Birth by Sleep Why does Ventus look like Roxas?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Cloud4012, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

When I first saw the preview and saw ventus I immediately thought it was roxas what is the deal with that?

2. Glen Returned from the dead

Other way around actually. Roxas has the appearance of Ventus because at the time that Roxas was created, Sora had Ventus' heart within him. So, i guess you could say Roxas is just as much Ventus' Nobody as he is Sora's. Hope that cleared it up xD

3. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

I did not know that thanks

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah, it basically because Ventus shared his heart with Sora, so sora got a piece of Ventus's heart, so when Sora turned into a heartless, instead of turning him into a nobody, it turned Ventus's piece of the heart into a nobody

5. Llave Superless Moderator

Well... (Spoilers on BBS plot, i take it you haven't played it yet? just want to warn you in case you hadn't...)

Ventus is one of the three keyblade wielders that you play as in Birth By Sleep. (BBS) He had the darkness taken out of him by Master Xehanort, thus creating Vanitas. MX's goal was then to get Ventus and Vanitas to engage each other in battle in order to forge the X-Blade.

Ventus destroyed the X-Blade, thus destroying Vanitas, however it "destroyed" him too. His heart wandered around until Sora had found it. Sora said that his heart could stay in him if he wanted to, and Ven agreed.

So now we fast forward to KH1. Sora releases his heart, in order to give Kairi's back. Sora became a heartless, but it also created a Nobody, Roxas. Think of Roxas as a hybrid of Sora and Ven's Nobody. (Is kinda the same with Terra and MX, and their heartless and Nobody.)

Hope that cleared things up more than it made it confusing...

6. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah I've played Birth by sleep and beat it. But know I know why thank u

7. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

Because Tetsuya Nomura is incredibly lazy.

8. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

My guess

Here is my guess. Roxas did have a heart inside him, Ventus' heart. I believe that Heartless Sora actually DID have Sora's heart and that is why he could control himself as a heartless. If you recall, in chain of memories, it's mentioned that the only other person to be able to do this is Xemnas/Terranort/Xehanort. Another similarity between Sora and Terranort, beside both having 2 hearts residing inside of them is that their Nobodies had no memories of their prior lives. I believe that a semi-broken terra heart went with the heartless, while Xehanort's heart went into Xemnas. Since it was Terra's body Xehanort wouldn't have the memories, whereas Terra's heartless, while having some fractured memories, probably only remembered something about Kingdom Hearts having the answers. He was likely drawn to Riku because of the connection between Terra and him. When Roxas went to
    Castle Oblivion he collapsed because of some what, to me, looked like a sudden memory rush that he couldn't handle and you'll recall that Ventus was hidden somewhere inside of C.O.

9. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I think everyone knows why, so shouldn't this this thread be locked?

EDIT: Wait what?
    Hmhmhm... Yes, Sora's heartless did have Sora's heart. This is why Kairi could "save" him.
    ...I can't remember where they tell us that the only one that could be able to do this is Xemnas/Terranort/Xehanort.

You have a interesting guess.

10. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

It was one of Zexion's lines, as I recall and from the recent 8 minute trailer it may well be my guess was a direct bulleye! *Squee's over getting prediction correct!*

11. gamehelp1000 Moogle Assistant

that actually makes sense, but if anyone were to save Terra, who exactly would Sora, Riku, Aqua, or anyone for that matter, save Terra, I mean, Sora killed Xehanort's heartless (or Terra's fractured heart) and Xemnas, Xehanort's nobody, so how would any of the heroes get Terra back? and another quick question, is Terra's armour dead? in the badlands you defeat him... but you can verse him again and again, so does this still mean that his armour still exist.... ?
    was this with Riku's story?... because, I haven't played the re: com of his story... yet (I did on the GBA but did really listen to them as much as Sora's story..)
    and can someone plz tell me how to get the picture to show when I post comments... (like "cloudrunner62", you have Riku, how did you get that picture to show?)

12. Arch Mana Knight

Several things wrong here. Xehanort does not have a Nobody or Heartless. "Terranort" does. Also, death doesn't exist in Kingdom Hearts(Nomura said so!). In this case, when you defeat a Heartless then the Nobody of a person their original body returns. Both Terra and Xehanort can come back with this rule.

Also, armor can't die. Until it's mentioned again Terra's Lingering Sentiment(his armor) is still there.

It was mentioned in Sora's story indirectly. I think it was Larxene and Marluxia who mentioned it and they refered to Xemnas as "The Superior" because at that point in time we weren't supposed to know about Xemnas.

13. windblade King's Apprentice

We've discussed why Ven and Roxas look alike, but the bigger question that I have is this:
    Why do Vanitas and Sora look alike and have the same voice? Sora is a unique human, and Vanitas was a part of Ven before he ever met Sora. So why are they so similar?

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Here's the thing.

At the beginning of Ventus' story, we see him in his fractured awakening. He's talking to a newborn heart (meaning the heart of a child) who offers to fill the gap left behind by the absence of Vanitas' darkness in Ven's heart. That newborn heart was Sora, and since he was filling the gap left by Vanitas, it's only natural that they would look alike.

Personally, I believe Sora looks like Vanitas, as Vanitas existed before Sora filled the hole in Ven's heart.

15. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

Well, the people above pretty much answered this so I'm just gonna go lurk around the forum again, lol.

16. windblade King's Apprentice

Ah, interesting! I forgot about that (I still dont remember the scene, but I'll go back and re-play it.) That makes sense.

17. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

Actually, if you recall, MX was going to leave Ventus at Destiny Islands until his keyblade appeared again, at that point he took him to Erauqs. Also, we never saw Vanitas's face until AFTER the connection is made between Ventus and Sora. I believe that is when Vanitas was given that appearance. Until then he likely appeared as Ventus. As for the voice, they didn't want people confused and left them with the same VA, the one for Sora.

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

Well, since the question has been more or less answered, going to lock this thread now. for those who still need clarification on the topic, please see the spoiler below.

L O C K E D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.