I will go back and reread in case I missed anything of note.

13. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

SOOOO depending on what Mak does to Saxima's slot, it could change the game. I'm glad Mish has returned to us but there's still no word from Korosu. Mish seems to continue to be playing Town and questioned Judge for his eagerness and that seemed genuine, so maybe Mish isn't our other Mafioso.

That leaves us with Korosu, Saxima, and Karuta, but again, depending on how Saxima falls that could change things.

What I do believe though is that there was a break somewhere in teamwork here. It could just be because of inactivity, but Al and Cstar seemed to be focused on working together, maybe because they were connected to Marushi, and the other Mafia were sort of left in the dust.

I want to reiterate that Al is a Confirmed Mafia, he admitted his guilt a few pages back.

14. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Guys I think Judge Sunrose might actually be Mafia. As people have said, he's been focusing too much on mechanics and not enough on cases. Unless I missed something (a bit distracted with watching TV) the following is his only real case:
    In this post, he cases Nova and Cal, pretty much explains away most of Nova's case but then votes for her because of the Cal-Al-Splodge thing, and townreads Splodge. Knowing that Splodge and Al are both Mafia and Cal is town, this all really concerns me.

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Yeah. I mean, I kind of had my own gut feeling from the beginning of the game but since Judge was defending me I wasn't going to argue with him yet XD But now I'm in the clear so I feel alright. Honesty it all depends on where Nova falls. I'm pretty sure Nova's town, and if Nova is town, I feel like Judge is either town or Mafia. I don't think they're being Mafia together.

On that note, @Ars Nova do you think you could tell us who your lovers are? I'm just kind of curious.

If anyone's lovers have said something sort of suspicious in the quick topics, I think now's sort of the time to speak up. Remember if you're town, the chances they are also town is slim, so if they're being shady it would be best to let us know.

16. cstar stay away from my waifu

What is this definitive logic. I have heard this so many times "if x is mafia y is town, I don't think x and y can be together" but what exactly makes you think they have to be on opposite sides? When anyone uses this, I get deductive reasoning and all but, it automatically makes it seem like you're dissolving any form of teaming that those two could do. But not just them, just in general. Some people can easily get influenced by the idea of "these two are on opposite sides" without there really being concrete evidence for it.

17. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

♥ DAY 2: VOTE COUNT 3 ♥

Marushi (3) - Marushi, Midnight Star, al215
    al215 (1) - Korosu
    tribbles (1) - Mish

Not voting (6) - Ars Nova, Calxiyn, Judge Sunrose, Karuta, Saxima, tribbles

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to hammer.

Day 2 ends at 12 PM EST/EDT on August 3. There are approximately 1 days, 13 hours and 30 minutes remaining.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  18. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Hah, if only!

Wait, you're serious about this, huh? Kay, let's see here...
    The only ones who ever mentioned this were Splodge and myself actually, iirc. Still don't get why it's a bad thing. I read it somewhere that it's supposed to be a scum/nulltell, but ehhh, I like to know what I'm dealing with. Plus, I also used this knowledge to do some quiet work over on QT. Maybe one of the reasons why I wasn't as active as I could've been on the main thread.
    At the time, I agreed with Nova's argument about lynching Cal purely for the flip info while simultaneously suspecting him. I spotted a few holes his case on Cal (the holes were real btw), but I was well aware that they could also both be Town, which is why I said I would continue to suspect him only if Cal flipped red (read: my bus theory). This was all but disproven when Splodge did in fact flip Mafia, and Nova's Cal-Al-Splodge conundrum started to become a lot more believable.

So yeah, as you yourself said, I did try casing two or three people. Turns out I was wrong about those cases, but so what? I didn't desperately want to be right this time like I did on the Mixt incident. I admit I tunneled Nova for a bit, but I did manage to change my mind based on new evidence. And that's the moral of this story right there: live and learn from your mistakes.

Anything else, Inspector Maruseau?

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, nope. XD QT investigations, while obviously something we can't check out to see whether or not you're telling the truth, makes sense. XD I do wish you would join in on more public casework, though. XD[DOUBLEPOST=1470105363][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess I'm kinda just trying to cover all my bases, that's all. XD

20. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Contrary to what you might think, my scumhunting skills are sub-par. My uninformed reads are almost always totally backwards. These last two games are proof of that. , _,