|Supernatural: S1| Acolytes of Azazel

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    "What? Hell no," Adam told Scott defiantly as jumped in front of him. His palms were burning and his skin tingling with anxiety. His muscles tensed and his heart accelerated. His mind started to come up with different scenarios in the back of his mind, each involving Scott and flying fists. His body was preparing for a fight.
    He clenched a fist and stood between Scott and Luce's overturned jeep. "Listen up and listen good, Scotty," he said, raising his open hand to point at his brother. "You're a hunter. A damn good one at that. But beyond that, you're an Acolyte. Lately, you've been acting like a Djinn's been messing with you and now is not the time for you to lose whatever freakin' marbles you had left." Adam wasn't the lecturing type, but the truth was, that he wanted to freak out. With the newbies too new to understand any of this, Alexis too...unstable to take charge (not to mention having just been in the accident), he and Scott were the now the father-figure leader types and the best chance at figuring out what happened, at least until Adam could get Lenny on the phone. The problem was that Adam was relying on Scott's normal level-headedness to help get them through this, but Scott was freaking out; and that meant that Adam had to be the level-headed one. He didn't like that. He wanted to freak out...but, of course..."We don't get to freak out, Scott. Not in our line of work and not in our kind of life. I don't know what the Hell just happened or what's been going on with you, but I need your head in the game. I don't know what's gotten in that Hulk-head of yours, but aiming your knife at other Acolytes?!" His voice started to raise, despite his desire to keep things discreet for the sake of the others. It was just then that Adam realized that his fist was shaking. He was nervous. No...scared.
    "We'll figure this out and then we'll figure out what's going on with you. You want to freak out? Well, tough shit 'cuz you can't. You want to break? Do it later. Hell, better yet, break a Demon's neck. You're right, something's gotta die and-" he finally realized what just happened, "You...you think you know what's gotta die? What is it?"
    Unfortunately, it was just then that he heard it: sirens. 'Damn it to Azazel's ass,' he thought as he looked at the horizon. Flashing lights. Of course. Now of all freakin' times, the cops had to come? What to do? They had no time to waste with authorities. Even then, they haven't had time to come up with a viable story for the accident. So...they'll leave. They'll have to cram in Adam's car, but then...Luce's car was filled with things that should not be found, not by mundanes. So...they would have to take what they can an-of course. Scott's right. Cram everyone in Adam's car, lift what they could from Luce's, and get the hell out of dodge. Scott may have been freaking out, but he was still at least one step ahead of Adam. Of coouurrssee he was. "We're going to have this talk, Herc." Would it be safe to just leave? Was there a chance that Luce could somehow still be near them? There was no trail of footprints, blood, sulfur, or anything else leading from the vehicle...so...they would have to gamble that she wasn't near. "Later, though," he continued as he started to walk towards his own car. "After we find Luce and stick a blade into something's neck. But I need you to keep it together, Scott," he said as he opened his driver's door. "I need my wingman on this, alright?"

2. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    They had weapons and occult looking stuff in that car didn't they? Things that would make it look like that a twisted serial killer was coming to town which would put an alert out for all strange looking people and outsiders, making their job hard. This is what she assumed anyway and her eyes searched until they found the guy at the driver's side. Earlier that sexist used some sort of fire ability didn't he? That could fix their problems of the things in the car since they didn't have the time to grab everything.

So once she found her voice again she spoke out. "Hey," she winced, "set fire to the car when the rest are clear. No traces. Or least less traces." Sorting through burnt evidence took awhile as far as she knew, though the source of her information was a criminal and their trust value was clear just by their title. Still, she believed their was an honor among thieves there and took his word on it. So why not suggest it here?

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

Nobody ever answered her question about if everyone was alright. Her head had managed to clear a bit and she'd somehow got to her feet, she'd winced in pain as she got up but looking over her body, she discovered she wasn't badly hurt. She ached a bit and she was cut up but nothing serious. It would be interesting to see if she bruised. She'd discovered the hard way that she didn't bruise easy. Hard for people to tell that you'd been beat up if you didn't have the bruises after, nobody saw how hurt she really got. Nobody saw her tears.

As she looked around, she was almost in a daze, nothing seemed real like she was watching through a screen. Two of the girls seemed to be in a similar state to her but someone was missing? There had been four of them in the car. The one who'd got mad, who'd been driving, Luce? She wasn't there and people were panicking. She'd been taken? Maybe. They had to find her. But first, they wanted to move and leave. Oh. The cars were full of weapons and the police wouldn't understand. They had to move before the flashing lights got to them. Would they all fit in the other car? They had to. Torch the car, get rid of it, shame for such a nice car to be destroyed but the crash had already wrecked it. She looked down at the scorched grass where she'd been sat, opps. Nevermind. She had to do something, not just stand here. Move.

