The Mortal Instruments

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

Ash thought for a moment, considering his options given Gaia's power. Just one favor was far too limiting given the opportunities which were available. If it were just one more... Stuck between what was available, he made his request.

[​IMG]

Although he obliged Luce's request to cover her mouth as she reached her hand outward, placing it on wood. Her face contorted as a pained expression was clearly struck on her but yet she continued to keep her hand right on the spot where it was obviously causing her agony. After a long drawn-out moment the wood vanished and Luce drew his swords out from a hidden storage space. He could not help but feel impressed through her effort to return his weapons to him. Despite her resolution, her movements were slow and her skin had grown just barely noticeably paler. Something--no, Titania was causing Luce to lose her strength. Cin had considered to give Luce one of his blades but given her current condition he felt he was better of holding onto his swords unless he deemed it absolutely necessary that Luce participate in a fight. And he was not interested in starting a skirmish.

"
    Going through the front entrance will only get us killed." He spoke as he strapped his swords on. Cin glanced at the vines at the exit of Titania's private room. It may have been the only way out of this room but there was more than one exit to the Court itself. There were several though only one was ever used by outsiders and most of the Fey. The fairy took a deep breath and examined the vines for some time, peering through the cracks and holes to see if there were any guards posted out front. So far, it looked to be clear though he knew that would not be the case once they wandered too far.

"
    Take my hand." Cin reached out for Luce. "If we stick to the shadows, I can extend my magic to cloak you so long as you stay close, stop when I stop, and remain in contact."

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

It was a relief that Rhett had chosen not to question him on his response. He'd chosen to take a seat on the nearby chair while Rhett told his story. It was interesting to say the least, especially the fact that it took a single name to get a vampire to work with a werewolf. Admittedly his knowledge on Vampire-Werewolf interactions was standard at best so it was completely possible that he was unaware of something. Hearing Rhett's question, Creed shook his head. "Not really, haven't really done anything that warrants a story."

[​IMG]

Sien thought about just what it was that he wanted to request from Gaia. The first thing that came to mind was very standard wishes/request. Wealth, fame, etc. None of which he had any real use for. Glancing down, he thought back to his bow and how he was barely able to use it in the trial against the werewolf. Seeing as how it was his primary weapon, not being able to use it both hurt him and could potentially hurt his allies. Keeping that in mind, Sien spoke his wish. "I would like to request a stronger bow and arrows, imbued with magical properties."

Valister had taken some time to consider what he should request. The task took quite a bit of thought in order for him to come up with something, but when he did, he spoke it to Gaia. (will be given privately because I still need to think of it)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  3. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Karl turned as he heard the door swing open. He watched as the tall man stepped aside and an older woman rolled in on her wheelchair. She was obviously the leader of their pack. It was an... Interesting choice. The She-Wolf was clearly one of wisdom for her pack to follow her with such devotion. He bowed his head respectively as she approached.
    "Aye, that is my name. I'm sorry to say that I do not know yours." He replied in an equally polite tone, giving the respect that another leader deserved. There was no reason to sow contempt amongst people. "Care to give yours? Have you business with me?"

[​IMG][​IMG]

Glynda tsked at Roxanne's words and shook her head. This would be Roxanne. One of the more... Traumatised Nephilim. Titania had kept her well informed of her deeds.
    "No Roxanne, you won't be cutting me open like you've been doing to downworlders." She replied sweetly. Just because she was the emissary and had the necessary respect for them, that didn't mean that she was going to pull punches and withhold key information. "And I doubt you could touch me if you tried. I'm here to talk, not fight you."

The Inquisitor's fists clenched and the knuckles turned white. Luce... Dead? And Yorick... He was gone. He didn't feel at all bad for the traitor and he felt that justice was served to a certain extent. And yet... He gritted his teeth. Luce being killed was shocking, and he regretted not taking the time to try to cut her loose. Not cutting even one of them loose. Did that mean that she killed all of her prisoners? All of them that she took? He glared darkly at the Emissary, until she mentioned something about Roxanne. He turned to her, fire in his eyes.
    "Is this true?" He demanded. He turned back to Glynda. "Hand Yorick over, now! And give me a reason not to shoot you where you stand." He raised the Contender and pointed it at her.

To her credit, the Fae knew when it was best to step back. When the gun was pointed at her, she raised her hands. Of course, they had no idea that she could still work her magic doing that, but it was comforting for them she supposed.
    "I'm the only person in the Seelie Court standing between the Queen and destroying you. And there is no point in shooting the messenger, because that is what I am." She explained calmly. "Yorick, go to them. Return to your people and face trial by the Inquisitor." She watched them both carefully. She had to make sure that she got out of this alive. Hopefully when they saw the message, they'd get the impression that she wasn't entirely loyal to Titania. While she was most certainly thankful for the position, the current climate around unnerved her and it was best to show that she was at least not on her side fully. To cover her own bases of course.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The look in Corvo's eyes was enough to make Roxanne take a step back. She had never taken steps to hide how she dealt with the downworlders that she was suppose to kill, so when Glynda said something, it didn't bother Roxana at all. She had not expected however for Corvo to respond in such a way to the news. She was in big trouble now, she knew it. If she had not cause enough trouble before, it this would definitely push it. Roxanne desperately wished at that moment that there was somewhere else for her to go, some place that she would be safe, she certainly didn't feel safe with Corvo anymore.

"I-I only do that to bad people, I swear. The ones we need to kill to keep the peace. I would never do it to anyone innocent. I promise." Roxanne tried to defend herself, but given the way Brianne responded when she saw Roxanne do such things, Roxanne imagined her defense wouldn't help her much. She was scared of what Corvo might do to her, yet she couldn't make her feet move, could find the strength to try to leave the safety of others again, when she knew the dangers of running around alone. She just prayed that dealing with the old man would keep Corvo's wrath from her a little longer.

5. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

"He went with the others on ome important mission, I really don't know the details." Hendrik explained and nodded at the request if he wanted to sweep the place. He was glad he was chosen to do it, because if they were abandoning ship so to speak he wasn't gonna leave things behind. Corvo had already written himself into the good book, however that wasn't for him to decide. While Corvo was out of the book of enemies, he would have to prove himself a reliable ally if he wantedto get in his good books. Hendrik se out to sweep through the Institute, room by room, checking if there hadn't been anyone else in the Institute anymore, the wolves appeared to have packed up and left. When he got to his own room he looked at the damage that had been done in the struggle, then headed for his nightstand taking out a small box, easily fitting in one's handpalm, checked the contents and put it away in one of his pockets. He finished his round coming up with nothing worthy of reporting, headed back to report to Corvo, finding him pointing his gun at a fae, who had Yorrick. He decided to stay quiet and watch how this situation developed, he was wary though, fae were known for their deceit.

Aethelrick glad he fulfilled the request, considered for a moment what to ask of Gaia and when he had decided he spoke, unlike the Narrator who was uncertain as to what to ask however when he does, he shall let i known privately.

6. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Luce shuddered, holding her hands tightly against her chest. Her eyes, half lidded stared up at Cin as he spoke, before she gave a hoarse laugh. "You just had to say hands, didn't you." Looking at his own, somewhat distastefully, she stepped closer, taking it with a hiss of pain. "Although don't feel bad about leaving me behind. I always did want to see what's at that whole end of the tunnel. Maybe Raziel. Maybe mum. Maybe a plate of chocolate chip peanut butter cookies." She bit her lip to cut off her hysterical words, shutting her eyes to keep the tears of pain from leaking.

"Let's just get this over with. Please. If I'm going to die today i'd rather get it over with." It struck her that this seemed incredibly easy, but whenever she tried to analyze it further, her mind felt muddled, and cloudy, and she didn't care, she simply wanted to get out.

[​IMG]
    Yorick shuffled forward, his head bowed, a thin line of drool hanging from his lips. He didn't feel the magic on his back, or the steps beneath his feet. He didn't feel anything at all. Lost in the recesses of his mind, Yorick was closer to being nothing then any holy man had ever become. He had no single thought in his head, except to obey the person who told him to move forward. Something red flashed across his eyes, and he briefly looked up, expecting to see....hair? What was hair? Then it was gone, and he bowed his head back down, uncaring, unfeeling, moving towards Corvo.

[​IMG]
    Gaia analyzed each of the people in front of her, tapping her fingers against her lips speculatively before dropping them, moving forward to whisper in each of their ears respectively as they spoke quietly to her, relaying their requests. There were few who did trust the others with their questions, and it displeased her to still see so much secrecy among each other. But she could hardly make the decision for any of them, could she? Sien requested a bow. She turned her eyes to them, and then reached towards the nearest tree, placing her palm against the bark. The bow molded underneath her fingers as she watched him, her eyes glowing a gentle green, before she pulled it from the wood as if she was pulling a rag from a bucket of water. Waiting for the tree to retake its natural form, she then handed the bow to Sien, her face expressionless, her eyes sharp.

"You will be able to hit any target with this weapon, as long as they are in your sights. However, the arrows will only pin them, not kill. Should you attempt to murder someone with this bow, the pain inflicted upon them will also be inflicted upon you. So too will their imprisonment. As long as you do not move from your place, neither will they." Turning, she eyed the rest of them. "Time is short. Make your requests known, or have them be lost."

[​IMG]
    Alarick hesitated, then stepped forward. "I want to know...." He sighed. He could be truly selfish, or he could try to save the world. But why did that burden endlessly rest on his shoulders? "I want to know how to destroy a Mortal Instrument." Gaia's eyes sharpened on his face for a moment, only a moment, before softening. He stiffened under her gaze, hands clenching at his side. "To destroy a Mortal Instrument, requires sacrifice. All magic has a price, after all." Her voice was soft, but steady as she seemed to gauge his reaction.

"You would need the essence of each race; demon, warlock, fairy, Nephilim, werewolf, and vampire. Combine these, then use water blessed by a holy man, and your stele to draw a rune. The rune of Destruction. It's old, but you should be able to find it in your library." A small smile followed those words, before disappearing. "After this, you will be forced to give something up. Something precious to you. You'll have a chance to revoke the spell, but you won't get another to chance to complete it."

Alarick bowed his head, his mind racing as his eyes stared at the ground. Something precious...Brianne? No...it wouldn't take a life to destroy an Instrument, would it? The tendons in his arm bulged as he struggled to remain under emotional control, disturbed by Gaia's response.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan watched Alarick, uncertain whether she would like to ask her question as well. But Gaia would not tolerate waiting much longer. The plants around them began to wave in an invisible breeze, and though Gaia's control was impeccable, clearly, there was something on the path ahead that was going to be troublesome. "I would like to know a spell to keep someone from dying." She whispered the end, unable to look at Ash. Of all the things she could have asked, or requested, to help him, to help her, this was what she wanted. Gaia's eyes flickered to her, but when Morrigan finally got the courage to meet them, she saw nothing but kindness in the green depths.

"You are so unlike your mother." She murmured, before moving forward, and whispering gently in Morrigan's ear. "Only in your time of greatest need, child. There is a heavy price for that spell. Like most things it comes from the caster. That magic will not drawn your own well of power, but come from your soul. Old magic." She stepped away, and Morrigan released the breath she had been holding, sagging slightly as though a weight had been released from her shoulders. "Thank you." She whispered, brushing her fingers through her tangled hair.

7. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Hendrik watched as Yorick shuffled over to them, just an empty shell. "Corvo we should go, we can't be distracted from our objective. Look at Yorick, take a damn good look at him, he is a useless empty shell. This is all a waste of time, if you really want Yorick atleast put him out of his damn misery cause that ain't the man, just the remains of a man already dead." Hendrick said rather angry that they were wasting precious time. The sooner the alliance would be made the better it would be for them. "I am not gonna waste my time on a useless asset." Hendrick said "Come with me if you want, but this serves no point. There is nothing to be gained from this only losses to be made." Hendrick said stalking off in the direction of said objective.

8. Arch Mana Knight

Ash eyed the others when they received their responses for the requests given to the Mother of Fairies. Ash was wary of his own request and knew what he would have to do the moment they returned. The most intriguing thing was Alarick's apparent desire to destroy a Mortal Instrument. He could very easily see the value in having such knowledge. Having such a powerful object out of existence surely meant a higher chance for the deaths of thousands to not occur by their misuse.

"
    If you would need my blood to destroy an Instrument, I will give it to you." Ash spoke up, his eyes shifting over towards Morrigan. Her wish did not surprise him though he could have never have guessed it to have been something so specific. Keeping someone from dying? It definitely sounded like Morrigan. "I could have never asked for a better partner." He muttered under his breath, showing the slight hint of a smile. Even amongst the dozens of plots he knew were at work there was always her to count on. Even if she was not the only person he trusted, he simply trusted her above all others and knew how dangerous such faith could be.

With Gaia present, Ash was forced to consider how things could go wrong from here. Despite the trials having seemingly ended, his spirits were not completely lifted. Not yet. Blind hope was something he could never allow himself to give in to.

[​IMG]

"No stories? That's a shame. I'm sure you'll get your chance. As long as it doesn't become your only one." Rhett sighed and leaned back in his chair as he flipped through the pages of Hestia's text. "You know, there's going to have to be an alpha soon. I'm going to have to get my strength back up if I'm going to have any chance at keeping out any terrible choices from having their way." Once more the werewolf took a deep breath knowing that a brief burst of preparation for such a thing would never guarantee him very much but it was far better than sitting around waiting for a fight. Thankfully, Creed was stuck in this place just as he was. The same went for Brianne, who needed to calm down, and Clarity, who had no set time on how long it would take for her to recover.

Ash was not here but that did not mean he was lacking for sparring partners when his wounds had healed up further. "
    Brianne is going to need an outlet. I can be that for her but with all the action I'm expecting there to be, I think you could use a little practice on the art of fighting without getting yourself killed. I could use the extra practice as soon as my limbs start listening to me. Uh...if you'd feel comfortable sparring of course. And if Hestia has no objections. ...And assuming we have room for it somewhere." Or I could be stuck reading until things get worse. Don't want that. Definitely not. I need to do something.

[​IMG]

Grasping her hand gently, Cin tugged on Luce to bring her closer towards him. The gesture probably made her as uncomfortable as it did for him but simple holding onto her was not enough for him to extend his magic. He had never given much practice to extending it onto another and therefore needed to be close for it to have the slightest chance of working. With the odds against them, the only thing in their favor was his own ability and knowledge of the security in the Court. "
    I am not questioning your ability to listen but I must stress this point once more, stop when I stop. Move when I move. Do not question me. Some of the enchantments here are strange and far beyond my time but I believe I can get us out alive." Thoughts of hypocrisy came to mind as he had just condemned Titania for working with nephilim just moments earlier yet here he was, stuck with one of their kind. There was no other option. It had to be done.

Cin stepped forward and into the darkness, bringing Luce with him as his magic took effect. It all seemed clear for now. The entire path to the cells was not covered in complete darkness but it would be enough so long as they took their time. Ironically, Luce would see the end of a tunnel by the night's end. Just not one pertaining to her death...hopefully.

9. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Dawn Morning Noon Afternoon Dusk Twilight Midnight
    January February March April May June July August September October November December
    Hot Warm Mild Chilly Cold Sunny Cloudy Overcast
    Breezy Windy Thunderstorm Lightning-storm Snowstorm Drizzle Rain Downpour Light Snow Heavy Snow

It has been several hours now, since the events that have taken place. The weather turned over night, and what used to be thunderstorms have now calmed into quiet rain. The city that never sleeps is coming a little more alive in the beginning light of the dawn. ​
    [DOUBLEPOST=1468891813][/DOUBLEPOST]
    [​IMG]
    Hestia wandered out of her room, dressed in a simple silk dressing gown, her hair unbound and tumbling down her back and white gold waves. Next to her feet walked the adolescent sized cat, weaving between her legs with a gentle purring sound. As she pressed the button on the Keurig in the kitchen, leaning against the counter with a sigh, she glanced towards the room that Clarity was being kept in. There was no noise; good. She grabbed the mug once the coffee was finished brewing and sipped gently, rolling her neck after a moment before setting the cup back down. The cat hopped up onto the counter, its fire paw leaving no footprints as it wandered back and forth, yellow eyes glowing as they examined the room. She vaguely wondered how long it would be before the other houseguests woke. Out of privacy for Brianne, she had closed off the door to her room, and not allowed anyone inside.

What the woman was going through was ugly enough without someone else having to witness it. Sighing as she heard bangs and thumps coming from that particular direction, she ran her fingers over the cat's fire fur, letting her thoughts wander further then the occupants in her home as she debated her next steps. She had received a message in the night, a most welcome one indeed. But it put plans into motion she was not sure she was ready, if she ever would be, to carry out. It wasn't just a matter of her power being drained, it was the people involved, the place, the other powers at play. Leaning her elbows on the counter, she watched as the cat moved towards he and bumped its forehead against hers. A small surge of energy slipped under her skin and Hestia smiled, before taking the coffee cup and holding it to her lips for another sip.

