|Supernatural: S1| Acolytes of Azazel

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord-insan-E-O Traverse Town Homebody

"So just you two then?" Johnny said to Scott and Zeke. Johnny was a tad disappointed that Cat wasn't riding with them, she seem fun to annoy. Johnny started up the SUV, with the engine roaring fairly loud. He unlocked the front and back doors and motioned for them to get in.
    He was a little weary of them especially of Zeke, you ALWAYS need to watch the quiet ones, and he didn't hide his feeling from them either, you could tell by his face. Johnny flipped through the radio channels, but he couldn't get a station. "So, um sorry I guess for the whole trying to kill you thing. Hunters, being paranoid is a must." Johnny said with a genuine tone. "Oh by the way, about the one that came with Lenny...is she legal or what's the deal? Or what about the blonde, I like her she's feisty." Johnny said being back to his normal dickness.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    "Sure, I'll take the witches," Adam said as he motioned for the girls to get in his car. Part of him was hoping to ride with other guys, but most of him just couldn't care. So as he motioned for Alexis and Cat to join Eliza in his car while Zeke and Scott moved towards Johnny's, he tucked his weapons away. "Rule 1: no one touches my radio, but me," he told everyone (specifically Cat since she hadn't ridden in his car yet). He slid into the driver's seat, narrow eyes watching Luce and Lenny. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Lenny would get to the bottom of what happened and take care of it...but what would he do about the amount of Demon Blood that Luce has so obviously drank? This was something that Adam was taught would lead to them being...well, on the other end of the gun. Could Lenny really do that? Would They arrive at the Roadhouse only to find that Luce didn't? Though Adam was extremely sure that Lenny didn't have it in him to do something like that, a small sliver of his inner mind worried that Lenny could...that the whole father/children relationship that they have all developed did not mean more than the actual mission to hunt down Azazel...that disobedience must be punished...was that true? To Adam, it seemed like the brother/sister relationship that they had with Luce was definitely less important than their mission...and for some reason, that hurt. Adam shrugged and started his car. Goddamn, he needed a drink. "Who's riding passenger?" He asked the girls as he started his music, not caring to hear the answer.

[​IMG]
    Lenny said nothing at first as he started driving down the mountain road. The roar of the engine was loud, so Lenny made sure to roll all of the windows up. He could sense the Demonic energy pouring from Luce next to him...he could taste the acidic, metallic taste of Demon blood in the air...smell its sulfuric scent...hear its hellish roar, all emanating from Luce. But...she was calm; well, calmer than the Special Children of his generation had been when this 'drunk.' Then again, his generation's Special Children didn't really find themselves riding home with a father figure after getting shitfaced from Demon Blood. Lenny sighed. Maybe...his set-up with the Acolytes was having a much different effect than he intended...it was definitely becoming much more familial than he thought it would when he first found Luce. So...what should he do? He obviously would read her entire memory of everything to find out what happened; perhaps Azazel himself was involved. But first..."Loos," he said, sternly without taking his eyes off the road. "Anything ya want to tell me?"

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Cat listened to Adam, hardly interested in messing with his radio regardless. Still, she was still new to the Acolytes: an outsider trying to fit in, and she knew better than to make a bad first impression. When he asked who wanted to ride shotgun, she spoke up, almost without thought. "I'm game if nobody else minds." She wasn't too fond of staying in the background, especially with this bunch. She had to make herself known, for better or for worse, and if that started by sitting up front then so be it. She opened the door and slid effortlessly into the seat. Once she slammed it shut, she rested her right arm against the portion beneath the window. She felt the gun's holster rub against her side, still heavy with the weight of the weapon. She was glad that she hadn't had to use it up until now, but she knew that would have to change. She'd been here for a while, but the weight of truth kept falling on her, slowly but surely. This life wasn't pretty, and it sure as hell wasn't easy, but they'd have to do whatever it took.
    Maybe Luce had been right... maybe Lenny was just training them for the inevitable dogfight. Her mind wandered into a thousand different scenarios, most of which she wished she hadn't conjured up, but there was one that kept her hopeful: a dead Azazel, killed by any one of them, but lying lifeless on the ground regardless of who'd done the deed. It was the only thing any of them could really look forward to now. "Man," she thought to herself. "I really could use a drink right about now..."

4. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Her blood ran cold...her body felt hot, cold, wet, dry, slimy, and dirty at the same time. It was maddening. Would the others feel like this if they'd drunk all that blood? She couldn't imagine them standing the sensations. All she wanted was to drown herself in a shower, change into a pair of fuzzy pants and erase the taste of the demon from her mouth with large amounts of alcohol. Though the scent of Lenny that filled his vehicle was familiar and comforting, it was stifling now. She'd never realized how much he generally smelt like smoke and booze.

Lenny asked her if there was something she wanted to tell him... His voice didn't sound sympathetic. But...she hadn't expected it to be. He knew...he had to know already. The stench of demon blood was probably smeared all over her own scent. Normally, Luce enjoyed the vanilla scented shampoo she used and she'd made sure to purchase the same body wash and conditioner. It was something she'd been ridiculously happy about buying. Even if she had to buy it again every few weeks. Now...she couldn't smell it at all. Gaara's scent was rubbed all over her body and the smell of sulfur embedded in her blood. Luce avoided Lenny's gaze, avoided looking at him, she even tried to avoid smelling him. Lying was pointless.

Luce lifted her hand from her lap, staring at her palm as she opened her mouth to respond. Scott's words came to mind. Deny and change the subject. Lie. Tracing the line of the faint scar on her palm from the glass that had cut into her skin as she tried to escape the turned over car. "I..." anger bubbled in her heart, "I did..." that anger transformed into rage and she closed her hand to suppress it. "I've done a good thing, Lenny," she couldn't believe the words that left her mouth. "That demon...he gave me the power to kill Azazel." Hadn't the impression that they'd change if they took in too much blood been drilled into their heads? She hadn't changed at all. "Why didn't you tell us before the amount of power we could be using if we drank more? Did you really fear us going mad with power just because we consumed a little more of what we normally use?" She turned towards Lenny, blue eyes narrowed in anger, "If drinking that much makes me a monster...then I'll accept that. I need to be a monster if I'm going to kill Azazel. You've had us operating on a human level...that's why we haven't been able to find him! Face the facts, Lenny, none of us are human! Why should I go on pretending to be something I'm not!?" The image of her father's pitying smile flashed into her head, stoking the flame of her rage, "I was born for a purpose. If killing Azazel isn't that, then what the hell is it!? You act like you know everything! Then tell me why I was born! Tell me why I had to go through my life to get to this point! Tell me WHY!" She hadn't meant to, but her fist had flung out and smacked against the window. Spider cracks spread out from where she'd struck it.

Swallowing down her voice to keep any more hateful words from spilling out, Luce spoke in a quieter, much colder tone. "If you're going to kill me just because I got stronger...then do it. I'd rather die than allow my power to disappear before I can kill that worthless b@stard, Azazel."

5. Arch Mana Knight

"Oh by the way, about the one that came with Lenny...is she legal or what's the deal? Or what about the blonde, I like her she's feisty."

"She's fifteen." Scott said with a straight face as he entered the vehicle on the passenger side, letting Zeke go to the back seat. It was an awkward fit getting his blade to sit beside him but he managed it without losing his composure. He knew it was going to be a long drive but had no intention of making it eventful. Why would he bother speaking anyways? He folded his arms and stared at the road as Lenny stayed ahead of them. Scott only wondered what he was saying to Luce. He clenched his fist, ready to steal control of the car if he heard a gunshot.

None came. 'Not yet.' He grimly thought as his eyes fixed on Lenny's jeep. Scott's paranoia had only skyrocketed when Lenny showed up. He had not felt this kind of hostility towards Lenny in a long time. Surely Lenny wouldn't hurt Luce even if she had taken in all that demon's blood. At the same time, Scott could only imagine Lenny pulling the trigger. 'His powers won't work on my sword. If I threw it hard enough...' He blinked, trying to keep his thoughts away from what had not even happened yet and what might not even happen. Scott took a deep breath and slowly breathed out to let his anger subside.

It didn't. He tapped his finger against the sheathe of his sword which he had discarded before even entering the cabin where they found Luce. Scott had never picked it up. It was the work of plot magic. Scott remained silent as he stared straight ahead with only more disturbing and increasingly violent thoughts to fill his already cluttered mind.

6. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]
    Alexis had nothing to say as she got into one of the rear seats of the car. But that suited her just fine, she'd already spoken so much today anyway which was completely out of character for her. Personally, she'd have preferred to sit shotgun up front instead, but Cat had beaten her to it and it's not like it completely affected her much anyway.
    Mulligan had mentioned something about the radio, but already Alexis's mind was blanking everything out as it worked through everything so far.
    ...She needed to watch herself. She was in danger of losing contact with what she was. With who she was.
    She rested her head on the window on her side and closed her eyes. ...Just who was she?
    She was empty, she was incorruptible, she was untouchable. That's how it should be.

Who was she to these guys though?

She was considered to be some sort of sister, but was she really? She tried to look at the others as her siblings, but could she really? The newer Acolytes aside, Alexis had been at the Roadhouse for just over a month, so it was natural she'd feel like the third wheel. That she would feel like she didn't fit in. That was obviously in part because she herself made it difficult. That she wouldn't let herself get too close to any of them. She could admit to that instantly. But... did she really belong? No matter what she seemed to do among them, nothing ever seemed to sit well with the others. It was hard for even her to see (someone who could see things clearly in most any situation) just what her place was here. It made sense... The other three had been together much longer and even then they didn't always see eye to eye. Alexis wasn't about to feel sorry for herself or anything, but this situation was completely foreign to her. Just what exactly was she doing here? Why was she here?
    ...The answer was Azazel. As it was for all of them.
    Azazel... and Lenny. If not for Lenny, none of them would be here like this. How much did the old man really care about them all?
    That was the question not only on her mind, but the rest of the older Acolytes. Luce was probably the closest to Lenny and right now... the question was... by the time they reached the Roadhouse, would Luce still be among the living?
    Just how much did Lenny care about them all? Enough to not put a bullet through their heads no matter what? ...Depending what happened to Luce now would show them all just what they too were worth to Lenny.

It might be better for Alexis to leave this group. Take her chances on her own. After all... the only reason she had stayed was because in one way she had nothing else. Getting revenge on Azazel was a goal. It was direction. It was meaning. ...Having a home for once as chaotic as it was, was... something more than nothing. She was already nothing herself though. She'd gotten by until now by herself until now. It's not like she couldn't return to her old ways.
    She couldn't leave in one way anyway. If she tried, she knew Lenny would hunt her down. Likely alongside her siblings. She had no doubt in her mind that any of them would not hesitate either to kill her if Lenny said so. But in the end, this made her and in part the rest of them no better than a prisoner. A circle of freaks collected together for revenge. ...Was this really family material?
    Was this what Family was?
    Alexis couldn't remember her family or what it was like, so she had nothing to compare it too.
    But... staying in this 'family' could get her killed, and trying to leave could get her killed. ...So what difference did it make?

Alexis wasn't about to leave, sure.
    But... she wasn't about to wait around to be killed either if something changed about the situation.
    Alexis was a survivor. That was who she was. ...And she would survive no matter what it meant.

For now... all that was left to do was to wait. The car journey would be long, and Alexis didn't want to talk to anyone, so she feigned sleep by keeping her eyes closed.
    She had no doubts Mulligan himself would see she was faking, but the other girls likely wouldn't notice, and knowing Mulligan he would at least respect her privacy. ...Maybe.

7. lord-insan-E-O Traverse Town Homebody

The car ride was pretty silent. Johnny made sure to keep one eye on Scott and another on the road. The way Scott was zeroed in on the car Lenny and Luce was in and the way he was tapping on his sword made Johnny a bit uneasy. "Them's the breaks. Reminds me of this job I had to do at this High School. Man this one cheerleader mm....she was bendy. I wonder if she's legal now? I should call her up and take some shore leave some time." Johnny said breaking the silence. When Johnny gets nervous he tends to say whatevers on his mind.
    "So, what's you guy's names? Or should I call you Chuckles and Samurai Jackass? I'm Johnny, Johnny Parker by the way." Johnny asked as he put a CD in the radio. The CD was made up of different songs he ripped of the net. He made sure the volume was down so he could hear their answers, if any.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: Sorry, guys. Mixture of broken laptop and staying at a friend's without internet has left me offline for the majority of the past two weeks. Here now~
    BIC:

[​IMG]
    The drive was quiet so far, save for his music. Normally, Adam would have preferred it that way...but, for some reason, it made him antsy. He tapped his fingers against the steering wheel, but not to the beat. His lack of caring earlier had subsided ad now...now, he needed for something to happen. "So...damn it, someone say something. Newbies? Any thoughts on hunting now?" He asked it with a hint of snark.

