The Resilient

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Cadmus listened to the explanation that Kathi gave him. So the automagnetism didn't work. Hmmm they had attempted the obvious and switch out the part itself. "I take it you checked the wiring too?" He asked it was the next logical step to check as well, because that was the only way they could fully conclude that it would be software related. He thought for a moment if they lost the back-up disc then all the robots they had were at risk of becoming useless quicker than anticipated, however this particular one could still be fixed. Cadmus thought for a moment and he came to a possibly solution. "Okay, if we can't find the disc then there is another way we can make this unit work. Instead of letting the program control the switches to the electromagnet we could rewire it directly into the main power grid of the robot. That way as soon as it's turned on the magnet will power up, this will change operational procedure but it would still work, if you haven't yet check the wiring and connections first. I'm gonna tell Dan and Peeves to see if we can find that disc anyways, if we really lost it we got a big problem in the future, but we can just fix this particular unit, rewire it and just remove pieces of code that control the switches, but do make a backup of that particular bit of software." Cadmus said. "Also before you continue with your work take your break, I know I interupted it. Anything else I can do for you?"

2. Arch Mana Knight

Simon raised an eyebrow as Emma began to show signs of a smile forming on her lips as he was confused as to what he said to make her react this way this time when he was trying to be serious. She listened to him regardless but even so she would always take his father more seriously than him...though everyone took the infamous Commander Cartwright the Unkillable (or whatever nickname a subordinate came up with upon seeing the man in battle) more seriously than him. Simon sighed and shook his head. As long as she listened to him he couldn't complain. "Alright alright, though I don't know what's so wrong with ladders. Unless you found out about the crewman who was killed in the horrific ladder accident of 3519. I had just received my promotion to Lieutenant...and I, a lowly field medic, arrived to find carnage everywhere. It took weeks to clean it all. I spared you of the details to avoid scaring you off this entire deck."

He smirked as he brought the ladder over towards Emma, hoping some part of his tall tale would elicit some reaction from her. As the girl went up the ladder with no further improvisation on her part to retrieve his equipment he mulled over the expression he had seen on her face earlier while she had been speaking of resting. Their jobs were oftentimes stressful, as were most of the crew's, but being on call 24/7 could take its toll. Perhaps Emma needed something to brighten her day. Simon made a mental note to pick something up for her at their next stop.

Taking the container from Emma as she descended he opened it to check the integrity of the scanners and injectors inside. Satisfied that everything was up to spec he closed it.
    "Thanks for the assist, Em. I don't know if I could have ever braved that ladder like you did." Though to be fair, he had never been fond of heights...but at least even if Emma was not able to help the distance he needed to climb was completely negligible for him. "I suppose given your height, climbing ability had to have been an evolutionary trait." He teased, nudging Emma gently with the crate in his hands. Though the question did remain if she was really just that impatient to get to his box, if she was just trying to tease him by making him worry, ...or if she was secretly bad at ladders. Nah. She had to have been teasing. ...Or she was just that eager to get it done with and had not been willing to wait for a ladder. The more he thought about it the more it confused him. No matter how good he had gotten at predicting what she was feeling or what actions she might take, some of the things Emma did left him wondering.

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

As Simon told his tale about the 'Horrific Ladder Accident', Emma stared at him, eyes narrowing as she attempted to discern if he was being serious or just teasing her again. She wouldn't put it past him to make the who thing up just to elicit some reaction from her. Deaths on the ship were normally a big thing, especially when they occurred outside of battles and attacks and the year he mentioned wasn't so long ago that she wouldn't remember it. She recalled no deaths on the ship relating to ladders, did that mean he was just making it up? Though what he said did imply that it had been hushed up a little and maybe the true facts not released to everyone. Regardless even if it had happened there was no way that they would have not taken precautions to stop it happening again, maybe by changing the ladders or by plastering warning stickers and proper instructions everywhere. She could do with some clear instructions on how to put the ladder up correctly, it never seemed to work for her.

