Symphony

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Fellangel, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fellangel Bichael May

[​IMG]
    Sasha perked up as she heard a new voice. She quickly turned to the girl and grabbed her hand before shaking it. "Hello there! Nice to meetcha! I'm Sasha. Great to see another friendly face here!"

[​IMG]
    Kiane sighed and shook her head. "Man...how fast she turns is still a mystery to me. Anyways, I should thank you all for befriending Sasha so well."

Right after that, the loudspeakers all over the square turned on as the sun disappeared behind the mountains. "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your attendance to this event. As stated, we shall have our final event. Please welcome the previous winners of the Symphonic National Competition!" The crowd bursted into applause as the stage filled with the 20 previous winners.

"Ooh look everybody! They're about to start! Good thing we got a good spot to see them at!" Coincidentally, the fountain where they were at had a direct view distance to the stage.

The members on stage took a bow before taking their places. "For tonight's performance, we shall be playing the 5th Symphony by no other than Beethoven himself." On that queue, the members raised their instruments and started to play.

As they played the song, their instruments created large musical notes that floated off the stage and all around the crowd, some flying high into the sky. As the music intensified, so did the notes as more and more of them flew around the crowd. Right at the climax, the notes then bursted into the air like fireworks. lighting up the sky with colors. The crowd cheered and applauded as the members once more bowed and left the stage. "Thank you all for a wonderful night! Please stay as long as you wish until the night is over!"

Sasha cheered with excitement as the performance ended. "Wow! So great!" She looked up at the sky and then back to the group. "As much as I want to stay and spend the rest of the night with you guys, I need to head on to my room now." With a flip of her phone and a few clicks, she smiled and put it away. "Hehe I sent my numbers to you all in case if you guys wanna plan something. Other than that, I'm off! I'll be in one of the hotels in the east side of the city. Perhaps we can meet up here again tomorrow. Goodbye, friends! Don't fall behind Kiane!" Like that, she sent off towards the crowd that was headed towards the transportation stations.

Kiane nodded and turned back to the group as well. "With her going, I must follow her along as well. Please call her if you guys can. It's been a long time since she had friends." With a somewhat doubtful smile, she bowed towards them and followed along Sasha.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

To Ari's surprise, it was already time for the concert! She hadn't realized how quickly the time had been passing. The crowds grew tighter, but the fountain where the group all stood still offered prime viewing as the past winners of the SNC took the stage, all smiles and waves. Notably, Ari recognized the winner from two years ago, a classical pianist who was about five years older than Ari, and had gone through the same schools as she did. All the girls she knew back home in Origo (and Trey) gushed about how handsome he was, and Ari's family and friends had supported him in the SNC vitriolically. Ari could see that he was handsome, yeah, but she wasn't really that into him...even if his original piano music was the stuff of the gods.

She didn't need the emcee's announcement to recognize the powerful opening chords of Beethoven's dramatic Fifth Symphony. The performance was masterful, of course, but the holographic music notes and ensuing fireworks accompanying the song were what really took her breath away. There'd never been anything like this at home!

She could barely wait until the music had ended to applaud and holler out her excitement. Over the noise of the crowd, Sasha shouted that she and Kiane were going home and sent the group her phone number before skipping off, Kiane in tow. Ari pulled out her own phone; sure enough, there was a notification with Sasha's contact details. She poked a few buttons on her phone and likewise sent her contact details out to the group. "Here's my number and stuff," she said, struggling to make herself heard over the commotion. "Any of you staying at the Inn Harmonia nearby? That's where my parents made reservations for me. It would be nice to walk with anyone if they're going that direction."

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Before Alisa could reply to the two girls that hand spoken to her, the concert had started and the crowd around the fountain had gotten a bit more close together. here was still room for her to see the stage were the concert was going on and enough space for her to not be uncomfortable, but the real issue for her was that it made it harder for her to find her brother within the mass of people. She knew that he was some where in the crowd, after all he wouldn't leave her along unless he knew that she was with someone that they both could trust.

Nonetheless she would have to worry about that after the concert for the show and the music had begun and Alisa'a attention was immediately drawn to it. As some of the musical notes floated over heard of the crowd, Alisa tried to reach out and grab one. They always popped into brilliant lights before she could, but she didn't stop trying.

