World Cup 2010!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Always Dance, Jun 11, 2010.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I know this is only to be expected from an american (USA! USA! USA!!!) but in the USA versus England match I laughed... that's right LAUGHED when England's goalie gave us the point because he mishandled the ball. No offense to any Brits on KHV but I just burst into laughter at that.

2. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I'm sure they won't be offended at it because chances are they laughed as well.

3. Arch Mana Knight

Even if England actually won...it doesn't mean their team is actually great. XD

I didn't laugh. It was rather amusing though. I'm disappointed with Brazil's and Spain's games though. Brazil should've completely wiped the floor with the other team and Spain should've won. Germany seems to be the only good team from Europe so far.

4. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Well Brazil could have done better in the first half if they played faster and passed around more but the North Korean defense was pretty tight so it made things harder. I didn't watch the game with Spain so I can't say anything about that. How did it go?

5. Cyanide King's Apprentice

\o Fck yeah br power.

I don't really keep up with soccer and usually don't give a sht about it in general, but in this case even I want Brazil to win, although just a little.

6. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Anyone but England or France.

England because English people tend to be arrogant *******s about the whole thing going OMG WE ARE THE BEST TEAM EVER AND WE ARE GOING TO WIN. The commentators assume that England are getting to the next round and start planning the matches. I mean like, wtf GTFO.

As for France, Thierry Henry is a dick and they are losers for cheating and thereby knocked Ireland out of the World Cup.

On another note, if North and South Korea had gone to war before the first match of the World Cup then Ireland would have been put back in =D

7. Tootsie coquí

I'm a loyal Argentina supporter <3 other than them I support Germany, Brazil and now Japan.

8. Arch Mana Knight

I'm not sure about that game.

Did anyone see that last call the ref made about the goal the US made? In every channel I've seen the commentators have no idea how the player even got "offside". That was a stupid call. The US caught up and could've have won 3:2.

9. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

That made me so mad. I couldn't believe they even made that call.

I was surprised that England didn't kick our ass. :/gasp:

10. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Very surprised with Group C. I didn't expect England to be behind America in the Cup. Right now the placings of the group are:

1. Slovenia
    2. USA
    3. England
    4. Algeria

This is a very interesting World Cup since so many unexpected things are happening.

11. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

He didn't call it an offside. Noone knows what he called it. I have seen the replay many times, but unless I am missing something there is no rule breaking. It must be the biggest referee mistake in this World Cup so far.

12. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Basically been doing the same thing. I've looked at the highlights 5 times now and I don't see why the ref made that call. It wasn't offsides and there were no fouls from the US. A Slovenian player was basically hugging an American player so he couldn't get the ball and the ref completely disregarded that. It should have been America's win.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I was offended by this as well. I mean just because they won (tied) due to a mishandled ball doesn't mean that you have to hate them from there on out.

14. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Portugal won 7-0 against North Korea. Damn that's a pretty big comeback from their last game where they didn't even score a goal. I didn't even believe it when my friend told me that they won by that much.

15. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Call me crazy, but I didn't enjoy that game at all. To me, it was just an ordinary match.

16. Styx That's me inside your head.

It's not crazy, I prefer less...one-sided matches as well. Uruguay-Mexico just now was one of them.
    Interesting to know:Uruguay is one of just four teams that didn't get scored against yet (the others are Chile, Portugal and The Netherlands), and the only one so far who have kept this up in all three matches of the first round. I wonder if they'll become the new Switzerland? XD

17. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

And.... Italy is down! Now that was a brilliant game by Slovakia. Italy justified me when I say they don't deserve to hold the Wold Cup champions.

18. Always Dance Chaser

I can't believe the USA went from not even being able to advance to winning the group with a single goal. Both the USA and Mexico are advancing, awesome.

19. Styx That's me inside your head.

So now both finalists of the previous World Cup have been sent home. This edition really has some interesting surprises. Too bad I can't see it through to the final this year but I'll hear from it I guess.

20. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I just watched the Italy vs Slovakia; and it was pretty damn good, from what I saw at least. Italy's goal keeper hit someone in the face? The commenters were saying he at least poked him in the eye or something. Pretty awesome.