Dream Drop Distance Why do you want KHIII and what do you expect from it?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Boy Wonder, May 21, 2011.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I keep seeing "Square needs to hurry and make KHIII and stop making spinoffs" type comments ever since I joined this forum and I never really agreed. I understand people are tired of the spinoffs on different consoles and Square milking the bejesus out of the series, but do you really want it to end? I know it was confirmed that KH will continue past KHIII but that's the end of the Xehanort saga, but I personally am in no rush for KHIII.

Anyway, why do you personally want KHIII and what do you think will be in it?

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I want it because I just want to see Xehanort get his butt kicked by everyone from the past games

3. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Because I want a juicy game like KH2. No game before KH3 and after KH2 seems to offer so much to me.

4. The Fuk? Dead

Yeah, spinoffs are okay, but they can make the third one and still make spinoffs afterwards.

5. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I personally want the KH series to end at KH3. I mean I honestly don't want to see KH go like Final Fantasy.

Maybe the reason why I want KH3 is because KH is the first game which got me into video games and with all these extremely quick releases of other series (AC and ME) this is making KH look really slow.

6. Patman Bof

As long as the KH sequels are full-fledged games (BBS) rather than filler games (Re:Coded), reusing the same worlds over and over to a sickening point, I' m fine with them.
    I think people desperately want KH3 for three reasons :
    - They grew tired of filler games dripping on every single console.
    - They want a PS3 HD game. Let' s face it, so far SquareEnix hasn' t done a great job on the PS3.
    - They want the saga to end so that they can finally enjoy the whole saga as it was meant to be. The final chapter of every saga always gives the ultimate comprehension keys, allowing the reader/viewer to enjoy the first chapters under a new light. Pushing KH3 further and further in time deprives players from that pleasure, when they go back to KH1 or KH2 they' re stuck with questions and plot holes.
    If JK Rowling had left readers pondering over the "Half Blood Prince" opened ending for seven years, or if Peter Jackson had done the same between "The Two Towers" and "Return Of The King" people would have been upset, for good reasons. It' s not that surprising that most people go all "screw that ****" and move on.

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I want KH 3 because the fact that Sora may rescue Terra, Ven and Aqua with the possibility of fighting alongside them and Riku seems awesome.
    I'd rather it goes like FF but each game is a direct sequel to each game released then have tons of filler games.

8. Akua WaterDragonKing Traverse Town Homebody

I use to think this-> '5 and a half years, you would think they already have it out or atleast ready.' I am actually thankful for the fillers. They filled in blank points that needed to be filled. Imagine a game series with so many story/timeline holes (Insert one of multiple games here). It wouldn't be very funny, because you don't actually understand what's happening half the time. So my point? So just let them keep coming. So when you finally get KH3, you'll know what's exactly going to happen (or atleast have some anticipation of whats going to happen) and enjoy it because of that long wait. :D

9. Finn Merlin's Housekeeper

what i'd like would be: Lingering Will keeping his promise on " one day setting things right".

10. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

Well, I'm pretty sure everyone's top answer is going to be getting a game with better graphics. Whether we get that game on the PS3/360/Cafe doesn't matter to me, considering I have the PS3 and 360 and plan on getting Project Cafe whenever it's released. After that, I would like to see online play, similar to BbS's. That'd be nice. Especially if more players could join games. Um... let's see... Oh, well, seeing what happens to TAV will be nice. So yeah. c:

11. Arch Mana Knight

Well, whether we like it or not...we have to wait awhile until KH3 is even announced. Maybe in a year it'll be announced to be in development. Why do I say that? Because Versus XIII hasn't been released yet. The "main" Kingdom Hearts development team is working on Versus and KH3 won't start development until they're free. Unless there's the small chance that they're working on KH3 at the same time. Also, Yoko Shimomura is making Versus's soundtrack so we have to wait for her as well(unless she's already done...which is possible).

Anyways, I really want to play as my favorite character again. Kinda obvious who it is. << As long as Terra gets some awesome action in, I'm happy.

12. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

I want a big 'wow' game like Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2. I admit the others aren't horrible, BBS, I really liked that game. But Re:Coded not only did I finish it in 15 hours, but it was mostly the same game play, the only interesting part was the end of the game. 358/2 days I liked somewhat, but definitely not my favorite, and by Day 300 I was pulling my hair out with mission after mission.
    On to Kingdom Hearts III, I don't want the series to end, but I also do want the series to end. I would absolutely love (since I'm a big BBS fan) some Terra, Ventus, and Aqua action, and I would love to see how Nomura will fit
    Xion back in the plot, since we know she is a big part of KH III from Re:Coded ending
    I'm really hoping that it's on the Playstation 3, because I would be absolutely heartbroken if it was on Xbox or Project Cafe, since I don't have an Xbox and don't plan on getting Project Cafe, and PS3 has pretty good graphics. I don't want the series to end because I still remembering buying the first Kingdom Hearts game, and running out for the 2nd, and getting every game of Kingdom Hearts as soon as it came out, and I would hate for it to end. I kind of do want the series to end because I don't want it to be Final Fantasy, with at least 13 different games, because sadly there is an end to every beginning of a series.

13. Mike Chaser

I think this is a pretty good question. I mean our reasons range differently, but to be honest I'm interested in a story with Aqua and Sora. I think that is what we'll see. I'm also interested in seeing Terra, Ven and Aqua together again. The last and most important thing that I'm dying to see is what happens to Sora, Roxas and Ven once they meet each other?

Now let's face it...any Kingdom Hearts game is great on Playstation. I just need a new title on there too. It's taken way too long and my patience is really bad right now.

14. P Banned

As odd as it may sound, I want it so that activity on KHV increases. Currently, we're riding the momentum of KHII, and getting small 8oosts from the spin off games, 8ut the real killers for AMV making and the like are the hi-def console games. When KH3 comes out, it'll completely revitalise KHV, as everyone will want videos to use.

Also, I don't have a PS3, and rarely play video games, so KHV is actually more important to me than the series. ::::P

15. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I want it for the story. I wan all loose ends to be tied up, not more made. I want to see how it closes, not how it just puts more cracks and holes in the door.

16. SUPERSMASHDRAKE Traverse Town Homebody

This is a very interesting question I must say. I guess the reason I want is because I want a full game like KH2. BBS was great, it's just to get a nice level (like 99) you had to grind. It's more than likely going to be on the PS3, so I need something to push me to finally get my own PS3. As long as it gets announced, I would like them to take as much time on it as they want. KH2 was rushed because everyone said they wanted it, so that's why KH2FM had so many new additions, because they couldn't get into the original game due to time issues. I also want to see what happens to the story, and what SE/Disney can do on a current-generation console to improve the game. Imagine if KH3 had DLC, like Keychains, and possibly world add-ons and stuff like that. With DLC, a game can live as long as the developers want. Imagine being able to download Missions for the Mirage Arena, or whatever KH3 will use as a tournament/fighting hub.

17. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

As of right now, I'd like KH3 because I see it as being the final saga of the KH series, but of course I kind of doubt this will happen due to how well the so called franchise is doing. Then again I'd also want it for the story and how far and successful it may go. I was pretty much displeased with no new console release in the last few years.

18. Patman Bof

I don' t get it, you want them to take their time in order to deliver a game as complete as it could possibly get ... and then you also want DLCs ? It' s one or the other, you can' t have both. DLCs are just a lame excuse to either sell incomplete games at full price or to make people pay for gadget bonus stuff that should have been free. SquareEnix should be ashamed of milking Duodecim the way they currently are, people already paid full price for what' s essentially copied and pasted content from the first Dissidia. Seriously, when I think of the time and work they need to model a measly costume and then see how much they sell it it makes me wanna puke.

I' m all for free DLCs, but "surprisingly" most DLCs are paying (more than often at an outrageous price).
    Unfortunately SE bad 2010 financial results led them to announce an incoming paying DLC shitstorm, amongst other things. I hope time will tell them it was a bad move, but I' m not holding my breath (that decision is probably a sign that Duodecim DLCs were profitable).

19. JakeKingdomHeartsFan Merlin's Housekeeper

I want it so I can say I'm caught up on the series when I'm really not. xD

20. XzCookieszX Moogle Assistant

Because, I want to know what happens next and what the king wrote on the letter XD.