The concert eventually ended and the crowd thinned out a bit, thought it was still hard to hear with all of the people who were still lingering talking. Sasha, one of the people she'd met before the concert had started, proceeded to give out her number which Alisa made sure to give her her number before she'd gotten to far away.

"Any of you staying at the Inn Harmonia nearby? That's where my parents made reservations for me. It would be nice to walk with anyone if they're going that direction."

"Me and my brother are. Speaking of him, I need to find him so that I can get my jacket back." The blue hair girl replied, scanning the crowd for any signs of her brother.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ari's grin disappeared. "Y-you lost your brother in the crowd...?"

She stepped back up onto the fountain and glanced around. While the crowd was dispersing, it was still huge, and in constant motion, at that. She felt a tightness in her chest as her heartbeat sped up, even though she wasn't even in the mob of people. Even from this vantage point, it was impossible to keep an eye on just one person for too long. She gulped.

"...W-well..." she grimaced. "What does your brother look like? What's his name?"

/ / @「Zephyr」
    @Machina
    @mindstorm787
    @Midnight Star

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  5. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Introductions were cool, it was nice being able to know a few more people in this great big world. It was unfortunate she had to make friends from the aftermath of a battle but it was still pretty cool. Lexi was a fantastic mood for the rest of the festival, and stared up in admiration at 20 winners of the S.N.C. Every time there was one, she qualified to participate, but had an extenuating circumstance that made it impossible for her to make it.

Someday she'd be one of those 20 winners, representing low-brass. Trombones were a foundation, not a feature, but they could shine in the spotlight every once in a while.

She didn't expect to get phone numbers, so when phone number exchange occurred she immediately pulled her phone out of her left boot, where she pretty much kept her life. She even had a pipe tuner in there, which helped her tune the trombone. People didn't understand when she explained that because trombones may seem like one big tuning slide, but sometimes things go horribly wrong.

Someone mentioned the Inn Harmonia after a few of them left and she shook her head,
    "Inns get expensive for people travelling alone. I'm staying at a hostel, I don't remember what it's called, but it's next to the Bar Line."

Lexi bowed her hat to the new acquaintances and finalized,
    "Take care." Before turning around and heading to the hostel at which she stayed for the night.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Alisa stopped her scanning of the crowd to answer Airi's question. "Well he's slightly taller than me, has black hair and wears a jacket similar to mine, cept its red." She went to direct to her jacket to that they could have a visual aid of sorts, but she wasn't wearing it. It wasn't even that she was getting cold that was the problem with her not having her jacket, it was just an inconvenience should she need it. Which she just demonstrated the inconvenience of not having it when you needed it.

Her eyes went back to looking around the crowd when she noticed something. She couldn't quite make it out because of the distance between, but it looked like some blue object that was being held above the crowd. "I think I see him." She announced to whoever was still there and willing to help.

Meanwhile Damion was standing amidst the crowd of people. The show was cool and he did enjoy it despite being dragged out to see it, but he still needed to find Alisa in this mass of people so that they could go. That was when he noticed that he was still holding her jacket in his hands from when she wormed out of his grasp. She'd have to recognize it if she could see it, so he lifted up the arm that was holding the jacket above the crowd and waited with hopes that she woudl notice it.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ari bit her lip in thought, trying to picture in her head where the Bar Line was without looking at her city map. Eventually she got the vague idea of its location relative to the Inn (she'd double check later). "I think I know where that is," she said, though she'd check herself against the map when she got back to the Inn.

Speaking of the Inn, Lexi's comment had suddenly made her self-conscious. She'd never thought of her family as rich, though they were fairly well-off financially. If she'd known this would come up in conversation, she'd have bargained with her parents for something less expensive... Well, that's not really true, Ari thought, cutting herself off. The Inn was tidy and secure, with the bonus that there wouldn't be any expectation of socialization whenever she left her room.

Ari was grateful that Alisa chose just then to interrupt her thoughts with a description of her missing brother, though Lexi seemed to have left in the meantime. "Okay," she nodded. "Red jacket, black hair. That shouldn't be...too hard..." Even as she said the words, she found herself feeling skeptical. The crowds were huge, after all, even if they were dispersing. Well, it was worth a try, anyway. From her perch on the fountain, Ari scrutinized the people milling about. Red jacket, red jacket... She saw a few splotches of red amongst the crowd, but none of them yet seemed to match Alisa's description...

