The Ultima Weapon...

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Chad Thundercucc, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Which method of unlocking the Ultima Weapon did you guys prefer, and which method would you guys want for KH3?

The material hunting of KH1 and KH2 or, the defeating of the optional bosses in KH3D and BBS?

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Uhhh... you know, I don't really have a preference. Both methods of obtaining the Ultima Weapon are good in their own way. I don't mind which one they end up using in KH3. Although, how about a combination of both, where after defeating an optional boss, you obtain a material to be used in synthesizing the Ultima Weapon.

3. Arch Mana Knight

Defeating optional bosses for the Ultima Weapon was a terrible idea. What's the point in having the best weapon in the game if you don't need it anymore? It's not like there's a NG+.

Synthing Ultima Weapon through grinding is the only good way to do it so far.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I liked earning it from secret bosses. It was both quicker and more challenging. Grinding for materials is a nice idea, but lord almighty does it take forever, and it can get really repetitive. Especially if you're unable to obtain any good items throughout the course of the game and have to revisit worlds where you're likely to find them. It does kinda defeat the purpose to have the strongest enemy drop it, but... eh. If you'd need 'em to beat the boss, you prolly need to hit the gym anyway.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I just don't want to have to eke and gamble my way through a ridiculously hard system sector for it

6. A Zebra Chaser

I prefer the synth grinding, because as said earlier... what's the point of getting Ultima Weapon if it involves beating the toughest opponent?
    Personally in KH3 I'd like an actual side quest devoted to it instead though, that would be a lot more interesting

7. Dredica SNES was the best.

That's the best idea I've heard so far ^. It'd be far more interesting to have a side story and the Ultima Weapon have significance to it in the Kingdom Hearts universe, rather than just a weapon.

I personally think it'd be awesome if the Ultima Weapon would almost be like a drive-form, where you could give up your party members or MP bar.

8. Antidote Façade

I would rather get it from defeating an optional boss. I really didn't like the material grinding in KHI (and the extras in Final Mix MY GOD)

Who's to say that if you get it from a certain boss that you won't fight other ultimate bosses after it?

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Synthesizing. You should work for your prizes. I don't like randomly obtaining it from a boss or battle arena. Doesn't feel right to me.

10. Lite The Future

I prefer the synthesis method. Like others have said, there's little point in having the weapon at all if you're required to defeat the strongest boss to get it. Yeah, grinding for the synthesis materials can be a pain but at least the Ultima Weapon has some actual use once you're finished.

11. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Definitely Synthesizing, it can be really challenging, but it's worth it in the end and makes you feel like you've accomplished something.

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'll do a quick rundown by game because I feel like it. In order...

Days) Aw hell no. Way way too long and hard to get and there is definitionally absolutely nothing left to do anymore. (Well it can be done without mission mode, but it won't be unless you are explicitly trying that and it is far from necessary anywhere in there).
    RE:Coded) A step down from the Days trap, but only slightly. It won't help you do anything new, but it will help you do anything you hadn't bothered to earlier.
    DDD) Again, a bit less ridiculous to get and a bit more likely to use it on something.
    CoM) Not strictly that difficult, but without a real postgame it is useless aside from being a trophy.
    1) It took longer than it should have, but depending on skill level it could still be worth it for some extra leverage on bosses.
    BBS) Conceptually I like it. Earning it from a secret boss with more significant ones to follow, but those bosses are so crazy in design it really doesn't help much.
    2) My personal favorite, though perhaps a bit too easy. They make you work for it (puzzling recipe, thorough exploration, a tournament) but still give you plenty of room left to use it. If the enemy placement and drops were tweaked to make the full material collection easier, and if one of the orichalcum+ was rewarded from a semi-significant boss battle (thus trading some annoyance difficulty with direct difficulty), then I would be hard pressed to think of any way I would rather have this done.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  13. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Beating bosses method? It's just a bit easier to do if you know how to fight against the boss, so I wish for it to be like KHII, but a bit harder since some materials can only be acquired by fighting in tournaments, or defeating bosses.

14. A Zebra Chaser

I think KH2 has the best synthesis one by the way, finding the items is a lot more manageable. I think KH needs to worry less about giving you the Ultima Weapon too early, KH1, Days, Re:Coded and DDD give it to you WAY too late to enjoy it. BBS is nice in that you have a lot of other things to do after beating that part of the Mirage Arena (at least in Final Mix)

Bu having just beaten Lightning Returns, I see something I'd like a lot more. Special late game trials that each individually unlock the highest level abilities in the game... and each challenge you beat breaks a seal on the Ultima Weapon.
    I really like that (each trial could be on a different world, too)

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I don't really know, I would rather be able to get the ultima weapon to fight all the bosses (then again, in KH2 I tend to just use Fenrir because I love it <3 but then you only get that after beating Sephiroth... which is a boss battle I would love to use Fenrir in). However, the grinding in KH1 FM is getting ridiculous, I have never got the Ultima weapon in the first game because I just got so bored of fighting Heartless to get all the materials, I still haven't unlocked the ability to even synthesise the weapon let alone get the materials for it. It is a nice idea but I would rather have it a bit easier, perhaps I am just a wuss and am lazy but I would just much rather work for it but not until it's dull and repetitive.

16. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I prefer synthesizing it. I like the synthesis in KHII more than the method in KHI. So if they do something like that it could work.
    Another way could be like what hatok suggested making a side quest story to get the ultima weapon. They could make it like the ultima weapon is with a remnant of Master Eraqus, and Sora and the others go adventuring to find it, then they fight his armor or something like that, and you get it after. They could even include a few hints about his past or master Xehanort's past with him.