XenForo Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I know. I was thinking as a replacement for the BBCode Editor. TinyMCE looks great for those that want a WYSIWYG Editor. But right now the BBCode Editor isn't very user friendly though.

2. Misty gimme kiss

Ah, I see. I'll play around with it when I've got the chance.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

I know you're busy, Misty, and understandably so, but when do you think you'll have some time to go over and comment on the unanswered suggestions? :)

4. Misty gimme kiss

I've been doing my best to keep up with all these threads but I have my own to-do list that sometimes takes precedent.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's certainly understandable, and there's certainly no rush. I just thought I'd ask. :)

Any time you get a chance, just take a look at the OP here. :)

6. Arch Mana Knight

Bumping because I feel this is appropriate.

The image align codes aren't working or just aren't actually in Xenforo(probably the former because they do something). I opened up a Conversation with myself to do some editing on stuff I've done and found that whenever I use [imgl} or the other for moving pictures around, it just breaks the image and doesn't leave the text to the side of the image. D:

I've checked the OP and this doesn't seem to be mentioned. >>

EDIT: The problem seems to be with the preview. Those two codes don't work there but I think they still work when the actual post has been made. Hm. B|

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

8. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Return marquee text.
    Add quick messaging/sage.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Can we bring back thread reviews when replying (as in, not quick replying)?

And it seems banned members keep their avatar and signatures. Can we remove these again? (it just makes it easier to identify, in my opinion)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1346112197][/DOUBLEPOST]In vB, we could double click the icon next to each subforum and mark that individual forum as read. Is that possible here?

10. Misty gimme kiss

Just posting to say that this is now available. Not the exact system Mixt supplied but one all the same; I had Chev test it on his iPad and he said it was working. Obviously it's not as full-featured as the WYSIWYG editor but it is an improvement.

11. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Would it be possible to add the "Alt+S to post" shortcut back to the editor? It's way minor, but it bugs me to have move my mouse to post. I'll get used to it, but I'd rather not have to.

12. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Is there a way to prevent spoiler tags from making quotation marks come out as garbage in certain posts?

I'm not sure what's causing it but I noticed it in a few threads from earlier this year.

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

I think that may have been a result of the move in general on all threads pre-Xenforo. Quite a few punctuation marks had reverted to garbage. Not sure if there's any way to fix it other than manually, unfortunately.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I used to be able to press tab and then enter to submit a post, but now tab doesn't take me out of the post box. I was able to do it after the move now so this may be a browser thing? If it isn't, though, is there any way to fix that?

15. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It depends on which editor you are using. Rich Text editor doesn't have a tab escape (though it also doesn't input the tab character, it just does nothing oddly). BBCode Editor does escape out with tab so tab + tab + enter works. But this does require you switching editors so if all you want it for is that then it is more hassle than help. [/not helpful]

16. Amaury Legendary Hero

Just letting you guys know I updated the format of the OP. It's now more organized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.