The Cosmic Ocean

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Arch, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    "Maybe you need glasses." Ana commented when Irrin said the screen had changed. Whatever the result, it mattered little now. They needed to get to the rest of the crew, and stick together. She turned, glancing at the combat armor with something close to nausea before shaking her head. "I don't want it. I don't need it." She did go to check out the fire arm cases, her fingers running over the hard material as she scanned the racks from left to right. She had never held a gun, not formally. She worked best up close and personal, despite her lighter bone material. Brianne had seen she knew enough self defense to keep from being taken advantage of again.

Pulliing a pistol from the case, she cocked and loaded it before pointing it experimentally at the wall. "I'm good with this," She said as she followed
    Irrin out.

[​IMG]
    Clarity hadn't truly felt terror before. She had always assumed it was an adrenaline rush, a kind of force that pushed you onward, even to the point of exhaustion. This was nothing like that. It was a bottomless pit, an overwhelming amount of darkness that washed over her like a tidal wave. She couldn't scream as the strange man lifted her off her feet, his hand squeezing her throat. She scrabbled uselessly with her hands, her heart pounding like a rabbit as it faced down a fox, her eyes lifted to the ceiling as she gasped for air, lungs shriveling in her chest as her heart pleaded for mercy.

Mercy it seemed she would be granted. The red man dropped her to the ground, and she coughed, choking and wheezing as she tried to fill her body with oxygen. She looked up to see the red man turn to her, his eyes burning hot. And then he was gone. As the lights began to power on in the deck, Clarity collapsed to the ground, her shoulders shaking as she sobbed into her arms, hair spread like a halo around her shoulders. Her throat pulsed and throbbed, and her body trembled. Even after the man was gone, she knew she would be seeing him in her nightmares.

[​IMG]
    It all happened too quickly. Winters informed her that he had not in fact split his forces, despite her drawing more of the firing power her way, and now the ship was gone. She could hear Alexei in the background as Doctor Saturday appeared before her. Lesser people's heads would have exploded. However, Brianne was not a lesser person. She reached down, pulled Doctor Saturday to his feet, and turned, firing at the people who managed to impale her with another plasma shot. She gritted her teeth as the round began to burn into her side, shoving the Doctor behind her and returning fire. "Winters, we have the life form. It would be nice if you could do as I ask right fucking now and get here to support us before I take more plasma lasers for these two. Pavlov, accompany him. We stick together now, and pray to god there's another shuttle somewhere waiting for us."

And I swear to god, if this mission fails because of the both of you, I will never let you set foot on that ship again. "
    Crow, cover me and the polite life form please. We need to find cover."

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Once steadily flying, Yvette did indeed look at her other scanners and monitors, finding a scan of the main ship. So he wasn't lying, meaning they were probably having plenty of issues on their own and didn't get her emergency signal. She couldn't bring eight more problems aboard the main ship which left her in these peoples hands, a far from ideal situation. Yvette flew in the direction she was supposed to go, ignoring that talk and banter so she could think properly. Currently she was in a bad situation and it only promised to get worse from here. They were going to find out who she was sooner or later, and Yvette didn't know what to expect when they did.

"Call off your men on our ship." She demanded of Janus, her head held high as she did so, not fearing him, at least not on the outside. "Clear our ship so they can repair it and go home and I will save you the headache and tell you who I am. In the meantime you really should listen better." The man had asked her rank, but he should have already known that much given she had said it when trying to buy time. "As I stated before I am just an ensign, nothing important, and no use to you. Though I guess I should be thankful that you chose to keep a lowly ensign alive. Though killing me wouldn't have gotten you much further ahead either." The last couple things that she said were more meant to be thoughts to herself that she had accidentally vocalized in her nervousness. Her heart was pounding in her ears, wondering if she had made the right choices and if she was going to survive this entire thing, but she kept the expression on her face neutral, trying to remain calm as she directed the shuttle not towards her own ship, but the enemies.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

"Right." Crow replied. It was only a matter of time before he had to actually use the gun that he had chosen and now was that time. Crow took aim in the direction of one of the pirates and without intending to, his mind had thought back to when he was trained how to use a gun. Everything that he was told resurfaced in his mind and put to as he started to fire towards one of the pirates, providing cover for Commander Lightwood.

4. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

The unit had opened fire as one and caught the pirates out in the open. Without any cover to protect them the unit of pirates got entirely destroyed. Winters rose from his cover scanned the area for a moment. He walked up to where the leader of the unit had fallen, took out his pistol and shot him one more time "That's for Grayburn" He said softly, he directed his group of people including Pavlov to collect Grayburn's body, as they picked it up he received the communication from the Commander, she didn't sound very happy. Couldn't argue, not that he didn't intend to go support anyways. Frost was given the task of carrying Grayburn, while the others formed up around Pavlov and him to move towards the Commander. "We're already on our way, Ma'am, approaching on a North Eastern vector, if I may make a suggesting fall back in our direction." Winters said before giving a sharp gesture, moving towards the sounds of battle, eyes peeled. He knew he was gonna get **** from the Commander from the tone she had spoken, they'd double time it to her before this went further south than it already had.

5. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Doctor Walter Beowulf Saturday
    "Ignore the pirates, don't surrender the alien, please do risk your life for a stranger" Saturday asked the commander as she helped him up "A plethora of thanks" He said to the people who'd picked him up gratefully. He suddenly grabbed the communicator from Brianne "Hello mister Winters. I'm an unknown life form" he spoke softly and calmly into the communicator "If I may make a suggestion, I'd say we should congregate here. It's an excellent landing zone, why do you think I chose it? Besides, there's only one pirate left" Saturday glanced towards the two soldiers who had dived behind cover. Unfortunately for them, the ruins were incredibly unstable. He turned away from the phone momentarily "Shoot that load-bearing pillar. The one that's almost falling apart. Yep, that one"

Alexei Pavlov
    "I'm not really sure what anyone expects me to do here" Alexei mused to himself. His gun was on the shuttle. And the shuttle was in the sky. As he made his way along with Winters he half-heartedly kicked some dead bodies of pirates. Then he yelped in pain, because his leg still had plasma burns on it. Casually, he got out his phone again and called up the number he'd run earlier "Come on blue, pick up. Everybody here is a boring soldier type"

6. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Irrin raised an eyebrow upon hearing Ana's words and shook his head. Unfortunately, he did not have the authority to order her to put on the protective gear. "Keep your head low." He directed to not only Ana but the other officer present. The comms officer, unlike Ana, had taken Irrin's advice and had already put one of the armored vests on. Quint led the group back towards the steps and headed down to the lower level and to the next checkpoint. The shuttlebay had been where he had detected the first signs of intrusion and, if anything was to be certain, he was sure that there would be some answers up ahead. He took a deep breath and opened the door once making the final security check. Thankfully this time with no errors on the system's part. Irrin stepped onto the shuttlebay deck and lowered his pistol the moment he had sight of his surroundings.

"
    Shit."

[​IMG]

Yet another died when trying to make it back to cover. Being the only member of his team still left standing, the pirate was not going to wait around for his enemy to finish him off as well. At this point his life was more important than the orders of his leader and too many had died for the sake of getting one dammed alien. The Coalition could have their freak. He was going to live. The pirate pulled out his communicator and called in. "No good! The others are down. Get me outta here." His body had only been mostly hidden away behind the damaged wall of a ruined building but through the cracks and holes of the wall rays of light poked through from the pirate's location. When the light vanished so did he, leaving only the corpses of his comrades behind.

[​IMG]

"Sorry, girl. I don't have the authority to call them off. I might be the leader of this little flock here but-"

"Only because you're eight minutes older." The eldest female interrupted.

"But I am not the captain of the ship we're approaching." Janus checked the scanners once more, looking at the readings coming from the Ouranos. "But it looks like you got what you wanted after all. The others seemed to have left your vessel. Guess the boss got what he wanted." He glanced back over at Yvette as the shuttle began to near the docking port of his ship. The shuttlebay doors opened, awaiting for Yvette to bring the shuttle inside. "I'll have some quarters prepared for you. Can't have you spend the entire ride in the brig. Not unless you decide to put up a fight and trust me you don't want to get thrown in the brig. It's not as nice as the one on your fancy Coalition starship." Janus motioned towards his ship.