[​IMG]
    Titania let her arm rest above her head, black hair spiraling out from her pillow in a halo around her head. The person next to her was inconsequential; their gender, race and age mattered little to her. All that mattered was that she had kept herself occupied while she waited. Getting up from the bed, she didn't bother stretching as she walked bare foot across the floor, to slide her hand across the water still as glass in the round bowl. As the images began to clear on the surface, she tilted her head, black hair curtaining down one side of her face as she watched the goings on, before waving her hand to a different image. One that made her go still as stone, her eyes narrowing. Whipping around, she stalked out, slipping into a form fitting dress before storming into the court. The vines and plants grew taller, waving erratically as she turned and slammed a fist into the throne of vines and wood, watching it form around her hand into a sword. With a grim smile, she tested the weapon before turning and slamming it into the ground.

The crack was loud enough to wake the dead. She waited as members of her court hurried in, most half dressed, all looking exhausted. They were normally not up at this hour, having spent the night reveling without a care. She strode in front of the place where the half built throne now stood, waiting until the majority of them had turned up before turning and eyeing each of them, eyes glowing with innate power.

"Mother has come to visit. We must prepare to receive her." Ignoring the gasps and whispers, she pulled the sword from the ground, watching the wood turn into tiny particles, similar to sand as they swirled around her, the entire weapon disintegrating. "I have an errand to run first."

[​IMG]
    Gaia stepped through the portal, and into the shade of a large willow tree. As she looked around, it was hard to miss the lights of the enormous city that had been built on what was once rugged rock, tree, and oceanside. She had brought them to the outskirts for one very simple reason; they would be powerless to stop what Titania was going to do in reaction, and she did not need her soldiers injured before they reached the battlefield. Titania had been forever a child, unable to see the end games of her plans. Gaia had failed to teach her, somehow. She didn't know when or where she had failed as a parent, but it was evident in the way her own child had turned against her, had brought this havoc about her, that she would not stop. She must be stopped. Behind her, still moving out of the portal, were the temporary inhabitants of her tribe. Temporary was a strong word, they had been there only a little over twenty four hours. After tending to their injuries and allowing them rest, Gaia had created a portal, set up temporary rule in her place, and returned them to New York.

She would allow them to come with, after this was over. There was little doubt in her mind she would end Titania's rule. As how it would end...that was left to be determined. Turning to look at the people who she had returned home, she let her eyes rest on Alarick, Sien, and Ash in particular.
    "I expect to see you all later. I have things I will require of you in return for my service here. And I have been informed of other small matters that will be attended to, after this." She turned to
    Ash. "You will wish to visit Clarity; she is being kept at Hestia's home. I assume you know where it is. Rhett is with her as well, and Brianne. Alarick, you may wish to accompany him. The rest of you are free to seek out your friends and family as you wish, though I warn you to stay away from the Institute."

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  10. Arch Mana Knight

It made sense for both Clarity and Rhett to be with Hestia. Ash was glad to at least know Hestia had not left them to die in the clutches of Titania. He took in a deep breath and outstretched his hand to feel the soft drops of rain to splash against his palm. The soaked ground beneath him gave an indication that a storm had just passed. The dim light of dawn and the overcast sky reminded him of what he had once called home but now was not the time for such nostalgic thoughts to come to mind.

"
    Thank you, Gaia. We will return to you soon enough." Ash turned his attention over towards Morrigan, wishing for the chance to speak to her alone once more now that he had been given the time to collect his thoughts. He was more sure now than ever before of the truth. "I would appreciate your company once more." He spoke towards the fairy.

[​IMG]

Cin sat down. Dramatically! It was far too easy to make the escape and he could only wonder what possessed Titania to allow them such an easy way out. She must have known he would make any attempt to keep himself alive and here he was, free from his shackles. Or so it seemed. The rundown police building had definitely seen better days but it was a good enough place to lay low for now. "What are your plans from here on out, girl?" The former knight questioned Luce, his eyes focused on her. He had given his word...at least nonverbally that he would not kill her. They worked together to get out and lashing out on her now was far too dishonorable an act for him to even attempt. If she wished to leave and fight him in the future, that would be her choice but he would not hesitate to strike her down should she take up arms against him.

Far away, in an abandoned warehouse, because abandoned places are common... A small group of five werewolves roamed the empty building with one of them, being from Rhett's pack staring up at the leak in the ceiling listening as droplets of water dripped onto the cracked concrete floor. One of Felicia's own wolves knelt over her, having just finished changing her bandages. The remaining werewolves remained alert, keeping their eyes and ears open to the slightest notice of danger.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Felicia awoke to a throbbing head, and well... everything really. Her side hurt especially as she slowly came to the surface of reality. Taking her time, Felicia slowly lifted herself into a sitting position despite the protest of the werewolf that had been hovering over her checking her wounds. That werewolf was one of her own, she recognized her. However the rest of the werewolves around were not her own. Instead they belonged to another pack and she believed that pack was Rhetts. However not all his werewolves were here, and nearly none of hers were.

Getting to her feet, despite her bodies protest, Felicia looked around then with fire in her eyes started to demand answers. "
    I want to know what the hell is going on. Where the hell my pack is, and where Rhett is. I want answers and I want them now. I might not be in the best of shape, but I can still floor all of you if you try anything." Felicia threatened as she paced the floor of the abandoned warehouse, eyeing one of the bigger werewolves for answers. She was healing quickly enough, that she planned to go find Rhett as soon as she had her answers here, and get answers from him as well. That or track down her pack. Hopefully someone had an idea where they were and she prayed that after all she did to keep them safe, they were in deed safe.
    [​IMG]
    "So what is the plan now?" Slavko asked Gord in a bored tone as he leaned against a wall in this new female body, watching Gord's every move. He hated having to work for this guy, but would do it for the sake of getting at the nephilim a little more. After all they were fun to play with. He had waited long enough, now he actually wanted to do something. He wanted to actually do something and not just wait for the right time.

12. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Nicholas Nightwine
    Nick's eyes widened as Gaia responded to his question. His mind raced with moral quandaries and he bit his lip. What would he do?
    Much much later
    After they had returned home, Nick smiled at the familiar cityscape. But his happiness at returning home was overshadowed by the looming realisation of what he was planning to do. For a long time, he'd been deliberating over sending a message to Paragon. He'd written one out on his phone, he just happened tapped "send yet". Taking out his phone, Nick once more brought up the message. for a while his finger hovered over the button. He closed his eyes and bit his lip again. Could he do this? Could he condemn someone like this?
    Yes.
    <This is White Knight, reporting to White King
    We're back in New York, I have important information involving Primary Target
    Survey me. Send agents>

Masque
    As they stepped through the portal Masque sighed and stared at the beautiful city ahead of them. He looked up at the willow tree above, an aesthetically pleasing tree of wonderful colour. But his reverie was broken by the sudden realisation that he was by no means free. He looked nervously over at Alarick and withdrew slightly "What now?"

Gord Gottwell / Abyzathilad
    As Slavko approached Gord turned and looked imperiously down at the inferior demon. "Really? Is that what you've gone with?" He raised an eyebrow questioningly, then scoffed. "Very well" Gord had two vampires, wearing suits. He himself wore a large grey waistcoat and jacket. He turned back to the door to the apartment building and pressed the buzzer for the penthouse suite "Hello? Me and my companions would like to speak to Hestia Sunspoke please"

Cassandra
    "Cassandra. And I have no particular business with you, can we not simply have a chat without politics getting in the way?" Cass smiled as she wheeled up to the bar. One of her followers bought a pint of beer and handed it to her, she began to sip, while still staring at Karl "From what I've heard, you're also in the race to become Alpha. I wish you good luck. No good would come of fighting amongst ourselves. After all it's up to the four in the end" she pointed out as she gulped down beer "Know anything about the other contestants?"

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Of course. I'm not the sort to blank people over politics." Karl gestured for her to come on up and sit next to him and turned towards the bar. Once she arrived, he looked at her. "That's absolutely right. I don't believe in unnecessary fighting. Honestly, I think that we're better off unifying rather than fighting right now. The Fae are... Concerning." He replied. It was difficult to say what this Cassandra was about, however she seemed perfectly reasonable.
    "That being said, it pays to be prepared." One of his hands drifted to the knives across his chest, dancing along the hilts before putting the hand down on the table again. "Grayson has gone off the radar for now, and apparently there are plenty of others. Truthfully I don't know much about them. Not that it really matters. We stand for what we stand for and when we arrive it'll all come out."

[​IMG]

"You're right Hedrick. Tell your Queen we say thank you, and then tell her to go to hell." Corvo dragged Yorick inside, turned away and shut the door behind him. "I'll deal with Yorick quickly. Clear this place out and we'll move out as soon as possible." He dragged the mindless Yorick through the institute to the room where he fought Felicia and Clarity before. He pushed him against the wall opposite the window and pointed the Contender at him.
    "By the authority granted to me by the Clave in my position as Inquisitor of the Shadow Hunters, the punishment for your treachery shall be death. No trial is necessary and overwhelming evidence of your guilt has been given, nor can testimony be given by the defendant due to his lack of mental capacities." Corvo cocked the gun and aimed for the head. "Any last words, Yorick?" The anger at the betrayal called up a cruel smile on his face.
    "No, of course not." He pulled the trigger. After the body slumped to the floor, he pulled all symbols of authority and the Stele of Yorick from his body, then retrieved a fire extinguisher. He wrote a Rune of Fire and watched the old Nephilim burn. It was not the most dignified end, but the man was a shadow of his former self. He applied the fire extinguisher if the flames spread elsewhere. He spent some time considering their situation. Time was now of the essence. If Titania was happy to throw Yorick away then it was clear that her plans were almost reaching fruition. They had to find Yuri and raise a force and fast. Eventually Yorick was gone, and the fire put out at which point he went downstairs.
    "Let's get out of here. We have a Vampire King to find." He spoke, a stern expression on his face.

[​IMG]

Glynda swiftly departed after they accepted Yorick, glad that it had not come to conflict. She quickly reported the result to Titania out of necessity but returned to her office where she put her head in her hands with her elbows on the desk. She gritted her teeth. Things were bad, that much was quite clear. Her queen was making mistakes in pursuit of... Something. They were heading for disaster. The humans told the tale of Icarus who flew too close to the sun, and she could see Titania going down that way. She was presuming too much, and she was all too aware that the general opinion of the Fae was dropping. The other races were concerned and the Nephilim were going to be poised against them. How many would be opposed to them the same way? Cinead was clearly her as well. Now that other factions in the Seelie Court were willing to move against her, it was clear that Titania was making plenty of enemies. Even with her power... She was in the centre of the issue. She was on nobody in particular's side. Did that make her in a strong place, or a weak one? Was she everyone's friend, or a mutual enemy?

Therefore, it was with a heavy heart and mind that she went into the meeting that she called. Glynda had not been present at the revelries, and so she was immaculate. Her failure to attend would be seen as odd, but given the present situation she felt little drive to socialise. She was immaculate as always and no sign of her internal strife showed. When she broke the news about Gaia, she was as shocked as the rest of them. However, unlike the others she strode after her Queen.

"My Queen, this is serious. What is it that needs to be done? What preparations are being made?" The implied question being 'What use can I be here?

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Roxanne was left downstairs to sweep the building, throwing out anyone that remained within, while Corvo dealt with Yorick. Well at least that meant the anger was off of her for the time being, and she didn't have to worry about being shot the moment she turned her back. It was slightly comforting she supposed. With that, Roxanne let a false happiness sweep over her dragging her into a familiar numbness that hid her from all her emotions as she skipped down the hall ways.

It seemed like the werewolves that had taken up residence within the institute had cleared out on their own by that point, leaving little for Roxanne to actually do. She dropped by the training room for a brief minute to practice a couple tumbles, something that tended to help that fake smile settle in better. However her eyes remained dead. Something about the last few days had cause Roxanne to loose her way to the giddiness the was what she came to accept as normal. It went from what her whole being believed she was, to what she could force herself to be. Still it was better then living in fear and depression.

Returning to the main room, Roxanne fell quiet as she waited for the others to be ready to head out. Honestly she was ready to get out of there and start some sort of adventure that she could be excited about instead of thinking about all that happened here, and the possibility of Tatania returning for them.

[​IMG]
    Slavko shrugged at Gord's look. "Well it is an acquaintance of the lovely Brianne after all. Those two would look like they would have a good conversation while she checked out her groceries. So why not choose someone like that. Poor girl didn't really have any friends I could use to manipulate her, so I was forced to settle. You know how it is." Slavko responded casually right before Gord paged for Hestia. This could be quite interesting after all. It was the only reason he bothered to actually return to Gord. He had the chance to walk away, but chose to stay because of some odd human emotion. He supposed it was curiosity that kept him there. He wanted... no needed to see how it all played out.

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Stepping out of the portal provided by Gaia, Sien moved his eyes so that they rested on Gaia. He wondered just what she would ask of them in exchange for her help. Potentially something that would be seen as equivalent for what she was about to do. Taking into account the bow that she had given him as per his request, he had no clue just what it was that she could give him. Which meant wondering about it now would serve no purpose and instead kept those thoughts to himself and moved on to something else that he's been wondering about. "Hey Alarick, why do you want to know how to destroy a Mortal Instrument?"

With them being back in New York, Valister had taken this chance to return to his personal dwellings. Partly because of the overcast skies above. Now seemed like a good time to wait and see if more clouds were going to form above head, thus he headed off o his own.

16. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Hendrick was glad Corvo had listened to reason, as Corvo cleared up that situation with Yorrick, Hendrick waited outside with Roxanne. He could hear the shot fired by the Inquisitor inside the Institute. When Corvo came back out and said they had a Vampire King to find. "Agreed, let's go, hope you don't mind hoofing it a little." Hendrick said, they had quite a bit to go for Hotel DuMort. They walked through the streets as the sun was rising in the east. When headed there he walked next to Roxanne, the charge life had thrusted into his care. The finally arrived at the Hotel and he entered through the front door going in first. It was quiet but with Vampires that didn't mean much. However seeing the first room they hit was empty too started to rouse his suspicion. "Okay, this is odd...." Hendrick said as he lead them throughout the cleared out Hotel. "I think we got ourselves a problem here..."

Aethelrick had kept to himself having the request granted, he went along with the group as they traveled back to New York, where Gaia gave them some tips and instructions. "Does anyone mind if I tag along to go visit Clarity?" Aethelrick asked out loud to both Ash and Alarick, after all if they were going with what Gaia had said then both of them should be headed there. After he had an answer he sent a text to Hendrick saying they were back in NYC

Shadi had attended to his own matters and done some training when the people were granted their requests, while his mastery of the shotel and Kopesh was briliant he knew that such technique had to be maintained if he wanted to keep it all up. He had also learned not to practice alone as it would only cement your flaws in your work. When the time to travel came he too tagged along with the Queen when she had given instructions to the others he approached her and asked "My Lady, what would you have me do?"

17. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Luce heard Cin ask a question, watched him move, but she felt too distant to respond, to do anything. Her body didn't feel as though it as hers to control. Perhaps it wasn't. While she and Cinead had made their way out of the Seelie Court, it had been all she could to not cringe away from him, to not break whatever enchantments he had put over them. Perhaps it was the angel genetics, or whatever they were inside of her, rebelling against the demon in him. But then wouldn't she be drawn to him too, because half of him was angel too? Perhaps that was why she was somehow, miraculously still here. But it wouldn't be for much longer.

Whatever Titania's spell had done to her, it had gotten worse. The further they got from her underground palace, the more exhausted she became, until she could barely put one foot in front of the other. But even then the exhaustion turned into something else, something much darker that screamed against Luce's sense of self control. She felt a rush going past her ears, as though she was falling. Her vision blurred as she got to her feet wordlessly, her eyes vacant. Inside, Luce screamed with panic and fear, trying to regain control of herself as she turned, walking to the door of the warehouse and then past it, letting it swing open and shut. Her feet turned northwards, towards an older section of the city. Her body mindlessly moved onwards, even as her mind struggled to force herself to stop.

[​IMG]
    Hestia raised her eyebrows at the sound of her doorbell. Moving towards the intercom placed by her front door, she pressed the button, the cat twining around her ankles. She could hear the occasional bang and thump from where Brianne was being kept, but all was quiet elsewhere. Speaking quietly to the operator of the main door, she pressed the touch screen next to the speaker, narrowing her eyes at the group that was gathered outside the door. Not what she had expected, nor what she wanted to deal with at this point in time. But of course, that was when it would happen. She sighed and pulled the robe a little tighter around her body, opening the door to her apartment and whispering to the cat, "Men." With a snap of her fingers, two sparks flew, darting towards the respective doors of Clarity and Brianne. As soon as they met the wood, a wall of flame went up before them. "That should keep those two out until I get back."

With an exasperated shake of her head, she bent down, picking up the cat and letting it wrap itself around her shoulders before walking out the door, closing it gently behind her. Padding down the stairs in her bare feet, she was glad for one thing; the early hour meant the other occupants were asleep. She had a feeling this could get a little messy. Moving into the foyer where the doorman watched the security cameras, she placed a hand on the ifrit's shoulder, once more looking at the entrance view. "This should be interesting. You know what to do." The man nodded, his purple skin, glamoured against human view, shining in the glow of the screens. Hestia turned and walked past, towards the door. Opening and shutting it behind her, she stared at the group, her golden eyes narrowed in displeasure. Inside the foyer, the ifrit pressed one of his many buttons, locking it behind her.

"Well,
    demon, here I am." Her eyes flicked from Gord to Slavko, and her lip turned up in disgust. "And if you don't make it quick, neither you nor your companion here will be leaving in one piece." The cat on her shoulders hissed, echoing her sentiments. "Well?"

[​IMG]
    Yorick could do nothing but obey. Even as Corvo took him into a room, and pointed the gun to his head, all he could do was stare at the barrel that would bring his death. What a foolish young man. Ruining his chances for everything. And Yorick couldn't even tell him. Couldn't make him understand that the spell holding him this way could be broken, what his death would do to Luce, what it would set in motion. No, he could do nothing but think of the girl who had been his daughter as the gun was leveled at his head, and the trigger pulled. And so the secrets of Luce's origin, of the location of the Mirror, and the ritual to summon the Angel now rested in the hands of one person as Yorick's body fell to the ground. He had failed in his sacred duty, and now his time was at an end.

[​IMG]
    Titania couldn't help but smile with glee as she felt the magic she had left on Yorick's body come rushing back to her, no life force left to hold it in place. Excellent. The insipid Shadowhunters had done as she had hoped, and executed a traitor when presented with him. They wouldn't know now what he had gone through, what she had put him through, in order to keep their secrets safe. And now...she redirected the flow to Luce with an even wider grin, her eyes glowing with excitement. Now, with Yorick's death, she could focus on using the spell on the Nephilim girl. Really, she would have to do something nice for Corvo when this was over. Not only had he made it increasingly easy to execute her plans, handing her Luce and creating enmity between the forces against her, but he had just rid her of one of the bigger obstacles without her having to even lift a finger.

Now, as the court readied for war and her puppet moved through the streets of New York, she turned to
    Glynda. "I think you would be best served taking ten Seelie Knights, and moving towards the Institute. I had a Nephilim girl who will return there with something of value. See that she and the object arrive back here." Turning away, Titania snapped her fingers, and fifteen more came to her side. The rest would follow when ready. "Let's go for a walk." She suggested with a smile before turning, her skirt swirling around her legs, and striding out of the Seelie Court.

[​IMG]
    Gaia watched the group with disinterest before turning to Shadi. "You may do as you please, my friend. I would let Titania wear herself down before I find her, thus I will remain here, outside of her sphere of influence. You can remain with me, or you can explore the city we have come to. It is your decision." If she knew her daughter, Titania would be working to gain one of the Mortal Instruments, through some means of manipulation and magic. That would only make it better when Gaia took back what was hers, making it easier to acquire what she wanted. So she would wait for a few more hours. After all, what was half a day compared to a thousand years? Mere seconds.

[​IMG]
    Alarick looked at Aethelrick with some distrust before glancing at Nick. He had been acting strangely, and odd ever since they had returned, preoccupied with his phone. It was none of Alarick's business, but it did little to ease the sense of uneasiness in his chest. Deciding to ignore the younger Shadowhunter, as he was being ignored, he bowed once more to Gaia, and strode off in the direction of Hestia's apartment, eager to speak with his sister. Something in Gaia's tone indicated that not all was well.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan turned from Gaia to Ash, her smile gentle. "You should see her, alone at first. She doesn't know me, and she may be wary. I will catch up to you, I have business myself that I need to attend to." She reached up to brush Ash's cheek with her fingers, letting them drop to squeeze his hand, before turning to Nick, the gentle look on her face replaced with one of cold steel. Striding towards him, she purposely leaned in close, invading his personal space as the grass twitched beneath her feet, the residual effects from spending time in Gaia's forest still lingering in her own magic. "You and I will talk. Now." She said, her voice demanding and angry. Something was not right, and she would not rely on others to fix it. She would care for it herself, and then she would rejoin Ash, more confident in her own abilities. She had to be able to do this for herself.

[​IMG]
    Grayson wandered the streets, hands shoved in his pockets. He had hunted all night, and his belly was full of whatever unfortunate victim he had found. Honestly, he couldn't remember, and he didn't care. Today was a new day, and the smell of the fresh air was a delight to his senses, used to the stale room that Paragon had kept him in. Oh, he would get that fairy fuck back, he wasn't worried about it. But all good things took time, and Grayson had learned patience. He grinned as he turned down another alleyway, whistling seemingly innocently.

It was anything but. Five wolves waited for him on the other side of the corner, and immediately bowed when he came into the presence. He looked at them, and then grinned once more, more ferally this time. "I've missed you, my pack." There were murmurs in reply, and then the six of them were off, Grayson in the lead. Today, they would hunt and feast until they were sated. Tomorrow, they would take back the city.

A shadow slipped away from the wall as the group entered. The woman had nails as red as blood, hair a matching color as her eyes glinted in the near darkness. "You thought you could just walk in to His Grace's home without invitation, without sanction?" She whispered, gliding around the shadowhunters with her fangs drawn. "Especially bringing her here. His Grace was right, perhaps. You're simply here to use us for your own purposes. As Nephilim do. Destroy those that refuse to stand with you." Having finished her circle of examination, she stood back, her body languid but her eyes sharp. "What business do you have entering our home?"

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  18. Arch Mana Knight

Ash's eyes followed after Morrigan as she turned from him and shifted his gaze from the fairy toward the nephilim. Whatever was troubling Morrigan he would have to wait for her to tell him at a later time. Turning his head off in the direction Alarick hurried along to, obviously eager to see his sister, Ash followed after the shadowhunter passing under the shadow of a tree as he moved forward. Splitting up was necessary. If the situation had grown as dire as he believed it had, and with what he knew of Rhett's character, he needed to give some much-needed advice to the young wolf.

"
    After I have a word with her, yes. You can." Ash responded to Aethelrick when Alarick did not.

Discussing anything with Hestia was the last thing on his mind given the fact that a turned Brianne resided in the apartment as well...along with Clarity. Ash doubted the girl would ever heed his word and simply stay out of trouble. As experienced as she liked to believe she was, her attitude often reminded him of a rebellious teenager who would never admit being someone who sought approval. As much as he found it endearing in a somewhat annoying sense Ash worried over how that kind of demeanor could lead to harm.

"
    Do you honestly intend to destroy a Mortal Instrument or was your request meant for a last resort should your kind lose control over this situation? To prevent anyone but a shadowhunter to use them." Ash spoke up the moment he caught up to Alarick, intentionally avoiding the subject of what seemingly caught his eye earlier. There was no point in discussing idle speculation.

[​IMG]

Cin stood still as Luce left. The effects of whatever Titania had done to Luce had only grown since leaving. It was either that or the girl was horrifyingly out of shape and could not stand a simple walk. Cin was not inclined to believe the latter. He wondered if, by the way she dragged her feet, the same thing had happened to Luce as with Yorick. Cin knew of Titania's persuasive ways and had been fortunate enough to never be on the receiving end of such trickery but he had a suspicion that the spell that guarded his weapons was more than a mere barrier.

The more he dwelled on the thought, the more his paranoia scratched at the back of his mind, forcing him to exit the building and follow after the girl. If there was the slightest possibility that Titania was using this girl, he would have to put and end to whatever enchantment plagued Luce. One way or another. The fey trailed behind Luce, his curiosity piqued when she made off towards the northern section of the city.
    "What is she doing?" Cin muttered under his breath, deciding to keep his plans on a momentary hold to figure out what was going on with the girl. Cin kept to the shadows as he stalked her, knowing he would have to make a choice soon enough as to whether he should stop her and bring her to his people, despite the risks, or allow her to go on her way.

[​IMG]

His muscles feeling less like they were on fire, Rhett took the time to stand and stretch his legs. Glad that resting had done him some good Rhett made his way out, neatly shelving the book he had mostly finished reading, to move on to something else. Hestia was nowhere to be seen and it looked as if Brianne was still locked away. The werewolf sighed, wishing to see her but not wanting to do something to anger their host.

He pulled out his phone, seeing dozens messages from names he recognized belonged to other werewolves from the pack he had disbanded earlier. As Rhett scrolled through the messages he smiled upon learning that both his and Felicia's people had gotten to safety. Several had messaged him expressing their wishes to join him against Titania but as much as the sense of duty to their kind they displayed, Rhett could only imagine how meager such a small number of wolves would appear before Titania's forces. There needed to be an alpha. Still in his hand, the phone vibrated once more with a message from a more familiar name. Ash.

Apparently he was on his way. Along with Alarick. Though Rhett was not looking forward to the looks and words Alarick might have for him the werewolf was glad to at least see some familiar faces. Their return must have meant their trip had some success. It was one of the few pieces of good news Rhett still had to hold on to.

"Rhett made off with a girl who looked like she was undergoing the Change." One of the wolves responded. "Hestia came and portaled him, the girl, an ifrit, and some...guy away. The packs disbanded and we were told by Rhett to keep an eye out on you." He showed Felicia his bloodied hands. It was not his own blood that stained his skin. "Even when you're unconscious you squirm but I patched you up as best I could."

"We were told if we stuck together, it would be unsafe. With how powerful Titania is and seeing you bleeding out from a fairy not even half as strong as her, I think we made the right decision." The medic added, his eyes shifting over towards the lookouts stalking the perimeter.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Felicia prowled the grounds of their hideout while the medic talked, while the single member of her pack that was around to help watched, looking like she wan'ted to stop Felicia, but every time she opened her mouth to talk, Felicia snarled at her. "He had no right! No right to disband my pack. No right to scatter them into the city for me to have to find once more!" Felicia yelled. The real problem was not that Rhett had scattered her pack, it was easy enough to be in contact with them. However she promised to protect them and she failed. She had done everything and nearly died trying to protect them, and now they were scattered with a threat still on the loose.

"Kye, contact the others and get them together again. I will meet them soon and we will figure out how to handle this situation, but first I have someone I need to speak to." Her eyes then turned to the medic that was talking to her before. "You are going to take me to your alpha and we are going to sort this all out properly."

"Are you sure you should be going anywhere yet? We are still loyal to you, we can wait till you recover more. Don't push yourself." Kye finally said, her voice soft. She was one of the younger and smaller females of the pack but she was good at helping take care of the others and doing things behind the scenes even if she wasn't a fighter.

"I am going now. The wounds shouldn't reopen now, so I will be fine. Just make sure the others are safe. I will be back soon." Felicia instructed once again before shooting a glance at the medic that was a part of Rhetts pack, letting him know that she was ready to go and not about to take no for an answer. Injured or not Felicia was pissed off and could still be quite dangerous when she wanted to be.

20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

The Inquisitor was not fazed by the sudden appearance of the Vampire from what seemed to be the wall. He allowed Hendrick to take point, deciding that he would put his faith in his comrade while keeping his own eyes open. When she emerged, he met her sharp gaze with a steely look of his own. There was enough trouble in this city and with the everpresent threat of Titania looming over them, he wasn't going to back down.
    "We're not here to use you - What we want to do is make an alliance to protect everyone, because we are all in danger from a common foe." He didn't name her, for it was not necessary. "If we could have the privilege of meeting your leader, then it would be much appreciated."

[​IMG]

"Very well." Glynda curtsied to the Queen and turned around, then walked away. So, the Nephilim girl that was captured was returning home. This was not going to be good, she got the distinct impression that trouble was very much ahead. She felt the tension of the situation rising in her - How did this all fit in with Titania's plans? Whose side was the Emissary on? So many questions, any yet the situation provided little to give her any guidance. The most she could do was do as was ordered, until the time was right. Whatever happened, she had a feeling that she was best served by getting away from the knights as soon as possible once everything kicked off.

[​IMG]

Karl awaited a response from Cassandra and sipped his beer. Mmm, tasty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.