[​IMG]
    Lenny swallowed; his throat felt tight. His fingers tensed around the steering wheel, holding it tightly. He listened to Luce, the answers to her questions either didn't make sense to himself, or they wouldn't form correctly. He almost flinched when she cracked the window, but...he was trained better than that. "Luce..." he started, dropping the affectionate nickname. "We-" he stopped short, not finishing the sentence. Not once did he look at Luce. His eyes were narrow and staring at the road as sweat formed around his brow. He could kill her...he should. That was the deal, right? Use Azazel's powers to hunt him down together or die before you became a monster...which Luce was convinced she did. It would be easy to kill her, even with the Demon Blood's influence. She wouldn't resist, he didn't think, but even if she did, it wouldn't be too difficult. Sure, they would be a struggle and the jeep may get wrecked in the process. His telekinesis could keep her weapons away and he would be able to avoid her touch...sure, her telekinesis is more powerful now, but she wasn't as experienced with it as he was. He would just have to...put...a...single...bullet...between...her...
    The aged hunter shook the thought out of his head. Why hasn't his hand moved towards his gun? Lenny sighed. Of course not...he didn't intend for the Acolytes to become a family when he first decided to form them...but now? He loved them. "Luce...would you...would you kill me if I tried to kill you? Or Mulligan? Scott? Alexis? If any of us tried to stop you right now, what would you do? If Parker, a human hunter, tried to put a bullet in your skull right now, because he thinks you're a Demon, would you kill him? Even if he's just a normal man doing what I taught you to do?"

9. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Confused. It was the best word to describe the lack of holes being shot into her skull. Luce frowned, she had no answer for any of those questions. But why? A monster should be able to turn her back on anyone for the sake of her overall goal. Kill Azazel...it was simple and straightforward. Yet he asked if she would kill her so-called siblings...Lenny...and the worthless human? Sure she was fond of Adam and her feelings were rather mixed on the subject of Alexis simply because she saw far too much of herself in the girl. Alexis was a girl that hadn't given up when Luce had and it made her jealous of her resolve. Scott...would require a lot more smothering her conscience to actually seriously hurt. The human she had no problem imagining putting a bullet through his throat. But Lenny....he was the only one...the only one she felt truly uneasy about. To go at him with the intent to kill tied her stomach into painful knots. A pain similar to tearing something in half tore through her skull.

"I have no problem doing any of it."

What?
    An icy, slithering cold wrapped around her soul.

"I'd rather tear the worthless human's head off with my bare hands but a bullet through his head would still bring a smile to my face I'm sure."

A smile? Would killing someone as insignificant as the human really make her happy?
    She started to wrap her arms around herself, a reflex and habit, but forced herself to stop and sit still.

"I think its obvious I don't like Alexis. Untouchable? Ha! Even if she pulled the trigger when I did, the girl has very little experience handling a firearm. It'd be pretty hard to miss the pretty blonde head of an ignorant brat."

Ignorant brat...? Why was she underestimating her?
    It simply wasn't surprising anymore. She'd probably get shot herself but that arrogant voice that kept speaking for her was positive she'd walk away from that encounter alive.

"Adam and Scott should know better by now not to screw with his elders. I'd rather see the both of them plain and simple dead at my hand rather than mauled and tortured by Azazel later."

Rather? Rather dead than alive? There was still a chance they could walk away from a fight with Azazel as them as the victors...wasn't there?

"If even you stood in my way...I wouldn't hesitate Lenny. For everything you've taught me...I know better than any of the others that killing Azazel doesn't solve all our problems. Each of us are spawns of that filth. If killing you...means I can get my chance at him...that just means I've erased another stain of his mark from the world."
    A stain? But Lenny had saved her. She owed him her very life. Her hands shook even as she reflexively relaxed and clenched them.

"I don't understand what makes you think killing Scott or any of you would be any different to me."

But it would. Each of them was unique...
    "You're all the same."Each of them had meaning to her."You're all meaningless in my eyes."

They were all...
    "You're all nothing but..."
    "My family."
    "My enemies. Don't you get it!? You'd all stand in my way when I could take care of our biggest problem with my bare hands!"Lucielle! Shut up!
    "You shut up! I've had enough! You can either use me to my fullest potential or you can kill me now, either way you've got one less problem." "I'm...a problem? You're wrong. Why won't you listen to me!?"
    "Make your choice, Lenny. The death of me...or the death of Azazel."