Three seconds. Just three seconds. That was how long it had taken Simon to put together that damn ladder that normally took her a good 15 minutes. How? He had made it look so easy and she'd have thought that if not for her own personal experience struggling to get it to do what she wanted. How? That was ridiculous. Maybe that ladder just disliked her, maybe it was out to get her. It made no sense that he could just come along and just do it like that. It would have been really embarrassing if she'd just tried to use the ladder and had struggled with it for 15 minutes. This was a much better outcome. Despite her disbelief, she went up the ladder without any hesitation and was back down in no time at all. She had no issue with heights and she was willing to trust Simon's ladder building skills. Plus he was always there for her to land on if it had collapsed.

Emma raised an eyebrow as Simon mentioned that he might not have been able to do it. She knew that he was not the keenest of heights but at the same time for him to reach this box, he would probably only have to go like two steps up the ladder and she was pretty sure that even he could have managed that. She smirked at his comment about her own height, "Well I do what I must", she responded while shrugging.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Several hours passed in which Dania was able to successfully set a course for them and finish several trade documents, one of which had to do with their next location. She managed to secure a trade agreement with a traders station not too far from where they currently were. Thankfully the trade agreement had not been too harsh. It was place set up so anyone could set up a shop and trade and numerous people came and went. This particular group didn't seem to care about race, just if it would make them money or not. While they didn't have much to spare on the Resilient, they had become efficient at scavenging and always had something to trade at least.

Upon docking Dania took the lead, heading in first by herself to settle the final details of the agreement and to show good faith with her heading aboard alone at first. The discussions took a good hour before Dania returned to the ship to make an announcement.
    "Today we have started a new trade agreement with the trade station Galanor, as a sign of good faith and a solid agreement we will be stocking up with all supplies needed while here instead of our normal routine of visiting several to find the best price. Please feel free to head aboard and take a look at what they have, what you might need for your stations. Send me a list of what you need with prices so I can assign budget accordingly. Please have your lists sent to my personal computer by 15:00 and no later. I Admiral Carrillo thank you for your cooperation in this." The speakers throughout the Resilient rang with Dania's voice as she made the announcement. It ended with a small click and the ship fell silent before members started organizing themselves to head aboard.

Instead of heading back onto the Galanor herself, Dania found herself heading towards the infirmary. She had promised to return after running off so quickly the day before. After being slightly injured in the unintentional battle the day before, Dania only stuck around long enough to get a bandage put around her arm in order to stop the bleeding. With the attack the ship was in more chaos than normal and had to make a hasty retreat. Dania was the one that had to set things back on course and figure out their next plan of action. Not wanting to leave her people to travel aimlessly for long, Dania got to work on setting a general direction before turning her attention to the work that she had set aside before that and figuring out trade agreements for them. It hadn't been so urgent until the attack. Not only did they need somewhere to go that was away from the planet they had previously parked on, but the planet had been allied with two of their previous trade partners, who promptly informed them that there was no trade deals between them anymore. With all that going on, Dania had not had time to worry about the wound on her arm. Now with it started being sorted and having a safe location to park for the afternoon, she had to uphold what she said before and return for a proper examination.

The sound of knuckles against metal made more of a ringing sound than a solid knock, but she supposed it would still get Simon's attention
    . "Lieutenant Commander Cartwright, may I enter?" She asked from the door. While her rank gave her the right to show up anywhere unannounced, she still liked to be polite about it. She waited for permission to enter before she did so, taking it upon herself to remove the bandage that covered her wound before taking a seat. She wasn't fond of coming here, never really liked people taking care of her like this, but it was important to stay in good health, it was up to her to lead humanity into a new light and the fresh start they needed.

5. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Jael still had all that paperwork to finish, especially in regards to the second half of the trade translations. However, despite that, Jael had to be off the ship. He really couldn't be on adventure for himself either, he had to be stationed in a spot near the group so he could be pulled over whenever they needed something translated. Basic words were known by both parties here, but every now and again an advanced sentence was needed and Jael had a job to do.

