The STRANGE: Origins

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Krowley, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Aiden rubbed his neck, glad Frida still wasn't strong enough to bruise him, as he looked over the pairings listed on the board. He couldn't find his name. Just as he was about to turn and ask where it was, Aiden did a double take. 'Of course. I'm number one.' He didn't know very much about his partner other than the fact that Lex wasn't an N class student like himself. With this obstacle course, it would be a good time to show off his own skill and rub it in Frida's smug little face. So long as Lex didn't get held down by the obstacles for too long.

It wasn't a competition but Aiden would treat it like one. He wanted the fastest time and just by looking at the list he only saw one name on the board who could possibly challenge him for first. Some kid named Wally. Aiden smirked as he rubbed his hands together, walking away from the board as he left to find his partner. It didn't seem like they were switching off at the halfway mark however which was what Aiden had been hoping for. He cursed under his breath. He was physically fit but he couldn't carry Lex the entire way through the course. Since the rendium was placed at the halfway point, he figured he could just start "pushing" Lex once they reached that part of the course since it had no effect on Aiden.

"Aiden, Lex, you go on in five."

Aiden patted Lex on the back once he approached him. "Start at a full sprint, okay? I'll...nudge you after we reach the 250 line." With an ability like his, it would be embarrassing if he came up in anything less than first but he could only go as fast as the slowest person. He just hoped that Lex would be able to run at least at an average pace. "We're getting that extra credit if it kills you." He joked as he scratched the back of his neck, looking at the course. It didn't look like it would be too difficult but several of the additions were completely new. 'The most challenging part of this course would probably be my partner though.' Aiden didn't bother to get into a starting position, he would let Lex stay out in front for the first half. It totally wasn't a messed up thing to do.

2. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]

The petite bluenette strutted over to the chalkboard, not amused by whatever their gym teacher was up to. She just wanted to get started. She snaked through the crowd of students until she was up by the board. Lifting her finger to guide her, she scrolled through the list bottom to top.

Team 5 Lance

Team 5 Frida

A small sigh of relief escapes her. Honestly, she was kind of terrified to get some kind of wimpy, pathetic partner she had to take care of - or worse, a non-power user. However, this name was rather familiar. There weren't many robotic students in her gym class after all - or at least, none that she bothered to know about. Really, T-classmen didn't exactly impress her. Other than their weaponry, they didn't exactly have powers. Most of them at least. They were kind of like the N-classes, except they had some techno-jazz somewhere in their system. Rip off their bionic arm, or strip them from their super suit or whatever and they're just pathetic non-power users. That was most of them but definitely not all. Such as this Lance person (well, person-ish). Unlike most of them, she's heard that this guy is pretty much a robot and that's all he is. Taking away his "suit" wasn't an option because his suit was him. It was all he had left. Now, that was cool. That was power.

She smirked. Of course, she was far better and stood much more a chance than her partner but she was glad she didn't get some wimp. This was it. This was her chance to redeem herself from yesterday. It was her time and Rendium wasn't even going to stop her. She figured that it would give her a challenge but it shouldn't be too awful. Since her powers were genetically enhanced/mutated, that meant her genes and cells and really her entire body, that meant she would be affected quite differently. It wouldn't just stop her powers but it would also weaken her, but Frida brushed that aside with a confident smile. She was strong, agile and kick-butt. Weakening her wouldn't stop her from completing the course at all!

Her eyebrows furrowed together suddenly. How would it affect her partner though? Lance the Robot-guy? Would he just stop functioning completely or what? Wow, that would be horrid. That would be no good. She pouted. Nope, no good at all. Maybe it was best to just ask.

She pushed aside (quite roughly) the students that were in her way as she searched for her partner. She found him soon enough, through the crowd of other freaky looking and normal looking students. She tiptoed and shoved his shoulder, thinking that just tapping it would be no good at all. "Hey!" she called from where she stood as she flattened the souls of her rubber shoes on the flat surface. Her rose colored eyes danced around his various features before she looked up at him and avoided beating around the bush, "How does Rendium affect you?"

3. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]
    '

Nix had to admit, he actually liked Coach Kreuger; he was the first to show that not all of the teachers were bad, and eventually that let Nix see the good in the other teachers. They were trapped in the same hell as the students, so it was some consolation to know that they were on the same page.

He quietly listened to the explanation of the obstacle course and immediately began planning how he would get through it. The unfortunate bit was that he had to work with a partner. Truth be told, Nix didn't work well with others who . . . didn't work well with others. The partnership usually ended in him trying to inadvertently kill them.

Eventually, they were directed to the list of their partners and Nix quickly scanned it for his. Team 11 . . . Anya. He shrugged; that was better than what he could have asked for, honestly. At least she was competent.

Everyone began to split up and Nix made his way over to Anya's side. "Anya." he said in acknowledgment with a nod, crossing his arms. It would be easy to simply fly over the course, because that was also completely viable, but since Anya couldn't fly, he decided that maybe he would actually try a part of it without using his wings. The only particularly troubling part would probably be the Rendium.

"What do you think?" he asked without stating what she actually thought about. She probably knew what he meant, anyway.

4. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]

Already, Anya's mind was at work. She examined the course as the S-Class (like her) Coach told them what to expect. Her mind already picking out the flaws in the course that she could exploit, and the difficulties she was gonna face. Her attention however was next divided to a list. ...Having to work with a partner. This wouldn't go well.
    Anya didn't work with others. She couldn't afford to be held back, and that's what most people would do. The end result for the times she had been partnered was usually that they had been taken out of commission a few minutes into the task. Usually by Anya herself. Frankly, nobody wanted to work with her now and she didn't want to work with them either. Regardless, she made her way over to the list to see who the useless sod was that she'd be working with.

Team 11 - Nix.

