Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

@Judge Sunrose Does this admission change your read of Midnight? Because to me it makes her "dilemma" read like scum attached to scum.

2. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Nevermind, Al spoiled it.

@Ars Nova Not really. I think her dilemma had to do with finding a way to take out Al or defend him so that she doesn't die as well.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

But that means her overeagerness to lynch me was out of self preservation.

4. Karuta Reborn

Hello! That was a lot to catch up on. Before I get into things, I'm gonna explain my absence. Since the 23rd of July (before this game started) I've been in England staying with a friend of mine. This isn't that much of a problem as I still have time do to stuff online during the night, but since the Saturday I haven't really had time to be online at all. The morning of the 30th, me and my aforementioned friend left to go to a weeb festival in Manchester. We had priority tickets so we stayed from 9am-6pm each day. Walking around a packed convention all day is incredibly tiring, so when we got home, I pretty much just slept.

Like Marushi said, I was viewing the thread during this time, while I was at the con. However, I could only do it briefly, as I have an Irish sim card and roaming was eating all my money. I did my best to try and keep up with the thread when I could but I guess that seemed suspicious (me viewing the thread but not posting). Before we left, on the night of the 29th, I did actually mean to write up a post about my absence, but it slipped my mind completely. My apologies, and I hope you can all understand.

Now, back to the game.

As of right now, my strong mafia reads are Midnight Star and al215.
    My weak mafia reads tribbles.
    Strong town reads are Marushi and Calxiyn
    Unsure for everyone else.

Midnight Star immediately jumped out as sus to me with how supportive she was of Marushi getting herself lynched. Before the idea was really discussed in detail, Midnight was all for it. Early game shakiness with reads (pushing people for gut read lists and then not giving a strong list of her own until asked) also made me cast some doubt on her from the beginning. She also mentioned earlier that she was suspicious of Cal.

Tribbles has been quite defensive and at some points in the game and has sometimes came across as slightly angry imo. Marushi and Cal's posts re: tribbles and al going against Cal also make sense to me. I have a feeling her and Al are working together, with or without the other mafia members.

I've read Marushi as town for a while now and her idea to get herself lynched has pretty much solidified it for me.

What Cal is posting makes a lot of sense. My read on her remains the same.

Saxima and Korosu need to post more for me to get a clearer idea.

Not opposed to Marushi's idea but since she has 2 votes atm I'm not going to vote for her right now.

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Actually, want to point out I have three votes now, since Al voted for me. XD

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

As if we needed further proof that we're right about him :v v: :v v:

7. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Pretty much exactly, I have been suspicious of Al for a bit but I wasn't in a rush to die, plus I didn't know his other partner. He also asked me to defend him and said a few other things that had me doubting myself, which is why I'd stayed quiet about him for a while. I didn't want to do what Marushi did because I think my other lover is town. Lynching you means potentially getting two mafia and while we'd lose you, we'd likely get at least one mafia.

8. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Sorry, that was poorly worded. What I meant was--

... I was typing up a response, but ONCE AGAIN I have been ninja'd.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

While I'm still not sure about Mid's alignment, I can confirm that Al also asked me to help defend him, even though I'd made it very clear in my quicktopic that I suspected him as my top read and would join a lynch against him if one arose. So I can see how he would have asked her to defend him as well.

I think that if Al flips Mafia, Mid is likely to be town, but if he's town, she's likely to be Mafia.

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I don't want to act impatient, but should we just lynch and move on? I know we're waiting for some quiet people to answer, but it'll be easier to grill them tomorrow when we know how the Mafia are. I just don't see what we CAN do for the rest of the day.

11. al215 Kingdom Keeper

You could just stand around talking yourselves into circles?

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, I'm feeling super impatient too. I want to see how my plan works out. But I do think we should wait.

Especially now that Al's said that. I want to give Mish, Korosu, and Saxima a chance to see what they have to say. Besides, I'm ready to die and all that, but I still want to be able to contribute some ideas and theories before the final blow. XD

13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Make your peace Maru, we're going down together XD We'd have made a fun team if it hadn't turned out like this. Next time!

14. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

You mean if you weren't on different sides? Yeah, maybe.

15. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, but it wasn't directed at you so shhhhh :P

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, like, I already have? XD I've made my peace with dying since it first became apparent that you and Tribbles were both the top reads. XD All I'm saying is that rushing into things is more beneficial to Mafia than it is to town. XD

Al's jokes read to me as confirmation posts, so yeah. XD

17. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

So you just admitted you were Mafia. I'm glad you do listen to me sometimes, that was my recommendation.

18. al215 Kingdom Keeper

I didn't do it because you said so. You realise that you're my arch-nemesis don't you?

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Ohmygosh you two are so cute right now I'm not kidding. XD

20. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

It's always better to take the time we're given. I could explain in more detail if we weren't currently playing, but basically we need people to commit statements for the record. If they refuse to, then that in itself can be a tell as well. Also, Marushi's plan is to die today, so the more time she has to work with us, the better.