|Supernatural: S1| Acolytes of Azazel

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: Seems that Bueno is a little preoccupied and everyone else is either busy or exploding spontaneously. SO IT IS TIME FOR ANOTHER POST. *Cough* >>;

BIC:

Something else was wrong, that was for sure. Scott looked down and touched the place on his chest where Luce had placed her hand. 'So she really is afraid.' He sighed out and watched Luce get into her car. This was worse than just any "off day" for them. Even Adam was on edge...more than usual at least. Scott could only wonder if Lenny and Alexis were feeling the same as well.

"Hey Luce." Scott called out, heading over towards her. They still had a few minutes left before the others got themselves ready. 'Maybe I could use this time to make sense of all this.' He stopped near the door and leaned forward against the car's frame. "Don't let it get to you. A little fear is good but...well, you're looking a little pale. More so than you normally do." He joked, hoping to lighten the mood a little even if he wasn't feeling so great himself. "I was kinda joking about things going wrong. Something bad might happen, but if it does then there's nothing we can't handle together. ...Or is something else on your mind? What's going on in that head of yours?" Scott paused as he leaned in closer, lowering his voice. "I'll tell you my thoughts if you tell me yours." He added in, hoping that would persuade Luce to let it off her chest.

2. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

OOC: Wow, it's been a while since I last posted. I'm so sorry. Gonna fix that now obviously.​
    [​IMG]
    Alexis decided to just get on with what she was told to do. ...Something seemed strange with everyone. She could feel it in the air and read it from the expressions on their faces. What was it? It was mainly her older siblings of the Acolytes. She hadn't seen it so much in the faces of the new Acolytes yet, but the older ones would suddenly get something irking at them. It was subtle at times since they themselves could be good at hiding it, but Alexis was just skilled at picking up on the subtlest of reactions. Part of her street smarts at work. Even so... Right now, despite being the middle sibling of the Acolyes, she was too inexperienced to even attempt to understand what it could be. Lenny seemed to be handling things in a way. She would have to trust him to handle the others, but still make sure she watched her own back. She wasn't ready to trust the others with her well-being entirely just yet even though she knew that one day, she'd have to whether she liked it or not.

She went to the storage facility of the road house and started to stock up on things they might need, whether it be weapons, to ammo, to salt or any of the other usual hunting stuff that she'd been taught was useful over the time she'd spent as an Acolyte. If worse came to worse, she could always resort to her powers to keep everyone stocked up on what was needed, but of course that was still limited. It was better to be prepared now than to have to resort to such a method later.
    She carried the stuff bits at a time to the cars, going back and forth, not paying attention to the conversations any of the other Acolytes may have been having. At last she was done, that should be enough anyway she believed. Luce and Scott were still in the middle of a conversation of some kind. Knowing she shouldn't eavesdrop and it not being in her nature, she waited nearby and leaned against a wall with her arms folded, out of ear shot so she couldn't overhear them, but close enough that she'd be ready to leave when they were. She felt in her pocket, he hand running along the edge of the fold up knife Mulligen had given her, and then checked the other one realizing she was missing something. It must be in her room... She could go back to get it, but it wasn't a big deal. Instead she held out her hand... and visualized it. Every edge... the glimmer of the screen, every component, and then she focused on it... willed it to come to her. Willed logic to defy itself and for it to be there like it was just a normal fact. It wasn't in her room, it was in her hand.
    And then it was.
    Alexis had never had a phone in her life before, but Lenny said she needed one to keep in contact with the 'family' and had gotten her one the next chance he had. The SIM was encrypted and the phone was a decent model, but durable. She'd had no idea how to use thing at first, but she was picking it up as she went along as it seemed a pretty vital skill. She had four numbers only of course in her contacts: Adam (Mulligan), Lenny, Luce and finally Scott.
    She casually glanced over the names before pocketing her phone. It was set to vibrate of course as it going off at the wrong time could be a disaster. She knew though that even a vibration could be a disaster depending on what they were hunting, but she was sure the other Acolytes would set an example she could follow. Regardless... now all she could do was wait for them to get moving.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    Adam growled as he made a turn. The upstairs held more than the bedrooms of the Acolytes: At the top of the stairs, bedrooms lined up the right and left. At the end, the hallway turned to the right with a bathroom to the left and two storage rooms to the right with a wall between them, a single window letting in sunlight. "Alright, grunts, time to get armed and dangerous," he said as he stopped in front of the first door. It stood out easily, such as the door next to it; both doors were steel, shining as the sun rays hit them from the window. The glowing silver of the doors were like beacons in the middle of the dark wood that the surrounding walls were apparently made of. Adam pushed, but the door did not budge; there was no doorknob or handle. "Right," he grumbled. He placed his hand on the door again and focused. The door was locked in such a way that only the Acolytes could open it. As Adam mentally grabbed hold of the locking mechanism in the door, he forced it upwards into the door and then physically pushed it open with his hand and then quickly with his mind. He inhaled sharply. "I'll teach you that...sometime," he told the newbies. Only a psychic can open the doors to the upper floor storage rooms, but it had to be a skilled psychic since, once the lock was shifted, the door was too heavy for the average human to push...at least easily. "'kay, little brothers and sisters, welcome to Weapon Room Alpha, named it myself," he told them as he opened his arms. The room was rectangular and long, with the ceiling a few feet over Adam's white hair. On the right side, on the shelves, were many knives of different kinds, as well as brass knuckles and other types of close-combat weapons. On the floor beneath the shelves, boxes of ammunition. On the left, there were many types of firearms, though they were simple pistols and shotguns. There were different kinds, but definitely nothing Adam would call an "assault weapon." He smiled. It had been a while since he had been in the room for the first time. "Weapons for baby hunters, like yourselves. So here's the deal: don't gawk, don't experiment. Find a gun that's comfortable for you, not too heavy. If you want a knife or something of the sort, grab it as well. Stick to one of each for now."