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

"So...damn it, someone say something. Newbies? Any thoughts on hunting now?" Cat looked up, pulled out of her own thoughts by the question. She took a moment and calmly replied. "I guess it could be worse. I mean, it's a little strange, but after a while... you sort of learn to deal with it." Her answers oozed uncertainty, and she made no effort in hiding that. She wanted to admit that she'd gladly give up this life, but there was no going back on it. As soon as she was done, she looked back out the window. She couldn't help thinking of her father: what he'd done, where he might've gone, if he was even dead. For some reason, she couldn't help thinking that Azazel might be involved with his disappearance; the thought scared her, but it also hardened her resolve. She just wanted that part of her fears put to rest.

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

"So, what's you guy's names? Or should I call you Chuckles and Samurai Jackass? I'm Johnny, Johnny Parker by the way."

"I'd rather you call me Zeke." He said, his eyes still staring out the window. When it came to nicknames he wasn't much of a fan of them, especially ones like that. He'd rather be called just his first name. Still Johnny did seem like the kind of guy who would still call him by some kind of alternate name, ever if he knew what his actual name was. He would be able to easily put up with it, dealing with annoyances was something that he was used to.

12. Pinekaboo Chaser

[​IMG]

She had that smell to her.
    That repulsive, human stench.
    She was nobody special, of course. She was merely a normal, everyday person out for a late-night walk. From the looks of her clothes, she was on her way home from clubbing with friends.
    He inhaled the air once more, his nostrils flaring with the disgusting smell of the long-since-gone woman.
    Twenty-four. Only slightly intoxicated. No make-up except a natural-shade of lipstick. Recently tasted the mouth of another...
    Nova shook himself. His senses were getting distracted. She wasn't important, and even if she was, she hadn't passed this spot in almost thirty minutes.
    Yet he continued to attempt to decipher the scents in the air. Perhaps it was some form of training. Or perhaps he had simply grown weary of the waiting.
    It had been amusing when she had noticed him though. Even smiling at him, however briefly. He wondered if she was just being polite, or trying to hide her fear.

Suddenly, a loud buzzing knocked him out of his mindless thoughts, and he reached to the front pocket of his jacket, taking out an outdated flip-open phone, a dark crimson in colour. Without even checking the caller, he tapped the button on the side of the phone, and brought the device to his ear.
    "What's up?" he said, in a natural voice, as though he had been called by a close friend while out drinking.

"Nova, sir? It's Thanatos. I have a job for you."

His voice changed instantly; coming back down into a low tone, hard for anyone who happened to be nearby to overhear.
    "I'm listening, boss."

13. lord-insan-E-O Traverse Town Homebody

OOC: Feels like forever since I've posted here. BIC:
    "Ok Zeke nice to meet ya." Johnny said with forced niceness. "So, you guys got any good hunting stories?" Johnny asked making idle small talk. He loved to talk about his more memorable hunts. They usually got him free drinks when his path would cross with another hunter. "This one time awhile back I had a vamp job. This paranoid nut job named Clay saw the signs too and did most of the leg work. He thought it was some kind government super soldier. Well the fangers didn't like being investigated too well."
    "About three of 'em came to shut him up. He was lucky I was watching him. A fanger backed us up in a corner, but Clay had a armory that makes a military base look like a toy store. He had grenades, land mines, and about everything in between." Johnny continued. "This was one of my first hunts, so my vampire wrestling wasn't perfected. So I took a grenade, shoved it done the fangers gullet, and tossed him over to his buddies." Johnny chuckled a little bit, he realized what a sociopath this made him look. "The fanger's head just turned to pudding, and the shrapnel torn up his buddies arms. The remaining vamps were in shock, sacred shitless. I went over and chopped one of 'ems head and the other bolted. He didn't get far, Clay came back with a friggin' Rotary cannon. He turned the vamp into a big chunky stain."
    "I don't know how long it took to convince him they weren't some government made super men. When all was said and done he decided to help me out. He's my weapons suppler now. Good man, grows on you after a while." That was probably Johnny's favorite story.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    Lenny's hands tilted suddenly, but slightly, making the car swerve. There it was. There was the answer he was waiting for and hoping to not hear. Luce was willing to kill the others to get to Azazel; yes, offing Azazel was the endgame here, but it wasn't just about revenge...it was about saving the most lives possible and getting rid of the other Acolytes was clearly not a part of that. So that's that. