Your First RP Experiences.

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Bushy, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

RIGHT PEOPLE! (Yay first RP Discussion Thread!) EDIT: Dammit! Bueno beat me to it! XD (By one minute!)
    To Christen this awesome new section, I wanna start us with something appropriate.

So...
    Tell us about your first RP experiences.
    When you first started?
    Why?
    What?
    Is RPing special to you?
    anything you can think of!

~
    Me, I've been RP'ing a few years... I don't remember when, but I know it was a long while ago.
    On and off this site for a few different things.
    One of the biggest RPs I've been a part of for the longest is one me, my bro (DarkTraitor) and our good buddy The Astarion are a part of on an online MMORPG Xbox 360 game called Phantasy Star Universe.

But yes!

Now you go!
    Let's get juicy discussions going!
    Ask each other stuff about things and lets have fun!

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I actually used to RP a lot when I first joined the site. It was summer time and I was just finding something to keep me occupied. I stuck with a lot of Kingdom Hearts RPs, but they were more like fun and relaxing "fan fiction" than doing a real RP. One of the funnest ones I was a part of (and the earliest one I remember being in) was on where Kingdom Hearts went to Disney World. I met a lot of cool people back in those days, some of them who have still been good friends to me to this day.

3. Accalia Gummi Ship Junkie

I had started rping in 2006. It was mainly Code Lyoko rps and Anime rps. I was young at the time and had never rped before.
    I saw other people doing it on a forum that I'm still using so I decided to join in since it looked fun. From there I slowly went from script rping to story format.

4. Destiny's hand Traverse Town Homebody

Damn, Bushy, someones excited.

Anyway, the first Rp I was ever in (If I can remember correctly) Was a Pokemon Rp. It was really Random most of the time, but at others, we were like sooo serious. After that, I remember making my first, Avalon (If anyone can remember it.) Way back in like, December or something. Now, I just like joining ones that others have made.

Some Rp's are real special to me, cause I got my Bffs: terra254, terminallyCapricous (Ack!), Te Deum, Jayn, and you!
    I can remember the Days of ROTK, B.

5. Daxa~ #stalker

Im pretty new to RPs actually D:
    The first one I was in is The Age of Heart one(thats still kinda going).
    I started it because it looked good,and my friend told me to xD
    And I officailly love it,because its kinda like writing a story with lots of different people,and loads of new angles,which I love.
    <3 <3 <3

6. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I started RPing back in the days of 08 when I was a noobishly noobish noob. Because of that, It sucked at it xD
    But 3 years has passed and I've (hopefully) gotten better.
    I've never really been in an RP that stayed alive for ages, but some of the better ones I've been in would be SORA's Angel RPs and Heartless_Angel's War for Sori. Which are both illogical in the way that half of it makes no sense xD
    I do really enjoy Role Playing as it helps your academic experience (?) as well as your creativity.

7. Spike H E R O

My first RP was the reason I had joined this forum. It was called "FF & KH Villain Unite". I read into the thread a bit, thoughts the idea sounded cool, and then I registered for the forum and joined in. It was pretty fun because I RP'ed as Luxord, whose a sly and crafty guy, and I make one hell of a crafty villain.

I haven't RP'ed in forever because there were some members who were a pain in the ass to work with. I've been thinking of getting back into it recently to try and be a little more social on the forum.

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I actually joined this site for the rping. My friend already rped on the site and introduced my to an rp called something like 'Children of the Organisation 4'? Or something like that. I don't think I even became a fully part of the rp as it had already been going for ages and it was really fast moving so I kept getting lost. And I remember about the 4th post I made, I got told off for god-modding, not done that since. xD However it got me into rping and introdced me to the site, that I am thankful for. The first rp I can remember getting quite into was 'Lay Me To Rest' or something similar, which I really enjoyed.

9. Jayn

I started role playing when I was eight, technically. On AIM with my other eight year old friend. It was terrible. I mean, the role playing. It was always InuYasha themed, and we were always...well...it was just bad, haha.

Then I started role playing on this InuYasha chat...Then it moved from that to Gaia, I think. Still bad. Then KHV with my first KHV RP. Which was actually decent. Bad, but in a decent way. And then it went from there.

I've always loved it, but sometimes I find it tedious, lol.

10. program Twilight Town Denizen

Oh man, this is really gonna embarrass me

I first joined a site for the discussion of a topic it was about, but soon found that there was a Rp section, I had no clue really how to do it but, after examining it and understanding it a bit I decided to join one. I did not ,however, understand the template part as well as I wish I would have; note, I was a troll/Mary-Sue. For the name I put my username, for powers I put the elements and some other crap I can't remember(ProbablyWasAlot) and I forgot the rest. But the creator even asked if I wanted to name the character my username, and I said yes, like a fool. As I Roleplayed I was horrible, I remember so many grammar mistakes.
    Then I recently found a site where I use to Rp, My Lovely E-Sister remembers and constantly says I was okay back then, I re-read all the threads I was in, and I gotta say. Thank God for flamers and the great human mind to adapt.
    RPing is special to me because it fuels my Fanfiction and keeps from getting and ridding of Artist/Writer's block and relaxes my mind from this cruel,harsh reality XD Plus you make friends!
    I just wish I could get my laptop soon so I can be more active in it. And I keep my RPing life from everyone in reality but for those who like it.

11. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh wow. The first RP I was in was on another forum, and it was crazy intense. Can't remember it for the life of me, but I forgot to post for a week or two once, and was killed off. I went into a blind rage. I since told myself I'd never Roleplay again. I could not keep that promise.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

When I first joined this site, I was in high school and I was that ghetto typ lik dis guy who was new to forums. I stayed in the Kingdom Hearts sections, though I eventually moved on to the Interests (particularly Discussion. RIP Repliku's essays<3). I never talked to anybody, though I ventured into the Spam Zone and RP Arena a couple of times. I decided the Spam Zone was the stupidest, most chaotic place I've ever seen and the RP Arena was this huge pool of geeks with no social lives who needed to spend more time getting rid of red lines on Microsoft Word. Then I joined a project called KHV's Version of KH3 or something of the sort where a member named Pezz got several members to come up with the bad guys, new characters, new worlds, and storyline for KH3 (way before BBS came out). Oh, I fell in love with that project (we still have the wiki set up) and its participators became my first friends (StarSeeker99, Pezz, and KME, I miss you, guys) on here. Pezz eventually made his first Role Play (though he's participated in a few) called World of Laifel. He asked us to join for support and we did. My god, did I love it. I no longer saw it as the geeky mess I did before. Several people had asked me if I write based on my posts xD

Eventually, I started joining other Role Plays and I've made great friends from it. I love role playing, and I'm addicted to it. Hell, I'm more addicted to making them than actually being in them, though xD
    I have a folder on my laptop with about ten different Role Plays I've made, ideas for at least 3 more, and I have a few ideas in my head for other Role Plays (such as a Power Ranger one).

13. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I started roleplaying on another site a long time ago, before this site. After a while it became apparent to me that the other roleplayers thought it was real and got out of there before things got weirder than they where getting (i.e. even when not on the site they where still in character).

I was on a few other sites before this one where I roleplayed, but not much, then I decided to start posting on here after having joined a while before and was in the roleplaying section for a while before I bothered posting elsewhere lol.
    My first roleplay on here was pretty bizarre, I thought it sounded cool but when I joined it was so far into it I couldn't keep up lol.

14. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Ah the world of Laifel. Brings back memories of me having the time to do whatever I want. Not like that anymore. Now all I do is attempt to finish my portfolio and get a job in the gaming industry. Good times, good times XD. Mine was this Fullmetal Alchemist RP. That's what inspired me to do Land of Laifel. I loved that one, but we never finished it -.-. Lolz I remember that one of the races was soooooooooooooooo over powered. Nobody wanted to be human in that game despite the fact that I created an awesome ability for them. Lolz.

Sooooooooooooo Red Robin. You've obviously gone and changed your name. who might you be?

15. Arch Mana Knight

Ah..I remember when I first started RPing. It was in the Extended section actually. There was only two of us RPing but it was pretty fun. Then later I went into another RP that would go on to have 6 or 7 thousand posts before it finally just died. I was power player back then...>>;;; But that was years ago. Now I'm probably the most active old RPer around. XD It's been nice to see all the changes and people who have come and gone through here. Yet some people still RP almost exactly the same as they did years ago. <-<

16. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Those were good days XD
    One of my first true RPs on this site lol

You totally should try and get back into it, I bet you'll be awesome. :D

I know what you mean, but we love it so anyway. lol :P

Well, your RPs are completely awesome, so you know.
    XD

Red Robin is LilBueno. Just so you know. lol

Again, I know what you mean there buddy, but, that's just how it goes lol.
    And yeah, you're an old timer on this site in terms of RPing. XD

17. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Boy, do I not want to look back at those posts... Haha! But I did always have a love for RPing. It started on KHV actually, after I finally released my grip of the cutscene archive when I was younger. It was somewhere after the date I joined, around 07. I was around... 10 or 11? I just studied for my math long test, do not mind my math right now And that alone says it sucked. I mean, I wish I was a great RPer before but no, no.

I do love, just sharing, that RPing really does help with one's writing skills. I've gone back to this site recently, and back to RPing not long after and I've really been more effort-full with my writing works even for school. I guess, when I was 10 or 11 it still meant the same thing: I got better at writing with RPing, becoming more conscious of grammar and spelling. It's fun, really.

But yeah, to sum it up, Holy. I was horrible before. It was fun, mwahaha <3

18. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    The first RP experience I have (which I don't think I'll ever forget) was back in 2009. I was pretty much fed up with life, and wanted nothing more than to find a way of venting and forgetting the fact that I wasn't too happy. So I stumbled around into a KH forum (not this one though), where I introduced myself to the RPing scene. I pretty much started my time there with an RP in a subsection geared exclusively towards combat via RP. I knew I was being basic when I made my challenge, using a character that really only had heightened human capacity for senses, strength and speed.

What I didn't know was that RPing on that site had, for about three or four years, been regarded to a very high standard by most people (more so for the creative aspects of it, and exposing and using the nuances of it, than actually running a tightfisted rule enforcement). I also didn't realize, at the time, that the opponent that had accepted my challenge was, at the very least, amongst the top ten active RPers there. The battle ended with me being told off for god-modding, but also being told that my grip on writing was, for the most part, solid, and enough to work with and build off of.

Basically, from that point, I was hooked to RPing. The first full RP that joined in was a Harry Potter one, which, unlike most I've seen, actually had the potential to be more than just a wild fan's dreams come true. Unfortunately, that RP never finished, leaving me on the edge of my seat wanting know where it would have gone to.

I'd rather not explain why I started RPing here, mostly because I'm somewhat ashamed of my reasoning (especially nowadays, and seeing more of the section and what it has to offer). If you'd really like to know, I can divulge that reasoning in private.

19. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

JUST WANTED TO START BY SAYING OBVIOUSLY RPING IS SPECIAL TO ME. I WOULDN'T BE DOING IT IF IT WASN'T. LOL.

I CAN'T HONESTLY SAY WHAT MY FIRST RP WAS, BECAUSE I DON'T REMEMBER. I KNOW MY FIRST REAL ROLEPLAY WAS HERE, BUT I HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHICH ONE IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN. I'M GUESSING A KH THEMED RP. PROBABLY. I DO LIKE SAYING THAT "A KNIGHT'S TALE" IS MY FIRST ONE. USUALLY WHEN I THINK OF MY FIRST RP THAT IS THE ONE THAT COMES TO MIND, EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT'S NOT EXACTLY MY FIRST, BUT IT WAS ONE OF THE FIRST FEW I WAS A PART OF AFTER JOINING KH-VIDS.

MY FIRST RP EXPERIENCES WOULD GO BACK TO BEFORE USING THE INTERNET. WHEN I WAS LITTLE, MY BROTHER, MY COUSINS, AND I WOULD ALL PRETEND WE HAD SPECIAL AFFINITIES ( MINE WAS WATER ) AND WE WOULD FIGHT MONSTERS. WE ALWAYS PRETENDED TO BE THE SAME MADE UP CHARACTERS EVERY TIME WE GOT TOGETHER WITH SIMILAR BOSSES AND MONSTERS TO FIGHT. SO I GUESS MY FIRST ROLEPLAYING WAS LARPING WHEN I WAS LITTLE. LOL.

MY FIRST ONLINE RPING WAS THROUGH THE MYSPACE CHATS. EVERYONE WOULD SWITCH THEIR PROFILE PICS AND USERNAMES TO FIT AND OC OR CANNON CHARACTER AND GO TO THE ANIME CHAT AND JUST PRETEND BACK AND FORTH. I ALWAYS ENJOYED THAT.

I DON'T REALLY REMEMBER WHEN I STOPPED DOING THAT, BUT EVENTUALLY I DID. I HADN'T PICKED UP RPING AGAIN UNTIL ABOUT THE TIME THAT I JOINED KH-VIDS. MY FRIENDS WERE MEMBERS AND THEY DID THESE EMAIL ROLEPLAYS. THEY HAD THEIR CHARACTERS AND STORYLINE AND WOULD EMAIL IT BACK AND FORTH EACHING TAKING TURNS. THEN THEY STARTED WORKING ON A ROLEPLAY TO POST HERE AND THAT WAS WHEN I DECIDED TO FINALLY BECOME A MEMBER AND STOP READING KH FANFICS AND START LIVING THE LIFE OF A KINGDOM HEARTS CHARACTER. HAha.

20. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

When you first started?
    Ohohoh, boy! That was SUCH a long time ago, and I can tell you with all of my heart, I was terrible. ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY JUTS TERRIBLE. It was about 2-3 years ago, when I was 11-12. That's when I started. I godmodded, I powerplayed, metagamed, acted like I didn't go to school, etc etc. Then, something happened that changed my rping life. I went in to a roleplay(not going to go in to further detail since I'm not sure if talking about other sites or linking is against the rules), and then I broke some rules. I got kicked out, and then I got scolded by the mods, who then blocked me. My friend, who told me about the group, told me to learn how to use actual spelling and grammar. Here's where my memory gets fuzzy. I think I started to, I can't remember why, then it became pure habit to correct my mistakes. After some time, I finally mastered the first step of roleplaying: Spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, that kind of stuff. And then, as I became faster in typing, and learned new vocabulary, I would start to type longer paragraphs until I finally became an actual decent roleplayer. But sometimes, I wonder, what would happen if the me right now was the me in the past? What would've happened if I managed to get in on the roleplay? And that's how I rose to become a thebestofcourse good roleplayer.

Why?
    Well, I saw people roleplaying in the chatbox, so I decided, why not? It looked pretty fun. I wanted to grow up to be a novelist, so I decided to test out my skills. Or what I thought was skill at the time...

What?
    What does this mean. If youre asking who I rped as for my first time rping, then I honestly can't remember.

Is RPing special to you?

Hell yeah. I love roleplaying. It's hard to describe, it's like...Making a book with someone with so many plot twists. You're writing, and there are so many turns here, turns there, and around each corner, you would find a small surprise by the people you rp with. And theres also the fact that you can make some friends as you roleplay, too. And nothing feels as good as putting your characters through so much mental trauma and pain just because you can, and it pleases you. Sadism? Maybe.