Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Roxas1359 Destiny Islands Resident

To save you some sanity I say leave it as is right now. Well that's what I say at least.

2. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

I'll take it as preferred on, then? lol

It's not that hard, just a room for me to miss something. Atm, it doesn't affect the save menu, for example. And finding the values is as simple as searching for a pattern, changing the number, searching again. I'll see where I get by tonight, and release whatever I have (this is more-or-less, the last thing atm).

Also, it can affect alignment of the font, so better do it now if I'm going to do it....

3. Roxas1359 Destiny Islands Resident

Then go on ahead. Sadly I can only really translate the Japanese that people are having a hard time with in the ARDs since I can't edit them quickly and efficiently in UltraEdit or your ARD editor sadly. I tried at least. :D

4. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

Well if you put it that way, you might as well do it, it does look much better like that anyway.
    EDIT: you know this project is truly starting to get some great progess with the font issues being fixed, with that said if the text box sizes could be fixed that would really be the icing on the cake. :D

5. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Apply away man!
    Maybe you should make it optional though. Like add all your new menu changes to the translation drive, but the widescreen font version of those files to the porting drive.

Also as far as what I'm working on goes, I should be done with everything sometime tonight (yay finally). Then, once everything is uploaded I'll make that long-awaited tutorial video. I would rather type something up instead but most people here would prefer something visual.

Dude I KNOW RIGHT! That's the only thing we can't figure out yet!

6. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

Uploaded files: http://crazycatz00.x10host.com/KH/files/mod_FinalMixEnglishFiles.7z (also updated drive)
    This update affects btltbl.bin, kanji.knj, SLPS_251.98, wm.x, gumi/SASAMSG.BIN, gumi/SASAOMSG.BIN, menu/md_memo_sysmsg.bin, worldmap/INSMSG.BIN, worldmap/INSOMSG.BIN, worldmap/psel.bin, worldmap/SAWDMSG.BIN, and worldmap/SAWDOMSG.BIN.
    All of these need to be updated in your ISOs!
    String mapper has been updated for these (yesterday, actually).

Also uploaded atad.irx, which is a modded version to allow non-$ony HDD (and possibly 48LBA support, not sure on that one).

7. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

I'm sure the sizes are located somewhere, if not in the ARDs then maybe one of the other files? If it was another file it could take long to find it, however considering we know what quite a few of them are (ARDs, textures, movesets, weapons and such) all we would have to do is look though the files we haven't figured out. However it would make much more sense if the sizes were located in the ARDs.

8. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Gonna throw you some of my OCD so watch out :P

The comma on the new spacing is still a bit large.
    Everything else is SPOT ON though!

[​IMG]

The bottom text is the FM modded version. And no this isn't an actual game screenshot lol, I just quickly photoshopped both lines together to show the difference.

9. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

10. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

To be honest ALL the capitals look different.
    EDIT: Am I the only one that thinks we should start the whole nitpicking thing after the translation is done? That is unless things have to done now. Like the smaller text for example.

11. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

Crazycat most likely didn't bother replacing the font capitals in Final Mix with the US font

12. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

That makes sense now that i think about it. Crazycatz is that true?

13. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah it's true, the funky capital letters are from japanese FM. I can edit the subtitle font to look like the US version if I wanted to, but since the US version capitals are much smaller I have no idea how to adjust the size. So it'll look like the english version, but have the same spacing as my screenshot above. crazycat knows how to do it but other things are more important than this atm.

On another note I had to redo a few subtitle alignments because of the new files. I won't be at my computer till much later tonight (typing from work). When I get home I'll need to review a few more things before everything I've worked on gets uploaded. I added a new column in the translation status spreadsheet labeled "Adjustment %". When that number hits 100% it's pretty much perfect aside from the different message box sizes. Sorry that I keep telling ya'll that I'm uploading soon when its been days :P

14. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

Well like i said it's probably best if we focus on the translation first, and then the perfection.

15. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

So u want to do google hangout tonight ?

16. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

I'd like to finish everything first. Not trying to sound mean or anything but I'm a bit less productive when I'm talking to 4+ people at once :P

17. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

I'll join, but only because it's my last night of Summer.

18. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

If u want . Can u upload the files when u get done ?

19. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

Well yeah Sora. Of course he will

20. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

I have uploaded Dive to the Heart & Olympus Coliseum ARDs.

I haven't finished Disney Castle & Destiny Islands ARDs yet because I've been busy lately.
    Those will be done soon, I'm not mentioning any date because every time I do it never happens :p

When you download the new files and test for yourself, please read the README in each of those folders.

EDIT: I also uploaded Hollow Bastion ARDs in the In-Progress folder.
    THOSE ARE NOT TRANSLATED AT ALL! Only the Unknown cutscene and locations are done!
    I uploaded it as a starting point to whoever wants to work on it.

EDIT2: Please make sure you are using crazycatz' new files otherwise things may look off-center to you when they really aren't!