The Serpentine Road

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by cstar, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    OOC Thread

For over a thousand years, the Holy Tower of Lazophel kept its dominant space in the highest point of Tekal. Perhaps it became so common place, people did not look to it in the everyday, just assuming it was something as certain to be there as the sun in the daytime, and the four moons at night. The tower was not exactly gone, but the burnt outer sides were wrong. They did not belong in the grand scheme, and they were noticeable to the point where it was like a wound to some people. No answers had been given to anyone over just why the Tower was attacked. Only a few knew exactly what happened, the rest was shut to the world out of fear.

If one’s eyes followed the tower downward towards the city, Lazophel was a marvel on its own.
    The high streets just by the tower were surrounded by advertisements and news pieces, highlighted on a seemingly holographic screen. People were crowding around the news ones, as some of those in the high streets may only ever be able to watch TV when out on the town. Hoping to hear some form of news on the tower fire, or perhaps to hear news on the engagement of Giada Maragos and Lucien Seibel . Either way, the crowds were still there most of the day through, as the city never particularly shut down at night on the market side of things. The further down the path one would take, they could see the houses slowly turn from a high-tech style, slowly to simple houses and huts with not much special about them. Perhaps someone would have something out of place, or maybe a garden out front, but it was almost as if walking backwards through time.

As the houses changed into older forms, nature also began to creep its own way into design. It was very subtle in Lazophel, if one were to enter the outer regions, houses may have been made entirely out of trees or covered in vines, but not here. The most one would get is a garden roof or grass everywhere in the lower folds.

At the outer edges of Lazophel, an inn sat just at a cozy point across from a stable and just next to four travel supply shops. This well kempt and busy building was known to all who frequented as the
    Fall Inn. Nothing was particularly special about this inn, the owner: Vinnie Tarns might say otherwise. Perhaps mentioning several times how his bread bowls were the best in town, or that the mead was the cheapest for the quality. No one who went often was going to fight him on that because they were going to go no matter what.

Inside the inn, were many a man having their post-work drink, as
    it was around 7pm and while high market hours may run later, most laborers preferred closing before nightfall. And it was winter, nightfall came much sooner than one would prefer. The bar was full of patrons, and all the rooms were booked. It was the perfect setting for a rather discreet meeting to take place, as the volume was loud enough for eavesdroppers to not listen, and quiet enough for the details to be given.

The bell on the door of the Fall Inn rang as a young man, aged around 26, walked up to the front. There were customers waiting in line in front of him so he impatiently tapped his foot before choosing to look at a letter he had received. The letter did not detail exactly what the news was, but the seal of the
    Vegh was not faked. If someone managed to fake a high-clan inkan it would be highly unprecedented and extremely illegal. He looked for the only detail that was asked of him, or anyone who received the letter:

[​IMG]

The man walked up to the front, and the woman waved her hand and said, “I’m sorry sir, all our rooms are booked.” And the boy quickly hid the letter away and smiled, “I already have a room booked: the one with the paneled bookshelf." The woman nodded and said, “Well then, come along this way.”

The man was led upstairs to the rooms and brought to a larger room at the very end of a long hallway, the room was empty, but the bookshelf was there. The man looked confused but once the door was shut behind him, the woman walked up to the bookshelf and knocked on it gently, the bookshelf opened, clearly being an exit only door. A larger man, with darker skin and a long broadsword stood with his arms crossed and analyzed the person before saying,
    “Come this way.” And leading them inside. The bookshelf closed and the younger woman returned to her space at the entrance to the Fall Inn, waiting for others who came asking the same thing.

If one wishes to read lore, each time a page is updated with a new lore section, the symbol: will be placed next to the text that has received a lore section. The Lore Section is located within the OOC thread.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The bakery was closing for the day and Maristela was getting ready to head out for the night... or longer, she didn't particularly know. "Did you pack extra underwear?" A voice called to her from the other room, the living room to be exact. The bakery was just the front of building, meanwhile to the rear was the house that Maristela and her mother lived in. "Yes mom, I packed extra underwear and a change of clothes and a toothbrush. Don't worry I got it." Maristela insisted from the front of the store as she swung a backpack over her shoulder and adjusted her glasses. They had been over this same conversations three times that day, her mom always insisting that she didn't have to do this. Apparently her mother didn't understand when you are summoned by the high families, you don't just ignore that. While they were not really affiliated with a family themselves, it was still in the best interest to respond to them and respect the requests of them. "At least take some bread with you for a snack." Maristela's mother rushed into the front room holding a couple loaves of bread passing them over. "It is okay mom. I am fine. I love you and will see you soon." She insisted, turning to leave.

"Wait, one more thing." Maristela's mother grabbed her arm hastily. "I need to grab something." Her mother left the room and returned holding an object wrapped in cloth, and handed it to her daughter. "I hope to god that you don't have to use this, but please, just to be safe take this." She placed the object in Maristela's hand. Unwrapping it the slender, heavy object, Maristela found a dagger, worn and old. "It was your fathers, just to be safe. If anything happens to you Stella-" Her mom continued but Stella stopped her. "It will be fine mom. Love you. I have to go." Maristela insisted, shoving the dagger back in her backpack before running out the door, tripping on the slightly raised edge as she did.

The walk to the inn that she was supposed to meet at, was not far, and she had done the walk several times. Being one of the better bakeries in the area, they would often make bread for the inn, and on occasion she would deliver it after her shift in the kitchen. It was not often that she came this late however, and it was almost startling how busy it was. Stella had never been a huge fan of crowds, but she took a deep breath and pushed her way through. As she approached the counter, Stella opened the letter once more and checked it to make sure she knew what was supposed to say. Finally she got up to the desk and her confidence faltered.
    "I uh... need a room." She said hesitantly. When the woman told her there was none available, she replied, "well I... I already have a room booked. It was... uh the one with the paneled bookshelf?" Maristela responded nervously, hoping she got the answer at least close enough to pass as the response needed.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Echoing in the home of the local blacksmith was the consistent sound of metal clanking against metal , Reitan was currently in the workshop part of the residence working on what would likely be his last project for a while. Unlike his last one, there was no intention of taking this with him for his upcoming trip. This was all done as a way to simply help him think. Since the passing of his 'father' things had been quiet here for him as there was no one for him to talk to or discuss these things with. Fortunately he still had his craft which aided in his thinking process when it came to these things.

Time had passed and the metal clanking had finally ceased. Reitan got up from where he had been sitting and moved what he had been working on, a new sword, and hung it up with the other various sorts of weapons. Next he grabbed onto his lance, followed by the rest of his supplies that he was planning on bringing with him. Getting that all situated didn't take long, thus with his hands placed into his pocket, Reitan left for the supposed meeting place.

It didn't take him long before he had reached the inn that he was supposed to be meeting at. A fair amount of people stood between himself and the counter that he needed to approach and he doubted that they all were here for the same reason. Gradually he made his way up to the front desk, to which he said.
    "I'm in need of a room." After getting the expected response, Reitan siad before replying with. "I already have a room booked: the one with the paneled bookshelf." All while being unaware that he was stadning next to someone who had made the same request.

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

The woman at the front looked between the two, since it was one after another that these requests came in. There were people just behind them looking a little confused over the scenario and the woman decided to play along and winked, "Ah, I see what's going on. Okay you two, follow me this way." and she led them up the stairs and towards the room again. She opened the room and tried pushing the two to go into the room.

Once in the room with the bookshelf, the woman knocked on it gently and the bookcase opened. The darker skinned man was on the other side and looked at the two and the woman looked angry and whispered harshly,
    "Heng, I thought you said they would be spread out, not coming in at once. Don't you know how awkward this makes me look as a hostess. It doesn't help with security either."

"I'm the one who said we shouldn't have come here at all, Genowefa. So keep me out of that." Heng looked over at the two and motioned for them to follow him saying, "Quickly, in front of me." when they both were inside, the bookcase was shut. Since the hallway behind the bookshelf was straight, Heng just had to tell Reitan and Maristela to keep walking. Once at the end of the hallway, it opened into a larger pocket with a door. Heng opened the door at this point and led them inside.

The room looked pretty cozy, it was dressed as if someone lived here all year round. There was a fireplace, some very comfortable couches, a dining table that was covered in food, and there were a lot of bookshelves. The Vegh symbol was present inside the room, painted into a lot of the artwork. This was one of the Vegh safe houses. Most High Families had them in case a battle broke out or someone was in danger. Usually they were hidden in places that had intrinsic meanings to the family, it may have seemed odd to some that there was one randomly in the Fall Inn.

"Make yourselves comfortable." Heng almost commanded before shutting the door behind them to head back up the hallway.

In the room, the boy who'd gotten there earlier was there. He was silently praying to himself even after the other two were there. When he heard them get closer, he broke off the prayer and looked over at the two and said,
    "Hey there, I feel like I came a bit early since everyone seems to be pouring in now." he tilted his head and smiled, "My name's Masaccio. You can call me Kio though."

5. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

The journey would have been longer had it not been for relying on the kindness of a friend whose horse he had borrowed. He had his suspicions when he read the letter, believing that it was not impossible for it to have been marked with a fake inkan...although the possibility of such a thing was unlikely, given the circumstances and recent events he still had to be cautious. So he waited in the bar, bread crumbs scattered about his table and his mug only half empty with mead. Day had turned to night and still there had not been anyone else to show up.

Enok pulled his parchment out to look at the details of the letter sighing at his own carelessness when he saw the small bloodstain on the corner from an earlier incident. Dirt had also stained the parchment but that too had been part of his haste to hurry and arrive at the inn. He leaned back in his seat and would have considered turning in for the night to get an early morning's start when a girl walked in. Not a few moments later did a boy walk in after her neither of them looking particularly old enough to be here for the drinks. The girl retrieved a paper and spoke something inaudible to the woman at the front. He would have thought nothing of it but the woman had led to two away. Considering all the rooms had been booked it was unlikely that two people who, from what he could tell, did not know each other would just so happen to enter moments apart and have rooms ready.

The woman they had spoken to returned and given that there were no screams of terror or sounds of a fight breaking out his nerves were eased. It was no trap. He stood up, grabbing his gear, and headed over towards the woman as he stuffed the letter into his coat and recited the line that he had been instructed to say.
    "I have a room booked. The one with the paneled bookshelf." Enok said to the woman, a hint of curiosity in his voice as he spoke.

6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Glancing over Maristela noticed that a young man asked the same thing that she had, although he was a lot more inconspicuous about asking it. Either way it seemed to be good enough for the lady as she lead them both up a set of stairs and to a room. Glancing around the room it was surprisingly empty. There was indeed a paneled bookcase, in the room, but nothing seemed to special about it. That was until the lady knocked on the book case and it opened up. There was a man on the other side of it ushering them inside. This had to be one of the most awkward things that Maristela had done. She only thought it was in books that they had hidden rooms behind the bookcases.

Trying to not seem too amazed by everything, Stella forced herself forward. She walked through the long hall towards the a bit of an opening that lead towards a door. Opening the door was a room beyond. It looked rather cozy in there, and there was someone already in the room. Stella had stalled at the door for a moment taking everything in, that was until it slammed shut and Stella jumped a bit. She bit her lip nervously as she took a step in waving at the boy.
    "Hello, I am Mara-ah-ah-ah..... oof!" Maristela had gone to enter the room fully when she tripped on the rug and landed flat on her face, her backpack spilling out on the floor. Instantly her face was red as she shoved everything back in, hoping no one saw her underwear. When she got to her dagger, she hesitated before putting that away as well. Standing up, she tried to regain her composer, passing it off with an awkward laugh. "I'm Maristela, but most call me Stella." She introduced herself with a wave before noticing a small amount of blood on her elbow from rug burn. Her face turning bight red once more.

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

When the hostess had guided them to the requested room, that was when Reitan had noticed the other girl. He opted not to speak to her just yet while they were being following the woman. Once in the room that they actually requested, the woman started speaking with a man after getting his attention through knocking on said bookcase. It was odd, but there wasn't much time to dwell on that matter before they were made to follow the man this time and this trip lasted til they had arrived at another room. The last thing they were told before they were left to do so was 'Make yourself comfortable.'

Now besides himself and the girl there was another person who was here before them. The first introduction went about the way one would expect one too, the following one went the exact opposite of it. She'd barely gotten her name out before tripping over the rug and landing flat on her face. Stella, after that it would be easier to actually remember her name. The dagger she had brought along must've been more convenient to carry along compared to his lance, which was currently wrapped up and hanging over his shoulder.
    "Reitan, you can call me Reitan."

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

The woman at the front nodded at Enok before saying, "Very well. Come this way." and she led him up towards the room. She was grateful there had been a little bit of time between this one and the last two, but no one was noticing all the people heading towards the same room. That was good, since it made her job a lot easier. She led him to the room and ushered for him to come in first. She then closed the door and knocked on the bookshelf, as was the usual path, and the bookshelf opened up.

The man on the other end seemed to look at Enok for a little longer than he did the rest of them, before he waved him in and said,
    "Alright, this way." and led him down the hallway.
    ---

"It's nice to meet you two then." Kio replied with smile, he watched how Stella seemed to trip and fall and he saw how flustered she got and he turned a little more towards her and reached his hand out and a soft white light appeared and reached out, almost welcomingly towards her. She should have felt a very pleasant sensation where her rug burns were, and after a minute the light disappeared and her redness and irritation should have been gone and he said, "S-sorry, I should have asked. You just-just looked like you were trying to tough it out... eh.. hehe..." he scratched the back of his head and said, "I hope I didn't freak you out."

Right then, the man opened up the door to let Enok in and he said to the four in the room,
    "It will be soon, just wait a little longer." and he shut the door behind Enok. Masaccio looked over and asked to any of them, "So um... what do you guys do for a living? I work in the Zaphen Chapel as a healer."

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Uh.. woah... what?" Magic shouldn't have been anything new to her, after all she could see an manipulate dreams. That being said it still caught her off guard, the way the white light reached out to her and a warm sensation washed over her arm, taking the pain away. "Eh, it is okay. I was just startled is all." She said with a nervous laugh. She didn't know what else to say on the subject. Was she to share what her powers were? Was there a point to it? Perhaps, perhaps not, but with so many unknowns she chose not to say anything.

Awkwardly walking into the room, she took a seat and folded her hands in her lap, keeping her eyes down. She always felt weird just making herself at home in a place that was not her home. Not wanting to embarrass herself anymore she decided to keep her mouth shut, that was until Kio spoke up again asking about what they did.
    "Oh um... I do nothing special. I just help at my mothers bakery... well actually it was my fathers, but he died a long time ago and mom has been running the bakery ever since and I have been helping her ever since I was old enough to be of help." Stella rambled on not realizing he was talking so much, it was just a nervous habit of hers.

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Following the small incident involving Stella tripping, Reitan found himself a place to sit down and 'made himself comfortable'. He didn't have much to say during Kio's slight healing of Stella's rug burn. They had started to revealed just what their occupations were as another person had entered the room and after Stella had spoken, Reitan choose to speak up.
    "I just work as the local blacksmith, so most weapons are within my range of craft." He choose not to mention his 'fathers' passing and how he was basically the one running the whole operation. Kio had asked for their occupation and that was exactly what he told them.

11. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Enok silently followed the woman glancing momentarily at the man who had looked him over but did not speak a word. Just before the woman left Enok uttered a simple "thank you" as she walked away to leave him amongst unfamiliar company. The others paid him little mind as he stepped inside and continued their conversation which appeared to be nothing more than idle talk to familiarize themselves with each other. One worked at a chapel, another was a baker, and the other was a blacksmith. Hardly the battle-hardened patriots he had expected to find in such a gathering.

Taking a moment to set his story straight Enok spoke up after the blacksmith.
    "The name's Enok. I'm a trader. Lived most of my life on the road and I've picked up a few skills along the way. I can't be the only one who put my job on hold to seek out adventure, right? You all must have had your reasons for heeding the letter's call, correct?" He looked around the room as he tried to get a better feel of the people around him and make sense why such seemingly random professions would be called upon. The seal on the letter indicated some kind of urgency but the details were so vague it could have been a sign to hire them all for some noble's banquet for all he knew.

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Kio nodded at Enok's question and replied, "Yeah, something about the letter makes me feel like this is a direction in my life I need to take. It's like the Gods placed this path before me, and it just feels right." Kio went to go and stand up so he could look at everyone clearer, and his short height could really be seen when he stood there. He shifted his hair out of his face before he heard the door open. And the guard who had been outside the door opened the door and said, "Sit down all of you, either at the table or the couches." Kio ended up moving over towards the table, just by the fireplace, despite being closer to the couch. Mainly because there was food there, and it looked like good food. After everyone was sitting down at the table, the guard began, "I don't want any of you doing anything that will put ths person in danger, do you under-"

"Heng, are you being overly worried?" an old, frailer sounding voice broke out as a wrinkled hand landed on the tall man's shoulder. Behind him in the door way was an elderly woman with a smile on her face as she looked over at the group.

[​IMG]
    The older woman stepped forward and Heng shut the door with slightly annoyance at the older woman's non-concern for her own safety. She walked over with much youth to her step, despite the fact it was clear she was up in her older ages. She reached a chair that was right at the end of the table and before she sat down, she bowed to the group before saying, "Thank you for choosing to come here. I know you all must have busy lives and schedules, and being able to partake in this means quite a lot to me."

Heng walked over and moved the chair out so the older woman could sit down and she rolled her eyes and said,
    "Heng, you're being too polite. I can pull out my own seat and sit down. But thank you." she gave him a pat on the shoulder once more before sitting down in the chair and looking at them and saying, "It is nice to meet you, my name is Qing Vegh. I am one of the High Elders of the Vegh Family."

For the families, the High Elders were the parents, great-grandparents, aunts, and uncles of the Heads of the High Families. They tended to be the committee spoken to about changes in rules for the family, or if any major decisions were being made that affected the overall clan. Most High Elders were unknown, but this one was different.

Qing used to be the Head of the Vegh Family. She was seen for years standing there to do work, but her husband had passed when she was young and raising her four children and became a known figure that represented the idea of hard work and the bond of a family. She was removed from her position when her children were old enough to marry and take her place.

Qing folded her hands on her lap and said, "I know the letter covered the bare minimum of what you need to know. It was written and explained that you would be journeying to the Serpentside, and that the journey would not be an easy one. But we needed you, because right now, our families must stay here to take care of Lezaphel. But I expect you all have questions first, before I go into the details. Maybe those questions will take care of the details, two for one deals are great." Qing chuckled to herself for a moment, finding humor in her last comment, before immediately calming herself down once again to a professional demeanor, "But I would rather you all understand as much information as I am able to give you. There are some things I might not be able to answer, but I'm sure we won't run into that problem."

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It felt rude to stare, but Stella couldn't help but watch as yet another person was lead into the room, this one slightly older looking than the rest of them. It wasn't like he was old, old, just old enough to be out of date-able range without being old enough to be her father. This wasn't a bad thing however. Maristela didn't exactly understand what they would be doing, but whatever it was, it was for a high family. Maristela couldn't imagine what a few teens would be able to do on their own, so perhaps the older person was a good thing. Looking at him, she wondered what he was thinking after entering a room of teenagers. He couldn't just be thinking about his job, could he? Who cared if he put his job on hold or not, or why. When a high family summons you, you don't say no.

Though she was already sitting on a couch, when they were instructed to take a seat, Maristela got up and moved to the table where everyone else was. It made her feel less out of place if she at least did that compared to being the one off to the side just to sit in the comfortable seats. Selecting the chair beside Kio, Stella sat down at the table quietly. Her eyes moved around the room nervously as it started to feel everything was getting more serious. The threat, while making Stella uncomfortable, was understandable. It was the high families they were dealing with after all. Maristella didn't expect however for the person who entered after to be an older lady. Stella could tell she was quite beautiful in her younger years, and even now kept an air of sophisticated beauty to her.

With head down and eyes slightly averted, Stella listened to what the old lady had to say. It started as niceties that Sella wasn't sure she was supposed to respond to, then moved into the actual topic... Or would have if she had not distracted herself with a joke. Nodding her agreement, Stella hoped it was enough to move the conversation forward. She was getting slightly anxious just because she didn't know what was going on. She always hated that feeling of not knowing, and the anticipation waiting for an answer to come.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    So there was a trader, a blacksmith, a baker and a healer all grouped together in one room. From that aspect alone there wasn't much in terms of similarities between them. There wasn't much that Reitan could think to say in response to Enok's question for there wasn't much of a reason beyond there was little for him to do back home. He had no idea on where his birth parents were and his caretaker/'father' was dead so what exactly was there left for him to do? Beyond actually trying to find his birth parents of course.

They were joined by an elderly woman, before hand the were told to take seat either on the couch or by the table. Seeing as how he was already sitting down on the couch, Reitan didn't move from where he was sitting. She had provided them a quick rundown of the situation, at the end which he made a quick nod in understanding.

15. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Enok shifted in place where he stood wondering if he really should move given how protective this guard seemed of the person who was to enter the room. The trader rolled his eyes and sauntered over by the table to have a seat by the young girl who he had not caught the name of yet. Leaning back in his seat he folded his arms keeping his eyes straight towards the door until it opened and an elderly woman stepped inside the room. He recognized her immediately but said nothing as she introduced herself and gave some vague details about their coming journey. He hoped there would be a better plan than just "get there in one piece".

When Qing asked if they had any questions Enok looked around the room waiting to see if anyone had anything they wanted to say, hoping to let someone else go first. Better the attention go to them than him. A few seconds passed and, deciding that an awkward situation had to be avoided, he quickly came up with some of the more obvious questions that one would have to ask.
    "So this journey. What would we do when we get to our destination? Are we expected to carry some ancient artifact for you? Or are we merely there to pass along a message? Or to observe and bring back intelligence for your family?"

16. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Qing had been expecting more questions from the other two, but considering how heavy Enok seemed to go on the questions, she figured that would suffice. Qing smiled and said, "There is someone just outside of Lezaphel. Their name is Cori and they will be taking you all there. On their cart with you is a shipment of potatoes,, it seems weird but, if you've ever been to the Serpentside, you would know potatoes don't grow there, but they are an essential food source for the people there to make flour and dough. And since there's been some panic because of recent events, they need people to bring the food down there."

Qing reached into her pocket and pulled out a small piece of paper, it was sealed with wax and a stamp that roughly translated to 'my light' and she got up from her chair and walked over to Enok,
    "But since you asked, I need you to bring this letter to someone. You may recognize the name: their name is Gotthilf Novenun. They are a dear friend of mine." she held the letter out and said, "I want you to take care of it. Please make sure it is not opened before it gets to him." Qing stared at him for a long moment before saying, "You must be the tradesman, Enok Wendell, yes? Although you are not famous among the traders, I did hear about the tradesman who sought out adventure and was reliable. I wouldn't have sent for you if I didn't have good trust in you."

She kept the letter held out, but her hands were shaking a bit with age,
    "I need not know any information. We may be a family of scholars, but we do not need any of you to seek out information specifically. If information is given to you for us, please take it and give it to us. If you wish to record your adventures in a journal or log, please do so. But once the trip to the Serpentside is made, and the letter and potatoes are given, your mission is a success. The journey back will be easier than the journey there. Going down a hill is easier than coming up one. And you will of course all be compensated for your time and generosity."

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Maristela listened quietly to Enok asking his questions and the complete explanation by Qing. The mission itself seemed simple enough, however when you stopped to think about it, it didn't make much sense to Maristela. She was a baker, a clumsy one at that. They had a medic, a trader and a blacksmith, why would they need her? Patiently Maristela waited until the end of the conversation before she slowly raised her hand, hesitating before finally speaking up. "So if we are delivering potatoes and this message... why do you need someone like me? I mean I get hiring a trader or a medic to help with it. However what about me? I just bake bread and help my mom with the shop." She said slowly hunching herself over a little embarrassed about her question.

Looking around the table she blushed slightly in more embarrassed as she realized she didn't address Reitan with her question. She was sure there was a reason that he was there too but she didn't know what to say. To avoid having to look at anyone else she removed her glasses from her face and started cleaning them. She couldn't look at the others even if she wanted to now, she was practically blind without her glasses. Everyone's facial expressions were just blurs to her now, a perfect distraction to her embarrassment.

18. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Enok took the letter from Qing's hand as it began to tremble, beginning to feel somewhat uncomfortable for being around such a physically weak woman as she appeared to be ready to fall over at any moment. As the turned the letter over examining the seal, careful not to break it, he placed it away in his coat pocket where it was sure to be safe. He was surprised when the woman had said she had heard the name Enok Wendell and a small grin showed on his face knowing that she had placed her trust in him. He would make sure that he would surpass her expectations. "Thank you for your faith." He said, bowing his head respectfully to the noble woman.

The trader leaned back in his seat glancing over as the girl beside him seemed to be having some kind of fit over her embarrassment. Enok raised his eyebrow wondering if he had ever felt the same kind of doubt Maristela ever did. He shook his head. There always seemed to be bigger and badder problems around from him to worry about and with the threat of losing one's head if he didn't complete a job there just wasn't time to think about self-doubt. That kind of lifestyle did not leave much room for the amount of sleep his body always wanted to catch up on however. And eating on the go was not usually the best experience either. Perhaps this baker would make for an excellent cook. Maybe. Hopefully her cooking was better than anything served at this inn.

"Relax. None of us are soldiers here. I assume ordinary people like us are just perfect for this kind of journey." He spoke in an attempt to reassure the girl.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Among the first batch of questions that been asked Enok was the one to ask them for while Qing took care of answering, there wasn't much that Reitan could find to ask himself. Though he was able to come up with something to ask Stella had spoken up about her concerns on being here. Seeing as how he was a blacksmith, in theory he could fix armor and whatever weapons that they had when they got damaged or broken. Problem was that he didn't bring with him anything that he would need to actually make those repairs.

"Then there's me, what I'm able to actually do without my tools is limited." This was part of the reason that he had chosen to bring his lance, his proudest creation, with him. Despite not being a soldier like Enok had pointed out, but he had at least trained himself in self defense. That way he wouldn't be helpless in the event that he needed to defend himself. All that said, give him some tools and he'll be all set and good to go.

20. Aelin Best Waifu

~Locked~
    Due to inactivity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.