...Alright, Anya actually took it back. For once, luck had been decent to herself and her partner was frankly... one of the only people in the entire academy that she didn't mind. Nix was capable and at least understood not to get in her way, and vice versa. They had that mutual understanding as usual. Yes. This wasn't actually bad at all.

"Anya." The voice came from next to her.
    "Nix." She responded in kind with a nod of her own.
    There was a brief silence between the two for a second as they both contemplated the same thing. The course. Then... Nix was the first to break the silence.
    "What do you think?"
    "The start of the course won't be a problem for either of us. Anything that gets in our way I can cut through, or you can fly around/over. If anything stops one of us, which I don't see it doing, the other of us could easily aid and cover for any possible problems. The only problem part of the course will be the Rendium. I'm not one to admit I have weaknesses, because I generally don't, but I'm not one to lie either and my major flaw is how vulnerable I am to the damn stuff. You've seen how badly I'm affected by it. I'm pretty much bought to the verge of death. To a coma or hibernation like state if you prefer, if there is enough of it. It depends on how thick the layer of Rendium in the course is."
    Another pause came over her. ...This was probably the most she had spoken for weeks. She wasn't used to it. She looked Nix in the eyes, as odd as her own.
    "I won't deny it, Nix. I'll be pretty much useless once we hit that part of the course. In some cases a corpse. If I'm unlucky, while I like to think I'm invincible for the most part, I could really become a corpse if I don't get out of there fast enough."
    She stopped there, letting that thought take to the air for a second. To give him a moment to realize what she actually meant and how serious she was. Anya hated admitting weakness. She was designed to be perfect. But this was a major flaw. It was like denying who she was or what she was meant to be. But Anya had always been straight forward if brutal in her attitude. She was still proud of what she was. Whatever she was. And she felt that in the entire place, Nix was probably the one guy who wouldn't take advantage of what she was telling him or try to use it over her. That's why right now she was being honest when she could have just as easily stayed quiet or point blank refused to do the course. It's not like she cared about an extra 10% boost to her grade. But this was a different matter entirely. This was a matter of pride in one sense, and a matter of facing herself and the entire academy at that.
    "I'm still prepared to face it though. No matter what that may mean."
    She finished. She wasn't scared at all, not in the slightest. This was just yet another reality to overcome. She'd make herself survive. If she couldn't survive this, then she simply wasn't good enough. She'd simply failed what she was designed to be and in that case, didn't deserve to exist. There was no place in the world for someone who had failed their purpose. Who had no reason to exist anymore. That's why... Anya's main fight was for the right to exist.
    "What are your own thoughts?" Anya asked him. She expected he'd realize she was asking several things with her question. How he felt he'd cope with the course itself and the Rendium, and what he thought of what she just told him and whether he thought she'd still be a decent partner to him with such a handicap.

5. Krowley Moderator

[/url] "We're getting that extra credit if it kills you." He joked as he scratched the back of his neck, looking at the course. Lex raised his eyebrow in reply. Granted, he wasn't as quick, but he could keep up... Probably... If he tried... In all honestly he had no idea how fast he was realistically. Aiden was fast from what he;d seen in previous classes, and this would seem like cake to him. But to lex, it's just class. Extra credit was that extra mile he didn't want to go for because he was lazy. He was fine with admitting that to himself, but aiden was the energetic, competitive type, and Lex would rather not deal with that begrudged hatred he would receive if they failed.

He lined himself up at the starting gate, recalling the events of each stage from his viewpoint earlier.

Phase 1: The first 100 meters are just a straight forward track. Nothing but harmless running.
    Phase 2: The next 50 meters would have electrical fencing. They were basically dangerous hurdles to jump, but Coach got a kick out of watching kids stun themselves.
    Phase 3: Next 100 meters are AI obstacles. Manufactured opponents built to stall you. Equipped, they have metal discs fired at you from all sides. At least five pounds by the shape and school approved usage. 5 pounds doesn't sound like it would hurt, but fired at you at 60 miles an hour will definitely hurt.
    Phase 4: At the 250 meter mark, there is a rock wall to climb. 20 meters in height, and when you cilmb down the other side, the rendium filled part of the course begins...
    Phase 5: After climbing the rock wall, the next 150 meters are all traps. Designated switches on the floor that would eject you backwards, trap you in a dug pit, or just have you stuck in some sort of liquid trap.
    Phase 6: The final 100 meters of sprinting again, but this time, the track moved against you. Like a treadmill, the 100 meter track could move forward or backward on command. That doesn't sound like it would be a bad thing, but try walking on a plain that twerks back and forth. This was Kreuger's favorite part of the course, as he would get most of the students to flail and fall over. As far as Lex could tell, jumping could help in this area, but he was never sure. E-class never got this part of the course.

The automated system began it's countdown to the test's ignition.
    "The test will begin in 30 seconds. Students have exactly 5 minutes to clear the obstacle course. The first two hundred and fifty meters shall be Rendium free, but the second half you will be exposed. Remain alert and do not cease until the buzzer sounds or you have crossed the finish line.
    The test will begin in 10... 9... 8... 7.. 6... 5... 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. START."

Kreuger clapped his hands as Lex and Aiden left the starting gate.
    "Wooooo! come on kids, the computer gave you extra 2 minutes, so make me laugh!"

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

[​IMG]

As usual, getting to the class itself hadn't been a problem at all.
    That was one of the many "advantages" of being a gigantic, black-armoured machine. Powers or no powers, nobody particularly wanted to stand in the path of something that looked as though it could rip through a brick wall like paper. Of course, the concept of doing that was ridiculous, even by Lance's standards. Sure, the body he had was strong. Sure, if somebody attacked him, they would probably regret it. But the only people that thought he was anything like the Terminator or any of those other Hollywood cyborgs just watched too many movies.