"I think I see him," Alisa announced, and Ari immediately turned to face the direction she was looking in. It took her a moment, but she saw the blue jacket being waved in the air, and sure enough, when she squinted, there seemed to be some red behind it.

"Come up here, so he can see you better," Ari suggested to Alisa, waving her up onto the fountain. Not waiting, she cupped her hands around her mouth and called out towards him, "Hey! Alisa's brother! Over here! By the fountain!"

8. Arch Mana Knight

Terry had left almost immediately after numbers were passed about with little of his attention focused on the rest of the introductions. They were an interesting group of people, sure, but performances always left him wanting to head back to his comfort zone. It was a bit of a long walk before he reached his apartment. Well it wasn't all his apartment as he shared the place with two other roommates. Sometimes three. It was a good thing there were others to share payments with too, the place was too big and well-situated for him to pay for it on his own.

The two that normally stayed there were a brother and sister, both about ten years older than him, and had well paying jobs of their own. Thankfully, their longtime primary hobby was in music. The brother playing guitar and his sister on bass. The third roommate was in and out of town a lot but when he was around, he completed the mix with an electronic drum kit.

Terry slumped back on the couch and tugged his tie loose. He rested his feet on the guitar case hiding under the coffee table as he scrolled through the new contacts listed in his phone. That blue-haired girl, Lexi, that he helped out against the brassists had actually been from--no, it wasn't her. He stared at the other names trying to recall who was from Origo like him. There was at least two...or more. His memory was fuzzy. He shrugged it off and tossed the phone on the table and pulled the guitar case out from underneath, unlocking it to reveal his prized possession. Yet another eight string guitar.

However this one had far more thought placed into its design as it was custom made for him and the price tag attached to it really showed it off. The woods used to construct the guitar were dark and even aggressive in appearance while being accented by its golden hardware. The guitar was of a longer scale length than the one he brought with him to performance. 27 inches on the smaller scale length and reaching nearly 29 inches on the longer side encroaching on bass territory in terms of size. He was satisfied with playing it without the need to hook it up to an amp due to how loud it was acoustically. The sheer clarity of every note sounded out just like a piano. The tone was a bit on the higher side of the spectrum and extremely defined but it was exactly what he aimed for. His left hand alternated between chords while his right tapped on the fretboard. Who needs another guitarist when you can be both rhythm and melody?

Still, practicing did little to calm his nerves. Eventually as his exhaustion grew and his mistakes began to accumulate he knew it was time to turn in for the night.

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

Damion just stood there, waiting for his sister to notice that he had her jacket. What he thought that she would do was to make her way through the crowd towards him upon seeing that he had her jacket. Going off of that, he didn't move at all. Least til he noticed two people moving onto the fountain. Despite not being able to clearly make out the appearance of the two people, he clearly saw the blue hair that Alisa had. Which made finding out that it was her quite easy. If that didn't, well...

"Hey! Alisa's brother! Over here! By the fountain!"

That definitely made it very easy. He had no idea who that girl was, but he could inquire about that later.

After getting onto the fountain along with Airi, Alisa used this new perspective that she had to further look for her brother. With Airi's assistance she knew that he'd be approaching the fountain, still she couldn't see him in the crowd of people.

"You lose something?"

The voice, followed by a quick poke to her leg, cause Alisa to jump slightly. Her eyes looked down towards the voice and she saw Damion standing there, holding her jacket in his hand.

10. Fellangel Bichael May

[​IMG]
    A piano in the pitch darkness. A torn music sheet. Blood splattered over the keynotes. The hazy memories Sasha always felt within her dreams and that constantly reoccur every night in her sleep before consciousness took over, making her open her eyes to the unfamiliar rays of sunshine not seen very well in her home in Arco where it was mostly blue with touches of color from the random marine wildlife.

Rubbing her eyes, Sasha rolled out of bed and looked out the window which had a good view of the square. Where it was a bustling area of activity, it was now returned to an empty stretch of place with men in suits heading off to work. Sasha tapped her right ear a few times before hopping into the bathroom and getting herself all dressed for the day.

Once finished, she fixed her hair before hearing a knock on her door. Opening it up revealed Kiane with a tired expression. "Ah Kiane! Good morning!" Sasha greeted her with a smile. "I was soon gonna head out to our rendezvous point. Thanks for putting the effort to get me up and running!"

[​IMG]
    Before Sasha could run off though, Kiane grabbed Sasha's arm. "Young girl...don't you remember you have work today?"

Sasha nervously laughed and scratched her head. "Ahaha...I totally forgot...yesterday really took a hit. Err...hopefully you don't mind holding it for half the day as usual please?"

She sighed and shook her head. "It's not like I mind, but I hope you hurry. I'm not particularity good with the people there. You know since...that one incident."

Sasha smiled and patted her shoulder. "You'll be fine as long as you don't give people the hard-ass older sister mood. I'm off then!" She started to walk off only for Kiane to grab her arm again.

"Sasha...you're gonna wear that? Even though..." Kiane stared at Sasha's bracelet. She had one herself too. They were meant for people who owned large instruments or instruments that required multiple parts like drums. It would be a hassle to carry around large equipment around so they created a device to teleport such things for battles or practice. "They're gonna ask eventually...you know."

Sasha bit her lip and pushed Kiane's arm away gently. "If they ask, I'll answer when the time is right. Otherwise, I'll make some dumb excuse up. Not like they asked yesterday. Now I'll answer whatever else you wanna ask me once I come back. I'll be late..." Without another word, Sasha slung over her violin case and ran off.

Kiane watched her leave before entering her room and tidying up Sasha's hotel room. "You're so dishonest with yourself. Sooner or later, all that stuff you're holding in is gonna explode."

Outside, Sasha reached the fountain and looked around. "Right. Looks like no one's here yet. Cmon girl. Focus!" She gave her cheeks a few hard pats before shaking her head and sitting down on the edge of the fountain, waiting for the rest to come.

11. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    She hadn't even woken up fully but she could hear her phone going off like she was suddenly the busiest person in the world. Of course she wasn't and she never could survive if she was, but it certainly felt like it with all the vibrating texts.

She grabbed her phone and read through everything with her eyes half open. There was something from the girl they'd met yesterday about meeting up at a fountain. She'd get to that, but she had a couple things to take care of. And the first thing happened to call her right as she was thinking about calling them.

Lexi answered the phone and held it up to her ear in a very loose grip,
    "This is Lexi."

"Lexi! Hi! How are you doing!?"
    "Oh hey Jason, I thought this was your sister's phone..."
    "It is, she asked me to call you for her."
    "Oh I get it, she's too important to call me herself?"
    "N-no it's not like that!"
    "She doesn't want me getting angry at her huh? It's okay, I won't yell at her, tell her to get on the phone."

There was a silent ruffling and what sounded like a quarrel in the background between the two siblings, and then after a bit of time a voice finally whispered silently, "
    Hello?"
    "Ooooh Vanessa, I hope you haven't forgotten that you skipped out on me and now I'm in the capital all alone."

There was silence for a bit before she responded with a sore sounding throat,
    "Look I'm sorry Lexi, I really am. I know things have been tough with the whole pen-pals-hang-out-together thing. But I didn't skip out on you. My parents are at a meeting out of town, Drum Corps are complicated like that. But I couldn't go in with Jason... you know why I can't."
    "Because he's hyper?"
    "Lexi."
    "What? Are you talking about his disability? Gosh 'Nessa it's not like you can just look at the kid and see it. He'd have just as much fun as you."
    "I know I just-"
    "Look, why don't you come down with Jason today? We can go out for dinner at this really great place I looked up called Sherzando's. Just make sure to bring a little money because I'm not sure if I can completely pay the tab for all of us."
    "Um, I guess I could. But we can't stay overnight."
    "Great, safe travels, I'll see you soon!"

When she hung up, she decided to get dressed. While her outfit was definitely not the same, one detail remained unchanged. Her red fedora. She loved her red fedora and wore it with whatever she could. If the outfit didn't match the fedora, then she traded it in for her black fedora.

Putting her soft trombone case over her shoulder, she made her way to the fountain. When she got there, she was surprised that there only seemed to be one other person. She thought she was late. She looked at Sasha and tipped her hat in greeting and flashed one of her signature smiles,
    "Hello there... Sasha?" she was quiet for a moment and she had a face that screamed I'm working on getting names down and I'm pretty sure I'm right but I hope I didn't screw up.

12. Fellangel Bichael May

[​IMG]
    With the mention of her name, Sasha stood up and turned to face the girl. She gave Lexi a few seconds of silence, studying her with her warm red eyes before breaking into a smile and giving her a big hug, almost knocking her hat off. "Hey! Good morning to you too...Lexi! Hehe I was just trying to remember your name." She then realized her hug was a tad bit out of place. "Oh sorry about that!" She quickly stepped back, giving the teal haired girl some space. "Hehe I come off a bit too friendly. I mean we only just met yesterday. Forgive my rather friendly nature. I can't help but give people I meet warm smiles and big hugs hehe!"