She shook her head and snapped out of her trance like state. She ran over to the car despite her aching legs to pick up a few guns and take them to the other car. She had to be useful. She couldn't be useless. She was new, she had to help somehow. She wasn't weak. She didn't need looking after. She didn't say much for now, she just watched them all and tried to help.

She'd been with them for not even a day and already someone had been taken. Damn, what was she getting herself into?

4. Arch Mana Knight

Scott may have snapped, but he was still sane enough to say rational. He was the physically strongest of the Acolytes but the strength did not come at the cost of brainpower. It seemed that Adam took too long to figure that out by the sounds of it. He wanted to put the blame on the others but in the state they were in, they wouldn't be able to handle more than a gentle push.

"I'll keep my cool for now." He told Adam, bringing what he could over towards the car. He heard the sirens too. There would be time to talk about what he figured out later but for now, they needed to get rid of the jeep. Luckily, one of the new ones had a bright idea. "She's right. Light it up, Adam." Scott patted the girl on the shoulder, Sophie was her name--'Or was it Sophia?'

Adam's car wasn't meant to hold six people and all their stuff. It was going to be cramped. "I have an idea on where to start looking. But it isn't a good one." He relented, keeping his voice low so only Adam could hear.

OOC: Wanted to make a longer post. Then got distracted. B| Oh well.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    Adam scowled as he slammed his door. "What? I'm your personal flamethrower or something?" He replied, realizing just how little room that they had in the car. "Do I look like that guy from the Fantastic Four? Human Zippo or whatever? Anyway, it doesn't work like that," he attempted to buckle his seatbelt before he realized that he had pretty much melted it. He grabbed his pistol and lowered his window, aiming the gun out the window. "Our powers don't work like that. They're not that strong that easily. Sure, I could make a pretty good spark right now, but lighting this entire thing up? Not enough fluid in the lighter, if ya get my drift." As the sirens became louder, Adam aimed the pistol at Luce's gastank...and took the shot. Gasoline started to stream out, but no explosion. "Contrary to popular belief, shooting the fuel tank doesn't work like it does in movies," he told the others in a hurry as he dropped his pistol in his lap and slammed his foot on the gas. "Scott, take the wheel," he told Scott before leaning out the window and turning to face the overturned car. "This on the other hand...should do the trick!" He concentrated, feeling the temperature of his hand rise instantly before a small ball of fire shot out, hitting the leaking gasoline. The spark quickly traveled into the gas tank and Luce's car exploded in several large bangs! Adam couldn't help but jump at the noise and instant light as the ground shook slightly. He quickly sat back down and took the wheel from Scott. "That should keep the cops busy for a while, too. We need a head start." He sighed, as the somberness of the situation dawned on him once again. "Where am I going, Scott?"
    'Do we have to find Luce? She's going to kill me for what I did to her car.'

6. Arch Mana Knight

Scott took the wheel when Adam leaned out of the car to Die Hard Luce's car to death. The only thing that was missing from the scene was himself walking slowly away from it. Of course, the shockwave of an explosion would have probably torn holes in his eardrums. That wouldn't have been pleasant.

When Adam took the wheel back, Scott looked over towards the rear view mirror to look at the flames of Luce's jeep. When they found her, she really wouldn't be happy to learn that her car was having a severe case of explosion. "Minnesota. Alexis said she saw some kid. Luce said she saw one during that Wendigo run-in back at the woods." It sounded strange to base it off of two people seeing a kid, but there was nothing else to go on. Plus-- "I don't trust creepy kids. From the sounds of it, that kid might not have been normal." Scott wondered how long it could possibly take to get to Minnesota. It wasn't across the whole country and Adam would definitely be speeding the whole way but it could still take-

'Far too long. You don't know if she's even there, Scotty.' He rubbed his eyes, trying to clear his mind. 'How cute. You're grasping at little details and pretending they're evidence.' Scott clenched his fists and tapped his fingers against his lap anxiously. There was nothing else to go off of. "She might not even be there." He muttered angrily.

7. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Shoving aside little Gaara's bleeding arm, Luce blinked rapidly and giggled like a school girl. "That's...delicious. You shouldn't wave that around." Gaara hopped up from her lap and wobbled, "Whoa...I think you took too much..." Carefully watching the little demon stumble around, she looked down at herself. Did she physically change? It didn't look like it. But she felt better...stronger....just by a few minutes of unending blood from the...well, demon. Her heart beat faster in her chest. "Powers...Lenny said our powers come from the demon blood. Maybe..." Looking around at what she could manipulate, her silver eyes landed on an old stereo...the boom box kind from the 70's or so. Just a thought and a bit of concentration was usually the way she did it... The sudden sound of horrible rap music filled the room. Grimacing, Luce shook her head and the stereo bent downwards in the middle and made a horrible cracking sound. "Oops..." Gaara's turquoise eyes moved from Luce to the stereo with a wide smile. "You'll get used to it. Your friend...Lenny...has been cheating you out of the potential power that's inside you, Lucy." Luce stood, ignoring Gaara's efforts to keep her seated. "This place...looks familiar. Where am I?" "I told you...my room. This house has been here for years. And abandoned all that time. I like to think it was made just for us." Luce frowned, for a kid he sure was good at dodging questions. Hobbling towards the door, she felt tiny hands grab her leg, "Please don't leave. We were having fun, weren't we? You've had a big meal and...and now it's time to play." "No...I think I've had enough. I want to go home now." "But...but..." he huffed, exasperated and fumbling for a way to keep her when he squeezed his eyes shut and clung to her leg,"This IS your home!" She stopped, "What...did you say?" "This is your home...with me.." Exhaling in relief, Luce slid down the door and found a worn and dirty teddy bear bumping into her shoulder. Staring at it for a minute, she realized....it was hovering in the air. Telekinesis? But how? "I'm sorry...I just want you to stay here with me and play with me...I want you to WANT to be with me. If...if I was all grown up then....then maybe I could do more for you." Taking hold of the bear, Luce scowled at him, "Are you kidding me? You're a demon!" Gaara's innocent, child-like sorrow disappeared and turned into a very adult version of anger. "No...I'm not. I know I came from Hell...and I'm not flesh and blood without this body. But I'll be dammed if I allow a stupid meatbag to kiss you and I don't even get a moment alone with you! I've been the one watching you, protecting you, making sure everything is exactly as it should be! You're MINE NOT HIS!" The windows shattered and the furniture rattled. It reminded her of her first anger outburst before she'd been kicked out of her home. "His? A kiss...you mean Scott? You...saw that?" Pure black eyes narrowed on her, "Don't use that meatbag's name! He's nothing! He doesn't deserve to kiss you. He doesn't deserve to see your anger...to see the unwitting depression, fear and shock in your pretty eyes. No one does...but me." Luce visibly shook in relief as his young voice lost the reverberating edge and the furniture stilled. "So...you..." "I don't like the meatbag." That was an understatement... "Right...but, I'm not his at all. There's no 'us' between him and me. I mean, I don't...that was..." It wasn't reassuring that she couldn't label what had happened. "H-How about we play a game?" He immediately perked up, "Yeah a game, a game! I want to play! What game are we playing?" Drawing a blank, Luce looked around the room....still coming up with nothing, she grasped at straws, "H-How about tag?" "You can't run." Rats... "Freeze tag?" "You still can't run." Crap... "Dodgeball?" "No balls." Sh!t... "Blob?" "Who else is here to play?" Dammit... "Hide and go seek?" "...Okay!" Son of a... "What?" "I said okay. I'll go hide! You gotta come find me! But you have to count to a hundred." He took off out the door and down the stairs, leaving Luce baffled. 'What just happened? He's gone...but where? If I tried to escape now...he could see me...he'd snap my neck...being dead is worse than being kidnapped.' Crap...her only option was to play along with the little demon...

8. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    Blah, blah, blah. I'm not your personal flamethrower. It doesn't work like that. Man how annoying. Though, if she was in better shape she would love to hear the details about how it worked... But right now their talking just made her head throb even more. Then the explosions. How god. It was so unbearable and she couldn't keep her hand nearly frozen any longer. Not without some frostbite or anything at least. So it returned to normal, leaving her with nothing to soothe the pain.

"Wake me when we get there." She finally said, squished up next to the door by the others. And though she was a bit weary of windows now her head rested against this one anyway. The hope to sleep off the pain took over and she closed her eyes, though not falling asleep right away.

9. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

After turning to watch Luce's car go up in flames, she knew now they just had to get out of here. Eliza made her way to the vehicle as fast as she could which wasn't particularly fast considering how her entire body was feeling. "Am I going to have to sit on someone's knee? Or be squished paper thin?" She asked as she looked at the small space that they were going to have to fit in. She was smallest so it followed that she would be either on someone's knee or put in the smallest space. This was going to be fun. "Oh and please don't tell me we're going all the way to Minnesota all squeezed into that car, going back to the bar will be bad enough." She said, picking up on bits from their conversation. She nodded at Sophie's comment about sleeping, that would be amazing but with them all packed in it seemed very unlikely. Either way, she reached the car and waited her turn to climb in wherever she would fit.

10. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: Bueno gave me permission to godmod Adam so we can move on. This'll totally be in character for him.

BIC:

"Just squeeze together and there'll be enough room. If it comes down to it, one of you can sit on Scott's-"

"Not happening."

Once everyone had climbed in, forcing an uncomfortable closeness between himself and Scott, Adam pressed his foot to the gas pedal and sped down the highway. "We're going to Minnesota and you're going to like it." The fact that even when Scott had lost his cool he had still been able to piece together an idea of where to go surprised him. Going to Minnesota without any trail to follow made it a long shot that they would find Luce there but if Scott felt that's where they need to go then that's where they would go.

"Here." Scott reached over to the back, towards the girls, and held out a first aid box for them. "I got this from Luce's jeep. We can't afford to stop at a hospital in the area so that'll have to do for now." He took in a deep breath, one of many that was keeping him from punching a hole in Adam's car. Controlling his temper was something that he had thought he had mastered but only today did he snap. He hated to feel helpless. Losing someone like Luce so suddenly...

"We'll find her. We won't lose one of our own."

Though Adam hadn't spoken to anyone in particular, he was sure that it was directed at him. Being reassured wouldn't make things any better to Scott however. Only finding Luce and killing whatever took her would. "If you girls want, we can drop you off at a hospital in the next state and pick you up on our way back." Scott didn't believe they would be much help given their wounds. Even Alexis who had more experience didn't seem to be able to hold her own in her given state. Adam would probably disagree but- 'We'd do better without them holding us back.'

11. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

"Ready or not, here I come..." Hobbling down the stairs of a house that reeked of mothballs and something rotting, Luce slipped on her third step and tumbled down the stairs. A broken step pinching her back and tearing her shirt as she fell. Knocking her head against the floor as she rolled to a stop on the landing, Luce stared at the ceiling in a daze. "Lu...? Are you okay? Huh...you're bleeding..." She heard cloth tear and cold air hit the exposed skin of her back. "Hmm...I'll fix you up nice and good. Recovery times two with my blood, okay?" She was about to ask how he intended to fix her up when a cold jolt went through her body. Gaara drew a wet tongue across the cut on her shoulder blade and hummed, "Your blood tastes exceptionally good. I wonder if that's cause it's mixed with Azazel's..." Silver eyes went wide and a shiver rolled through her with another draw of his tongue. "Stop it..." Images long forgotten rose to the surface of her mind again. All of the faces of the men in town from when she was young flashed across her vision. "Don't..." Gaara settled her up against the wall and wormed his way into her lap, "It's time for dinner, Lu. After that...I'll show you something special." Special...the word didn't seem like it would hold much value to a demon, but his turquoise eyes lit up as he said it. He pulled out a kitchen knife, "Your friends...they have demon-killing knives...don't they? It really isn't fair that they keep such a power from you, Lu....but...I like being able to see you without worrying you're going to stab me. Oh...but you wouldn't do that, would you?" Her eyes watched the blade glide across his skin, "Why wouldn't I?" "Because this body...still has a soul of it's own inside. I'm just a guest...for now anyways." Pulling her eyes away from the blooming scarlet line, Luce focused on the child before her, "What do you mean? The boy is still in there? Didn't you--" "I lied." Anger and hope warred in her heart. "What does he have to say about all this? Kidnapping me...letting me drink the blood of his body that you taint. What about your fixation on me? What about him?" Gaara avoided her gaze for a while, "I told him you would look out for him...you'd be like his mother, sister, wife and daughter all in one. I didn't hear an objection." "You didn't want to hear one. Let me talk to him. I want to hear his voice!" A pout settled on Gaara's lips, eyes narrowed and shoulders tense. "If that's what you want..." She waited and for a solid five minutes neither of them moved until Gaara's eyes lifted to hers with a different emotion than adoration filling them. "Help me, Mommy. I'm scared." Wrapping her arms around the child, Luce held him as close to her body as she could get him. "Don't be frightened... I'll keep you safe." Warmth filled her at the five simple words. "Thanks, Lu." Again...too soon was the innocent, trapped boy gone. "What else did you lie to me about? Where is this? Who are you? How the hell do you know me?" She could tell her questions irritated him, "This is our home. My name is Gaara, I am the demon who's been looking out for you since Azazel gave you those powers. He bound you to me, Lu...can't you see that? We're a lot alike..you and I. Your momma died and I never had one. Your daddy's a jerk....and thus rightfully dead and my Father...well some would call him a jerk but I love him even if he won't love me, specifically, back. Your life is filled with trials and torments and so is mine." "Enough! I don't know who you think you are...but you have no right to talk about my parents like that!" A much too adult expression settled on his face and he pulled the golden framed picture out from behind him, "This is the picture I took from your room. I saw you staring at it night after night...you just looked so sad...so I removed it from your life. See? Your dad's face is scratched out... Isn't that because he was mean to you? You hate him, don't you?" Hate...yes, she hated her father for the things he did...what he made her do to herself, but she would always cherish and love the father that smiled and was cheerful in her memories. "My father did a lot of stupid things...they are not for you to decide whether or not were mean, Gaara." Taking the picture from his hands, she scowled down at it. 'Father...' "Doesn't matter now. Drink," he pressed his bleeding arm to her lips, which she opened without hesitation, "And we'll decide your punishment for yelling at me." 'Punishment?'