As it happens, this day, some idiot decided he was that "nobody". Some tan-skinned jock-like guy with more muscles than common sense. Lance didn't really recognise him, but that was more out of him deeming the guy to be insignificant to him than not being able to place his fact. His buddies called him by some stupid nickname, "Sink Cleaner" or something. But Sink Cleaner learned pretty fast that punching Lance wasn't a smart thing to do. With his hand now throbbing something fierce, Lance had decided it wasn't worth reporting as an incident. Though honestly, very few things in this school ever were worth it.

Several minutes later, the class had begun, and the teams had been assigned. Lance studied the board and located his name on it pretty quickly. It wasn't that hard, since there were only three names that began with L; Lex, Luke, and himself.
    Having found his name under Team 5, he was slightly surprised to see whom his partner was. Frida, the girl whose powers revolved around electricity. This could either go horribly wrong... or horribly right. Lance knew her powers controlled electricity, but he wondered if she was able to alter existing electricity. And if she was... there was a plan.
    As fortune would have it, she approached him just then, with a casual "Hey!".
    Lance was thankful to find he didn't have to return a greeting, as Frida wasted no time in asking him about his abilities.
    "How does Rendium affect you?" she asked him almost immediately.
    This was a simple question to answer.
    "It doesn't." he said plainly to her, before giving her a better answer. "To put it simply; Rendium won't be the problem, but there are electrical disruptors along the course that will slow me down significantly."

Now was for the good part of what he wanted to speak to her about.
    "I won't be affected by Rendium. You will. You won't be affected by the disruptors. I will. But if you protect me with your powers, I might be able to do the same for you for that part of the course. If we pull it off correctly, it would be like there wasn't any obstacles at all."
    What he didn't mention was that he didn't have much control of how his systems adapted. He was hoping for something like an energy field or similar that would dampen the effects of Rendium on the girl, but chances are that was asking for too much. Nevertheless, whenever he'd needed something, he'd gotten something. It was unlike him to be optimistic, but for some reason, he almost seemed to care about completing the course this time, and with Frida and him working as a pair, he was almost certain he could.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    'Oh, god, no.'
    A look of utter disgust threw itself on Samuel's face as he looked at his partner. Really? Grouped with one of the rebels from the day before? AGAIN? He spent his entire academy career finding the right social niche to simply slide by until it was time to get out...and suddenly, he was grouped with this rebellious group of students that found it amusing to make to make an oh-too-obvious performance about breaking out. Grouped with them to the point that he gets manhandled by security guards and locked in the white room. Sure, he wasn't really a do-gooder himself, but at least he knew what lines not too cross! 'Come on, I just want to graduate, damn it!' He thought as he stared at the girl. 'Well...'least she's cute, though.'

Regardless of how he felt, Jaggerjack was ecstatic within his head. The girl's performance really blew the flame god's mind and he was excited to work with such a talent soul. So...Sam half-lied about his feelings on the matter, "I'm pretty damn excited, ya know?" Though the look on his face probably gave away his half-lie. "Name's Samuel, yeah. Glad ya liked it. Liked yours, too; music was great, dancing was sexy, all that jazz. But this big red kitty I got in me? He really dug it. Wants me to tell ya that it'll be the 'utmost pleasure to work with one so in tune with the arts,' and that ya should be revered or somethin', whatever that means." He shrugged at Jaggerjack's sentiment.

Like the other students, Samuel analyzed the obstacle course, though not as heavily as the others. This is where being A-Class made life easy. Today, Samuel would show that Advanced definitely meant Better. Five minutes? Psh. That's four more than he needs. "Not too hard, looks like," he started, breaking down the course. "Jaggerjack's self-proclaimed God of the Flames, ya see? And Gods are pretty strong. Hell, we could just fly straight to the second part. Probably fly over the shockin' fences, too. It's them freakin' bots I'm worried about. They probably won't do much damage to Jaggerjack, and I could simply blast 'em, but we gotta take care of ya," he said quickly, pointing to Alice in the end. "Rock wall? No reason we can't fly over that, too, but maybe we'll climb it, just for fun," he laughed. "For the end, Jaggerjack's out and Sammy's back in the game. Rendium makes me sick in the stomach, but I ain't no cripple like these other Classes. And I bet I can have Jaggerjack send give us a little boost down the road, drop us halfway down that last stretch or somethin'." Yeah, it was definitely time to make Sam's C in gym a B. "Wait...so what can ya do?"

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]
    [/url]Alice smiled as she listened to her new partner, he seemed quite nice and curteous, even if he didn't actually look quite as excited as he said he was. He was probably more than excited than she was anyway, she dreaded these lessons. However his words gave her hope, the flying had come as a complete surprise to her but there was no denying how useful that ability was going to be. The first half of the course looked like it was going to be easy for them, the the second half was another matter.

Either way, she grinned at Sam, "Well it's an utmost pleasure to work with him as well as you. I didn't know you could fly, that should be really useful but you needn't worry about the bots. We can just ignore them pretty much, unless you feel like blasting them for the hell of it." She laughed, and moved her hand up and straight through the wall they were standing next to. "I can walk through walls or obstacles or anything really. It's called phasing, I can pass through any solid object without them touching me. If I phase through electric things, they tend to blow up." That might have been a slight exaggeration, they only blew up sometimes, quite often they just short circuited and just stopped working in a completely unimpressive way. However, saying they blew up sounded much more impressive. "In other words, anything they throw at us will just go straight through us as if we were ghosts. We can go straight through the climbing wall too if you'd like. Only thing is I need physical contact to phase you as well, hope you don't have a problem holding hands. Oh, and can you still fly us over the fences, I'm not sure if I could phase through them and don't want to take the risk. I can turn invisible too but that's a bit irrelevant here."

She gazed at the course, the rendium bit still her major concern but hopefully this would make her useful in the first part of the course anyway and not make her a hindrance. She really didn't want to be the reason why somebody else who would have normally passed failed. She didn't like this lesson but she had to pass it, if only for Sam.

9. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Aiden let Lex run right ahead of him, taking his time as he leisurely strolled past the starting line without bothering to even jog. A rock wall blocked his view of the second half of the course but what he could see from the first half, as he studied it, nothing seemed too out of the ordinary. He decided he would wait for Lex to reach the wall before using his abilities to catch up and drag him to the end.

If the course was meant for solo runs rather than pairs, Aiden would have finished before Lex even reached the wall. Seeing as how that wasn't the case... "Don't go tripping over those fences!" He called out to his teammate. "And watch it for those bots!" Aiden added. He stopped not far from the starting point as he stretched his legs out. He knew he couldn't blame him but already Aiden felt that Lex was taking too long. He popped his neck and rolled his shoulders and, in an instant, he overtook Lex. Aiden crossed his arms and leaned against the rock wall. The discs that were meant to fire did not even register Aiden's passing leaving the "discobots" (as Aiden now thought of them) standing idly by to beat down on Lex when he arrived.

"Come on! There's some nice rendium with your name on it waiting here!" Aiden looked back at the rock wall. After a moment of thought he decided it wasn't a waste of effort to start climbing the rock wall without Lex. After all, there was nothing he could do to help him in this portion of the race. Aiden was fast but he couldn't chuck Lex over the fences or stop the metal discs with his bare hands and shoving Lex out of the way hardly seemed like a better option when Lex still had his own powers to use...for now. And look, Arch finally posted after five thousand years.

10. Krowley Moderator

[/url] Seeing Aiden granted Lex the lead didn't make him feel all that confident. He could already hear his remarks on "picking it up" and "showing some hustle." Things he was already trying to do. He wasn't used to having such a high heart rate, so running, though he wasn't very slow, was not his desired forte. But nevertheless, he just wanted to get it all over with.

When he first reached the wall, He crafted his hands into stone with his ability, to better create a stronger hold on the wall. This was overshadowed by Aiden casually leaping over and continue to run. Why bother even letting him go ahead then. Little-... He took in a deep breath and latched on to the wall, lifting up his body wait with his average arms, struggling to get as high up as he could. Over the walls, his partner was shouting warning and precautions to better "help him" along the course.

"Don't go tripping over those fences!"

Fences which he would have watched out for when he reached it. He knows he wanted to get the extra credit, but he can't even use a partner strategy in an exercise meant for pairs?
    Lex's stoneskin was increasing on the side of his arms. He had to calm down, which was ever more difficult since he was hating the wall he had to climb.

"And watch it for those bots!"

Shut up..
    Lex grew more irritated and his eyes grew a light hue of red. He needed to control himself. His breathing was growing more and more heavy, and his teeth were clenching far too hard. If Aiden said one more thing, he would go over the edge. He wouldn't lose control like this if not for the stress inducing environment of physical activity. He just needed Aiden to shut-

"Come on! There's some nice rendium with your name on it waiting here!"

His heartbeat grew louder and faster, as he closed his eyes to allow the stoneskin to manifest to cover his full human skin.
    His heartbeat came to a halt when he opened his light red eyes and conjured a fist. "SHUT UP!!" He punched the wall with his hand, shattering it into broken bits of cement.

Like a horse out of the gates, he ws charging through the obstacles like they were flies. And those that he couldn't, he ripped off and threw into the crowd of bystanders. He didn't want this. He hated this. Losing his mental control in exchange for enhanced strength made him look like a monster. He even roared and everything when he was demolishing the course. Ripping the mechanical installments like he was a lion tearing out a zebra. It's all just a savage blur to him...

In the stands, Kreuger stood up in alarm. Not exactly how he wanted the day to turn out. "Perfect..." And it was only the first round too. A personal worst. His main priority as a faculty member, was to make sure none of the flyng wreckage hit any of the kids. Revving up his legs, he ran at top speed and used his superhuman strength and speed to catch or deflect all the debris. From a regular speed viewpoint, it looked like there was an invisible wall, bouncing the machinery back.

One of the discs went by undetected and hit the slimy R-Class student. Well, it sort of got sucked into his jello-like skin and just sort of got stuck there. Everyone was quiet for a few seconds, seeing if the large mass would react to it, but instead,a student popped up from beside him and yelled. "STRANGE FIGHT!!!!" He elongated his rubber arm and stretched to throw it at another student from S-class.
    This is how the stress was really worked through.
    All some one had to do was pull the trigger.
    And with Kreuger occupied, anyone could get away with it...

11. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]

"It doesn't."

Her eyebrows perked up at what it--- he-- her partner said. She knew that Rendium didn't affect the N-class men - because they weren't worthy of powers and were left with some freedom, rather the lack of the ill-effects of the power-nullifying chemical, since they were already so pathetic or that the curse of Rendium was as repulsed by them as she was. But T-class men? Wow, with powers and Rendium free. She was honestly quite jealous.

"To put it simply; Rendium won't be the problem, but there are electrical disruptors along the course that will slow me down significantly."

How quickly she was impressed was exactly how quickly she was unimpressed by what Lance said next. Wow. Electrical Disruptors stopping him? She couldn't help but roll her eyes away from the machine in front of her, releasing a heavy sigh. That was pretty lame. It didn't help the impression of what a great partner this guy would have been initially. Well, of course, she took this in context with her own powers which was pretty in-line with his. She manipulated electricity for a living. She could probably control all the electrical equipment and currents within this gym. She could create a wall of electricity to fend off against unwanted individuals from the school as witnessed yesterday. She could electrocute the people who pissed her off. She could generate volts and amperes in mere seconds right from the palm of her hands. Hell, if she tried she could probably absorb electricity. Electrical Disruptors? Hah. Those were futile against her.

"I won't be affected by Rendium. You will. You won't be affected by the disruptors. I will. But if you protect me with your powers, I might be able to do the same for you for that part of the course. If we pull it off correctly, it would be like there wasn't any obstacles at all."

Rose-colored irises shifted back to Lance. Her expression remained unimpressed and almost bored with her glossed lips pressed together and her thin arms crossed over her chest. She stayed silent, giving what he just said a thought. Doing something about those disruptors would be a piece of cake without the Rendium, but since they were in the same area she'd have to think of another way. Perhaps she could shoot lightning bolts at the disruptors from the side of the first half? Sadly, that would be destroying the course - was that permitted? Hah, better question - did she care if it did or didn't? She needed other options. She glanced at the obstacles that were currently being tackled by the pathetic non-power user and the silent boy. She wanted to destroy everything - but that probably wasn't the best idea... Would it have been possible to power him up with enough electricity as they progressed through the first half that the electrical disruptors won't even be bothersome? Or maybe she could create this sort of force field that works with his body that would originally come from her but she would set the currents to allow him to control it and that would block the disruptors? Wait, what was that last theory even about... She turned her attention back at her partner. Wait a minute. How much power can this guy even handle? She eyed him from top to bottom, scrunching her lips together as she did. She then separates her top and bottom lips to speak, "Exactly how much electrical power can yo-"

Loud, chaotic noises overpowered her conversational tone.

'What the?!' Frida immediately turned to face the obstacle course, where the din had been coming from. It seemed like someone had beat her to destroying the field. She couldn't help but pout - she wanted to do that! But as she saw the troubled expression of their gym teacher, she knew she couldn't be any more happy. Sir Kreuger immediately disappeared, moving across the gym and blocking the debris that flew straight towards them with his inhuman strength and speed. As the petite teenager watched this happen, she pretty much knew what was going to happen next and just as she predicted it went from: shock, to teacher-protecting-responsibility, to a student getting hit, to a short silence, and finally, to an idiot screaming out the obvious. It was time for a STRANGE fight.

A smirk played at her lips, her eyes danced back to her robotic partner. Her tone was mocking, as if with a small sting of poison "It was nice meeting you, don't let those little elec-twi-cal dis-wup-ee-tors hurt you now." a small giggle followed, then she skipped away happily.

Immediately, she stopped by some taller teenager, tapping him on the shoulder. He had raven hair and the most beautiful ocean-like blue eyes. She barely recognized him, but knew he was from the N-class. Perfect. She simply smiled at him with a sinister, cheery expression when he turned then placed her palm forward - hovering only an inch over his chest. "Your kind is despicable." she says sweetly then delivers a strong, electrical push to the boy. He is swept off of his feet, landing on his back, screaming in pain because of the surges of electricity that still crawled all over his body.

She winks at him, sending a small salute then turns quickly on her heel to face the opposite direction. She grins as she sees all the possible victims running and fighting in front of her. The hands at her sides suddenly ball into fists that are decorated with electricity - as if forming gloves or gauntlets. It was time to let the others know that a little bit of a Rendium episode wouldn't stop someone like Frida Logan. She kicks off to a run, sending sparks flying (literally) and zapping anyone on her road of destruction.

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]
    [/url]Alice couldn't quite believe her eyes. They started out okay, Hunter shot over the first half of the course while Lex lagged behind a bit but was making progress. He seemed to be turning his body to stone? Either way he got onto the wall okay but then everything went a bit weird. Hunter was shouting things which seemed to be annoying his partner and as he did the stone appeared to be spreading across his body and almost enveloping him. Yet despite Lex's obvious discomfort, Hunter seemed unable to take a hint and shouted something again. It almost seemed to happen in slow motion and yet really fast at the same time. The E-Class boy just lost it. The stone took over his entire body and he appeared to go crazy, smashing up the wall with incredible strength. She lost sight of Hunter, if he had any sense he'd get onto the rendium bit and away from what had become of Lex.

Surprisingly, she'd been able to just watch that all as none of the debris was getting through to them, something was stopping them all, an invisible barrier? No, it was Kregeur. Huh, maybe he wasn't so bad after all, he was protecting them. Maybe he liked being the only person allowed to hurt the students and torture them. Either way he seemed to be doing a good jo- Alice watched in horror as a decent sized chunk of debris went through the barrier and straight into whatshisname from her class, the goo guy. Everyone seemed to go silent, just for a moment, he was probably one of the students that would be okay after being him but nobody knew quite how he'd react to it. She didn't find out as before he had chance to react, everything just turned crazy. STRANGE fight.

She just stood there for a moment, this was all wrong, they should be fighting together to get out not fighting each other! That said it would make an awesome distraction to try and escape but she'd need help, she couldn't do it alone, well maybe she could get out but who knew what awaited her outside. However the ones that might help her appeared to be within the fight.

She just stood still watching the fight for a few seconds figuring this out but fortunately she'd instinctively registered the danger so when a spiked fist came flying at her out of nowhere, it simply went straight through her. Ghost looked up at the confused face of the owner of the fist with no urgency at all, the boy tried unsuccessfully to attack her again and again. He wasn't very bright, was he? She sighed. "Didn't anyone ever tell you not to pick on little girls? Go fight someone your own size." She spoke quietly and as she did she raised her hand, making it solid for a brief moment to grab the boys clothes. She had a little grin on her face as she phased them off him leaving him in his underwear. "You shouldn't of attacked me, now go play" She chucked the boys clothes into the fight. He glared at her before running off to try and retrieve them. Idiot.

She then started to walk casually through the fight as she wondered what to do about this fight, the guys with rendium would be there soon enough and punishments all round. Yay. She should probably try and get out of here before they make an appearance.

13. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]

Before Anya could even get a response from Nix, the automated system kicked in and the countdown for the first participates of the test started. Anya recognized the two who would be taking the test first. One of them was the arrogant N-class guy from before who always got under the skin of the blue haired spark-plug. The other was... who was he? ...She recognized him, but he didn't particularly stand out that much either. Oh well. She'd figure it out later if at all.

For now she just watched as the two made their way through the course. Needless to say, the ramblings and attitude of the N-class guy was definitely annoying. Even she could hear it from the sidelines. How could the other guy even stand it? Anya would have already punched the N-class in the face by now and left him alone on the course.
    Her thoughts had gotten ahead of the action though and pretty soon, a more dramatic enactment of what she had been thinking about was happening before her eyes. The other participant seemed to lose control of himself, develop a skin of stone and lay waste to the course they were being tested on.

So much for the test. She thought to herself, not that she particularly cared about taking part anyway. This would certainly be a lot easier. Besides... if this kept up... They'd have a lot more to deal with than just bad grades.
    Debris from the course started flying out towards them. Anya didn't flinch as a chunk headed towards her and Nix, only to be deflected by the Coach like some invisible wall had erupted in front of them.
    One student however wasn't as fortunate, albeit, he was fortunate enough to be made of jelly-like goo and the disc flying towards him simply got stuck in his skin.

And if that wasn't enough...

"STRANGE FIGHT!!!!"

Things got even more chaotic.
    Anya sighed. As much of the rough type as she was, she tended not to get involved in such displays of stupidity. Sure, for a lot of the students it was a way to work out the stress from the insignificant and pathetic lives they all lead at this academy, but Anya personally preferred more destructive and... refined methods that she could pull off by herself than an all out war between multiple students of a class.
    No. She wouldn't involve herself in this.
    However... Her eyes turned back to the student on the course who was now clad in stone skin. She watched him, examined him as he went on his warpath, completely out of control.
    She didn't understand what was driving him, it was like something else had taken over him. Still, it was none of her business. It was something she should keep out of too.

...If it kept up though. If he wasn't stopped, what would happen to him? What would the school do to him?
    The Coach was currently too busy to do anything himself, and the rest of the students were caught up in the fight. Anya stayed still and silent for a few moments more before finally making a move. She glanced at Nix beside her before she stepped forwards.
    Why was she doing this? It's not like she cared, right? She didn't even know this student. She should just leave him to face the consequences, right?

It would be a shame. That's what she told herself.
    What would be a shame though? ...Was it just that this guy was so destructive that he could cause the school even more trouble in the future?

She stepped through the carnage and past where the Coach was running back and forth at great speed, too busy deflecting the dangerous objects from the other students to stop their fight or her passing of him.
    She quietly walked towards the course one step at a time. As a chunk of the course's machinery came towards her, she swiped her hand outwards, it morphing into a large claw instantly like the one she had attacked herself with the day before, and cut through the projectile with ease, her walk continuing unimpeded.

With her other hand, she morphed it into a whip-like form, flung her arm back, then forth and extended the whip forwards before bringing it around her stone-target in a vice like grip. She put enough strength in her arm to try and restrain him, but not enough that it might risk breaking through his stone protection and hurt him, not that she'd hesitate to use more force if she had to.

"I suggest you stop now. Calm yourself, and think clear. I can tell just by looking at you... You don't want to be the monster you're acting like." She told him with a calm voice as she approached closer, keeping her tight grip around him with her whip-arm.

Perhaps her words were the real truth to why she was doing this. This student before her... he was no monster. He didn't want to be a monster. He didn't want 'this'. Everything that was happening was out of his control right now.
    That was something she could see clearly just by looking at him.
    Could anyone else?

14. Krowley Moderator

Lex[/url] dashed forward with a powerful rage in his eyes. He was without reasoning or consciousness, but knew what went on around him. From left to right, there was cascade of improved humans lashing out almost playfully at each other. The red in his eyes made everything look like an infrared scope and everyone was a viable target. One of the girls from "S" class malformed her arm into a metalloid whip and was enough of a stand-out to attract the corner of Lex's eyes. He turned his attention to her in time to see the whipped appendage strike towards him. He saw her mouth move as she wrapped the arm around him, but his plagued mind only heard muffling. His demonic personna would not stop to listen and thus took a new stance. He spread his legs, and pulled on the girl's arm, twisting his body until he took her body with him. He was now beginning to spin and was taking Anya along for a ride, spinning her around like a yo-yo on a string. The acceleration increased, slowly weakening her grip until she went flying far onto the other side of the stadium.

He breathed heavily and scouted out the crowd. No one stood out as much as the coach, and as much as he tried to resist, another side of his mind would not let him take back control. He was submitted and might as well have been tied to a chair. His body was like a puppet to some manifested hatred and all he could do was watch through red eyes. Kreuger could only contain to much of it, and Lex wasn't in control. God how he needed to be...

Growling, he charged towards the teacher and leapt a few feet into the air before dropping down like a wild beast directly behind him. In the midst of the coach's duties, he only turned around to find Lex about to lash his stone claws out him.
    "RAAAAHHHHHH!!!" he charged back his open hand and sprang it forward in a carving motion. A white light flashed and everything went blank.

Sometime in the future...

Lex awoke with a start.
    His breathing heavy and his face full of sweat, he pulled back his sleeves to find he was no longer in stoneskin. He was sitting while he slept against the icy cave's wall, hanging his head back on a soft mound of brown fur. He shut his eyes and took in a gulp, knowing it was just a recollection. But past event or not, he couldn't lose control that easily again. Opening his eyes, he peered around the room to the others, still sleeping around the large fire in the middle. It was their first night out of the school, but the uncertainty of the future made it feel longer. The wolves were still keeping guard at the entrance, and the wild man was resting amongst his pack. If not for him, they would have been retrieved from their escape.

To think, that memory was only a few days ago. And it was the third time he had met all of them...