With a stretch of her arm, she twirled around. She hoped the others would come soon. The weather reported strong rays and she hoped to get somewhere inside for a destination before it hit afternoon. "Sooo...about yesterday. We were kind of a weird mix weren't we? I mean compared to those losers we had to chase off. Come to think of it, why were you in a beef with those guys anyways? You don't seem like the type to pick a fight."

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

After Damion had found his sister the previous night, Alisa had suggested to Ari that they picked up from where they left off tomorrow and headed back to the Inn. While it may have been easier to just meet up with her at the Inn, but there wasn’t much time to actually plan that all out so the brother and sister duo headed back to the inn.

When morning had arrived, Alisa was the first one awake and dressed while Damion slept in. This wasn’t the first time that this has happened, in fact there have been times where she’s just up and left while eh was still sleeping. Though in all those instances she was A) She was with her friends and B) Damion knew that she was with her friends. So just leaving to go meet up with a bunch of strangers would probably not be a good thing. So she sighed before going to wake up her brother.

It took a couple of tried, but she finally managed to wake Damion up. Seeing as how Damion wasn’t a morning person at all, it took some effort to actual motivate him to get up. When he finally did get out of bed, he brushed his teeth and got dressed before saying.

“Alright, so where are you meeting those ‘friends’ of your?”

Before answering, Alisa took out her phone and looked at the message that had been sent to it. After reading through it once more, she responded to her brother.

“It’s say the fountain, so let’s go.” Alisa wasted no time heading out the door with her brother in tow. It didn’t take the two long to arrive at the fountain and they saw that they weren’t the first ones there. “Hey guys!” Alisa called out, waving to the two girls.

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ari raised her head blearily to the sound of her phone's tinkly ringtone. It was still the pre-programmed default, but she didn't really mind it. She squinted at the sunlight filtering in through her curtains and groped for the phone on the nightstand, momentarily halted when the phone's charger tugged back. Groaning, she sat up rather than exert the fine motor control required to disconnect the charger, and answered the call. "Y'ello?"

"You just woke up, didn't you?"

"...No."

"Liar."

Ari rubbed her eyes and loosed the yawn she'd been stifling. "Okay, you caught me," she confessed. "Good morning, Trey. What's up?"

He scoffed. "'What's up'? I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be my line! Yo, tell me all about the concert!"

Feeling more awake now, Ari plucked the charging cord from the phone and slowly began to get herself ready for the day. "Ehh," she said, wiggling her free hand noncommittally even though Trey couldn't see. "It was crowded, hot, noisy... You were probably better off watching the broadcast." She smirked, knowing that her supposed ambivalence would irritate Trey to no end.

Instead, she was surprised by a nervous laugh. "Uh, well, y'see...I would have watched it...but I was a little, uh, busy..."

As Ari was about to ask in shock (only partly jokingly) what could have possibly stopped him, there was a sound of movement from the other end and another muffled voice called, "Hi, Ari!"

"Ahh, that explains it," Ari smiled knowingly, her voice suggestive. "Say no more, I completely understand. Are you two enjoying your weekend alone?" She added in greeting, "Hi, Matt!"

Trey still sounded abashed, but pleased. "Yeah, yeah, we are. We had an especially great time last night--"

"...Really. Say no more. Please."

"Okay, okay. I was kidding anyway. Well, not about having a fun night--"

"Trey--"

"I gotcha! Sheesh!" Pause. "Okay, but really, you gotta tell me about the concert--"

"She can tell you later!" Ari heard Matt whine playfully. "Pay attention to meeee!" This was followed by a small commotion of laughter and a few kissing sounds.

Ari glanced at the clock on the nightstand. "I really should tell you later," she grimaced. "I promised I'd meet up with some people I met..."

"Mmhmm, yeah, talk to you later," Trey mumbled distractedly.

"Seeya," she said. Then, just before hanging up, she called, "Don't forget to use protection!"