"Go on, take us in. That's the Antumbra. Fastest ship in the business." Upon closer inspection, the Antumbra was just slightly smaller than the Ouranos. The output from its engines matched that of something which could not possibly be in possession of a crew of pirates. The Antumbra's energy signature could only belong to that of a ship with an Aether Drive. It was a Horizon-Class starship just the same as the Ouranos.

~~~~~

Everyone was dead by the time they had reached the shuttlebay. The still-docked ships had sustained minor damage in what appeared to be a frantic firefight between the security crew and the intruders. Just as Irrin began to holster his gone, silently cursing at himself for being too slow to aid the poor souls who had lost their lives, the lights flickered on. Throughout the decks of the Ouranos power was restored just as quickly as it had been disabled.

Captain Altius spoke through the intercom giving them the status of the ship:

"This is your captain speaking. The biosigns of the intruders have disappeared. Most of the ship's power has been restored but our engines are still down. All engineers report to your stations. Security personnel are to assist the wounded to sickbay. Altius out."

Quint growled lowly and stared at the bodies that lay before them. Someone was going to have to move the bodies. "We..." He took a deep breath, uncomfortably shifting in place. "We need to sort them out and identify the dead." The remains of the Ouranos security would have to placed in "storage" for their bodies to be taken back to their families. His stomach was uneasy. Irrin had never been expecting so much death to happen so soon. It wasn't right.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    He couldn't call the men of the Ouranos. There was no way she could help them from here though she wanted to. Yvette couldn't stop the sinking feeling of failure from settling deep in her stomach as she stared ahead at where she was going. Normally she would love flying, no matter where to or what for, but right now it was only filled with dread. She was flying into the enemy ship while they cleared her, getting what they wanted. Yvette couldn't help but wonder what that would be, couldn't wonder how many died on that ship. And here she was, all she had learned was that these people on this particular shuttle were most likely siblings. Given the words of the eldest girl, he imagined that at least her and Janus were sibling. With the visual similarities between the rest, it wasn't a far stretch to say that they were all siblings here. A squad made up of a family, that would make for interesting dynamics.

"What is it exactly that your boss wanted from us?" Yvette asked, caution in her voice as she did so. Yvette didn't fight about where to direct the ship, doing just as she was told and heading towards the slightly smaller ship to park the vessel. She just hoped to get some answers as she went there. There were more questions to be asked, but Yvette was not willing to push her luck any further. Janus had mentioned getting some living quarters set up for her instead of shoving her in the brig. This made Yvette curious since it meant that they weren't going a short distance. Who cared where they held her if they were traveling for only a day, or even two, but if he was going to get a proper place set up for her, it would probably be longer or else it wouldn't have been worth it. So where exactly were they going? It was another big question that she wanted to know, but not worth pushing her luck over, not yet. Perhaps after she was... well settled in... she guessed she could call it. Though how settled in she could get would depend on what they did when they discovered who she was. This scared Yvette the most.

Scarred or not, Yvette held her head high as she pulled the shuttle into the ship and brought it to a stop, opening the doors when it was safe.

8. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Ana looked at Irrin as he told her and the other officer to "stay low." I mean really, what did you plan on me doing? She hadn't let it be known she was a Maraku, keeping her wings firmly tucked against her shoulders. It had become such a habit even she forgot she had them. She was sure on some file somewhere it had her DNA, her bio-signature, everything about her. Brianne would have made sure in case something happened to her that Ana would be taken care of. Though she would resist that stupid idea about psychotherapy with her wings until the end.

Following
    Irrin into the shuttle bay, she paused, glancing around before looking at the man she had followed as the lights flickered on. It gave her a better view of what had caused him to stop, and what was drawing his attention.

"This is your captain speaking. The biosigns of the intruders have disappeared. Most of the ship's power has been restored but our engines are still down. All engineers report to your stations. Security personnel are to assist the wounded to sickbay. Altius out."

Ana stepped forward, resting a hand on
    Irrin's shoulder as he shifted. Some people were uncomfortable with death, and she understood that. But it didn't bother her. "You should to help get the wounded to the med bay. I can take care of this with him." Ana turned her gaze to the officer that had followed him, her cold gaze daring him to say anything different. She lifted her hand, trying not to prolong what should be a comforting touch for too long. Because touch wasn't comforting, not to her. Stepping forward, she leaned over the nearest body, a Varun. Gently using her fingers, she closed the dead woman's eyes, before patting down the body to check for identification. "May whatever gods you believed in receive you with open arms. You will fade from remembrance, but your actions saved the lives of others. You didn't go in vain." Finding the identification card, she turned and waved at the officer. "My tablet is broken, I need to use yours. I promise it will be returned." But she didn't say in what condition.

[​IMG]
    Clarity wasn't sure how long she had been lying on the ground, letting her emotions run out of her eyes in the form of liquid tears. She couldn't be bothered to honestly care. The sound of her phone, buzzing against the floor, caught her attention. She wiped her eyes and lifted herself up onto her elbows, reaching across the dark space. "Hello?" She whispered, her voice ragged, every word costing her in the form of pain and effort. Just then she heard the captain over the loudspeaker, announcing that the intruders had left.

Clarity shuddered, slowly getting to her knees, then her feet, the phone still pressed to her ear. "
    Alexei, there was this guy.." She took a deep breath, trying to find the core of steel that normally surrounded her. "Is the sound of my voice just so satisfying to you that you can't help but long for it every second of your existence?" She tried to cloak herself in her sarcasm, even though it couldn't hide the way her hand trembled. "I have to go." She whispered, ending the call and letting her phone slip into her pocket before walking to the table. She would have patients soon, and she needed to be ready. If not ready, then at least stable. They were counting on her.

[​IMG]
    Brianne had been in the midst of her thoughts, somewhat amused by the alien's mannerisms, trying to command her team, and cataloging her own injuries. During all of that, taking up space in her brain, the alien had grabbed her communicator and began speaking to Winters. It was just as well, really. While the fault lay with her for letting Winters take his entire squad, not leaving anyone behind to guard the ship, she also blamed him for 1) not realizing the error, 2) refusing to split up his squad and 3) not getting back there. Now their pilot and their shuttle was gone, and she would have to make a report to the Captain. Not to mention she had no idea at this moment how to get Yvette back. How stupid had the girl been, to let herself get captured instead of simply shutting the loading dock to the shuttle with Alexei and flying off until they could go back to assist?