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

Zeke took a quick look between the car and the rest of them. Great, this is gonna be a tight fit. Still in the current situation that they were in, there wasn't any time to complain. He was going to have to suck it up and deal with it. Normally when he get's in a car he tries to get the window seat and does exactly what Sophie was planning on doing. Though in this situation he could, instead he found himself a seat in the middle and hoped that he would get squished too badly.

13. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    "There's a male newbie but you only address us girls." Despite claiming going to sleep Sophie had stayed awake. And maybe she was jumping the gun on this but she was rather defensive, especially when it came to her gender. Stupid girl, a voice rang, can't do anything right. There's only one thing you're good for and it's --

Her eyelids fluttered open as the voice cut off. The first aid kit was snatched up and she began to tend to her head wound, taking some painkillers as well. No way was she being dropped off like extra baggage, for any reason. Whether it be the fact that she was a girl or just a total newbie at this. She was here to learn and the best way to do it was through actual experience, as just watching and reading never did much. Besides, she wanted to prove herself now as well. No way they were going to write them off for getting hurt for something out of their control, either. "I'm coming with."

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

A couple of hundred miles later...
    [​IMG]
    "Shhh," Adam told the others as he switched the headlights to his parking lights. The area around them became dark, the dirt road on which they were traveling barely illuminated. The world was silent... only the whir of the engine giving sound to a grim night. On that note, Adam was thankful that it wasn't raining. The rain always...unsettled him. On top of that, the smell and sound would hinder his tracking skills (not that he used his nose often) and the rain could wash away any evidence outside. So....no rain. At least there's that. Probably the only good news he's heard tonight. As soon as he saw the silhouette of what he was looking for, Adam fully stopped the car and shut it off completely. The white-and-black-haired Acolyte sighed and turned to face the newbies in the back, "We're here."
    -
    Lenny wasn't happy about it -Adam could tell- but far from the old hunter to lose his cool. Adam was almost frightened to call his 'father,' but they needed help. Adam told Lenny everything, even about why they were headed to Minnesota, but he neglected to mention Scott's state of mind. That would be handled later. Maybe some good ol' fashioned hunting would set Scott right. Sure, there have been some...tense times when Adam and Scott had aimed their guns at each other, but Scott was more than Adam's 'brother;' he was Adam's wingman. Lenny told Adam to take the others to Minnesota; they couldn't waste time taking the newbies back to the Roadhouse. While the Acolytes followed their only lead to Minnesota, Lenny started to do research on what could have taken Luce. The leader of the Acolytes didn't tell Adam anything else, but he didn't have to; Adam knew that Lenny would know more about the kid Scott mentioned than anybody else, next to Luce. After all, he scanned the hell out of their minds whenever he had a chance...there were no secrets among them to him. If he found anything, Lenny promised to call Adam and then drive after them.
    -
    And now, here they were. It's been a few hours and it was well past 3am. It was damn near pitch-black outside with only the closest trees and the silhouette of a cabin visible. As he looked at the newbies, Adam remembered how much he hated Minnesota. "All right, here's the plan. Scott and I are going into that creepy-ass cabin," he started, aiming his thumb over his shoulder, "you three newbies are going to stay here and not do anything dangerous. You're going to stay safe and lick your wounds, got it?" Before anybody could object, he pointed to Alexis, "She's your boss. She's going to keep an eye on you guys in case Leatherface or whatever horror-movie reject that lives here comes knocking. If....if anything does happen, you guys have guns. Shoot first, ask questions later. But you will do exactly and whatever Alice says. She knows her way around a gun, can use her powers, and well, she's almost as creepy as half of the baddies we fight. You will not mess with my car and you will sit here in darkness, got that? Do not draw any attention to yourselves. If anything happens, call us. Flashlights and more weapons are in the trunk." Adam didn't like this. Sure, he was use to barking orders and taking lead in missions, but this was more than that; he was taking care of his new siblings and that didn't sit well with him at all. What happened to the good, old days when everyone could just run in, guns blazing, and not get all sappy? God, newbies made life complicated.
    "Meanwhile, Scottie and I are going to find out whether or not Luce is actually here," he added, looking at his passenger. "Might want to bring that chef's knife, just in case." With his seatbelt off, Adam grabbed one of his pistols, leaving the other and his knife on his person. "Any questions?" He asked, placing his other hand on the door handle. 'God, don't let them have questions.'