He basically stayed by the doors before they unleashed the horde, remembering to give people quick refreshers like
    "remember oshleti means trade while rashe means coin. We don't have that much coin, so remember to ask for oshleti and don't get us stuck in a situation where we need an insane amount of rashe." or Jael's personal favorite, "avoid saying the word 'good' in English around the aliens. It sounds very close to the word gooud which is a derogatory slang towards those with a darker green color, since some of them used to be laborers/slaves." and he hoped to the heavens that no one here was refusing to use basic trade-speak. Otherwise he'd have to pull out the good ol' language bible and hope no one dug themselves a hole before he got there.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The well timed announcement had provided a solution to the food problem that was slowly becoming more and more of an issue with each passing day. He took one last look at what they did have as to make a mental note on what to look for on top of anything else that actually was edible. The edible part was a bit tricky if you just assume by what they looked liked.

Making his way onto the Galanor, the first thing that Allec did was to look for the food and food related items. After walking around a bit, found some crates labeled as Truffula Fruit, two crates to be exact. It never did hurt to have some fruit around and there was likely something that he could make something with said fruit so it was just a matter of finding out what. Well that and finding a price that would be suitable for them

7. Arch Mana Knight

Even before the time Dania had made their announcement Simon already had a list of supplies that were required for the infirmary. Replacement parts for a few of the more advanced equipment, common medication a few members of the crew were taking, additional scanners, and a few other things necessary for more personal developments that went on in a generational ship such as Resilient. The news of docking at a new station was exciting despite his worries that someone would come back with an injury or allergic reaction of some kind. At least there were people under him who could do that kind of menial work while he was away. Besides, he was looking forward to keeping Emma out of more trouble seeing as how a pilot would have no supplies to stock up on. So, Simon sent the list and his estimates of the costs to the Admiral.

Unfortunately for Simon, when they docked(something he had only taken notice of when he was specifically told they had docked) he had still been busy rearranging stock for the new inventory to come in and as he did so he began to think of his last conversation with Emma. It was a shame that Emma did not believe his ladder story, with her placing it under the category of "unbelievable ghost story Simon made up"...though one detail he gave her did seem to cause her to stop. Before Simon could think more of it while getting ready to leave the infirmary there was a knock at the door. Then a voice. It belonged to the Admiral.
    "So she's finally coming in for that second checkup...alright. Better late than never." He handed the list to his assistant. "Tell Emma I'm sorry that I'll be late. I have something to tend to first." The man nodded and left the room as soon as it opened for the Admiral.

"Good to see you Admiral Carrillo. Have a seat." Simon motioned to one of the infirmary beds as he retrieved an anti-bacterial treatment for most common flesh wounds. A general way to keep infections from occurring. "I'm aware of your schedule but going about with an arm that had barely been patched up is...well do you know how many viruses and bacteria there are out there? A lot. Those aliens you were negotiating with? Who knows what kind of bugs they might have been carrying. Without proper inoculation you could have risked an infection despite my having kept your bleeding in check." Simon sighed aloud as he grabbed a medical scanner and began to probe. He rolled his eyes. "Hm." He scratched his chin and put the scanner down.

"Looks like we'll have to amputate. We're low on analgesics, aka painkillers, so you'll just have to bite down hard and soldier on through it." He gave Dania a painless injection of the anti-bacterial medication for her arm. "Well, that's what I might have said if I were a less competent doctor and if you had waited too long to return but this is why you should have let me finish treating you the first time around." Admiral or not, in one way Simon did outrank the rest of the crew. If Dania had been medically unfit for her duties he could relieve her of command until she was. Luckily, a minor injury on her arm did little to impair the woman's ability to lead. Simon took out another tool, a subdermal regenerator meant to stimulate the natural healing of torn flesh. It was only effective on smaller wounds as anything more serious required surgery but this would do for the time being. At least he had already done the majority of the work treating her on the first visit. "This will only take a few moments, hold still please. You might experience some discomfort and a slight burning sensation but it is normal."