Brianne sighed, running her fingers through her hair and looking at her wounded shoulder. It still burned, irritating her and making her angrier, if possible, though she wouldn't let it show. No, she would put herself through the VI of her life when she got back. "Do as the good
    alien demands, Winters. Meet us here. Hopefully we can get in touch with the Captain and get another shuttle here. We're going to have a lot of talking to do." Pushing down the hot rage that filled her core, she turned and let her head rest against the pillar, not missing the light that had taken the last pirate. This day was anything but normal, and she couldn't help but worry whether Ana was alright. The Maraku could hide behind her blank looks and inability to feel all she wanted, but Brianne had seen the softer side, and she knew the girl would be reeling when she returned. She would have to make sure she didn't do anything stupid.

9. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

There were some odd sounds as a new voice spoke through the Communicator "Greetings lifeform, got a name? It bugs me when I don't know names and have to refer to folks in all kinds of different manners for an extended time." He listened to the suggestion and wasn't gonna explain why he had made his. If the commander wanted support quicker then if the converged it would be there quicker. The Commander then came back telling him that they had a lot of talking to do, only confirming his gut feeling."Understood converging on your position Ma'am. Winters out." He looked over the people with him, something caught his eye and he wondered why he hadn't noticed it earlier. Pavlov being bored out of his bloody mind was calling someone, the lad didn't carry a weapon. "Pavlov, what the hell happened to your weapon?" Winters asked, the lad had had a machine gun on him and they were something that you always noticed leaving behind somewhere, a little liberating really, but still. He waited for the lads response. "Well, since Grayburn bought the farm we got a weapon free, might keep you occupied a little bit." He turned to Hackett "Give him a HESU, swap one out if you have to, but make it happen." Hackett then made sure to get Pavlov a HESU as they headed for their RV point. Winters would chat with the lad, but they were still in an active combat zone, no telling ho wmany pirates were left and chatting would be a distraction, something that he didn't want at this point.

10. Arch Mana Knight

4 Hours Later

[​IMG]

Almira's eyes flashed over from
    Commander Lightwood towards the others in the Briefing Room. Her senior staff, excluding her Chief of Engineering Lieutenant Commander Blackthorn(who was still busy with the other engineers getting the ship back to shape) were all present. Clarity, Dietrich, Ana, Irrin, and their surprise guest who called himself Doctor Saturday, were seated around the table with her at the head. The Ryve symbiont in Captain Altius's head scratched at the back of her mind with suggestions to punish Brianne and Dietrich for allowing the capture of Yvette but under the circumstances in which they found themselves in, there had been more than a few "surprises". The Coalition Flagship, the most advanced starship in the fleet, was easily disabled by a mere pirate ship and, according to the sensor logs retrieved from their computers, the ship had been Horizon Class just as the Ouranos. It simply was not possible yet the proof was undeniable.

Eighteen of her people dead. Another twenty-six injured. A kidnapped ensign and a stolen shuttle. A separate shuttle had to be dispatched to retrieve the landing party after most of the damage control on the Ouranos had been completed. "
    We must go after them. Not only must these marauders be brought to justice but one of our own has been taken from us. We must get Yvette back."

The Captain looked to her officers. "
    What do we have to work with?"

[​IMG]

"If I may interject, the last known heading of the pirate vessel was on a course running close to the planet Xhan. The virus used to attack me--the systems of the Ouranos I mean--contained code quite similar in design to that in use by the Xen."

"If that is where they obtained their virus to cripple us then we never had a chance to defend against it."

"Furthermore, upon examining the report from Inspector Quint along with my interior analysis of the Ouranos, our attackers have managed a way to transport themselves directly onto the Ouranos while the shields were down. The initial attack at the shuttlebay was only meant to serve as a diversion. One of the pirates accessed several files from the main computer and downloaded a copy of what was accessed."

"And what was accessed, Ritter?"

"Entries relating the collective histories of all five Coalition worlds. There are no threats to security within those files however."

"I am not willing to believe that our people were killed by a bunch of violent historians. Find us a lead to work with."

[​IMG]

"In any case, we can't expect to head after them right away. Our engineers and Ritter may have found a way to prevent one virus from taking our systems down a second time but it won't stop a new one from doing the same. The Ouranos computer is in need of a major security upgrade." Irrin shifted in his seat knowing exactly what such a suggestion would entail. Even if it made him uncomfortable the trip would have to be made if they were to bring Yvette back. More would die if they made a hasty attack on the pirate vessel while they were unprepared for another encounter.

"
    Xhan is on the same path the pirates took. As much as I would love to blame their kind for the attack on this ship I doubt they were willing participants in the affair. It would only delay us two or three days. Yvette had been taken alive. There's no reason to believe she will be killed during the time we make our stop." Quint glanced over at Saturday, the alien brought on board along with the remaining landing party. He still had no idea how this stranger fit into all of this but at least the alien seemed to be friendly. He hoped that Commander Lightwood and Lieutenant Commander Winters would have enough sense to keep an eye on Saturday on the off chance that he was hostile.

"
    I recommend we go to Xhan while repairs and the wounded are being tended to. I believe we need the time to recover."

Captain Altius nodded in agreement as she clasped her hands and lowered her head in contemplation. "
    Winters, escort our new guest Doctor Saturday to his quarters. I apologize first contact with you was not under better circumstances and wish that I had more time to speak with you but there are other matters I must turn my attention to. Please, make yourself comfortable." Her eyes glanced over toward Brianne. "Head to engineering, Commander Lightwood. If they do no require another set of fresh hands then remain there as a precautionary measure. I don't want anymore surprises appearing suddenly while repairs are still being made." Next, the Captain turned towards their Chief of Medicine. "Clarity, I have kept you here long enough. You may return to your duties at sickbay."

"
    Lieutenant Jereck and Inspector Quint, I want you two to work together to gather more information on those pirates. Do anything short of tearing the ship apart in search of clues."

"
    Aye."

"
    Dismissed." Without further word, Altius left to return to her place on the bridge.

[​IMG]

Janus took a much needed deep breath of fresh ship air once he stepped outside of his commander's office. Any prolonged exposure to the man made Janus uncomfortable and wanting to claw at the nearest exit. He refused to believe that one of the Varuna could be so intimidating. At least the man allowed Janus some time to access the computer before their meeting to look up the file of this "Ensign Greer" woman. It seemed Janus's intuition had been correct and he had seen her before. He could not recall the even but Janus had seen the image of her alongside the Royal Family of Tyche. Though Yvette was not a princess, she technically was royalty. Around here, that was worth something.

Janus headed through the corridors after making a quick stop to storage to pick up a packet of rations. Not the most appetizing thing considering it was barely more than a tasteless cookie meant for delivering the maximum amount of nutrients in a form that was somewhat appeasing. At least it was better than the other variation that resembled a small energy bar which was far too bitter for many to take a bite out of without spitting it all out immediately. He stopped in front of the door of
    Yvette's quarters and motioned for the guard to stand aside. The guard refused to move and simply pointed at the pistol strapped to Janus's side.

"
    What? You think I'll be disarmed by her?" The guard remained silent and continued to block his entry. Janus sighed and relented, pulling his gun out and handing it over to the guard before knocking on the door. "Hope you're decent in there. I'm coming in. I've brought sustenance." Janus unlocked the door from the outside after a moment's pause and headed inside, holding up the packet of tasteless rations with one hand as he closed the door behind him with the other.

"
    I was never given the chance to study etiquette when addressing royalty. What do I call you? Dame Greer? Miss Greer? Duchess? Baroness? Do you even have a title?"

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The room was too small and stuffy for Yvette's taste. While she generally was not particularly picky, she did like having enough room to spread her wings, something she did not have here. This had gotten on Yvette's nerves but it was still better than being shoved into a cell and locked up the entire time. That being said the room was not that much better given she was still locked in, guarded and had no real privacy. The cream walls were boring to stare at, the window only made her long to be in the pilots seat, and the desk and bed were nothing special to look at. This meant that Yvette found herself lost in her thought instead, leaving the small dull room behind, even as she paced the floor.

Upon landing she had observed several species of beings aboard the ship that she was not familiar with. They were not part of the coalition, and outside that Yvette had not seen enough of the universe to know of all the species. She found her mind working to try to estimate what their worlds may be like and likely threat level. However given that they were all armed, no matter how big or small they were, and they had taken her only weapon from her, that meant that they were all a threat to her, she would have to be as careful as she could.

Unable to stop pacing or thinking, Yvette decided to try and do something somewhat productive in the time that she had been left alone. She started to search the room for any possible supplies. She was not given much in her room. While there was a desk and a chair, there was no reading or writing material. There was a bed with sheets and blankets, but she couldn't really make use of those. The area that was declared a bathroom, despite the lack of privacy, only held what she absolutely needed and no extras. So that took away anything from the room as useful. There was no way she had enough things to build a proper trap in the room if someone were to come in, but perhaps she could at least make a warning bell so as no one could sneak up on her while she slept.

First Yvette undid the ribbon the held her copper/auburn hair up and out of her face, allowing her hair to fall free down her back showing it's true length and beautiful waves that her mother had always been particularly proud that he daughter inherited. She then removed the necklace that she kept hidden beneath her clothing at all times. This was followed by a pin on her uniform that the top half now hung around her waste, leaving Yvette to move more freely, though that meant walking around in just her undershirt. That being said they were most likely monitoring her, and that meant at one point or another they would likely catch a glimpse of a lot more skin then she was showing now. Perhaps it was unbecoming of someone with her title, but Yvette couldn't bring herself to care.

Yvette had been standing on a chair, stringing the ribbon that now had her pin attached, and her necklace to the ceiling, when there was a knock at the door. Taking one last quick look to make sure that everything was secure, she hopped off the chair and shoved it back into position by the desk, only a second before her door opened. Her warning bell jingled as
    Janus opened the door and while it was not as loud as she had hoped it to be, it was better then nothing. Perhaps later she would see if there was something she could do to make the hinges squeak as well. She wanted to make sure she would wake up if anyone tried to enter her room.

When
    Janus started speaking, a slight scowl found it's way to Yvettes lips. She knew from the moment that she had stepped foot on this ship that he would look into who she was and discover it. That didn't mean she was happy about it, or wanted it to be acknowledge. "Just Yvette is fine. I do have a title, but it matters little. If you want to use a title then use Ensign. I may be a member of the royal family, but for the next couple years I am a lowly ensign with the coalition and nothing more. Well that is if you haven't ruined that for me with this little stunt of yours. Now mind telling me why I am here." Even as she stated her claim against being treated as royalty, Yvette still held herself in such a way that her high upbringing was clear. Her posture was perfect and her head was held high as she paced the small space that she had to walk in her room. It would probably pay not to bite the hand that fed her, but she was already getting stir crazy in this room and she didn't really feel like pleasantries at this time, especially not when she was being dragged back into the world that she thought that she could take a break from. She supposed her father was right after all. No matter what she did or how far she ran for how long, she couldn't escape what was in her blood. The blood of the royal family. And yet she still had tried only for it to follow her as soon as she got out in the field.

12. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Doctor Walter Beowulf Saturday
    Saturday leaned back in his chair, feet on the table, eating grapes. He wasn't quite sure where he'd found the grapes. In fact, he wasn't quite sure what grapes were "I must say, I'm impressed by the level of technology this ships runs on. It far surpasses that of any other alien vessel I've encountered" he mused out loud to the aliens, while staring fixedly at a small section of wall. He seemed fascinated by every aspect of the ship "As for your unfortunate security breach, is it possible that you were carrying information that the AI doesn't know about, or won't tell you? Computers can easily be programmed to ignore things, or keep them secret. Perhaps you had leaked footage of the next Avengers movie. Or maybe top secret information of the captain's guilty pleasures" he leaned in close to Commander Lightwood "She probably has a secret teddy bear" he whispered conspiringly. Hopping off the chair and onto his feet, Saturday stood , hands on his cane, looking expectantly at Winters.

Alexei Pavlov
    As soon as Clarity had responded Alexei noticed there was something wrong. She sounded in pain, and even though she joked, it had barely a hint of humour in it. "Do you need, like, a lozenge, or some hot tea, or something?" Alexei tried to joke, but even that was hollow and half-hearted "Uh... ah f*ck it, I can't joke about this. You look out for yourself, okay?" Alexei said as Clarity hung up. She sounded serious
    4 Hours later
    In the engine room of the ship, Ensign Pavlov knelt next to a capacitor, with a spanner in hand, looking like he was working. In actual fact he wasn't working, but it was always good to give the impression of productivity.

13. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Ana sat with her hands in her lap, keeping them under the table to mask the fidgeting she was currently doing. She hated meetings like this. The reunion with Brianne had been short, but sweet enough for her. Just the right amount of time to make sure they were both unharmed, (mostly, in Brianne's case), and still in one piece before they were separated by the necessities that came with repairing the ship. Ana's expertise had been needed at one of the control panels, where she had to explain the various compounds and elements that were used to make the board itself, before pointing out that a wire had come lose and was stuck inside one of said compounds. A simple mistake even an engineer could have spotted, but currently most of them were off doing other, more important things apparently.

And then she had been called to the meeting. She had little to report, other then what she and
    Irrin had experienced, but she had let him do the explaining. It was simpler that way. It was interesting that the man wanted to go to Xhan, of all places, but she felt no impulse to comment. Maybe later, when she had time to analyze his facial expressions and voice patterns. It was so much more fun that way, after all. Waiting until the captain left, she glanced at Brianne, and decided to save that storm for later as well. Getting to her feet, she adjusted her shirt against her body, feeling her wings flutter against her back before turning and exiting as well, her mind already swirling on where to get started. Clues....She turned and began to walk towards the place where she had literally melted the pirate who had dared to touch her. Perhaps remnants of his body's molecular make up would give her some place to start.

[​IMG]
    Clarity had gotten very little done before she had been called to meet with Captain Altius, and debriefed. Alexei's concern had touched her, but she couldn't focus on it, not for long without remembering why he was concerned. And that would have set off another wave of panic she was hardly equipped to handle. Instead, she tried to throw herself into getting her supplies together, into preparing for the wounded to arrive. And when they had, time had actually managed to pass much more quickly as she worked to fix burns, sew together gashes, and disinfect other injuries to try and get the crew on their way to one hundred percent again.

The meeting itself, she hadn't wanted to attend. But her input was necessary in order to try and understand what had happened. She had described it as quickly as possible, elaborating where she could but trying not to see what had happened in her mind's eye as she spoke. Afterwards, she had simply fallen silent, staring at the table as she listened to Captain
    Altius and Irrin talk. She had little interest in what they were saying, other then when she was told to return to her station. Removing herself from the room quietly, she walked back to the medical bay, checking over another patient's vitals before putting something into their chart, quietly typing away on the pad before moving on to the next.

[​IMG]
    Brianne had barely spoken as they returned to the ship. She really had nothing to say, and focused her attention on watching the alien interact with the others and keeping her thoughts safely roaming around inside her head. Once they had returned, she had refused medical attention, instead telling the staff to focus on the others, and walking around the ship, helping to move the injured where she could, and remove debris as she was able. Then she had gone to both debrief and be debriefed by Captain Altius. That had been painful to sit through, admitting her failure in keeping her entire crew safe, and her inability to keep from trusting the wrong people. A mistake she wouldn't make again. Because of it, Captain Altius wanted to rescue the Ensign who had been taken. Brianne couldn't lie, she felt a surge of resentment towards this statement. When Ana had been taken by slavers, when she herself had been captured, there hadn't been a rescue put into place for them. No, they had been left to die. Why would this girl be any more important then them?

Still, she held her tongue. She would not jeopardize her position by openly questioning her captain. That was best served later, when privacy was available. Instead, she did her best to sit still, keeping her face calm, only glancing towards the
    alien when he commented on her having a secret. "The things I hide would chill you to your core." She told him softly. Ana stood, and she could feel the girl's gaze on her. Brianne ignored it, becoming stone. She waited until the girl had left before she too stood, walking out as quickly as possible. Heading towards engineering, she ignored the pain in her arm, ignored the stares and salutes of those around her. After she had finished helping, she was going to spend a lot of time in that VI room.

14. Ghost King's Apprentice

[​IMG]

Ara-Li was silent as she made her way through the ship. She was in the armory with three security ensigns instruction them on which weapons would best suit them when the sirens went off. Two of the ensigns had ran of to defend the ship before she could advice them other wise of splitting from the group. When it was all over the two that had left were killed and the other was injured but together the four of them had managed to take down the intruders they had encountered. Ara-Li clenched her fist. They would have all survived if they had just stayed together.

After dropping off the injured ensign off at the sickbay she began to make her way down to engineering to ensure that those down there were all well.
    "Take me to Deck 6, Ritter." She instructed before he could ask. Ara-Li was accompanied only by her own thoughts on the way down, even more so when she arrived at her destination only to find someone she didn't not think the be there. "Commander." The woman composed herself and gave a quick salute. "I was not expecting to find you here."

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  15. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Since meeting up with the Commander again he had done as little as possible in the way of possibly angering her. Back on board he had immediatly grabbed a hot shower, made his report, saw to the paperwork regarding Grayburns death and had gotten back into the lighter armour he wore on board, eventhough the ship was protected with shields and several inches of armour plating. He had headed for the briefing room and attended the debriefing, he had defended his actions down there and knew full well there were gonna be repercussions for him. The fact they were going to launch a rescue mission for an ensign was a curious little note, but he refrained from remarking or questioning, he had already done enought today to piss everyone off, it did mean that if she were so special he really was gonna have it coming, but it seemed there were some unusual circumstances that might add a little leniency.

He tried to figure out what they could be after accesing that data. If there wasn't anything important in there for them they wouldn't go out of their way to get it, unless that was a false flag. The technology to just deploy forces without shuttles did pique his interest. If the Coalition had that sort of tech, Dietrich could only dream of their increased capability in logistics and troop deployment, that technology may well be decades away for the Coalition to acquire unless they could capure this ship to reverse engineer it. He was then ordered by the Captain to escort Doctor Saturday towards his quarters. The Alien lifeform was resting both hands on his cane and looking expectantly at him. Dietrich couldn't surpress a smile "Alright, come with me, Mr Saturday" Dietrich said leading the way.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

In the 4 hours that had passed since they got back onto the Ouranos, a lot had been on Crow's mind. Namely in regards to the alien that they had brought aboard the ship. Disregarding the fact that their other pilot had apparently gotten captured during the mission, which kinda showed that his choosing to following Commander Lightwood was a good thing cause he likely would've been able to do even less that he did going with them and that's saying something cause he pretty much did jackshit with Commander Lightwood up until they found the alien.

All and all he was still pretty perplex on this whole situation and choose to stop thinking about it for the time being and instead focus on the work that's been sitting in front of him for the last couple of minutes. That only lasted a short while when someone else had entered the medical bay. It was the blue girl from before they had gone on the mission. Crow glanced down once at the work that was in front of him. He probably should focus on that but, he instead decided to save it for later and got up to walk towards Clarity.
    "Hello, I don't think we're been properly introduced. I'm Crow." He didn't notice it at first, but something seemed to be off about her this time around.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  17. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

The course had been set and the Ouranos had departed for Xen territory. "Aeros, when we arrive at our destination you will be taking a shuttle down to the surface. The crew going with you has not been finalized yet but I will heading down as well." Captain Altius stared down at the screen on the console of her chair as Ritter relayed information directly from the team working on analyzing the intruder's guns. While some appeared to be modified weapons stolen from the Coalition, others appeared to be entirely foreign in nature. She had a gut feeling the answers behind this would be located somewhere on Xhan, the homeworld of a hermetic cybernetic species. While she could have sent Quint down with a security team to investigate such an action would likely be taken as an act of aggression. No, this would require a more delicate hand especially if they were to arrive unannounced to the Xen homeworld. If they were guilty of plotting against the Coalition then she did not want to give them the time to clean their hands of their involvement by letting them know of the Ouranos's visit.

"
    Did you know Yvette at the academy, Ensign Rivera?" Her eyes did not move from the screen on the armrest of her seat. As a pilot of equal rank, it was possible that Aeros had been in several classes with Yvette. Though the institution was quite large, it was not a possibility she was going to dismiss so easily. Almira had her suspicions as to why Yvette had been kidnapped but with no solid lead, there could only be speculation. As an ensign, she would not be privy to any knowledge that would be a security risk. "Did she ever openly mention her life on her homeworld?"

[​IMG]

Irrin followed after Ana, his thoughts filled with images of his last encounter with the Xen. During his time commanding the Elanus he had escorted a famed ambassador from his world to make peace talks with the cybernetic race. By that time, they no longer appeared to as frightening metallic skeletal beings but, rather, took the appearance of what they seemed to associate with "perfect" features belonging to members of his race. Not a single blemish could ever be found on their all-too-smooth skin and their eyes were too brightly colored to be natural. The peace talks ended in failure and during the firefight that ensued the ambassador suffered a nearly fatal wound causing her to end her career due to the experience. News of the incident traveled no further than his homeworld which only placed the blame on the Xen for the attack. Irrin could hardly disagree.

Once both he and Ana stepped onto the cargo section he left the science officer to run her scans to move to where the scraps of the pirate drone had been scattered. The weapons belonging to the intruders had been locked away in storage for him to inspect later but some sections of the ship had been closed off to prevent damaging of the remaining evidence. "
    Ritter, what can you tell me about the serial number of this drone?" The etchings on the inside of the wrecked drone casing were burned and warped from the gunfire but it was still readable to him. After reading off the long list of numbers, dashes, letters and their respective cases, and other symbols there was a brief pause in the response time from the computer AI.

"
    No match of this classification system can be found in the Coalition Databases."

Just as he expected. "
    Access the Pandoan Archives. Use my security clearance."

"
    According to the Archives, a similar classification system was last seen in use by Xen-created drones."

"
    And I'm going to bet we'll find that the weapons those pirates were using use their numbering as well." Irrin scratched his chin, thinking over it to himself in silence. Despite the tensions between their two peoples the Xen would never launch an attack against a Coalition starship. Other races were never dragged into their quarrels and he had a hard time believing they would willingly share their technology with any species no matter what the incentives were. Regardless of what he believed the evidence had already begun to point in one direction.

Taking a moment to drop the piece of metal and stand Quint looked over towards Ana. "
    Any luck over there, Miss Jereck?"

[​IMG]

Janus raised an eyebrow at the tone in Yvette's voice and the defiance set in her eyes. If she was afraid she was doing a good job at hiding it. "You know, I would hardly consider being an ensign serving aboard the Coalition flagship a lowly position. Let me guess, you came out here to the vast reaches of space to prove yourself? That you're not some wealthy damsel in distress with her nose stuck up so high it reaches the ceiling." Janus outstretched his arms in a wide gesture. "Well look where you are now. Captured. Not doing such a good job proving yourself are you?" The man lowered his arms and motioned toward the ration he had given her.

"
    It's not as appetizing as whatever must be on the Ouranos but it'll keep you alive." Janus spoke, continuing to ignore Yvette's question for as long as he could just to remind her she was in no position to be making demands. The less defiant she was the better her chances for surviving the ordeal was. Janus leaned back against the door, his arms folded as he eyed the ensign who would stick out like a sore thumb should she be allowed to leave her quarters due to her Corps uniform.

"
    To be perfectly honest, I don't know why we needed a prisoner aboard. As far as I know, the commander of this vessel has no plans to interrogate, torture, or execute you. If I were you, I'd consider not meeting him a blessing."

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    A laugh reached Yvette's lips and Janus took a guess at what brought her to the coalition. She was quite entertained by his assumptions on her life really. "Clearly you have not spent much time on our home world then. I don't think anyone would call me a damsel in distress. Perhaps irresponsible, reckless, or stupid, but never a damsel in distress. I came to the far reaches of space to get a break from being treated like royalty. Sometimes even the most powerful of us just wish to be normal for a little while." Yvette admitted. It seemed like a safe enough thing to say. It didn't really say anything of importance about anyone.

Finally Yvette took a seat on her bed when
    Janus rested against the back wall. Pacing was getting her no where and only made the room seem even smaller. He tried to encourage her to eat the food once more, but food was the furthest thing from Yvette's mind. She had learned to keep a straight calm face and appearance in any situation, but her stomach was still doing twists. It felt like she would be sick the moment she ate anything, so she passed it off. It was how her nerves manifested themselves, in the pit of her stomach. If this went on long enough, hunger would overpower nerves and she would eat, but currently she wasn't hungry enough for that to happen. Yvette couldn't even stand looking at the food at this point and instead focused on Janus just to keep her mind off of how sick she actually felt from this whole situation.

Calm, cool and collected, three things she needed to be, three words she repeated in her mind before choosing to speak again, keeping her voice even and her gaze almost bored.
    "Funny that you are questioning it, were you not the one who took me prisoner because I looked slightly familiar to you? Should you not know why you are keeping the prisoner that you took? And I doubt they would kill me or interrogate me anyways. I mean think about it. Killing the Princess of Tyche's only daughter would only start a war that would bring the coalition to your doorsteps to kill all of you before you knew what hit you. I am only an ensign, so interrogating me would lead to no useful information, and torture is usually used as a form of getting information wanted. We already established that I don't have any useful information. So what then? Ransom maybe? If that is the case, they can't hurt me. Any way I look at it, I am pretty safe. Unless your boss is one of those twisted people who just like to hurt and use girls for fun, to get it on or whatever. But from what little I have seen of the ship, it is far to organized to be run by someone that twisted." Yvette fleshed out her reasoning why she should feel somewhat safe. Though her words sounded carefully thought out and calm, Yvette was making this all up on the spot and trying to convince herself it was true. Trying to convince herself that she was safe.

"What are their plans with me then. It seems like you have some importance around here and you were the one to take me prisoner. I would like at least a little information so I can prepare myself for whats to come. Surely you would have that much mercy." Yvette hoped he would at least. If something bad was going to happen to her, she wanted to know before hand, she liked being prepared even if it was for the worst. Though Janus had already avoided the question once, so this didn't bode well for her.

19. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Everything receded from Ana's mind the moment she crouched in front of the puddle of human related goo. Everything except the problem that lay in front of her, the issue of who these people were, why they had done this. She felt bad for the girl they had apparently taken, sure. But Ana had been a captive for most of her life. She would have rather died then gone back. But that was a matter to discuss with Brianne, who was already more then upset over it. Instead she pulled out her tablet, having replaced the cracked one, and held it over the puddle singed into the floor. As the screen identified and separated the compounds involved, she used her finger to push them to the other side of the tablet in order to keep the main image free as her eyes focused on it.

Nothing out of the ordinary had appeared, on this particular soldier, anyway. There were some drugs in his system, a little bit of alcohol, but given his profession it wasn't that strange. What had been strange was his lack of fighting skills. Had he really underestimated her so much that she had been able to take her out so easily? A frown slipped onto her face as she considered, getting to her feet and swiping across the tablet one last time to make sure she hadn't missed anything. A voice, speaking her name, caught the barest of her attention, and she turned to face Irrin, the frown still on her face.
    "Nothing out of the ordinary." She replied, her eyes distant as she still considered her own thoughts before carefully putting them aside as well for later consideration. "Perhaps one of us should talk to the medic, the one that had the encounter. She might have some cells from her attacker still on her we could submit to the lab as a sample?"

[​IMG]
    Clarity glanced at Crow, a singular eyebrow raising as she looked at the man who had approached her. Did he not see she was busy? Whether or not it was actually true was irrelevant, honestly. She didn't want to be bothered by introductions or concerns when her mind was full of nightmarish thoughts and her hands were covered in blood as she scrubbed yet another surgical table clean. "I know who you are. I would be a terrible commander if I didn't have an idea of who was working under me. At least then when you stab me in the back or mutiny I know who to come find." She looked from him back down to the table, focusing on a particularly stubborn corner. "If you've finished sorting through the patients' medical records, you can start doing the rounds. Make sure they are sleeping, or at least comfortable, and no one is bleeding out."

Clarity turned back to her table squeezing the stained water into the basin before scrubbing once more. She didn't think Crow would argue with her orders, and figured he would leave to do as she said, leaving her back to her thoughts.

[​IMG]
    Brianne turned slightly when she heard her title uttered. The speaker was someone she hadn't yet personally worked with, but recognized from the ship's manifest. "I would expect me to be everywhere, if I were you, Miss Roe. That way you will always do your best work and never be unpleasantly surprised." Brianne considered the other female for a moment before turning away. "Do you have a current task at the moment? If not I would ask that you join me. We will be repairing the damage done by the pirates while the Captain plots our next course. Unless you are looking for her. Then I suggest you walk to the bridge, I believe she was headed there."

20. Ghost King's Apprentice

[​IMG]

Of course, Ara-Li always did her best work. Though, she wasn't one to speak against her higher ups, despite their usually lower status lower status. The woman folded her. She held her hands behind her back, regaining her usual patrolling posture as the Commander turned away from her.
    "I came to check on the state of those down here." Saying this she began to realized that she hadn't acquainted herself with most of the crew, especially her fellow security officers. "I could repair the damage along with you and then carry on my way, Ma'am."

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.