Note to self: Call Trey back later, she thought, mentally filing the reminder away and stuffing her phone into her pants pocket. He'd had a tough time of it trying to decide between his best friend and the anniversary concert, or a rare weekend alone with his boyfriend, but Ari had insisted she'd be fine on her own, that he could watch the concert from home, and that it was more important for him to spend time with Matt. She'd be lying if she said she didn't miss having Trey around, but he had sounded pretty happy over the phone, so she didn't let it bother her.

She didn't need to double check the text message to know that everyone was meeting at the fountain from last night, but she did grab the map she'd claimed from the desk clerk upon arriving back at the Inn to make sure she didn't get lost. She chewed her lip for a moment, trying to decide if she should bring her keytar or not, before she finally slung it over her shoulder, taking care to slide the keyboard's transport bracelet over her wrist as well. You never know...

With the assistance of her map, she easily navigated back to the plaza from the previous night, and saw four of the others already there. Sasha, the friendly violinist, Lexi, the suave trombonist, and Alisa and Damion, the siblings. What did they play again...?

Strolling up to the fountain, she raised a hand in greeting. "Hi, everyone," she said sheepishly. "You guys haven't been waiting on me, have you?"

15. Arch Mana Knight

"Ow!" Terry gripped his hand and looked at the red line running across the back of his left hand. He rubbed it until the stinging pain subsided, glad that the broken string hadn't cut his hand. He sighed and set his guitar down while his eyes fixed on the useless snapped second string. It was a good thing the eighth had not snapped as the thickness of the string would have surely caused him to lose some blood over it. He began reaching for his spare set of strings. If one snapped, it was time for him to replace all of them. "Dammit...I just did this two days ago..."

"Seriously man? Is this what you've been doing since you woke up?" Terry's roommate came walking around a corner looking as if a hurricane had just hit him...in the hair. Specifically the hair. Nowhere else.

"What? It's only been two hours."

"Four. Four hours." The annoyance in his roommate's voice was easily apparent.

"What? Really?" Terry pulled his phone out to check the time and raised an eyebrow upon coming on the realization that his roommate was right. "Well what do you know...it has been four." Also, there seemed to be a few unread messages he had been ignoring. He fiddled with his phone to read through them. "...Anyways, yeah. Of course I'd be doing this. After that meeting was scheduled I'd be stupid not to. I need to be at the absolute top of my game."

"Not to be a downer but don't you think you're getting worked up over nothing? It might not even be about getting a job as an instructor. Even if it is, I'm sure they wouldn't want you losing your hand practicing. Chill."

"Maybe...but if it is, I don't want to lose out on getting a job as a teacher here. It's Quadrille, okay? I don't know if I'll ever get another chance like this again." Terry blinked at his phone rereading a message he had skimmed over. It was from someone he had met the day before saying to meet at the fountain. Checking the time again he realized he would already be late if he left now. He mulled it over and eyed his guitar. "Nice talk, okay? Gotta go." He placed his guitar back in its case and took it with him planning on changing the strings somewhere between the fountain and the apartment or, at the latest, while he was already there.

His guitar slowed him down and it quickly became apparent to him that he was unable to change strings while walking and juggling his case between hands at the same time. The best he could do was remove a the broken string...which he meant to dispose of properly but ended up dropping it somewhere along the way. "I would have come sooner if I knew people were waiting on me. Sorry!"

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  16. Fellangel Bichael May

[​IMG]
    Sasha smiled, watching the people come in one by one until they all came together at the fountain. "Good morning all. I'm glad you all got to make it here. And for those asking, we didn't wait very long." She nodded and looked around the town square. "How odd it is don't you think? Just yesterday, this single square held about a few thousand people. Now it's just an area where men come and go to get to their places at work. But besides that!" She eyed every person, matching the names to their faces from their small introduction they had last night.

"Why don't we do something today? Something interesting and fun? I know that music school doesn't start for a while for those going to it."
    She tapped her head in deep thought. "Mhmm this sucks. After that battle we did yesterday, I was hoping we could all do something related to that. But then again, major competitions aren't held for at least a few months from now. Ooh what a pickle. Anyways, for now we should-"

Before she could say anything else, a large piece of paper smacked onto her face which she yanked off furiously and stomped her foot. "Ooh! The city really should give those cleaners a raise! With all this crap flying around, they're gonna get complaints." She sighed and was about to crumple up the paper until something caught her eye. "Woah...wait a minute! Look at this! They're holding a small music battle tournament In the Arco Grand Stadium next week! Why don't we join in on this?"

