Traditional Art KHV The Musical - Phase Three: Art!

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Jayn, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

KH-Vids: The Musical
    MAIN THREAD (x)
    Phase One: Plotting (x)
    Phase Two: Screenplay (x)
    Phase Two: Logo (x)

What Is This? ⬊

The KHV Musical is a site-wide collaboration that will be worked on over the course of the next year. The project will bring together various creative sections of KH-Vids and will ultimately result in an actual musical that will be released to the public September 2013. The musical will feature original artwork, original music and lyrics and an original screenplay. It will be showcasing the various voice talents of our very own KH-Vids members, and there will be auditions held for parts starting in May!

The musical will be compiled in the Visual Novel software Ren'Py, and there will also be a watchable Youtube version, and perhaps a Livestream of the play-through at some point. The estimated run time is 45 minutes to an hour, or so, but there is not fixed time.

Timeline ⬊

Late September - October: Characters, Setting, Story/Plot - COMPLETED!
    November - December: Screenplay, Logo - LOGO COMPLETED...1/7 PARTS COMPLETED!
    January - February: Concept and Character Art.
    March - April: Music & Lyrics
    May: Casting
    June: Audio Production //Singing
    July - August: Production

Phase 3:⬊

Calling all ARTISTS! Hey there! While the writers finish up their screenplays, we're going to go ahead and get started on the art. For now, we will be focusing on the art of the main characters. What we basically need are rough sketches/character designs that will be voted on via likes (if you like what you see, hit the like button). We will focus on this for a couple of weeks...Anyone can submit a design for a character (for any of the main cast) at this point. If you make multiple sketches, please post each individual sketch into a new post.

The second stage is to have the winning sketches inked and eventually colored.

Let me show you an example process!

x Sketch
    x Lineart (ignore the mask lol)
    x Color

That being said, the ideal art will be digital. However, the concept art can be scanned.

So what first?

Concept art! From January 4th to January 18th, please submit character design sketches here. These sketches can be messy, if you want, but you're basically just outlining what the character will look like and wear. Something like this.

On January 19th, we will decide on final concept art for each main character.

From January 20/21st to January 31st, we will be working on clean sketches. (Such as the one in the 'sketch' example above).

From February 1st to February 15th, we will be linearting.

From the February 16th to February 28th, we will be doing the final coloring.

Rules

Concept art can be scanned, but the clean sketches, linearting/inking, and coloring MUST be digital (unless you have an amazing quality scanner).

If you provide any art, you do not have to do all of it. For example, if you're only able to do the lineart, but you can't do anything else, it's okay! Just sign up for that part of it.

The clean sketches of the main characters should all be done by the same person to retain style, if possible.

Please base your concept art on the descriptions given below. (If someone says they want long hair, please don't draw them with short hair).

Your character does not have to look exactly like you irl, if you're one of the characters to be drawn for. Just not super anime bright blue hair and red eyes pls.

The deadlines are important!! Please follow them and finish your part on time!

Characters

• Edit; Submit what you'd like. I don't have a headcanon so loool.
    • Gender; Female
      Height; 5'5"
      Hair Style; Choppy and kinda long, like to my shoulder blades in the back and kinda framing my face a little in the front. I have bangs too. It's mostly straight-ish because I straighten it, but it's a little curly-ish at the ends. I'll draw a quick reference when I have time.
      Hair Color; Dark Brown
      Skin Color; PALER THAN A FULL MOON. I literally use the lightest color makeup they make. I AM IRISH WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME.
      Eye Color; Dark Blue
      Outfit; Idfk. Will post options in reference pics which will be drawn when it's not stupid early in the morning.
      Anything Else; I AM THE CARD GAME KING idfk it's too early for this sh*t
      Height: 5'6
      Hair Style: My hair is pretty wild and wavy...curly. Like you will lose a hand if you touch it. So I tend to straighten it...and then put it up lol. At the moment its layered n' choppy and reaches past me shoulders. To be honest, I don't mind either way if they draw me with wild curly hair or up in a ponytail.
      Hair colour: Medium brown (?) with a hint of red
      Skin colour: Peely-wally. Milk bottle. Ok, not as white as a milk bottle, but I'm pretty pale.
      Eye colour:Blue but there's a teeny-weeny wee bit of green in there (if you want me to be specific)
      Outfit: Uhhh, I'm a jeans/t-shirt/hoodie type of lass. Though not skinny jeans. They feel so tiiiiiiight! I'm pretty lax in the way I dress. I'll see if I can find a picture or something as reference.
      Anything else: I HAVE A BODY CHISELED BY THE GODS!
      Height: 6' - 6'2"
      Hair style: curly, jewfro, but i can get bad hat hair and it gets flat and sometimes it parts to the side because i have bad hat hair and i brush it with my hand until it stays that way until my next shower
      Hair color: black
      Skin color: part white part middle eastern
      Eye color: brown
      Outfit: um... i have this bright blue shirt with grey stripes. it's long sleeve. also dark blue jeans that's faded and has some brown tint to it.
      Anything Else: i also have a beard. kinda thick (not by too much), but not long. i also wear glasses.
      Height: 5'7"
      Hair style: x Without such a blunt cut for the bangs. My bangs are more side swept, longer.
      Hair color: Dark brown. *Sobs* So boring, desu.
      Skin color: x | x A bit lighter than Merli, a bit darker than the second picture.
      Eye color: Light brown.
      Outfit: x | x Something like those.
      Anything Else: Always a bow in my hair. Never not a bow. Always. If you (the artist) need more clarification on something, ask me!

Contributing Artists

Please post here if you are planning on contributing something. Whether it's lineart, concept art, clean sketches or coloring. I will add you to the list and alert you when that part comes up!

• Jayn { Concept Art / Lineart }
    • Llave { Concept Art / Clean Sketches / Lineart / Coloring }
    • What? { Concept Art / Clean Sketches / Lineart }
    • HoT { Concept Art }
    • Fearless { Concept Art }
    • Dinny { Concept Art / Clean Sketches / Lineart / Coloring }
    • Cherry { Concept Art / Lineart }
    • Chie {Concept Art / Clean Sketches / Lineart / Coloring }

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Llave reporting in bby gurl for: Concept Art / Clean Sketches / Lineart / Coloring

Been waiting for this phase.

3. What? 『 music is freedom 』

What? reporting in for Concept Art / Clean Sketches / Lineart

(Colouring is a possibility in the future)

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I can do concept art.

Palk- I mean, The Hero of Time reporting.

5. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Well I'm drawing reference pics for myself anyways so I guess sign me up for whatever that would go under.
    I'll help where I can but I'm gonna be ridiculously busy this semester soyea.[DOUBLEPOST=1357441526][/DOUBLEPOST]Here guys have a thing
    [​IMG]

6. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Oh my!! I really hope I can find the time for this because I have legit been waiting for this ahhh <33

Concept Art / Clean Sketches / Line Art / Colouring

7. Cherry Berry Chaser

I've BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

May go for concept art and/or lineart :D

8. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

I'd love to help!
    Let's see.... I'll help with everything!!

Do you want sketches of half-body (to hips) or full body? I'll do both, but just to clarify.

Oh and sample styles of my artwork are found:
    - Traditional Art section
    - Pixiv
    - In my portfolios at home... (I may scan some more of my better works)

My style ranges from more realistic manga, to the shoujo stuff in Nakayoshi (like Shugo Chara, Arisa, Stardust Wink, basically the huge-eyed girly style). I can also imitate styles easily, so I hope I will be of help.

A suggestion:
    Since this is a visual novel thing, should we do the drawings in a more anime/manga style? We don't have to, but I just think that it would fit the "visual novel-ness" of this project.

9. Jayn

Full body is preferred, but half-body is also fine and acceptable for the concept art! In the end, I believe we'll probably just be going with half-body.

We will most likely end up with anime/manga style characters, but that will be ironed out/finalized after concept art.

--

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DEADLINE FOR CONCEPT ART IS IN SIX DAYS!! PLEASE GET THEM IN IF YOU'RE CONTRIBUTING THEM.

10. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

For my sketches, the characters are in a random pose. We can change hem depending on their personality for the final stuff...

Will post soon.

11. Llave Superless Moderator

Basically this period is to get the general figure and face situated. All the personality will show when we initiate the script with the actual drawings in the future steps.

12. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

Okay!

13. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I drew a Jayney
    [​IMG]

14. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

um um um um ummm.... exams this weekkkkk. studying, so i may be really last minute. would it be ok if i posted on saturday? if not then i'll skip the concept and give feedback and stuff. i'm sorriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

15. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I tried (and did not do well) at basic messy wildly varying concept art for Psychedelic so here you go:

[​IMG]

16. jafar custom title

I <3 this. Especially the little symbol the reflects mood. And how the hell did you know about my beanie?

17. Jayn

Today and tomorrow left, everyone. Please get them in if you're signed up for it.

18. Llave Superless Moderator

Any specific eta for tomorrow like the end of the 18th into the 19th 12am PST or w/e?

19. Jayn

By midnight of the 19th, my time. (It's almost 8:30pm here atm).

20. Cherry Berry Chaser

Damn... I'm a bit late for concept stuff (too many essays this month I swear to god D:), only managed to do a side of Kitteh's character. XD Uh, if you like it or not, let me know! Did this all digitally, so I hope it's ok that I cleaned it up a lil'.
    Uh, I could try and do the rest ASAP (Sunday latest if possible?), they're all unfinished at the mo due to my heavy workload.

Edit: Deleted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.