KHV The Musical - Phase Two: Screenplay

Discussion in 'KHV Musical' started by Plums, Nov 1, 2012.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I'd love to help write the screenplay, but I'm afraid that even if I do have time to work on it, I'll forget or put it off. :/

That being said: The goal for having the initial screenplay done is by the end of this month, correct?

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

Ideally. If we do go a week or so into December, I think it would be fine. But a week at max. The Christmas KHV events (Castle Oblivion, the KHV Anniversary and Secret Santa) are coming up soon after that, not to mention regular offline holiday stuff.

So yeah, we'd preferably like a completed draft done at the end of this month.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

...To heck with it; I'll take Part 3.

4. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

I have middle-of-year benchmarks coming up, but I'll see what I can do with the screenplay (don't worry, I have expirience with writing screenplays)

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

Adding now!

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

While we're all here, can we decide on names for Aaliyah's parents? The name is Hebrew or Arabic, so I was thinking maybe David and Rachel, for example.

7. Jayn

For those of you wondering who is who in terms of the main cast, so far;

Normal Member: Fearless
    Premium Member: Kitty
    Unbanned Member: Psychedelic
    Staff Member: Jayn

Please keep in mind that these roles can CHANGE in the next few months!! If you suddenly stop logging in, leave KHV, get perma banned, or anything else that could make you a less ideal candidate, then yeah.

While you don't have to be super involved in helping with the musical, if you disappear from the creation process/have no desire to support or contribute to the musical, and there's someone else who is working hard on it/is more available when needed and meets criteria, Plums and I reserve the right to recast (up until a certain point of course. once the art for them is done it's pretty much a sealed deal.)

+1 for this as well. I don't have a preference on their names, so. Whatever you guys want.

Writers, what's your progress so far?

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ooh, yes good. This shall help with the writing~

It's going pretty well. I've also made the Video Archive a physical location, like a pimped out darkroom, only it's a building. With other rooms attached.

9. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I'm starting to write a general outline on paper, I've got a few longer train rides coming up that I can use for plot storming. I'm planning on getting the bulk of the writing process done during Thanksgiving weekend, when I actually have time off to focus myself X.X

How long do you want each section to be? The run time is gonna be 45 minutes, and my understanding is that 1 page of dialogue = 1 minute of "screentime", so going by that, what would be the minimun/maximun amount we should write?

10. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Bad assumption. People don't read VNs that fast because you have to also look at the images and there are background pans and pauses and other things. By your logic I only have about 6 minutes of content finished but that's over 3000 words and I highly doubt people are going to be reading a full 500 words a minute.

My tendency to to write as much as you need and not try to structure it before you even know where you're going but I have a very loose writing method to begin with so. Also, this isn't a film or a play, it's a VN styled piece so at a minimum this thing is gonna be 4-6 hours of plot. That means each of our sections has to be the better part of an hour of reading. If we assume that a human can read as fast as they can type then they should be able to finish about 80-100 words a minute so 40-60 minutes of content will be between 3200 words and 6000 words.

I'm leaning more towards 6000 words per section myself, but it'll take as long as it takes. You can always pare down later if you have to but coming up with extra is harder and usually looks worse.

11. jafar custom title

It's Hebrew and it means "to rise." I mean, does it matter? It's just a name and you could use that to add a cultural depth to the character instead of just having a generic-seeming one. Also, the meaning of the name could play an important part into the personality of the character.

12. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Offering to write up Part 2 (the Unbanned's P.O.V.) since I will be up 90% of the time in my time out of the country and I can do something I suppose!

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

Parts 5 and 7 are STILL FREE if you wanna grab a part!

14. Jayn

Hi! Progress update. How are you doing, writers? Remember, you have until the end of this month. Main cast list here, if you haven't seen it.

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I seem to have hit a block in my writing for this. Like, I have ideas for what to do after the part I'm on, but I'm not sure how to get there. I may wind up just skipping that part for now and going back later. :/

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

Hey everyone!

Just bumping to remind you your drafts are due December 31st! :B

17. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

...Welp, guess who's not doing anything fun tomorrow. @___@ #wayfarbehind

18. kingdomheartsgeek Traverse Town Homebody

Less than 4 hours left

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I am by no means finished yet, but where do we send our parts when they are finished?

20. Plums Wakanda Forever

You can send them via PC to me and Jayn. :B