Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Maka Albarn, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maka Albarn It's called love

Yo, long time no see, no chat, ladedada.

So my creative self has been craving a group RP setting, but my adult-self has grounded me down several times to come forward with an idea. But, seeing how the RP arena's been a bit
    dead (pun not intended, or was it?) lately, I'm kind of hesitant to make a full fledged RP yet.

So anyways... Anyone wanna RP a zombie apocalypse survival story with me? I hadn't
    fleshed out the juicy details yet, but it'll come in time.

If your answer is yes, does anyone want to correspond and help me run this bad boy? Obviously I'm still working full time, so I need some eyes and ears to help keep things moving. Not saying I would up and abandon things once it got started, just that I will help put the skeleton together, make a stable foundation first. I think you guys don't want a
    half-dead creator solely running this.

No? Yes? Maybe? Doesn't matter, not everyone has to be up for helping to run an RP. What kind of zombie apocalypse should we do? One that stems from scary drug use (iZombie type of scenario), sickness and no one realizes there's an outbreak till weird stuff starts happening (Walking Dead scenario), or there's a bio-war afoot?

Whichever one we choose will determine what kind of RP this will be. Either it's straight up survival mode where zombies are purely evil and we discover the living people that are left can be even eviler monsters, Warm Bodies where there's a misunderstanding with zombies and humans, that all that zombies need is a little love to be cured, zombies be purely evil and there is a cure out there somewhere whilst surviving, or some other story I hadn't thought up yet. ​

I'll wait to see the interest before I start throwing more ideas out my
    brain into virtual pixels.

2. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

MAKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAA *tackle hugs you*

I MISSED YOU SO MUCH OMG

Depending on how long posts were expected too be (like I'm not confident in my ability to write 3 paragraphs a post. Ask me to write an article for something? Hell yeah? But not role playing when I haven't done it in... 4 years probably?) I'd LOVE to join cuz I love Zombie stuff (huge fan of TWD).

Personally, I'd like a Walking Dead esk role play. That would be pretty cool. I don't wanna offer to help you co-run it, only because I haven't role-played in forever and a million years lol.

But seriously, I am so happy to see you again <3

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

I'd be game for this. The idea with a cure sounds good to me.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  4. Aelin Best Waifu

I would be up for it, and I can help if you like. I like the idea of full evil zombies with a cure somewhere. Gives them more of an objective than don't die.

5. Arch Mana Knight

Arch is ready for action.

6. Maka Albarn It's called love

Oh gosh, I got mauled by love! <3

I wasn't expecting big flowery worded posts, more like what comes natural. If it's one line, awesome. If it's half a page, I might glance over it to find keywords and miss important things through all the words, but hey. You don't have to be an expert in RPs to join this one. It's gonna be laid back as to lengths of posts and how often you post. So no worries!

And thank you love, I'm happy to see you too!

Woot, that's two.

True that, and I'd love help if you don't mind.

Awesome.

So pretty much we established that zombies are on the loose, we have to survive, but there's a cure somewhere out there. I think that's a good start up.

Depending on how many folks we have, should we start in one big group? Or start off on our own and meet up with folks on the way?

How do you want days to go by? Someone take the lead and time skip when necessary or just have a system of sort. Like three days equal one day or something.

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

We could start off with a tightly knit group with the current amount of people that we have.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

I would say that it should depend on people but don't have people completely off on their own, it makes it hard to meet up with people later. As for the days I think it should be open to say your judgment when it needs time skip, give people say two days warning then move to afternoon. You can also contact me on skype or here if you want some help with things

9. Glen Returned from the dead

You already know where I stand on this.

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

And before you completely overwhelm yourself, feel free to message me as well regarding this.

11. Doukuro Chaser

Yoooo Maka. Been ages. New username so not sure if you know me but Angel here. Looks like we both decided to return around the same time.

Totally for this and with the current ideas settled on. Tight-knit group would probably be best, if not that then one newly formed. Maybe even a mix. And if you ever need help I offer mine.

12. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

We also could start out by ourselves and then meet up one by one or some people can already be friends with/know each other. Or maybe there can be like a 'main group' consisiting of some characters and others can meet up with each other/with the group.

Just throwing some ideas out there lol.

13. Maka Albarn It's called love

I will hafta add you back on skype. It frizzed and I lost a lot of my contacts.

Yay~
    bawhahaha, thanks! Will do.
    DUDE! Long time no see! I missed ya! I agree, I kind of like group idea.

Yeah, we'll play it by ear and see where it goes. ^~^

I'm currently working on special abilities for character sheets (doctor, military, criminal, farmer/rancher etc), and is everyone okay with not knowing what kind of zombies are out there but stumble on them and figure it out as we go? Btw, is everyone mostly okay with character deaths if it comes to that? I know some people flip a lid if that happens, while others are chilled. You can like make another character again if needed.

Oh yeah, how many characters should everyone be able to create? Do you think there should be a limit? Or do whatever the heck.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

I would suggest maybe a suggested amount of one or two but no official limit in case there isn't enough players or something. Too many is hard to handle, but not enough can make difficult to have enough interaction. A suggested limit would allow for easier change

15. Arch Mana Knight

Maybe it should start as one character per person just to have everyone focus on a particular character for a while and not let things get spread too thin. Then, if activity is good, allow for people to make more.

16. Doukuro Chaser

Missed you too! So glad to see you again.

Also yeah totally okay with learning as we go. Okay with character deaths and the one or two character per person limit. Just think if ours dies and it's still on-going being able to put in another would be cool. Would make it feel easier to let the first one die I think.

17. Fellangel Bichael May

As long as there are lots of EXPLOOOOOOOSIONS. Sounds fun

18. Maka Albarn It's called love

Okay, one to start out with so we're not all scattered, and then people can make more if and when needed when things get better.

Me too! x3

Yeah, I'm planning to not do it as "Oh, you're dead? Too bad, we can't let you RP anymore, sorry." But more like, "Ope, my character died. TIME TO TORTURE ANOTHER SOUL I CREATED!" ^~^

Oh yeah, no worries, there's a chemist in the special abilities list I'm making

APOLOGIES FOR THE DELAY:

My older brother with Down syndrome is in the hospital with cardiac sepsis, on a ventilator, five different IVs, is being tube-fed, still in the ICU since Tuesday of last week, and it's just been really stressful. I'm stuck in Texas while this is all going on in Nevada, so my energy has been kind of drained and focused elsewhere. I'm on standby in case things get worse or doesn't seem to be improving.

But I will start working on it a bit at a time, just might be a week or two before I get it up and running.

19. Doukuro Chaser

No need to apologize when life is happening. Sending well wishes to your brother.

20. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Lots of hugs and love Maka <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.