Day 3: Later on...

"This is the third offense during exams Kreuger... Most unlikely, even by this institute's odds." This meeting was taking place a few hours after the brawl in the middle of the exam week. Mr. Blood was meeting with the athletic's instructor on the chaos that went on during his class.
    "Hey, what do you want me to do? Kids will be kids, right? They were just letting off some much needed steam." The teachers were notably the only ones defending the students on their behalf.
    "Steam?" Blood repeated. "Well I hope they've boiled out their issues, because this is no longer amusing!" Blood slammed the student file he was reading.
    "The first day was understandable. Curiosity is nothing if not common. The second, I was lenient towards due to the low number of first time offenders... But your entire class started a riot and destroyed nearly half the stadium. You let your entire class get out of hand and now I am left with their deciding punishment." He closed his eyes and reset his mind. "What am I to do with them now? They've all been sent to their rooms due to lack of space in the white room and exporting them all could attract unwanted attention."
    "Look, you want to pin the blame on some one, try the statue kid. He went nuts and started the whole thing. Heck, if I didn't blindsided him when I did, he would have clawed my moneymaker of a face. Why isn't he getting the boot?"
    Blood opened his eyes and looked to Kreuger.
    "Have you read his file?"
    He scratched the back of his head. "You know, I would but there's your little policy on counselor confidentiality so I just haven't found the time."
    Blood's eyes thinned. "Certain students are placed on a watch list for reasons you won't concern yourself with. Now if you'll excuse me, I have many stressful forms to fill out."
    Kreuger straightened his cap and nodded.
    "And Kreuger. Don't take me leniency as a sign to slack off. Tell the rest of the faculty that the next student to be sent to my office will not only be exported... but will take homage to the same facility a Mr. Daniels."
    Daniels had still not been seen, and anyone Blood sent out was never heard from again. Kreuger gave a small scowl and left the office, leaving small dents in the office's doorknob.

End of Day 3

15. Krowley Moderator

Lex's[/url] eyes opened softly to the new day. Yesterday felt like such a rushed blur to him, that he didn't even think it happened. If not for his throbbing headache, he would have told himself that in fact, was a dream. The last he recalled was the coach, countering his violent offenses, but after that, nothing. He couldn't even recall if he was brought back to his room, or put into the detainment hall.

It was all still fuzzy, but he knew he had to deal with it eventually. His own conscience was like a nagging voice in the back of his head, telling him to deal with the consequences laid out in front of him. But everything was still so puzzling to him. Did anyone get punished? Is he being sent away today? He turned to his clock to find that it was at almost half past. The announcements should have come on already. Or maybe they already past while he was asleep? He wouldn't label that possibility as out of the question. His head was like a broken television, continuously showing different images of a film. At one point he saw himself running, the next, fending off a dark girl with orange hair. It was a lot to wake up to.

As his mind was still amidst, the announcements had come on with the routine "Ding-Dong." Lex listened intently about any word on yesterday's events.

The microphone muffled a bit as Blood's voice came within earshot.
    "Good Morning students of Strange Academy for the Gifted. Today is Thursday, April 15th, 514." A long pause was placed after the date. "Have a good day," Blood finished as the static ended.

He sat upright in his bed with his hand over his forehead. His initial resource on school events was uninformative, meaning he would have to go to the next least liked resource; Idle gossip.

He would try and see if he could find out more from today's class; Science. From what his schedule told him, they met in room 105. A lot of doors in that department were off limit, which never helped easy any of their minds. Something told him he wouldn't do much learning today. Yesterday was still on his mind. But still, he rose from his sleep and tried to start the day off as he would any other; with hygiene.

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]
    [/url]Alice woke up early in the morning, the effects of the white room had fully worn off so she was much strong than yesterday and she'd a lot to think about. She sat on the bed cross legged, staring blank eyed at her wall, her mind lost in thought. Yesterday had been unbelievable, in fact this whole week was turning out to be something else. That was the first time she'd actually experienced a STRANGE fight, sure previous ones had happened and she'd got all the gossip she could but she'd never actually been at one. The gossip did not do it justice. It had just been insane, she'd not really done much fighting herself (embarrassing that boy didn't count) but she'd been fully in the heart of the action. Unfortunately that meant she'd probably be punished as much as everyone else who were actually fighting but that couldn't be helped. It had been a hell of an experience.

The consequences of the fight though, she knew were yet to come. They'd only been sent to their rooms after as there was simply too many people to punish but she was well aware that there would be consequences. They weren't going to ignore this. How bad they would be and what they were, would be discovered soon enough. She was not looking forward to it. She wondered if the boy who started it, Lex, the same boy who'd got in trouble on Monday, would be in class today. She knew sometimes when big trouble was caused, people vanished, got taken away or worse, and were never seen again. How many students would vanish after yesterday? Would she be one of them? An involuntary shiver when through her body. She didn't want to die. She was scared. Yet somehow she was determined, defiant, she didn't want to let them beat her. And in the strangest way, this just made her want to get out of here. The school hadn't felt quite so scary and prison like before, their controversial play seemed to be more accurate than she'd realised.

She listened to the morning's announcement silently and totally still. It said nothing of yesterday's events, they must be keeping any action quiet or leaving it unexpected. She silently rose from her bed and began to get ready. This meant they had Science today, apparently as normal, but given how the week was going 'normal' seemed very optimistic. Anything could happen.

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: Sorry I made you wait so long, Krowley! I'm still interested. If this is still going, consider me all in from here on out.
    [​IMG]
    Sam walked with purpose down the hallways as the previous day's events replayed in his head. It wasn't his first STRANGE fight, but not the most eventful, either. Granted, he hid behind the bleachers for most of it. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy STRANGE fights, quite the contrary, but with as much trouble as he's gotten in lately, he decided to let Jaggerjack stay 'inside,' and simply avoided jumping into the spotlight. However, something about the STRANGE fight caught his eye. Jaggerjack was curious as to why Lex suddenly became a person of interest to his host, but the fire god realized it soon enough...and agreed with Sam's plan of action.