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

Entering the Weapon Storage room, Zeke looked around at all the weapons. He'd never seened this many in one place before. Infact, the most he's even seen was his dad's gun closet. Though he didn't spend too long looking around, mainly due to what Adam had said. Instead he headed towards the handguns and looked for one. He still had his father's gun in his coat pocket, so he would only need one extra one. Scanning the selections for something that would fit his needs, he saw a gun that was perfect for him. A closer examination showed that it was a Colt 1911 pistol. It was perfect for him. With his arsenal selected, he headed away from the weapons and waited for the others.

5. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce stared at the steering wheel as Scott spoke. It wasn't until he leaned closer to her that she shivered and clutched one hand at her seat and the other around her keys. She'd sworn never again on several things but she was no nun. "Not like you to worry about what makes me uncomfortable..." Her mind felt like someone has shoved a whisk into it and was beating a few eggs. "You...." 'his thoughts...' "remember our mission to Minnesota? Looking for the missing hikers I found something else..." 'is this okay?' "A boy...he couldn't have been no more than seven years old... He was just...standing there in the woods. What was I supposed to do, leave him? I..." His face flashed in her minds eye. "I asked him the basic questions...where his family was...where he lived...what he was doing there... But he just smiled at me..." Luce's breathing sped up at the memory...almost as if she could go back and snag the child up and imprison him in a small cage. "When I heard the wendigo...I took my eyes off him for a second...when I looked back he was gone. Vanished..." Her ice blue eyes slowly roamed up to meet Scott's gaze. Her stubbornness to keep her secrets to herself and her desire to invite the warmth of Scott into her frozen world warred inside her heart. Letting go of her seat, Luce reached up and out her still open door. Fingers curling into the collar of Scott's shirt, she purposefully pressed her fingers against his skin, "Nothing makes sense anymore... Something about that child didn't feel right. Scott..." Scott... His name filled her head, thrown into the mess that she called a mind...but it had been there since they'd met. Plastered on the walls of her sanity.

6. Arch Mana Knight

"There's more to me than just muscle, Luce." Though he didn't want to add in what else there was to himself. That was a story he had only recently told the others. It was just a partial truth to something much more painful. 'Minnesota?' Until Luce brought up the wendigo, he could barely remember it. He was hungover from the demon's blood at the time.

Scott fixed his eyes on hers as he listened to Luce, focusing on her story. Bit by bit, he pieced the information together. 'Why...is she looking at me like that?' Scott tapped his fingers against the door frame nervously as he quickly responded before he lost his composure. "That's the thing...nothing really needs to make sense. There was nothing for you to do. It wouldn't be a good idea to have a kid tag along for something so danger-" His eyes darted down to Luce's hand. "Luce..." Everything told him to hesitate. Nothing good could come from honesty. What reason was there to- 'No. No more waiting.'

He reached up towards Luce's hand to pull it away from his collar. With how cold she usually acted it was surprising to him that her skin felt much warmer than his own. "Remember when I told you that I don't see you as a sister?" Scott lowered his head, laughing quietly to himself. "I thought it was obvious by now that I care about you more than that. Still, I can't blame you for not figuring that out. We're not exactly the pinnacle of sanity."

7. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce stifled a whimper of protest as he removed her hand from his collar. Scott radiated warmth, as did Adam and Lenny and even somehow Alexis. It was a warmth that Luce wished to surround herself with, to bury her cold body inside and stay there. Alas, it was a warmth she was banished from basking in. Luce, herself, knew physical touch wasn't a big thing for her brothers and sisters. Luce desired it, craved it even. But touch was a no-no as was everything Scott had just allowed to spill from his lips. Caring...emotions...feelings...love. They were all things she couldn't process. His words about caring about her more than as a sister fell on deaf ears and ran smack into a defensive wall. As she'd told Lenny before, she was human...even with demon blood, and humans had needs. A need she wanted to fulfill and could've if they'd left already for their mission. Ordinary men were easy...a touch, a smile, a few suggestive words and they were puppets on a string. Scott was Scott...he, Adam and her new brothers were off-limits to the inner Luce who was a salve to her desires.
    "You shouldn't say such things. They're stupid and foolish.... I don't handle with feelings other than-" She bit her tongue hard and stood, putting herself awkwardly close to him. Luce didn't deal with feelings of love, nor did she manipulate them to get what she wanted and say 'maybe she'd fall for him later', but Lucielle, rapee, dealt specifically in that...minus the fall for him later bit.
    Shuffling around him and what he called 'not all muscle', Luce nervously stumbled around to the trunk of her car. Rummaging through her limited armory stashed underneath a fake bottom, Luce paused, her mind finally working around to the other things Scott had said. "Nothing...needs to make sense? Nothing I could've done?!" Her blue eyes flashed with hurt, "I could've protected him! I should have grabbed him and taken him back to that damn forest ranger! I should have damn well hugged the little b*stard when I found him playing f*cking house in my bedroom!" Realizing a bit slowly at what she'd said and how much she'd told Scott before weren't the same, Luce backed away from Scott.

"Nice...blabbing just like you used to do, Lucy. You're a real good secret keeper. That boy will die if not by Lenny's hands...then by your boyfriend's."
    Luce shook her head defiantly at the echoing phantom words in her shattered heart and she replayed his innocent expressions in her mind. Fear, desire, anger, hurt, guilt...they all chased each other around on her face.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    "Good choice," Adam chuckled at Zeke when he saw the newbie's selection. "Always a classic," he told his new 'brother' as he waited for the others to make their choice. "You'll hear more later, but..." he nodded towards Zeke's new gun, "Colts mean something special to Hunters. They're a....well, it's like a religious symbol. Sort of...our cross, you know?"

9. Arch Mana Knight

"Um..." 'What?' Scott coughed as he turned to watch Luce awkwardly shuffle past him. What was he supposed to think of that? Things only piled up. "When we get back, you should tell Lenny about this. You're not going to deal with this alone, I can guarantee you that. From what I can gather..." He paused for a moment. A kid who disappears and shows up in Luce's room? That definitely wasn't normal. After assuring himself that it was creepy he finished his sentence with, "It isn't a normal kid. I don't think it was possible for you to help him. Either that or we've really gone off the deep end and have all started hallucinating." Whether Luce paid attention to it or not, Scott unwittingly let off that she wasn't alone with what had been happening.

'If there's a demon involved, exorcise it. If not...I don't like the thought of killing a kid. Monster or not.' He shrugged it off. Whatever came their way, they would deal with it when the time came. Scott eyed Luce as she backed away. 'How could you care for an emotional wreck like that? Attachment is for the weak, don't you remember? The last time-'

'No! Shut up! I'm not hearing this.' Scott coughed once more as he cleared his mind. "So...all this 'feeling' stuff is foolish? Listen." Scott walked closer, shutting the trunk of Luce's car as he walked by it. "I've been forward with you, I've been nice and cuddly, and I've even been honest with you about all this emotional crap. I've got one thing to say and-" Scott took a deep breath. No one lives forever. Especially not in this line of work. "You know what? All I've got is this." He acted level-headed, he did his best to never get emotional, and yet here he was doing the opposite of everything he knew was best. Some times, he just had to go with his gut. So he kissed her. The girl that could kill someone with her touch and even open a jar(a superhuman effort in itself) with no effort. Maybe he should have taken a breath mint beforehand...though it wasn't like he planned this all out.

10. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Everything Scott had said fled from her memory. Her heart slammed into her rib cage. Her mind repeated what'd she'd always told herself. 'Don't touch' Touch turned into death and she didn't want to lose her family. And yet her body moved on it's own. What should've ended kept going. Twining her fingers through his hair and taking a step closer, Luce bit down on his bottom lip with enough force to draw blood. Licking the salty liquid from the small wound, she purred, feeling much better than her panicked state before. Humans were always so warm and giving. They were also breakable under her inhuman strength. But Scott wasn't breakable. If anything, he was stronger than she was. A haze settled over her thoughts, drowning out the screams of a trapped and frightened teenager, and she pushed for more.

11. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

OOC: Short post is short, but this needs to be done. XD

[​IMG]
    Alexis was still waiting when the unbelievable happened. While she couldn't listen from here which was perfect, she unfortunately was still rather capable of seeing. From nowhere... Scott and Luce were kissing.
    Alexis put effort into her back and stopped leaning against the wall. "About time." she mumbled before walking around the corner to get away from the sight and give them yet more privacy.

12. Arch Mana Knight

He expected it to go wrong. So why didn't it? For a moment Scott believed he was dreaming, thinking that the fact that Luce actually kissed him back was only some prelude to a nightmare. A faint sting on his lip snapped him back to reality. Scott pulled Luce closer before reluctantly breaking it off after a long moment. Having Adam or, even worse, Lenny see them wasn't exactly something he wanted. It wasn't so much for Luce's sake of privacy as it was for his own paranoia. He could feel it, some kind of distrust and he had no way of knowing how they'd react to a display of affection for someone who was supposed to be his "sister". Scott had already told her that he didn't see her like-

"Not bad...huh?" Scott spoke up as he stared down at Luce, forcing himself from his own cluttered thoughts. "I'm glad you didn't hit me for that." He added in a lighter tone. Scott showed a faint smile before averting his gaze. Doing that a second time was only asking for trouble. He held back a cough and breathed deeply thought it wasn't any help. His heart didn't slow no matter how much he willed it too. "Think we could raincheck this? I don't think that this little errand will wait just for us."

Though there was evidence against this statement since many posts had been made and not everyone was even ready to leave yet. Little did Boy Wonder know, Arch blamed him for this because he felt like it. And Bueno could suck it. B|

13. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Warmth covered her, for once she felt warm. Being set back away from him brought the chill back to her skin. Taking a deep breath, she let it out slowly. Nodding slowly at his question, she lifted a hand to her lips. "I'd hit you if the strength would come back to my arms. You shouldn't have kissed me, Scott. That's not fair." Fair? Was she really going to throw out that word? "I've known you for a long time...no...that's not right. I don't....sleep with guys who can actually hold me down." She wished her heart would stop beating so fast...she wished she didn't still taste him on her tongue. The reminder of her reasons barely lifted the fog in her head.

14. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    As they walked through the hallway Sophie took this opportunity to peer into the rooms they passed, inspecting them the best she could without falling behind. Unfortunately that meant she could only get a few glances in, but at least it proved enough to show her that they were fit for her.

But that no longer mattered as they reached shinning silver doors that drew in her full attention. They were even opened a special way. "Nice."

Once inside she was dazzled by the amount and types of weapons they had. It was a tease until the fact that they were here to pick up anything they wanted became obvious. It was like an early Christmas once she heard that.

The no gawking rule was broken before it had even been made and continued to be so for several seconds afterwards until Sophie finally ran to the right and began shifting through the knives. It was like watching a kid in a candy store no doubt, as she picked one up to play with it for a bit before moving on to the next. She was, however, able to settle on a hunting knife which she attached to her belt before long before moving over to the guns.

A nice silver pistol stuck out most to her so it was loaded and taken. After that another gander at the knives was taken but more for just looking than getting this time. How lovely they all were...

"Ahem...anyway... I'm waiting outside," with a nervous laugh Sophie left the room and went back downstairs while hoping Adam didn't mind this. She was just becoming a bit anxious with heading out now, especially with this new knife resting on her hip. Sure it was supposed to be a simple job but maybe she could put it to use? So with that thought she exited the building with a bounce in her step as she paced, waiting for the rest.

15. Arch Mana Knight

"You know, it's really hard to believe that when you enjoyed it as much as I did." He brought a hand up to the cut on his lip and wiped off a drop of blood that remained. "Well, maybe a little more than I did." Scott teased, lowering his hand. He thought for a moment, holding back what would have been a witty(or stupid) response to Luce mentioning that he could 'hold her down'. "I'm not asking for that much. After this errand we could..." Scott paused. 'Could what?' He asked himself silently, thinking it over. "Do something normal. Just the two of us. ...If there's time...and if we're both not mortally wounded by then..." Scott trailed off. Bringing something like that up only made him nervous.

Scott looked over to the side, seeing one of the new Acolytes walk out of the Roadhouse. With what had just happened, Scott couldn't piece together her face with her name. 'At least she's out of earshot.'

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

"Thanks." Zeke replied. He didn't really know how special a Colt was, but he just took his word for it and left it at that. When he saw another newbie walk past him. "I'll be outside then." Placing the new gun into his pocket, outside and waited. As he waited, he kept both of his hand in his pocket, near his two gun. Maybe now he could use his fathers gun for something other than a memento. Still that didn't mean he wasn't going to take care of it, now it wouldn't just be a gun his carrying around with him.

17. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

At the word normal, Luce growled. "The only reason I enjoyed it is because I've been starved of any sort of intimate contact for years, Scott! You think dangling the word normal around is going to make me feel any less of a freak?!" Her blood boiled and she took a long step backwards, putting enough distance between them. "That...will never happen and neither will what just happened. I'll never kiss you again, so don't even think about trying it again." Stepping around him, her cold arrogance returning finally, she cast him an icy glare over her shoulder, "I'd rather spend my time with a bunch of mundane humans than someone who talks about worthless things like feelings." Hopping into her car, slamming the door and rolling up the window, she busied herself with situating her car for more people than just her. Removing a briefcase filled with not papers but monster hunting tools off the backseat and under the passenger seat.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    Feeling antsy, Adam started to tap his right foot in a rhythm. He crossed his arms as he watched Sophie skedaddle out of Weapon Room Alpha. It was semi-awkward, he thought, how easily and ready she accepted her new killing instruments. But hey, Hunters. He smiled a bit, noting that he suddenly had high hopes for that one. "Just one left," he told Eliza, nodding in her direction.
    It was almost time for them to head out. They were wasting time, but he would rather that the newbies be armed for anything...well, anything that may happen. He turned his back to them for a moment as peeked down the hallway at the window. 'I wonder if we'll hit any weather,' he thought as he started to walk down the hallway towards the window for a look at the sky.
    'SHE WAS YOUR MOTHER, ADAM!'
    He stopped, looking around. 'What. The. Hell?' He heard it...but he didn't. It was..."Imagination," he grumbled. "Man, I gotta quit drinking," he half-heartedly assured himself as he reached the window. The sky was blue. Not a single cloud. It was...a happy sky. Too happy. Adam hated beautiful days like this. He silently cursed people who could go outside and play sports or something, without a care in the world, as he turned around and started walking back. "Alright, everyone," he said aloud, clapping his hands, "Let's get the show on the-*cough* *cough*" He stopped again, raising his hand to his mouth to cover his cough. "Sorry," he muttered. "Freakin' nature," he cast blame. "We're allergic to nice days," he joked back in Weapon Room Alpha, "Hunters prefer nights. Everyone ready?"

19. Arch Mana Knight

Scott kicked at the ground and sighed out heavily as he watched Luce storm off and head into her car. 'And there's the reaction I was waiting for.' He crossed his arms as he slowly headed over towards Adam's car. There was no chance in hell that Luce would want to talk to him now. She'd cool off after a long drive as always. 'This is why I don't involve myself with relation-' No, that wasn't true. Before Lenny found him, his life was filled with nothing but violence and death. Even with how Luce acted, he preferred this over anything else.

Scott held a hand over his mouth as he coughed. He glanced over towards the Roadhouse as another newbie walked out. They were making slow progress. Now Scott only wished for Adam to hurry the last one up so they could get out of here. He was just itching for something to stick his sword into...no not in that kind of way you perverts. Arch then forgot the rest of what he was going to post because he has priorities right now.

20. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    "Alright then," Adam said as he led the newbies out of the weapons room after they finished. "If we're all armed, we're good to go. No need to strap ourselves like a small army for a pick-up," he told them, before adding to himself, 'Though I'd feel better if we were.' He took a deep breath before turning. "Alright, round two, door." He grabbed the large steel door by the edge and started to pull while tugging at it with his mind. As soon as the door started moving, he let go and took a step back, making sure his hands didn't get slammed between the door and doorway. He pulled harder with his mind, keeping his eyes focused on the locking mechanism protruding from the edge. Right before the it hit the doorway, he mentally grabbed the mechanism, pushed it into the door, and let the door slam before freeing the door entirely from his mind's grip. The door slammed shut with a loud thud! followed by a loud click! He sighed for a moment to catch his breath before turning. "That's that, then. Everyone outside to the cars. Last one out gets a bullet through the foot," he joked (or not) as he started powerwalking towards the stairs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.