Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh snap. Sora where do you find these people?:eek:

Best bet is to get him in contact with CrazyCat as he can read those files. Make sure to give him the quick bms script I post in the porting thread so he can extract the game.

For me I wouldn't mind grabbing the font and the models of Sora,Riku, and Kairi :D

2. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Alright I will do my best

3. Christopher Merlin's Housekeeper

Anything I Can do to Help please, LET ME KNOW. This is a big thing for me, I've finally made an account, but i was watching this thread since page 1. I am willing to help in anyway possible.

4. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Do u know any Japanese ?

5. Christopher Merlin's Housekeeper

Nope sorry, but if it helps at all i am taking Mandarin Chinese and they share characters with Japanese Kanji

6. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

So CursedKeyblade1 how far are you and your team with wonderland? School really seems to be slowing things down.
    EDIT: This is a little off topic but Hidden Smithery i remember you talking about fixing up some the KH2FM translation, i assume you would do that after this is done? just wondering.

7. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I'll try to see tackle that once me and my family are done being foreclosed on.

8. Roxas1359 Destiny Islands Resident

School has completely destroyed me, it's also destroyed time for my Let's Plays as well. But that's how it is unfortunately when you're a full time college student and have a part time job. T^T

9. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Updated kanji.knj to use proper capital letters. Grab it in the drive ;)

[​IMG]

10. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

Nice! No problems, I'm guessing? Also, did you change the numbers width? :p
    (Uhhg.. minor artifacting under some letters... I need to fix that sometime.)

11. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

The only thing I messed with in the dat file was the spacing, I lowered it to 7 from 8.
    Everything looks perfect in game. Although I was comparing it to the US version a bit and the numbers should not be that spaced out, regardless its better than the old one we were using.

12. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

I'll look at matching the numbers to the normal US widths, if you don't mind. Also the darn artifacting... I hate font artifacts. ><
    Edit: Ok, I can't get it to artifact........ there it goes, nevermind.

Edit: Heads up, some of the characters you replaced after the capitals are already in the font later: "...", "*", ",", ":", and the period too.

13. Christopher Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, the font being smaller does that mean that it should fit in the text bubbles or is that another problem we need to tackle later?........... Wait, you know the Worlds. They didn't change anything like the text from the Original KH and the text from the KH Final Mix did they?
    If not then you could use this to help translate. http://www.khextreme.co.uk/kh/kh_script.php but you need to scroll down a bit. This is the complete word for word (not completely sure since, someone made it (not to be rude but might not be exactly same as the game) but,) Script of the Original KH. Hope this helps in any way.

14. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

Nice! now it should look a lot cleaner, and maybe fit in the text boxes.

15. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Nope it doesn't fully fit yet. Some of the message boxes are actually a bit smaller in Final Mix.

One thing that would be awesome is to figure out how to not stretch the EVT font when playing in widescreen. crazycatz' already got the SYS font working that way.
    Squashing the subs as well as the message boxes while in widescreen would make this even better.

cuz MAN those boxes are HUGE in widescreen mode!

16. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

I know right? Once the boxes are fixed the translation would be near perfection. :D

17. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

One step closer I take it. If we could manage to get our hands on 1.5 HD's bolded font that would be good too ;)

Sora is working on getting those files I suppose

18. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

Maybe even a way to shrink down those boxes. :p

19. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

There was a dude working on scaling KH2's message boxes and UI but he didn't seem to answer Miles's request. Oh well.

20. Christopher Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, what if i rippped the textboxes from the Originl KH or KH2? Would you be able to add them to the Translated Game files???