Disgustor's Texture Mods!

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Disgustor, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

Ultima Weapon should turn into Hardcore (the invisible's sword)

2. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Disgustor was KH2 soras voice have bigger files sizes than KH1 soras?

3. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Some of them did. Actually I just realized recently that one sound clip was cut off. I'll fix that soon, right now I'm working on something else. I also plan on replacing Sephiroth's voice clips with George Newburn's at some point.

Edit: Maybe at some point I'll be able to replace all of Epcar's battle clips with Zane's in all of the games. ;) Pretty sure I already could in BBS, if I weren't so lazy busy. xD

4. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

did u fixed the eye and mouth problem with the texture hacks ?

5. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Everyone except Riku-nort is finished. I'm just waiting 'till I finish him to update them all at once. I'll probably have it done today.

6. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Alright man . Are these cutscenes models too as we'll ? Or just gameplay

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I thought about doing the same thing and the other way around with sephiroths. I dont think you can fix the cut voice unless you cut the beginning off of the next clip.

8. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Ironically enough, I don't mind Epcar's voice in BBS for Terranort; the only thing really cringe worthy about it is his rendition of the "All worlds in darkness" speech.

How hard is it to edit the audio files, anyway? I have an idea for KH2:FM that I didn't think was really possible until I saw something similar done for KH1.

9. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

I was supposed to post a tutorial for this, but I never actually finished it. :rolleyes:
    I'll just post some quick instructions here for now.

This is the way that I do it. Might not be the most efficient way, but whatever.
    1. Find a voice file that you want to swap. Ex: I used Sora's KHII voice files tt0_sora.vsb, al0_sora.vsb, ect. (NPC clips are stored in their model file.)

2. Scan both the file you're editing, and the file you're getting the sounds from with PSound. This way you can preview, and see the names of the files you're trying to find. Ex: I scanned the file al0_sora.vsb, and found the sound clip 'sr02co01' which is KH2 Sora shouting "Donald!" Then I scanned tw_sora.vsb and found the sound clip 'sr01co00_e' which is KH1 Sora shouting "Donald!"

3. Open both files in a hex editor. Search for the file name from the first file, go up two lines to where it says 'VAGp.' Highlight from that offset all the way to the next instance of 'VAGp.' Ex: I opened al0_sora.vsb, and used ctrl f to find sr02co01, looked two lines up, selected from offset '00000120' all the way to offset '00002a10' and copied it.

4. Now search for the sound clip you want to replace in the file that you're editing, and paste what you copied from the second file over the offset where it loads that sound clip. In other words paste what you copied from the first file two lines above the name of the clip you're replacing in the second file. The file names should line up. Ex: I pasted the data from 'sr02co01' over the data of 'sr01co00_e' at offset '00000190.' If I saved the file, and imported it into the game now, Sora would shout 'Donald!' in his post-puberty voice when using magic/items on Donald, but if I tried to use magic/items on Goofy, there would be Audio corruption.

5. This is the strenuously tedious part. You need to make sure what you pasted doesn't delete the next instance of 'VAGp.' This is done by editing the sound clips data, which is... COMPLETELY trial and error, since there is no way that I've found to convert normal sound clips to the VAGp format. Usually there is some dead space at the beginning, and end of a voice clip. You can use your intuition to remove the dead space at the beginning of the data. Removing it from the end is cake. If for some reason your modified voice clip isn't long enough to reach the next instance of VAGp, you can fill in the remainder space with ff, or 00 or whatever to create more dead space. Ex: I removed the data past offset '000019d0' in the file 'al0_sora.vsb' which turned out to be dead space.

6. Repeat for every sound clip.

Luckily all of Sora's .vsb files are in the same order, excluding any additional clips, so it was nearly just a copy paste on all of the other files.

10. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

You know what I just noticed... VSB files are really IopVoice files... I already have tools to handle those from KH2, both an extracter and packer. I'll work on getting these into releasable state tonight.
    I also feel stupid now, for not noticing this sooner. ><

11. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Awesome! Are VAGp files some kind of Sony format? Would you know how to convert them to .wav and back?

12. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Seems fairly easy to mess up, lol. I think for practice should make Donald call Beast "Tarzan" or something equally simple. (As I typed this I had the idea of replacing Beast's moveset and model with Tarzan's so that, in theory, Tarzan SHOULD be the one in HB... Right?)

