Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. root670 Destiny Islands Resident

Yup, 1.5 is "out there" right now ;) hint: proton

2. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

lol it leaked 2 weeks early :rolleyes:[DOUBLEPOST=1377839190][/DOUBLEPOST]lol it leaked two weeks early :rolleyes:

At least we can look for the accurate text.

To Sora665: Mine as well stop asking for a PS2 fix for Traverse Town and Deep Jungle. You haven't even tested the other ARDs I have asked you to test. In other words it starting to get annoying. You have PCSX2 Sora

3. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

hey root ? question . are u good at hex editing ?

4. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Holy crap guys. How the hell does this game get released on the internet 2 weeks before launch?

Regardless I skimmed through the video and only managed to find 2 things to change:
    - One was the short scene in Destiny Islands where Kairi mentions her lucky charm to Sora.
    - The other was an accurate translation of Sliding Dash.

Both btltbl.bin and the Destiny Islands ARDs have been updated just now so grab em up!
    Once that guy makes more videos I'll try to keep updating the files.

5. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

Crazycat your SLPS translation was close, but here is the accurate ones for you to add. Not much text surprisingly

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][DOUBLEPOST=1377870333][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like the EVT font is the same except 1.5 HD's font is bolded. I don't know why they went with that, but ok. I would reserve any extraction of 1.5's files until the US version comes out. That's when our fun can really begin:cool:

6. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

For the camera setting "Manually rotate camera using the right stick." we can't use that since the PS2 version doesn't use the right stick as a camera.
    We'd have to think of something else or just keep what we have.

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I just mapped it to the right stick for me.
    Also what i noticed about the camera for the PS2 and 1.5 is that its not circling around soar its circling around in front of him.

8. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah 1.5 lets you use the camera like any modern game where you have full 360 view. That's not something you can just easily map.
    (plus I actually use the right stick to control the command menu on the ps2 version, sooo much easier than the digital pad :P )

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Thats not what im saying. 2 and recom circle around you but in 1.5 and 1 i circle around in "front" of you.

I also noticed they added "new" to the menu when you get something new.

10. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

Here is a another play through in progress, could be useful:

11. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

"I know, but at this point that patch is mostly useless. We have already the game in english and improved :/"

Well I guess it's time to pack it up, everyone.

:rolleyes: Screw that.

12. gledson999 Destiny Islands Resident

I'm encountered this in Destiny Island, so are a method that allign the text box (balloon) with text? or expand the text box (balloon)? 2.png 3.png 1.png

13. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

Ok, I matched the title screen to the 1.5HD style. The only thing I didn't change is in the load menus: "KHFMPR". Personally, I don't like the abbreviated style like this. We know the game is KH1FM, so no need for that, and "Proud", and even "Beginner", fits on the line fine.
    Thus, which do you all prefer? "FMPR" (original FM style), "KHFMPR" (1.5 style), "Proud" (current style).

I'll wait for a few more videos to sprout to verify stuff before I release this again; no need to do an update every-time a new menu is shown. :P

14. TheGershon Destiny Islands Resident

I prefer the current style. Is what you updated on the drive?

15. EmiruTheKnight Moogle Assistant

Sorry for having an opinion (ʳ ´º㉨º)ʳ Like I said on another comment, I was talking in my case. I don't have a PS2 anymore and since the game is in english now in PS3, the patch is indeed useless to me right now. Sorry if it sounded rude.

As for the part of faulty, It's so far what I saw on a video, that all the texts were messed up and all that. Guess I should say now that it's incomplete?

PS: Yes, I registered for this lol

16. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

For me anything in 1.5 HD translates over to our patch, so I will go with KHFMPR

17. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

no its fine. Cursedkeyblade keeps posting everywhere. The point is to play it in English on the PS2 for people that dont have a PS3.

18. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

There's 2 tables that are being a little troublesome. They're much shorter in Japanese then English, there's no way for me to "compress" this table, and no way to make it bigger. I don't want to butcher the meanings, so if anyone wants to take a go at it I'll attach the tables (Includes Japanese and English).
    Btw, the 1.5 in the table's name has nothing to do with 1.5HD. These tables are just located between what I call table 1 and table 2, so... :p

Also, current SLPS state:

Attached Files:

19. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

I prefer the current style
    EDIT:
    you have to admit KHFMPR is just a little too much abbreviation don't you think, i mean i know everyone wants this to be accurate, but we can make it have some sense right? We can do some things better then the actual translation. But that's just my opinion.

20. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Honestly I like the original style. FMPR/FMBG/FM.

As to gledson mentioning the text boxes: I don't know how to change the sizes to match the US version, I can only reposition the text. If you plan on submitting screenshots to the drive, don't upload those.