What Disturbs You?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Fellangel, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Fellangel Bichael May

A little warning before I start. This may include NSFW content depending on people's views. So underage people may want to keep away from this thread. If pictures are used, please use spoiler tags to prevent accidentally traumatizing people. Also, put warnings next to your topics as words can be TMI for some people.

I would say title says all, but there are a lot of people who tend to group scares and disturbances in the same group. I think it's both true and false. They both put a tick inside of us. However, one is more instant and shocking while the other is a lingering feeling. Let me explain:

Scare: Ghost that pops up in front of you, sharp and sudden sound, MOTHA EFFIN SPIDERS, ect
    Disturbance: Darkness, creepy laughter, ect

Kinda see the differences? I know someone made a thread talking about fear/scares, but I dunno. I find this in the same category, but on a different level (well unless you're a mod. Feel free to merge this or somethin. I ain't gonna argue with dat :c). If that's not the case, then see it as a scare that doesn't incite a reaction at first, but it makes your insides cringe more and more the longer you're in the vicinity of that.

So the question is what disturbs you? Something as simple as the dark? Or something far more specific and sinister?

Please do not feel obligated to answer if it's something personal. I don't wanna push you out of your comfort zone to share your views on this.

Random Sounds when Home Alone-

When I'm alone in my home and the house makes random sounds like my rice cooker going off or random creaks, it makes me jump in my seat. Maybe because I've been watching too many horror games about murders and monsters inside a person's home and trying to kill them which involves the victim running around and finding a hiding place. It does lead sometimes lead to my next two more extreme cases, but usually, it's nothing more than a jump and then a paranoiac feeling.

Soulless/Bloody-Empty Eyes (Graphic warning?)-

These just chill me to the core. People with completely colored eyes (Completely black or white) staring right at me. It just freezes my insides badly. It's not too bad seeing them nowdays, but they still make me cringe a bit. The worse latter on this list are people with no eyes at all. Instead, they have those empty pits with blood running down them. My god those just make me wanna curl up in a corner and cry. The best example of this would be the video game The Witch's House. I couldn't sleep for days after what I experienced.

Extreme Gore/Violent Injuries (Graphic warning)-

This isn't disturbing itself, but the concept is. It doesn't really hit me when it comes to video games, movies, anime, ect, but when seeing it in real life pictures, it makes me sick. Very sick. This applies to both animals and human beings. If it's due to objects such as large knives, chainsaws, or other objects meant for cutting, then it's not too bad, but when it's a brutal violent actions such as wild animals attacking or heavy blunt objects, it makes the scene far worse mostly because all the damage is not cleanly made so it's just...everywhere. I've seen images (thanks Facebook you scrub) of all sorts and it doesn't matter how big or small the scale it is. Every one of them horrify me and make me sick for long periods of time. Earlier, I stated that it's the concept hat disturbs me. What does that mean? I hate it, but I imagine someone close to me in that situation which makes me clench up in even higher points of fear.

2. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't know why, but mirrors always disturb me at certain situations. Like late at night, it's dark, and there's a mirror right there. Somehow that manages to creep me out every single time. I can pass by it a few times, but at some point I just think something might pop out of it no matter how many times I know it won't.

Gore, and extreme injuries, can disturb me from time to time depending on the severity, and how graphic it is. For example, if it's blood splatters or bloody explosions doesn't bother me. However, times when insides and guts are everywhere that's just too much for me, or perhaps most people.

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I get creeped out by extreme contrasts of black and white. Halls that inexplicably terminate in a flat void, a big toothy grin against sheer blackness, things like that. Also the noise that Regenerators make in RE4. If ANYTHING ever made that noise in my everyday life I'd either obliterate it with my tower fan or take off running.

I can identify with that. And there's also the fact that they always seem lighter than the rest of the room in the middle of the night, and you're not quite sure why they aren't the same muddy color-drained shade of everything else nearbyohmYGODWHATWASTHAT oh it was the cat. Whew.

4. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

The darkness, sometimes. Mostly only if I'm within closed quarters, my own home. I prefer to be walking outside in the dark, on a street where I can see things within a clear field of vision and the noises are not stifled by walls.

People who sleep with their eyes wide open. Lagophthalmos.

Lights on when no one is in the room.
    Doors open when no one is in the room.

Unlocked doors.

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Mouths that open waaaaaay more than they should. Like, down past the jaw.
    upload_2014-4-12_17-53-36.jpeg
    That ep of doctor who wasn't TOO scary, but when I saw that pic I about screamed. I'm feeling really creeped out now just looking at it.

I also don't like silhouettes. Especially silhouettes of human-like figures. Like, sometimes at night I get this feeling, that if I turn around and look at my bedroom window there will be Slender-Man's silhouette standing there. And then I HAVE to look because I know if I don't I'll just keep thinking about it, but I feel like when I turn to look I WILL see it and for a split second, I'm sure I do.

Another thing that kind of creeps me out are pets. This one, it's kinda weird, I know. I pretty much know it came from watching an episode of Star Trek when I was really young, with a shape-shifting alien life form that was masquerading as a dog. I just remember the feeling I got, watching the episode, when
    Geordi's back is turned and he's trying to figure out where this alien shifter is and the dog comes into the room and sits behind him, and the audience realizes that OMG IT'S THE DOG! GEORDI TURN AROUND THE ALIEN IS PRETENDING TO BE THE HARMLESS PUPPY! NO IT'S CHANGING SHAPE! TURN AROUND!!! XD
    This one doesn't creep me out very often, just every once in awhile if I'm alone in the house and one of the cats is following me, I see such intelligence in their eyes that I just feel like there's something else there.

6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Totes didn't mean to do that if anyone saw that reply

ANYWAY. One thing that is really disturbing is the smell of burning flesh. I have had several operations done on my back, a few I was actually awake for (they drugged me up a lot, so i didnt feel much), but to more or less keep the wound from bleeding they needed to cauterize it (burn it, more or less)

7. Arch Mana Knight

Definitely creepy. I wouldn't think to bring that up because it's just...one of those things that...yeah. Creepy.

Don't worry. It's not Slender Man you have to worry about. It's me. Don't look out your window. B)

XD That was a strange episode. I can imagine it really being a little scary for a kid.

Anyways. There are a lot of things that are gross that can classify as disturbing. Gore is one of them...but aside from the obvious (disgusting) things I guess if we take into consideration things that are scary rather than disturbing, silence is a huge one for me. The unknown so much scarier than having your fears come to reality. Your imagination is your own worst enemy. That's disturbing enough. Sadly, Hollywood does a terrible job at understanding that.

8. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

It's not exactly mirrors that creep me out, but the reflections. Especially when I'm not expecting there to be a reflection. For example, my bathroom has a mirror on the wall very near to the door, so when I walk in and open the door, I see the reflection of myself opening the door. That's about the time I flip out, because I think that there's and intruder in the house. Because of this I hate going to the bathroom at night, thanks mirror!

One thing that really creeps me out are masks. There's something about masks that just send shivers down my spine, because there's so lifeless and expressionless. I actually know why people can be creeped out by masks, and that's because it hides the person's face. So you have no idea if they are an attacker or not. Knowing that doesn't really help me, it just makes it worse to be honest.

Lastly, uh Metroid Fusion. Just the whole thing.

9. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

Darkness.

I'm not afraid of the dark but I start to feel uncomfortable after being in a dark place for a while. I'll be walking home late at night and feel fine, when suddenly I'll notice how dark it is and begin to worry for no reason T_T