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

It had actually been much earlier than Emma had expected when she'd been called to the helm and given the newly plotted route. She hadn't minded too much, she had nothing to do otherwise and the route she'd been given was actually quite straightforward. This new trade station wasn't too far away from their current location and there wasn't any major obstacles in their way. In fact in terms of space travel where at times they'd travelled for months without docking, being able to reach their destination in a matter of hours was quite amazing. She hadn't hesitated to get to work, becoming completely focused the moment she sat at the controls of the ship. The journey itself to the main space station had been without issue, she'd have been seriously unhappy with herself if this hadn't been the case considering it was a very easy job for her.

The interesting part came when they reached the space station. Docking for the first time on an unfamiliar alien station, with a complicated system like none she'd ever seen before? Now this was her idea of fun. It had taken a while to figure out where they were directing them to go, even with Jael's skills they had not given clear directions. Just being told to go to "docking station five", even when you understand it doesn't mean much if you don't know where "docking station five" is and the aliens on the station did not give good directions. After much confusion, "docking station five" was finally located. The landing itself, while not being not the easiest of landings, actually went surprisingly smoothly.

Emma had taken a short nap in the interim while Dania left the ship to do her thing and by the time the announcement chimed out across the ship, she was back to being fully awake. Unlike other people on the ship, she didn't actually have a lot to do while they were here, other than being responsible for them getting in and out of the station. She was a pilot, what supplies did she actually need? As long as everybody else did their job so the ship worked and they had enough food and stuff like that, she really didn't need anything. This effectively meant that she had plenty of free time to explore or do whatever. They basically spent their entire lives on the ship so she really should make use of the opportunity to have some brief time away from it.

One of Simon's assistants had approached her shortly after the announcement to tell her that he would be late. That was a shame but not the end of the world, no doubt they would meet up later. In the meantime Emma slowly meandered her way to the exit to the ship, she wasn't one of those who was desperate to be the first of the ship and she could do without being pushed around like a pinball. She could see all the crowd ahead with Jael shouting out language reminders but she was more than willing to let them exit before her. Anyway she needed to find someone she could tag along with for now.

9. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Cadmus spent some more time in the maintenance shop as he thought it a good idea to spend his time productively, in the midst of fixing a bulkhead that was malfunctioning he was recalled to the bridge as the admiral had given a course, so Cadmus handed the task of the bulkhead over to Peeves, who went on to fix the problem as Cadmus made sure the ship would get where it needed to go, as they got closer it turned out to be a space station and a fairly large one at that. Docking their vessel at the station went of without a hitch, after a little bit of confusion as to where they were actually supposed to land, the Admiral disembarked and Cadmus kept the engines on stand-by just in case, he wasn't gonna take the risk of being caught off-guard, especially not after yesterday.

When the Admiral was back on board she mentioned the whole compilation of a list for items they needed per department and Cadmus checked with the maintenance shop and anything he knew that needed to be repaired, he'd try and requisition some light battle plate to have repairs made to the hull damage fom yesterday and reinforce known weakpoints in the hell. He also definitely wanted get a spare main power coupling as the one that was currently installed was showing signs of wear and getting caught without a replacement could potentially be the deathblow to humanity. In addition to those more crucial items he listed smaller parts that in varying degrees were a priority. He compiled the list and sent it directly to the admiral and headed for the airlock where Jael gave him a little refresher when it came to language and Cadmus disembarked to check out the station to see what was on offer.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

The trade station was a large unit with many different halls and rooms with a variety of different stalls set up in each. Everywhere, however, seemed to loop back to one singular location. The location was a large room with a circular stage type area in the middle. It was empty for the time being, but aliens of all different types seemed to mill around it like they were expecting something to happen soon. There were no signs, nothing to indicate what everyone was waiting for, but those their seemed to already know what was coming.

Down on of the adjoining halls, a man who looked to be in his mid forties was dragged along by two tall reptilian like aliens. The aliens spoke among themselves on how much they might fetch for a one armed human, but they spoke in their own language instead of the common traders language. As the stage came into view the man started to tug against his restraints that bound his hand and his feet.
    "Slave! Stop! It is a futile attempt by a human to try and escape us." One snapped at him in the common tongue of the traders, the only one that he would be likely to understand. "What are you going to do? Kill me?" The man retorted in the same language. At this point it would almost be a blessing to die now instead of endure another sale. "You won't be so lucky." The alien retorted as he yanked the chains and whipped his tail around, causing the man to fall.

On his way down the man caught a sight that he never thought that he would see. Down the hall, in the direction that he had come from minutes earlier, humans stood, seeming to get ready to disperse. He had thought there was none of his kind left... or at least none free. He didn't actually know how the others that were captured off the ship he had once lived on fared. They had been captured and quickly all auctioned off to various people, only a few stayed together, but that was 21 years ago, it was possible that none were left, and he didn't hold onto hope that any survived.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "You sound like your father." Dania responded with an exasperated sigh as Simon started to lecture her about how long it took for her to come back for a check up. Yes she knew how many virus's were out there, and yes she knew how dangerous they could be. That was why she had gone to him the day before for a temporary patch instead of just bandaging her arm herself in her office. Like father, like son, she supposed. They both seemed a little too paranoid about her health. If she had thought it was serious then she would have done more earlier, but it wasn't, so she couldn't see the problem.

"While I appreciate the concern Lieutenant, what I do is not your call to make. I know you are competent, and if it was really that bad I am sure you wouldn't have let me leave yesterday. The fact of the matter is, it wasn't that bad in the end, and we needed some sort of direction. We couldn't vary well just sit idol in a sector where we had made a few enemies. The well being of my arm was no concern compared to the well being of this ship and the remainder of the human race." Dania tried to defend herself but didn't know if it mattered much.

When the comment of discomfort came up, Dania just sort of rolled her eyes. The slight burning was nothing compared to getting shot all together. While her hit was a graze on the arm, it still hurt at the time, a lot more than this hurt. She simply sat still keeping her mouth shut, not wanting to start another lecture. She didn't like getting after people for ranks and respect around the ranks. Discipline was important to survive, but she didn't think herself any higher than anyone else. That being said she didn't want to be lectured on her choices. She was the Admiral after all, her word should respected.

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Kathi was given the same list the rest of the maintenance shop was given for supplies, and she was fine with that. Being able to split up where people looked on the market was, for the most part, a decent strategy. Especially since some of these markets were pretty big and could take hours to sort through if it was just one group per department. But Kathi wasn't just interested in parts. Since most of the supplies for priority were fairly easy to obtain, Kathi had snuck herself some Everlasting knickknacks to see if she could get any cool alien stuff. Sure, people thought that some cultural stuff should be maintained, but she didn't really see the point in keeping dusty things forever. Maybe someone on another planet might collect it for art reasons.

As Kathi walked off the ship, taking Jael's refresher course with a nod, she eventually got to the central room, and she noticed the man that was standing there with the missing arm and Kathi just kind of stared for a long moment at this guy. She looked left and right towards the other market rooms before stepping up towards what was essentially the market stall for this room and saying in trade common,
    "Um, excuse me. But, what exactly is this room for?" she had a feeling it was slave trade, she was hoping it wasn't slave trade.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

The man behind the booth looked at Kathi with annoyed eyes. He rolled his eyes, mumbling under his breath before starting to speak in the common trade tongue. "Shut up and move out of the way girl. If you don't know what this is, you obviously aren't here for it, but I personally like to watch the slaves being dragged up, so if you don't mind buying what you need and scramming it starts in a few minutes." He told her, clearly annoyed at the human girl attempting to talk to him

14. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Kathi backed off when he spoke that way, knowing that if she showed disrespect it was probably going to be worse if she started something. Kathi backed off and looked at the man on stage before gently bringing her hand up to her ear and saying in English, "Um, command? I know we're supposed to be looking for supplies right now, but I just ran into a slave trade and there's a human on the block. Um, what do?"

She let go of the button and dropped her hand keeping the signal up for a response, but if no one gave her a response, she wasn't exactly going to let a human be sold. Not on her terms, but she wasn't going to try and start a war either.

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Having made a mental note of the amount of Truffula Fruit that they would need, Allec headed back towards the main area of the station. At the time the only thing on his mind was to continue looking for food like items for them to eat later on down the road, but this train of thought was derailed upon receiving a transmission in his ear. Allec recognized the voice as belonging to Kathi, one of the many people aboard the resilient that he spoke to on occasion.

