The Spellbook

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Jayn, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Now that's more like it >:D

Also

Quoted for posterity

2. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Dang, where was I. Spell shoulda been finished. I hope we didn't fuck up.

3. Jayn

You take a moment to think over your options.

YOU: Okay, okay ... Let's start the spell over with someone who doesn't mind being hurt. Nova, you seemed pretty okay with it earlier?

Nova looks a bit less enthusiastic and for a second you think he may back out. Instead, he shrugs in the end and scoots closer to the coffee table.

NOVA: Yeah, sure.

Mish seems displeased at having to perform the ritual again, but opens the Spellbook once more and clears her throat. Roxam takes the MLP ring off and slides it back down around the middle candle.

MISH: Take two!
    Wiggly, woggly, waggly goo,
    Spirit of Desire, I'm channeling you.
    Please grant me the power that I really need,
    And for this great power, I'll certainly bleed ...

Give me this power,
    if you find it fair,
    to manifest objects straight out of thin air.

Nova touches a corner of a new piece of paper to the flame of the center candle. This time, the burning of the stationary is followed by a drop of blood from Nova's finger. You look away as he pricks it, hovering right above the center candle and allowing the crimson drop it to douse the flame.

Almost instantly, all three candles blow out and the room is filled with darkness. You feel a bit nervous, but are comforted by the sounds of your guests shifting around and wondering what happened. At least you're not alone.

YOU: ... Uh. Okay, well ...

You stand, using your flashlight keychain to maneuver around the loveseat and find the lightswitch to the living room.

FEARLESS: Did it work? Try to manifest something, Nova!

[​IMG]
    []*PLEASE ENTER THE OBJECT YOU WOULD LIKE TO MANIFEST __[​IMG]

* Keep in mind that the spell is meant for manifesting ~ simple objects ~.

4. SynK Destiny Islands Resident

Manifest A Weapon Of Some Form

probably a knife or something

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Hmm. How about a spork?

6. Fearless A good and beautiful child

A doughnut.
    You must then give the doughnut to Fearless.

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Manifest a copy of Ducktales Remastered.

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

AT LAST...

THE TIME HAS COME

[​IMG]

[✓] MANIFEST: PHOENIX PICKLE

9. jafar custom title

a party platter of tacos. i'm pretty damn hungry.

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

A big red button. Who knows what'll happen if you press it.

11. Saxima [screams geometrically]

MY POST IS VOID. THIS IS CLEARLY THE ONLY ANSWER.

12. Jayn

[ NEW COMMAND AVAILABLE! USE THE MANIFEST COMMAND TO MANIFEST OBJECTS OUT OF THIN AIR! MUST HAVE NOVA, THE MLP RING AND THE SPELLBOOK PRESENT AS WELL AS AT LEAST THREE PLAYERS - YOU GUYS - WHO WANT TO MANIFEST SOMETHING.

SPELL TIME REMAINING - 1: 52 ]​

Heeding Fearless' request, Nova leans over the Spellbook, wondering if there are any directions or guides as to how to actually manifest things. When he finds nothing, he shrugs and holds his hands out in front of him, closing his eyes and taking a deep, steadying breath. You shake your head, thinking about how ridiculous this all is.

He looks like he's really concentrating. Suddenly the lights flicker and ...

CRASH!

You jump and squeak in surprise. A couple of others are much more vocal about their shock and you glare over at Saxima, the source of one scream [ and a following string of profanities ] and then at Janime, the second source.

PHOENIX: Ugh, what was that ... ?

PSYCHEDELIC: Holy ****, the table!

You whip around, locking your eyes on the coffee table and gaping. The table is cracked down the middle and broken in. The candles, coasters, magazines and discarded drinks that were once littered upon the piece of furniture are all fallen to the rug with the Spellbook lying closed in between the two halves of broken wood. Mish timidly reaches out to grab the book but flinches and retracts her hand.

MISH: Ow. It's hot!

Psychedelic and Nova move in closer, eyes wide. Roxam, TwilightBlader, Saxima and Phoenix stand on the outskirts of the living room, clearly in the process of retreating.

You take a deep breath, trying to rationalize and keep calm. But your TABLE!! It's not even YOUR table it's your PARENTS' ... How are you supposed to explain this? No, someone definitely owed you a new table.

You kneel down and reach out for the Spellbook, despite Mish's warning. It's hot, but seems to be cooling. Once you carefully pry it out of it's little broken-table-nest, you find something underneath it. A copy of Ducktales Remastered.

NOVA: ... It worked!

Your head is spinning and you feel nauseous. Are they pulling some kind of a prank on you? No ... It couldn't be that, too elaborate and everyone here was lazy [ excluding you of course ] ... You're about to bark some orders about cleaning up the mess that's been made and going home when the lights flicker again and the living room begins to tremble. A few of those standing topple over with the earthquake [?] and you cling to the loveseat behind you to keep yourself grounded.

A low, sinister laughter joins the rattling of your mother's china cabinet and the shifting of furniture as the Spellbook opens on it's own from it's place on your rug. You flinch, taking a clumsy step back as the old pages begin to turn, slowly at first, and then quickly in a blur.

The laughter ends abruptly and is replaced by a whispery, distorted voice.

???: NEVER LEAVE A SPELL UNFINISHED. IT'S INCONSIDERATE AND A WASTE OF MY TIME ... I REQUIRE THE BLOOD OF THE PREVIOUS VESSEL... I'LL BE TAKING THAT NOW, I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND.

The Spellbook glows and flips to a blank page where it stays open. This can't really be happening!

SAXIMA: Oh, crap, Roxam!

ROXAM: ... Noo! Aaaaah!!

You turn around to see TwilightBlader, Saxima, and Phoenix holding onto Roxam's arms. His body is levitating and he seems to be being tugged towards the Spellbook! You move closer to help, but it's too late! Oh noooo! Roxam is yanked away. He hits the ground and claws into the floorboards, trying desperately to find something to cling to. Despite your best efforts, he's dragged along the floor and right past you, further and further until he seems to be literally taken into the glowing Spellbook.

[​IMG]
    []Go after him!!
    []Run outside!!
    []Push Nova and Pyschedilic in!!
    []Cry!!
    []Close the book!!

13. SynK Destiny Islands Resident

[X]Push Nova and Pyschedilic in!!

14. jafar custom title

[x] close the book

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Life is like a hurricane here in Spellbook!

[x] Go After him!!

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

WE GOIN' HERO

[✓]Go after him!!

17. Fearless A good and beautiful child

five bucks he's dead but

[X]Go after him!!

18. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

[]Push Nova and Pyschedilic in!!

19. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

x]Push Nova and Pyschedilic in!!

20. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Oh, goddammit. Alright. Fuck it, let's be a hero.

]Go after him!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.