15. Arch Mana Knight

Scott wanted to dump everyone else at the nearest hospital. Adam disagreed. Sure, they saved time but it only meant that the others could still get in their way somehow. He wasn't going to let anyone off the hook if they made a mistake. He looked around the area, narrowing his eyes. The woods looked just like the ones they had been to the last time they were here. It looked easy enough to get lost in but they still managed to find something of notice. The abandoned cabin.

'Trees. Trees everywhere. I hate trees.' It could have been because the last time they were there, Scott got thrown into a tree and wound up with a deep wound on his side. Or it could have been something else. He wasn't fond of the woods. Scott covered his mouth with his sleeve as he coughed, taking a deep breath afterwards. He pulled his sword out from the trunk and adjusted the Demon-Killing knife hidden up his sleeve. He preferred keeping it there rather than on his side. It was easier to draw at a moment's notice and it did give him an excuse to use the phrase "ace up my sleeve" in a more literal sense than it normally meant.

He dropped the sheath for his blade on the ground, watching as the blade reflected into the darkness. Scott didn't need to bring his sheath along. The only thing that would sheathe his blade was the thing that took Luce. "If we take longer than half an hour, don't go running in after us. If it's something Adam and I can't handle on our own, you new kids won't do any better." Scott added in. "Call Lenny instead, got it?" He looked over towards Alexis, having directed this at her primarily. She had been around them long enough to know better than to charge into something headfirst.

Scott's patience had long been gone and, like Adam, didn't want to waste time with any questions. "I'm sure you don't have any problems with me going in first, do you?" He asked Adam, though the answer didn't matter.

16. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]
    Alexis had been silent for the rest of the journey. She'd not uttered a single world. She'd just kept quiet and left her mind to do the work instead of her mouth. ...Her feelings from earlier back at the Roadhouse hadn't been wrong then? She knew she should have trusted her instincts. Since becoming an Acolyte, her skills had sharpened in some ways but were they dulling in others? She'd never have missed the slightest sign before, but this had slipped her by. It meant one of two things. Either what had taken Luce was skillful, and judging from what happened in the car, Alexis had no doubt this was true. But the other was that she was becoming complacent by trying to rely on others instead of just herself. This was a bad sign if so. ...She took a deep breath. She was alone behind her walls. An empty shell. No one could get in and reach her. That's how it always had been, and how it should always be. She didn't care about any of these guys.

...Luce being missing just kept nagging at her though. Dammit.
    She and Luce were like two sides of a trick coin with two heads and no tails. They were on opposite sides of the coin but yet they still had the same face. The same eyes. They could understand each other more than the others could and yet that was what likely caused their friction. What led to a gun being pointed at Alexis's throat and a shotgun being pointed at Luce's gut in response. What led to a strange relationship between the two. Alexis did have to wonder if this was how real sisters acted. Well... maybe not as extreme, but most real sisters didn't have to contend with the Supernatural either. Despite the fact that Alexis was alone in the world, cutting herself off from everyone and everything.
    Despite the fact she was empty... Not letting anything cloud her or ruin her. She'd still (even if forced albeit) chosen to take the step in this direction. To be an Acolyte. To become a sibling to Luce. Not just Luce... but Adam and Scott, and even the new guys.
    Despite any of this, it all tied together anyway. Alexis could sort her head out later. She'd just stick with what she knew. She'd not be clouded. She'd be clear and concise. Their mission was simple. To get Luce back. That's all she needed to know. She didn't need to know whether it would help her own mind or not. She just needed to know that this was the next step.