17. Arch Mana Knight

As Sasha began to speak Terry sat down at the fountain and worked on replacing his strings one by one. "Something related to a music battle?" He repeated after Sasha, muttering lowly with his eyes still fixed on his instrument. The thought of running into another group of musicians to fight with on the street almost seemed appealing to him albeit a little risky. Thankfully a better option turned up in the form of a flyer smacking the poor girl right in the face. Terry couldn't help but laugh at the situation.

"Well that was convenient. Hm...Arco Grand Stadium..." Once the last string was set in place he began tuning and retuning...and retuning. New strings always needed plenty of that. "I'm game for that. Is there a limit to the size of a group? If there's too many of us we could split up."

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

"Morning!" Alisa said, greeting everyone who was there. Damion on the other hand just gave a friendly wave since he wasn't the most talkative person when it came to new people. Sasha had started to brainstorm what they could do and was given the brilliant idea of a music battle tournament delivered via paper to the face, a smirk appeared on her face. "That sounds like a fun idea."

Though Damion didn't actually voice his opinion on the matter, he didn't have much of an issue with it at all. He wouldn't mind stretching out his limbs and playing one of his instruments at all. "Are there any restrictions that we should know about?" A surprise to his sister anyway, he actually spoke on what he was on his mind.

19. Fellangel Bichael May

[​IMG]
    Sasha continued examining the flyer on the contest. "Hmm sadly, this is a singles tournament. Groups are not gonna be in this one. It's all one on one. Also standard rules apply. No violent actions. No unnecessary interruptions. Yadda yadda. Your standard ruleset like every other tournament out there." She folded the paper and nodded. "Well if the stage is gonna be set at Arco, then we gotta train there for the best atmosphere. Good thing I have just the place in mind. Let's go!"

As they all took the train, they all arrived at an island far off the coast of the mainland. With a few taps around a secluded palm tree, a large elevator appeared, taking them all down into the underwater city. As they arrived, Sasha led the group into a training building, one of the many located all over the land of Scherzo. She led the group in a large room, mainly empty save for some large instruments to the side such as a harp, drum set, piano, and others on the side for those that didn't bring a device to manipulate one. One side of the room was made out of glass, showing off the blue world outside filled with random sea life swimming by.

"Well here we are guys. This is one of the training rooms here in Arco. We can split each other off so other sounds can't interfere. We could've gone to a generic training room, but then it wouldn't be the same. Arco tounrys are different since it doesn't take place outside, but indoors, making echo sounds a large factor."
    She flipped on the lights and looked around. "Anyways, why don't we all start prepping our instruments and pairing with one another to practice?"

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ari's parents were going to kill her.

Trey was going to kill her.

Matt was going to...probably still be friends with her, actually, but still take Trey's side anyway.

Ari had no idea why she'd agreed. She hardly knew the people she was traveling with, and it wasn't like her parents were going to suddenly be okay with this spur-of-the-moment decision to abandon her life back home in Origo for a battle tournament, of all things, with a bunch of strangers. Her parents scoffed at the tournaments, but Ari had always secretly admired the passion on full display in the events.

The more Ari reflected, the more she knew exactly why she'd come. Was she really going to settle for staying in Origo, plunking away thanklessly at her piano for the rest of her life? She wanted to do something. She had music blazing in her, and there wasn't sufficient kindling back in Origo. Besides, she'd always wanted to travel, maybe even learn a new instrument or two. What better way than this?

...Okay, fine, probably several better ways. But she was here in Arco now, with her new friends, getting ready for a tournament. She didn't have to tell her parents now, did she? Like the saying goes, "It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission."

...Oogh. That was not going to be a fun conversation when she had it.

Entranced by the underwater floor-to-ceiling (and floor and ceiling) windows, Ari had nearly gotten herself separated from the group several times on the way to the practice area.

As soon as she saw the piano in the corner of the room, Sasha's instructions became white noise. Ari was thrilled by the prospect of using an actual piano for the first time in what seemed like ages, as opposed to an electronic keyboard. She ran through a few quick scales and arpeggios on the piano, ensuring that the well-used instrument was well in tune--well, not that she was confident enough in her ability to tune a piano, anyway. Satisfied with the pitches, she called out,
    "Anyone want to stick around and make sure their instruments are in tune before running off?" she offered, playing through the usual tuning notes she knew (A, D, G, C, E, B-flat...).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.