Tʜᴇ Jᴜᴋᴇʙᴏx ♪ Share your favorite tunes... or find new ones!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ars Nova, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

And yes, for the record, this is pretty much the Music Trade/Request/Review Thread Mk. II. Simplified and streamlined, and most importantly I can edit the OP again :L

Aᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Jᴜᴋᴇʙᴏx, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏ...
    • Share songs you enjoy (and tell us what you like about 'em)
    • Tag members who you think would most enjoy them
    • Comment on other recommendations you liked
    • Request music of any kind: by type, by genre, by instrument, by singing style (or lack thereof), etc.

Aᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Jᴜᴋᴇʙᴏx, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ...
    • Insult others' taste in music
    • Embed videos of any kind (unless it's under a spoiler)
    • Go crazy with tags or songs

A log of recommendations and requests sorted by member will be kept below for easy reference. I'll add a few of my own to start...

Ars Nova
    Ienzo
    Makaze
    Ars Nova

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Recommendation: The Correspondents
    I will recommend a few songs in particular but this band are seriously amazing, I have yet to be disappointed by them, their music is not only meaningful but is just great to listen to and their style varies so much that every song is new and I absolutely love it. They aren't very well known which saddens me a lot because they are immense but they deserve so much more than what they have.

Songs that I would definitely recommend:
    Fear and Delight (the video to this one is just beyond words, I just love it : D)
    Washington square (This was the first song of theirs I heard so I will always have a soft spot for it)
    Alarm Call (Again, the talent in this video- the singer painted each picture and the song is just lovely)
    Well Measured Vice (More talent, more drawing. Music video yes. Song yes. Amazing.)

But they recently brought out an album that you can listen to here and I think the best songs on this one are "Puppet Loosely strung" and "Devil's lighthouse".

I can't really define their genre but I suppose it's sort of electroswing sometimes with a 1920s twist. Also, the way that guy dances is just so mesmerising.

Christhor was the one who showed them to me ages ago xD and I think @anelg needs to listen to the album at long last >:3

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

RECOMMENDATION: of Montreal

A band with elements of funk, pop, and something surreal of their own that can't be described. The band I listen to when I want to lift my spirits or take life less seriously.

Overall Rating: 9/10

Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?
    The Sunlandic Twins
    Skeletal Lamping

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Dace Gavin Dance

Summary

Dance Gavin Dance for nearly a decade has been my go-to band when it comes to the hardcore/post-hardcore genre. What Dance Gavin Dance does so well as a band is mix two different types of vocals (by quite literally having two vocalists), that being one clean and one scream. This is very similar to the root or lower end of a piano or band provided a very much needed structure to the sound. By extension the "dirty" or screaming vocals actually highlights the clean vocals in a very pleasing way.

The other important thing to note about Dance Gavin Dance is that over the years they have switched vocalists (a lot). It is generally agreed upon that the two best clean vocalists from Dance Gavin Dance are Tilian Pearson and Jonny Craig. Tilian providing a very solid upper register, while Jonny provides a more raspy soul inspired tone. Both are great.

Songs

Inspire the Liars:

We own the Night

And I Told Them I Invented Times New Roman:

Lemon Meringue Tie:

Final Thoughts
    Jonny vs Tilian be damned, Dance Gavin Dance has been an incredible band for the past decade and hasn't let me down. These songs are great to rock out to, fantastic for when you are working out, or if you just wanna take your mind away from the world and feel the music.

My Score: 9.5/10