And just like that, time passed. They had reached their destination. Getting out the car, Alexis was ready as Adam started giving instructions. "All right, here's the plan. Scott and I are going into that creepy-ass cabin,you three newbies are going to stay here and not do anything dangerous. You're going to stay safe and lick your wounds, got it?"
    Mulligan then pointed at Alexis.
    "She's your boss. She's going to keep an eye on you guys in case Leatherface or whatever horror-movie reject that lives here comes knocking."
    Oh great. Getting stuck on baby sitting duty. Alexis was used to watching her own back.
    At least with her older siblings they were capable, but these guys had no experience at all.
    "If....if anything does happen, you guys have guns. Shoot first, ask questions later. But you will do exactly and whatever Alice says."
    "Alexis." She corrected him.
    "She knows her way around a gun, can use her powers, and well, she's almost as creepy as half of the baddies we fight."
    Alexis wasn't too sure about the 'creepy' comment, but she simply nodded. "You heard him."

"You will not mess with my car and you will sit here in darkness, got that? Do not draw any attention to yourselves. If anything happens, call us. Flashlights and more weapons are in the trunk."
    "If we take longer than half an hour, don't go running in after us. If it's something Adam and I can't handle on our own, you new kids won't do any better. Call Lenny instead, got it?" Scott added. Alexis knew this was for her mainly. After all, she was 'apparently' in charge here and would therefore have to stop any possible idiocy from the others. She nodded at him simply.
    She stayed standing though, deciding not to sit back down in the car. She'd recovered well enough by now except for a few scratches, and she didn't want to get caught sitting on her ass if something did decide to go bump in the night. Which... knowing the luck of a hunter... It probably would.

17. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

It had been hours... Luce didn't feel tired at all. Despite the little demon snoring softly in her lap, she was brimming with energy. Her wounds had closed and just that had her full of questions. Was the his blood that fueled her regenerative powers? It wasn't like before at all. She felt like if she moved even a finger she'd break something else without trying. Already the room was trashed from her new telekinetic strength slipping out of her control. Nervous shivers rolled down her spine and she buried her fingers into Gaara's hair. This kid...this tiny being...was a demon? He didn't look like the demons she'd seen before. But... Remembering a few hours earlier, Luce recalled Gaara's odd form of punishment.

One Hour Earlier~

"You...want to what? Run that by me again." He didn't smile, "The stove works fine...and you'll heal right away. There shouldn't be a problem." Her stomach twisted, "Y-you just said you want to..." "I"m going to punish you, Lu. The good old way they do it in Hell. What's a little hot metal anyway?" That wasn't the frightening part. "Wh-where?" Walking around her, he stood on his tip toes and smacked his hand in the center of her back. "I'd much prefer everywhere but...we'll start with here." She was forced to her knees, the heavy weight of his telekinesis pushing her to the ground. Thankfully, her leg had healed so the jarring action only served to make her feel self conscious. He had her kneel in the kitchen on the dirt covered linoleum floor as he heated a chef's knife in the open flame from one of the burners on the stove. "Don't worry...it'll only hurt for a while. Of course...we could avoid this situation altogether if you'd just let me be with you forever." She knew what he wanted... "I told you...we all had that mark tattooed on our skin from the day we were found. There's nothing I can do about it now." Whether out of frustration, anger or denial, Gaara growled and slapped the bright orange, heated blade to her skin. Luce screamed until tears fell from her eyes. Bouncing around to stand in front of her, the little demon pressed an open mouthed kiss to her lips. He continued his form of punishment until there was a perfect circle of arrow shaped burn marks surrounding the Devil's Trap tattoo on her back. Of course, being kissed that many times by a little boy made her sick to her stomach. He sat back, rocking on his heels as he crouched in front of her, watching her regain her ability to speak. "Is it bad because I'm like this? You know I'm older than you in reality. Would it be better if this body were an adult? Would you like it more then?" "That's not...I...m-maybe..." she managed to whisper.