The sand-skinned teen picked up his pace slightly, his expression stern, as he turned down the hall that he was looking for. His red eyes darted to a couple of other A-Classes that were walking in the opposite direction, slightly younger students that he somewhat knew. A simple nod of acknowledgement and a "Yo, what's happening?'' and he stayed his course. Finally, he reached the door that he was looking for. The Advanced student bit his tongue (literally), a habit of his eyes when thinking, and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a small piece of paper with a number scribbled on it and made sure the number matched the one on the door. Confirming that it did, Sam crumbled up the paper and threw it into his mouth, chewing it, but not swallowing it. Seeing as he finally arrived at his destination, Sam moved to the wall across from the door and leaned on it with his arms crossed, waiting for Lex to walk out as he continued to chew the paper.

18. Krowley Moderator

Science[/url] was one of his more favored subjects on the line that he enjoyed to toy and tinker with a blueprint until a solution was made. Whether it was the study of biology or activeness of chemistry, he liked the way the world worked according to science. A balanced order where things could be explained. Even the powers they had been granted could all relate to a scientific explanation. That is all but E-Class. The one field he didn't know much on was the field he had been placed in. He himself wasn't sure if it was a curse or a spell, but whatever that demonic state was, held little information to give him. He tried bringing it up to some of the other students in his field, but their abilities were outside the lines of curses and just had them featured as characters with magical properties. Learning and performing things like divination or levitation. He recalled one that was working on desperate attempts to turn items into animals.

But Lex was an enigma, even to himself. Some days in the science rooms, he would take bits of his DNA and study it under the microscope to see if any new variables showed up. No such luck. Without going into another state, he was shown as a normal, healthy, human male. Thankfully there was nothing like that in the exam. Just easy to read books and simple to calculate equations. It was because of that love of knowledge that he wanted to get to class early. Well, that and hopefully not running into the redhead from yesterday. He could never face his actions when confronted against him.

On his way out of his door, he came immediately across one of the students from his earlier classes. Something with an "S"... Shawn? Salem?
    If memory served correctly, he was in the Advanced Class. He never actually saw his powers in action from yesterday but he seemed pretty relaxed and laid back. Still the sudden appearance at his room was unsettling. Did he attack him while his mind was away? Or maybe that girl was his girlfriend. That was the last thing he needed. A pissed off boyfriend out for his head.

Upon closer inspection, the guy didn't seem to upset, so it was only after a few awkward seconds, did Lex manage to spurt out; "Hi..."

19. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Ugh..." Aiden opened his eyes slowly feeling as if he had just awoken from a nightmare. He blinked several times as he tried to gain some focus. He scratched the back of his head wondering what had just happened. Whatever dream he had must have overwritten his memories of the previous day but unfortunately he could not remember his dream either. He sat up in bed as he racked his mind for a few moments for answers.

Coming up with nothing he soon gave up and got out of bed. Aiden quickly got dressed and took notice that his name was the same as the username of the person typing this post. Funny coincidence. In any case, once he was ready he left his room only to realize he had no idea which class he had today. He turned around to head back into his room when he noticed something strange written on his hand.

105. Science.

He sighed. Science wasn't one of his favorite subjects. It wasn't hard but he always preferred getting things done with his hands rather than...well, that. Aiden shook his head and took his time getting to class finding that the halls were quickly growing empty. Figuring that he might end up being late, and he did not want to be chastised for it, he picked up his pace.

20. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]

It felt like waiting for an eternity before Blood's morning announcement resonated in the walls of her room. The petite girl with the candy colored hair woke up forced herself to wake up earlier than usual, not wanting to wake up groggily and let the time she spent in the White Room the day before affect her. She wanted to show the academy that even though the STRANGE fight was over, she was still on battle mode. Not literally, of course. She just felt the utter need to rebel after what the authorities of the school did yesterday - or rather, what they
    didn't.

It was like the calm before the storm. No one had really been punished after what occurred yesterday and even the morning announcement didn't mentioned it. The school wouldn't ignore a STRANGE fight so it only made sense that the worse was yet to come. An annoyed grunt escaped Frida before she rolled over in bed and hugged a fluffy pillow tightly. Still snuggled under the covers, her human state was pretty much caught between common two choices of a new day: 1) Not getting out of bed - as a sign of rebellion but at the same time fear of what was to come. 2) Get out of bed - to face fear straight on and attend class accordingly. The first seemed like the obvious choice only a moron would have taken and as tempting as it seemed, Frida knew she was not going to be that moron.

'Besides, if I show up in class that'll show everyone that the White Room can't stop me and that I'm not afraid.' It probably didn't make too much sense but it was enough to convince the little Logan. She leaped out of bed, got dressed, freshened up and grabbed her things before heading out of her room. The urge to rebel still lingered in her mind but she knew not to take action - at least not yet. Another thing that kept her walking down the halls toward the Science classroom was the probability that something was going to happen - something in relation to what she and a couple other students have been on for a while. Something about the school.

She turned a sharp corner and followed into the classroom after a familiar looking raven haired boy. Lex was his name, she couldn't really forget after what had been happening the past few days. Her eyes followed him as he approached a certain A-class student who sparked her interest during the talent show. His name was Sam. She looked over at them for a moment, before taking a seat not too far away. She decided not to go over to them - which was a good idea because her blonde friend walked into the room at that moment and she immediately waved at her direction.
    "Alice!" she called over. Morning conversations weren't really her thing but this particular morning seemed to hold lots of exceptions. She was itching to ask someone about what they thought of yesterday and opinions on what was to happen next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.