Zac Efron is walking on a thin red line.

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Destined, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Destined Working for WDW

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/04/...ac-efron-is-obsessed-with-back-to-the-future/

I don't care if he slightly resembles Michael J. Fox or if he is a fit or not. This is one of my favorite trilogies and grew up on this all my life. In my opinion, him remaking Marty McFly would be like him retooling Luke Skywalker.

If another BTTF is in the works, I will not see it, as painful as that makes me feel.

Your thoughts.

2. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I don't think they will remake it, no-one is going to want to remake BTTF because it is such a ****ing classic, it would be like taking something perfect and demolishing it...oh wait, it's the movie world, they love doing that ._.

:/ if they DO remake it, they better not dare put him in the lead. I will actually cry.

3. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

I'd have to watch the first three movies first before I see the new one, assuming there's one in the works...which I hope there isn't. Too many 'sequels' have been made in attempts to make money, resulting in too many movies being butchered.

4. Destined Working for WDW

You all ready know my stance on this. And i agree with everything. Maybe if they did, Efron could be wimpy George Mcfly....nah.

all that is confirmed is he would be happy for an opportunity, there is no script for a 4th/remake.

5. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Is it me or is most remakes and ripoffs made nowadays have some sort of overhyped Disney actor in them?

Besides if they do make another Back To The Future i'll probably end up seeing it on Sky Movies but instantly it won't work, especially if Zac Efron and his creepy as hell face plays Marty.

6. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    If they do a fourth Back to the Future, all I have to say is this: Marty's story is over, the DeLorian is in pieces, start fresh with new characters.

7. Keyblade_Smokey Traverse Town Homebody

I'm sorry, I'm really getting tired of Efron getting all these roles just because he was in High School Musical that wasn't really popular with anyone other then middle school girls. The movies wasn't that great to begin with and now all the actors from those movies are getting staring roles.

BTTF is perfect the way it is, they don't need to remake it. It's way to early to consider it, maybe ten more years down the line or so.... just don't use the same characters.

8. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I can't imagine that there would be many people wanting to see a remake of it, no matter who's in it. It just wouldn't have a chance at being close to good enough. =/

9. Hayabusa Venomous

This.

We don't need another classic series ruined by cocky young male actors.

10. Aura Goddess

I agree. It necessarily doesn't matter who's in it but a remake of a classic just kills it. Loved the movies and I'd be pissed if they did a remake.

11. Cleopatra King's Apprentice

I love watching BTTF 1.2 & 3. If they're going to remake the movies, hopefully not because they are CLASSIC and dont need remaking, DON'T use Zac Efron. Doesnt Zac need to go to some High School Dance or something like that? I'll probably hate Hollywood if they do that. >|

12. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Funny thing is, I also heard that's he's taking an interest in a Full Metal Panic live action movie. =| I tried finding the link but I guess it's lost somewhere. Might have been just a rumour anyway...

In any event, they should keep their hands off of the Back to the Future franchise anyway. I haven't personally seen it myself but I know that my friends know that it is a classic and should stay one.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

What is wrong with you. Go watch it. Right now.

14. Arch Mana Knight

It'll be remade most likely. Look at Ghostbusters. It's being remade! >< Oh wait...I dunno how many people know about that. >> <<

Still, I actually liked the original...eh...it wasn't the greatest movie ever and a remake would ruin it for bigger fans but...I don't care if one is made or not. I'll probably rent it if/when it comes out on DVD. 8D

15. Hayabusa Venomous

That was expected with the new game.

16. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

Personally, I don't want them to remake Back to the Future. I like it the way it is...

And, on a side note, I knew Zac before he was famous... well like I'd met him a few times and said like 10 words to him... back then he was the nerdiest person ever hahaha. He's always been a good actor (you may not think so because you don't like HSM, but I do know for a fact that he can act), but I just can't take him seriously... so, sadly, I think it would ruin the movie for me if he played that role...

17. Destined Working for WDW

Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis have been trying to get Ghostbusters 3 for years. The reason they made the game was because they figured this would be there third movie. From what i've been following, Columbia wants there to be a third movie because of the whole buzz that the game is getting from new and old fans of the series.

I will ackowledge that Efron is a good singer. When he has stared in a drama outside of Disney and it does good, then i'll give him a chance as an actor....as long as it's not with BTTF.

Besides, we aren't thinking 4th Dimensionally. (--Doc Brown)
    What about Doc Brown? Would a movie be based around the Universal Studios ride (doubtful) or would he even want to come back for another go.

Could a 4th movie follow Jules and Verne? Maybe.

I still think that this series is cemented as classic and should remain as such on the big screen. IF (big if) they were to maybe make a BTTF video game, I might be ok.

18. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

Zac Efron is a ****ing awesome actor. He should be in everything, he'd make that **** so good.

Like X-Men 3. If they re-cast Wolverine with Efron, that **** would have been sweet.
    And the last Indiana Jones movie. If they replaced Harrison Ford with Zac Efron, we could have had a Efron and Lebouf team up. Can you imagine how balls to walls awesome that would have been?

But you know what movie would so ****ing cash?
    A American live action Death Note, with Efron as Light. Picture this, he's getting his Kira on writing names and **** in the Death Note and then out of nowhere he and Ryuk break out into song and dance.
    OH **** YES.

19. Destined Working for WDW

The only portion of this post that would have any 'logical' understanding is the Deathnote part.

You can't have anyone outside of Harrison Ford play Indy just the same as no one will ever best Sean Connery as James Bond. Efron as Wolverine...no.

20. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

Efron as Sniktbub is perfect. I don't want to hear otherwise.

And **** yeah, Efron should be James Bond as well. He's a suave mother****er, that boy.