Currently~

'If he was an adult...I guess....it would be a bit more okay, but still...a demon's a demon.' Shaking her head, she lifted her hands to cover her face. A busy feeling pressed into her head. Her back felt better...but now... 'Adam...Scott...' What would her brothers say when they found out she'd spent a day with a demon and drank his blood? She could hide it from them but... "Lenny will know...he'll find out the second I step through the Roadhouse's door. I... Am I scared? What's to be afraid of, Luce? You've become the monster you wanted to be." A light flashed through the window and a mixture of dread and relief washed through her. They'd come for her... Gaara's eyes opened and he stared at her, "They'll come in here...with their guns and their knives...with that stupid meatbag and they'll destroy everything. I don't want to leave you..." Pursing her lips, she lifted him to set him on his feet, "Adam's not going to have mercy on a demon. You caused the accident...you took me from my family...kept me here...but...you've given me the power to destroy Azazel. For that...I thank you. I think you should leave while you still can." "Leave?! But if I disappear...you won't get the amount of blood you need everyday! I cannot enter that place again! It took everything I had just to enter it for a few minutes without them noticing. I can't do it again! Lu..." "I'll make due! Idiot, if you don't get going you're going to be history! If I have you to back me up...I know I can find and kill the Yellow-Eyed Demon. Please...for me." He gave her a regretful look before kissing her again, despite how awkward it felt, and left out the back door, vanishing into the darkness and the trees. 'And I'll do this for my mother. Mom...I'll kill him!'

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]

Adam scoffed at Scott as he sped in front of the stronger Acolyte. He held one gun in his right hand and his knife in his left as he stepped onto the porch and moved to the side of the door. Something...stunk. Adam felt a growl attempt to escape his throat, but he forced down as he held his weapons together and near his face as he crouched by the door, imitating a cop. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
    Whatever was in here was in for a rude awakening...if Luce hasn't torn to shreds already. That was the only scenario in his head. There was no chance whatsoever that the monster would have torn Luce to shreds...goddamn it, now that thought was in his head. Adam shook the thought, forcing it to the back of his head. He pulled the hammer of his gun back and opened his eyes as he silently gestured for Scott to kick the door in.
    'Now or never...we're coming for you, Luce.".

19. Arch Mana Knight

He would have preferred to do this alone, even if he knew Adam wouldn't hold him back. This was personal, but not just to him. Scott tightened his grip on his sword. Unconventional? Definitely. Inconvenient? Of course. To someone as strong as him however it was far more powerful than a bullet. It was time to show Adam why hisweapon was better by shoving it right up the demon's-

"Hng!" Scott grunted as he kicked the door which wasn't as sturdy as he thought it was which was only proven when it flew back off its hinges. He was immediately greeted by...nothing. He stepped inside, looking at the empty torn down room. It seemed that nobody had been living there for some time. Or someone really couldn't take care of their own place. Scott took several more steps inside, motioning for Adam to follow. "She has to be here." Scott muttered lowly, turning his head to look in the direction of an entrance to another room. There were some stairs as well though they barely looked able to support his own weight.

Scott growled. "I'll be upstairs." He didn't have to tell Adam to be careful. They both knew the drill. Keep it slow and check the corners. Always check the corners. Scott wasn't planning on going through every room with Adam. That would take too long. The first step creaked loudly as he stepped on it and the second stair cracked. 'Rotten wood. I better not fall through the floor once I'm up there.' The last thing he needed was to be impaled on a wooden board. Scott slipped the Demon Killing Knife out of his sleeve, grasping it in his free hand as he slowly climbed the stairs.

20. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce paced, feeling paranoia kick in. What if it wasn't her brothers that had come for her...but some stupid, red-neck gang of morons? That was the least of her problems. What would be worse...would be any form of supernatural creature when she didn't have her guns with her. She listened to the door burst down... Scott... And she heard his voice. She hadn't realized how cozy it made her feel until now. Like home...bundled all into one big lug of a man she refused to call her brother. Oh, the irony was killing her...it really was. She was the most violent of the group...how did it come to her poor, unfortunate brothers coming to her rescue? She listened to the stairs creak painfully. He was going to take his sweet time going up the stairs....wasn't he? Impatient, Luce marched out the door of the room she'd been cooped up in for days and stood at the top of the stairs, hands on her hips, glaring down at Scott. He was carrying that stupid sword again... "I'm a damsel...I'm in distress...and you take your time? Are you insane? What if I were bleeding out in here? Throat all torn up?" It wasn't the best "Hello, I've missed the hell outta you" she'd ever given...but she wasn't about to admit that anyway. "I hope you brought me a burger or somethin'. No? Candy bar? Piece of gum? Nothin'?" Solid food would've been nice...but...she didn't think she could keep it down. "Scott....I know you wanna hug me an all that creepy mushy stuff... You never listen to me so I'm going to say this twice! Don't touch me. Don't you even dare think of touching me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.