What was said during the transmission had come as a surprise to him and elected a sigh.
    "Good grief." Then Allec moved his hand to his ear to give a response. "Hold on, I'm on my way. Where are you exactly?" Hearing about this situation left a bad taste in his mouth as he awaited from a response from either Kathi or someone else with an actual solution to this.

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Emma had barely made it off the ship when the call came over the comms, "So much for a nice new station to trade with" She muttered before replying on the comms. "Wait, don't act yet. Don't attract attention to yourself. As soon as we move we'll have the entire station after us and currently we're scattered all over the station with no supplies bought yet. We need to be ready. However personally, I'm all for a rescue mission. It's been a long time since we've seen any humans aside from us and slavery sucks anyway. Don't lose sight of the human." Emma glanced around, the call had come in not long after they had left the ship so the slavery part couldn't be too far away unless Kathi has basically sprinted to the other side of the ship. So where was it, she scanned the crowd carefully and her eyes quickly locked onto a young Latipha in chains being pulled along by some reptilian looking aliens. Taking a gamble they were going to that area and not back from it, she began to follow them.

"There may be lock down measures on this ship, which could prevent us from leaving. As soon as we make any sort of rescue attempt, we need to be off this station fast before they block us from leaving. Even better if we manage to secretly extract him without alerting the station. No gun fights in the middle of the station if we can manage that. Leave before they notice." She added on as she considered their best course of action. Her attitude was almost unrecognisable from her usual carefree inclination. This was mainly due to the fact she was in work mode, she wasn't a stranger to dangerous situations and despite being tempted to, she was aware recklessly charging in could kill them all.

She rounded a corner and stopped, moving to the side as to not block the corridor. Well, she'd found the slave section. She did not go in as she was aware that her red hair could stand out and she wasn't in a hurry to get noticed. She could not see Kathi from where she was standing but no doubt the girl was nearby as well as the target of their rescue. She stood by and waited for a response from the others. It was a bit of a shame that their time off the ship was going to be cut short, they barely ever got off the ship as it was but Emma didn't mind so much with this situation. Two different escapes in 2 days was something of a new record, which was exciting and a challenge. Plus a new human! That had got to be good news.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  17. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Having just finished the training session with the Resilient's security team they had returned to the armory to store their weapon when the communication came in from Ensign Rierson. The words "slave trader" and "human" caught his attention immediately. After having been so long without contact from others of their species bringing this human onto their ship took priority. With so few of them left it had to. He left his rifle in the armory but took a standard pistol along as it was far easier to conceal. The last thing they needed was to alert the station to any kind of "rescue mission" by bringing an armed security team in all at once.

"At your posts, all of you." He ordered the security. If things went south everyone needed to be ready for a conflict. As Garrett began to head towards the dock to exit the ship he gave an order to the ship's other pilot, a young ensign with considerably less experience than Emma, to take his seat at the helm to prepare the ship for her when she returned to her station. He also told the ensign to scan for vessels still expending large amounts of power. If there were slavers around it was reasonable to assume they still had "cargo" aboard their ship they needed to keep fresh for potential buyers by having more power than any normal ship diverted to life support systems. It was just a preemptive measure in case Dania chose to order a rescue mission on the other slaves as well. When that was settled he finally spoke up on the open channel.

"Admiral Carrillo, I am leaving the ship. The fewer of us there are on that station the fewer the lives there are at stake." Commander Cartwright had left the ship by the time he had finished his sentence and wasted no time giving orders to Emma. "Give me your location, Lieutenant Commander White. Let's let this play out and take back the human from whoever is the highest bidder when the opportunity to strike arises. It will be near impossible for us to stage a rescue during the auction without causing a firefight. All non-combat trained personnel will continue on their business, get supplies, and return to Resilient immediately."

18. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Listening to the quick reply she'd got, Emma rolled her eyes in slight annoyance. She wasn't the fondest of being called by her full title. It was far too long and it seemed a bit pompous to her. It wasn't uncommon for the ensigns to forget that she was actually quite high ranked on the ship but she really didn't mind that. It wasn't like she usually acted like you'd expect a high-ranking officer to and it was very seldom she pulled rank or gave orders. The only exception being sometimes when she was piloting and something needed doing or she came across a situation where it was absolutely required. She had actually succeeded in getting most people to just call her Emma and not bother with her title unless the situation really called for it. She'd even managed to get Garrett to call her Emma when they were both off-duty, hell he'd practically raised her so he really didn't need the formalities. Yet he was a stickler for the rules so in any situation where he was working seriously, out came the titles again.

However, she understood the situation they were in and not not hesitate to respond. "Understood. I am currently at one of the entrances to the slavers market though I have not entered yet and from my position I am currently unable to see Kathi or the human in question. This entrance I am located is left from the Resilient and through the third doorway on the right. At that point you should be able to see a large column with a thick red stripe around it, I am standing in a corner close to there. The slave market itself is in a large room that has multiple entrances/exits and a large circular stage in the centre. Would you like me to enter the room and locate the human slave?"

While she was not always Garrett's biggest fan, she liked this plan a whole lot more than charging in and turning everyone against them. If they were very careful they might even be able to do this without endangering the newly formed trade agreements that had just been formed. Honestly, she'd been surprised he hadn't just sent her straight back to the ship to prepare the ship so they could make a quick exit if need be. It wasn't unusual for her to act as a gettaway driver, ready with the ship on standby, ready to leave at a moment's notice. Though that seemed not to be the case yet, not that she was complaining.

19. Arch Mana Knight

He sounded like his father? Simon did his best to hide a smirk that was beginning to form on his face at the comparison as there were worse people to be compared to.
    "Well in any case, please try not to make it a habit. The last thing I need is for everyone to follow your example thinking they can walk out as soon as the bleeding stops." Simon sighed as he finished with the treatment and put the tool away. "There. All done. That wasn't so bad-" Kathi's voice came over the comm system and though her explanation was brief he could imagine what the situation was about to turn to in any second.

Like clockwork his father immediately responded after Emma and Allec, leaving Simon out of the picture. Of course, there was no point in dragged down the ship's medical officer but even if his place was there in the infirmary he still wanted to get his eyes on the situation.
    "I'll be on standby for casualties then." Simon spoke grimly hoping that his services would only be required to look after the former slave once he...or she was on their ship. Looking back at the admiral he stepped out of her way and motioned towards the infirmary's doors knowing she would want to be on the bridge or wherever she felt she needed to be. "I'll be here, Admiral." Worrying. As always.

Though he knew Emma took her job seriously, she did have a past of being reckless and it only added to his worries. At the very least he could find comfort in the fact that his father was going to be down there as well and if anything went wrong Simon was a damn good doctor. So far from what he could hear over the comm was that Emma had not rushed in blindly so that set him at ease if only by a bit. The last thing he wanted to do was perform a major surgery on another loved one again. "Just one thing to keep in mind." Simon finally spoke on the comm. "If this works bring our guest to the infirmary. The last thing we need is to find out too late that this human has a tracking device embedded in their body."

20. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    With the wound healing Dania started to relax a little... That was until she got a concerning transmission from one of the crew aboard the trade station. Slave trade was something she was aware of and planned to keep out of. It was not their business and they could not afford to be picky about things. That being said trading of another human, Dania wasn't willing to stand for that. Thankfully Simon had finished dealing with her arms so she could deal with the bigger situation. Considering that there was people on the trade ship and she wasn't Dania was not going to waste time making them wait for her.

"Commander Cartwright, I will leave this situation in your hands. I will be seeing what we can do for the situation, what resources we have to spare. Remember, though, first and foremost the safety of our crew comes first. I will be in contact from the ship. Keep me updated." Dania commanded then switched off her frequency. "Lieutenant Commander Cartwright. I trust that you will be ready for any possible outcome of this. Thank you for your good work. I will be in my office if you need anything." Dania tried to be at least somewhat supportive of her crew. She could see almost the disappointment of having to stay there, but it was an important place for him to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.