The Walking Dead: The Game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Peace and War, Apr 25, 2012.

1. libregkd -

2. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    I played the first two episodes at a friends house, and I gotta say it was really rather fun, the amount of things that are taken note of during your play, and how much of it will come back to haunt you potentially, it's quite gripping, plus it makes for a whole lot of replayability.

Never watched the show or read the comics personally, but the game is still fun regardless.

3. aiight Traverse Town Homebody

this is just a point and click game right? is it worth a buy? like...what's so great about it? (jw, interested in it)

4. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

Just finished Episode 1 and I've got to say it was excellent. A game with such limited mobility and user input shouldn't be this much fun but it is!

Buying the season pass is definitely on my agenda now.

5. Arch Mana Knight

It's worth it. The story, the acting, and the choices you make are all great. If you want plenty of action though, look somewhere else because while you'll be doing some killing, it's not as action packed as any game out there but every encounter is pretty tense.

Anyways, Episode 3 came out yesterday and I just finished playing it twice.

There's nothing you can do to save Carly or Doug. Apparently Lee had a thing going for Carly. ;-;

In the end, it was a great episode. So much happened and it really goes to show you that you can't make any right choices.

6. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I've only finally played Episode 3 now.

Nothing could prepare you for that type of world. Unforgiving. IN the end, the survival of the fittest is truly not the one with the biggest muscles or the best plan, it's the ability to diplomaticly deal with those around you

I didn't feel for once that my choices were good ones, but I had to live with them.
    The episode was, aptly, train wreck for the player. I mean, seriously, each moment was just one bad thing to the next bad thing, with nothing to do but use your own personality and thoughts on how to deal with it.

I dodn't know how they'll top this.... actually I can only guess:
    Clem dies, seriously if that happens I will.... I will not forgive what this game has done to me.

7. jafar custom title

That episode hurt so muuuch.... It was emotionally straining. All the episodes have been, but they just dished it out in Ep. 3.

I feel like it's rather difficult to just make any sort of remotely good decision. Just because it feels right in the moment, people can act unpredictably sometimes, especially when decisions are so split second. The overall outcome isn't always at the fault of the player's decision, but of the reactions on the other characters,

Living with those decisions is a difficult thing to do, and this is just a video game. I think this game reveals so much about the difficulties of actually trying to survive an apocalypse, zombie or otherwise.

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Ah, but that's where the game reflects life and the reality of the situation. It may ultimately be that other's decisions are purely their's alone, but as a person, especially an empathetic one, you will question and put yourself as the one to blame for such actions. I felt like these people's lives were in my hands and all I could do was just try to give them the best of both worlds when possible, siding with different people at different times, picking who I trust to tell things, deciding whether i'll do them or not. That is why this game is incredible in terms of immersion.

We all kind of think, to some degree, that we can take on an apocalypse alright. But the reality is we wouldn't we might even be wiped out by it. In the end, it is us that decides what makes our species live or not.

9. Arch Mana Knight

Played through the lastest chunk twice already(and I still have one more playthrough to go) being a complete jerk to everyone and...

Damn. There's been talk of the possibility of a season two and now the only way to do this is with a new character or (somehow) continuing with the current characters which is way too unlikely. Lee's already going to turn. ;_;

This episode really hit hard. Harder than any other episode. It just gets worse and worse and the series has finally hit its climax. No choices you can make will turn things around for the better. At the end, depending on how well you've treated everyone and whether or not you want to have them do something, you can make it easier on yourself for the next episode or just take the hard road. Luckily, said "hard road" doesn't seem to offer any bonuses aside from the badass factor.

One more playthrough for me to go and even though I'll be playing more honestly...things won't be getting any better. There were ups and downs everywhere and just when everything looked great, we get the worst turn of events. Damn. That's all there is to say.

10. libregkd -

11. jafar custom title

12. Arch Mana Knight

Episode 5 is out.

I finished it in one sitting.

Just...damn...I'm going to replay it to see if I can change anything but...damn...this was so emotionally draining.

13. jafar custom title

Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea it was out. I'll probably play it tomorrow, since I have no responsibilities that day. I'm just really nervous for what lies ahead.

14. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

No spoilers please. :c I won't be able to play it until almost Christmas time.

But from the general vibe I'm getting... I suppose my predictions might be right. ;-;

15. jafar custom title

I just finished episode 5. It was powerful and haunting.

16. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Got it free a couple of days ago. It's good but not my cup of tea.

17. jafar custom title

THAT PLOT THOSE DECISIONS THEM FEELS

It's really not all that much about the game play, but rather the plot and your decisions. Well, I guess that is the gameplay. But it's powerful and well done.

Why don't you like it?

18. libregkd -