What are your favorite kinds of Role-Plays?

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Boy Wonder, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Well to kick off this new section, I have a question for y'all!
    What are your favorite kinds of RPs? Any types in particular that you automatically start thinking about joining or that you check out instantly?

For example, my favorites are the ones that take an established show or comic/manga but make it about the minor characters or OCs.

2. Spike H E R O

I haven't RP'd in forever, and I think it's effecting my writing skills, so I've been trying to get back into it latelly. Anyhoo, me digressing...

I like RPs that require a lot of creativity when you're making your character because of course your character's background has to fit the setting, so a not-so-simple back-story is required. It's especially fun when you find ways to make your character's background tie in with the main events of the story.

Super-power RPs are just as fun for the same reason because when I make a character with Super Powers, that's when I get the creative juices flowing. I like elaborate powers that start off as one thing and evolve into something EPIC (i.e. a fire-breather with the ability to summon a dragon or something of that effect).

I basically just like to let my imagination run wild.

3. Jayn

I have a thing for original role plays. Ones that people make up from scratch. Following that, I like survival ones. Haha. It's fun to me, role playing in tense, emotional, high-strung situations.

4. Daxa~ #stalker

I love RP's bout magic,and superpowers and stuff.
    And also ones where theres a lot of detail involved,and everything turns into a mini story <3

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

it's mostly fantasy RPs that I enjoy the most, whether it be from a show or original.

6. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I enjoy fantasy rps the most, where anything can happen. I don't mind if it's original or from a show (as long as it's easy for people who haven't watched the show), though I do much prefer if it uses OCs as I don't have to worry about doing the character justice.

7. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Ah, I love horror RPs. There haven't been many incredibly stand-out oh wow ones on here yet, (Aside from Fatality), so I hope that comes in soon.
    If not, I enjoy realistic RPs at the beginning, that develop into some crazy fantasy.

8. Accalia Gummi Ship Junkie

My favorite types of rps are those that take the plot of the cannon series for example let's say in Inuyasha the plot of them finding the shikon shards was changed to something else. That's something I enjoy. I also enjoy anime rps that allow original characters in them. Another thing that I enjoy is rps that people make up off the top of their head.

9. program Twilight Town Denizen

Mine are the kind that are meant to be like a MMO, whereas you can pick a class,main attribute,tribe as such.

10. program Twilight Town Denizen

What Kind Of Genre is you favrorite for RPs

(This may be a fail, but for trying to make it a win is appreciated)
    What is your favorite Genre? Fantasy,Action,romance,sci-fi?
    Mine are Fantasy,Sci-fi,adventure. Gotta love it when you character meets a troll, scans it with a holographic scanner and then casts a spell to trap it into a card and re-use it later XD

11. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I like ones that are made from scratch but don't limit members and make abilities be a wide range without anyone being capable of god modding.
    I also like roleplays that could count as an alternative universe built from a point in the cannon of a series. Like a turning point of the series, but it went the other way. It's also pretty cool to see roleplays that expand upon established universes.

12. Arch Mana Knight

This. In all honesty it's just easier to get more into an RP with an established universe. There's always unsaid rules, history, and laws in original RPs that it would be nearly impossible to get all of that down without making an RP with a 30 or 40 page story with another 10 pages of additional description. I rather like all types of RPs except for the "Real Life" ones which I've only done three or four times. There's a reason why I love RPing...because it's not bounded by reality. Doing a real life RP still seems a little odd to me.

13. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

I'm pretty easy with RPs.
    I like lots of different types.
    Originals, Ones that are based on something, Ones with super powers, Ones that involve a lot of Character Development. Anything and Everything really.
    I just love RP'ing in general I guess. XD
    :P

I like most types of RPs genres, Fantasy, anime/manga, romance, adventure, thriller. etc, etc.
    I like the types of genres and settings that allow a lot of character growth and development to be honest.
    Like Jayn said... When your character cares deeply for someone, and someone cares deeply for your character, it makes the RP a lot of fun and... I dunno, it feels closer to you.

14. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I love fantasy RPs, they're the greatest in my opinion. I'll especially love the RP if it's original, I like to embrace the creativity of others as to inspire my own. Heehee. I also tend to like the RP if it has a twisted kind of feel to it, or it's kind of eerie and dark. It's just fun to play along with~
    I do also happen to like RPs that take place in real life with simple, everyday things happening.

15. Jayn

My favorite genre...That's really hard for me to figure out, for some reason. Haha. I guess I like romance. But I hate it when the RP is just centered on romance. I like romance to be highly encouraged, because I like it when my character cares about another one deeply. It's fun that way. More emotional.

But I like thriller types, too.

And adventure. Starting off in one place, and traveling to another, and doing this whole journey. I like it. xD

16. Namin3 Destiny Islands Resident

I like most types, but i really like romance, thrillers and fantasy rps. And dont forget animanga rps as well.

17. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    My common preference for RP genre has been fantasy. Nothing like creating a mage or a knight of sort and sending them off to battle the armies of the Dark Lord Whatshisname. However, lately, I've been finding myself on the look out for RPs with more of a science fiction basis. I'm mostly looking for something space age, or possibly cyberpunk right now, seeing as I've got character ideas for both of those sorts of RPs. I've also been interested in steampunk. I can't really do too much in the way of canon-based RPs since I'm way behind in my knowledge of most pre-existing canons.

18. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Crossovers are my favorite, and are probably the only ones I bother taking part in. Not a fan of original rps.

19. Doukuro Chaser

Fantasy RPs with OCs (original or otherwise) are the ones that always capture my fancy. I like being able to emotionally attach myself to my characters otherwise I end up losing interest most of the time. Actually pretty much every genre as long as it is not considered completely a Real Life RP.

20. SmashFan127 Traverse Town Homebody

Definitely crossovers with action. Crossovers tend to get my attention more than an RP of a single franchise. Why can't we have more of these types of crossovers?