Kingdom Hearts III What bosses do you hope to see?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by . : tale_wind, Aug 19, 2017.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Someone asked this on Reddit today, so I figured I'd bring the conversation here, too--and expand it a little. So, who do you hope to fight in KHIII, be they Disney (*including Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm), Square Enix, or Kingdom Hearts-specific characters?

My hopes:

Disney

• The Firebird (Fantasia 2000) - I've been hoping for this since Symphony of Sorcery was announced for DDD. KHIII's grander scale in both story and environments (just look at the Rock Titan fight!) would make it a great fit.
    • Madam Mim (The Sword in the Stone) - Merlin's homeworld is overdue an appearance, and with it, why not a crazy shapeshifting witch boss fight?
    • Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog) - Five words: Friends on the Other Side.
    • Darth Vader (Star Wars) - Secret boss? Secret boss.
    • Yzma and Kronk (The Emperor's New Groove) - I was trying to think of bosses I've never seen suggested and came up with this. A dual boss fight with these two could be pretty fun, with Yzma chucking vials and knives around from afar, with Kronk simultaneously charging in for the melee attacks.
    Square Enix
    • Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy) - How has he not already shown up? World-hopping, seeking powerful swords, c'mon, Nomura.
    • Sho Minamimoto (The World Ends With You) - I confess, I haven't played TWEWY. YET. But this guy has always seemed fun from what I know of the game, and I'm itching for more of Neku and co. after DDD.
    Kingdom Hearts
    • Aqua - We know Riku's going to be helping to round up the BbS trio, right? Consider: Aqua has had it beaten into her head by her master that darkness is unquestionably and inherently evil and dangerous. She saw her best friends fall to darkness, and learned that her master, too, fell to darkness. And now she's been trapped in the Realm of Darkness for over a decade. How do you think she'll react when a Keyblade wielder who openly uses darkness shows up looking for her? Yeah, I know, 0.2 may have thrown a wrench in my pet idea. But also consider that Aqua never got very close to Riku, that it's been two or three years since 0.2, and that I really like this idea. ...Even if it does depend on having Riku as a playable character.
    • Isa - It's been on the side of the story, but we have been building up SO MUCH to a Lea/Isa showdown. My evil take on the idea is that said showdown happens...in a cutscene. And when it looks like Lea finally breaks through to him...BAM, the Nortification process completes, and Isanort gets a second wind to KO Lea. THAT'S when we get to jump in as Sora/Riku/Kairi/whoever's playable here. Though personally I'm hoping for Kairi, since she and Lea are gonna be spending time together training, and I'm looking forward to seeing how that relationship plays out.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I'm only gonna list secret bosses I would like to see, cuz if I list regular bosses as well, it would sorta be a world wish list of sorts (which I don't think is the point of the discussion here). Anyway:
    • Darth Maul
    • Thanos
    • The Underminer
    • Gilgamesh (FFV specifically)
    • The Phantom Blot
    • A new and enigmatic KH character

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

All I want... and hear me out here... is a fight where you are Riku... fighting Sora.

Like, we haven't really gotten one? We usually have Sora fighting Riku, and the closest we got to a Riku fighting Sora fight was in Chain of Memories and... well it wasn't Sora.

I want a scenario where Sora does something just... stupid (for lack of a better word) and ends up in a situation where Riku needs to snap him out of it. Maybe with this whole plot of Sora "channeling the darkness" where Sora just goes too far. Maybe his separation from Ventus ends up with him at a weak point where he's easily manipulated.

Just, a chapter, where Riku gets to fight Sora and bring him back. I need to have the satisfaction of seeing Riku beat the daylights out of Sora for a change... even if it's unlikely.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

We did also have the Armored Ventus Nightmare as a sort of a Riku vs Sora fight, but yeah, that would be really rad!

5. Arch Mana Knight

Square
    • The Mana Beast - It'll never happen but considering it's from one of the greatest RPGs (and one of the first ARPGs) ever...well it'd be great seeing it around. Plus, Secret of Mana's 25th anniversary is coming up in 2018. So maybe it's not completely impossible to see something from Secret of Mana on consoles again.
    • Gilgamesh - For obvious reasons.
    • Nomura - If Final Fantasy XV can go crazy with its extra bosses then why not Kingdom Hearts?
    Disney

• Mickey, Donald, and Goofy - One trio against another. That'd be neat, right?
    • Powerline - 'Nuff said.

6. Krowley Moderator

One thing I really love about Kingdom Hearts games is that each new release improves the scope of the player. Therefore I'd love to see new bosses feature impressive abilities as well as show how collosal they can be compared to the player.

Disney

The Titans from Olympus Colisuem - All of them... At Once.
    The Headless Horseman - Maybe if Sora or someone is on a keyblade glider, they can be racing alongside their enemy.
    The Shadow Blot - Just for the interesting battle and possibility of bringing Oswald the rabbit into the franchise
    Dr. Facillier - I mean come on, he's called the SHADOW MAN.
    Cruella De Vil - Put her in a car. Done. It'd be like one of those annoying cars from Timeless River, but worse
    Yzma - I love the idea of her throwing potions at you and turning you into different things
    The Black Cauldron - Just the Horned King summoning hordes against you would be neat.

Square

Gilgamesh - What item is better to have than the keyblade?
    Bahamut - I just want to see Donald and Goofy fight this thing...
    Sho Minamimoto - I would like to see all the noise form attacks in 3D. It's possible since the TWEWY characters have appeared before.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

OH I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT

Foreteller data battles, anyone? Going up against ancient Keyblade masters would be SO GREAT.

8. SuperJedi224 Moogle Assistant

If done right, I think a Darth Vader fight would be awesome.

Also, I don't know if we're getting a Wonderland world again, but if we are then there needs to be a boss fight against the Jabberwock. Not necessarily the one from the movie, but definitely something resembling the thing from the poem (maybe even based on John Tenniel's original illustration).

9. Demyx is my spirit animal Moogle Assistant

I agree with the Jabberwock boss, didn't think of it till reading this thread. I also would really want to see a rematch of Anti-Saïx, and you need to play as Roxas, teamed up with Xion and/or Axel for it