If I can figure this out then hopefully my idea of giving the Absent Silhouette's their English Re:CoM voices can actually happen. :O

O_O
    Oh shi---

ANYWAY, right now I'm getting the Re:CoM/KH2 textures for the Final Fantasy characters that appear in KH1. All of them have similar models except for Sephiroth (who could probably get a face change at most) and Cloud (two totally different looking models with similar enough faces).

Later on tonight, after Adventure Time, I'm gonna see if I can get the Disney characters (Simba/Beast/Peter Pan/etc) and their textures as well. I also snagged the textures for Donald and Goofy's basic weapons and the Oathkeeper and Oblivion from KH2.

13. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

VAG files are Sony. There's an official program that can convert WAV into VAG, and can play the VAG sounds for you. It doesn't do VAG->WAV, though. This program is something more suited for a PM\Skype though.
    And I have done this before; both the KH2 voice mods and KH2 title\gummi music swap used some sort of VAG. ;)

14. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

The Tarzan/Beast replacement should certainly work, as I replaced Goofy with Riku. He'd use Beast's abilities with Tarzan's animations however.

Also that's a really good idea, but I haven't been able to extract voice clips from Re:CoM. I tried using ISO buster, but I couldn't figure it out. If you can figure out how to extract the clips, I'd even do the replacing for you, because this NEEDS to happen. Along with fixing up the nasty grammar mistakes, and fixing the gummi menu.

15. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

I can extract the files from Re:CoM. I have no idea what any of the formats are, but should be easier searching through discrete files then one giant hex gumbo. I'll post that extractor later too.

16. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I actually have the wav files already, but not the file(s?) they were extracted from. I know someone on Youtube who got the audio, and (s)he sent them to me.They're all sitting together in a folder, but that's really all they're doing. Some are sorted, some not; but they're all there (with the possible exception being a single grunting noise Larxene makes).

(And the Tarzan/Beast thing is also because I really have a soft spot for the Tarzan movie.)

17. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

You already have the voices? Nice!
    ---
    Uploaded VSB tools: http://crazycatz00.x10host.com/KH/files/app_IopVoiceTools.7z.
    Simple usage:
    1. Drag the VSB onto the IOPVOICEExt-Easy.bat.
    2. Edit extracted VAGs as you please.
    3. Run IOPVOICEMake-Easy.bat to make a new VAG.
    Note: NEVER EVER touch the log file in the out folder! By touching it you're welcoming corrupted VSBs into your computer. :eek:

This covers all the battle quotes; I still need to look at the models with VAG or w\e though...

18. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Ah nice! You wouldn't happen to have Sora's battle quotes fro Re:CoM would you? He has a couple of new voice clips. I need to find his puberty voice clips for 'Force!' and 'Stop!'

Edit: Moved

Man, you're a genius. xD Imagining how you figured out how to import custom music is breaking my mind.
    I would understand if you wouldn't want to give out the converter if you could get in legal trouble, if you can't give it out, would you convert a couple of clips to VAG for me?

19. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

Also, because I said earlier I would, here's the ReCom extractor. I've only tested with the US version, so only try it with that.

Ya, I can convert some. And if you're feeling adventurous, look for the "Vag Previewer" in Sony SDKs. It also converts, and is the better one imo.

Edit: Updated to support extracting another format; Version 2. (9-3-2013 edit: attached to forum instead of mega)

Attached Files:

20. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I actually went ahead and asked the guy who sent me the Org's English lines about those lines you're missing; and he said that he was lucky to even get the ones he had. Here's a direct quote:
    I'm compressing the files that I do have into a rar right now and will be uploading them soon. It includes the Re:CoM battle lines for Ansem, Repliku (for good measure I guess, don't know why he sent that along), Axel, Larxene, Lexaeus, Marluxia, Vexen and Zexion.

Also included are the absent silhouette's default audio (in .wav form), and a third folder called "J to E" where I tried to match the Silhouette's Japanese audio with the Re:CoM's English audio.

It looks like the upload might take about 10-15 minutes, though.

EDIT:
    Finally done uploading.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/4pjp91cqmfb8jv3/KH2_FM_data_audio.rar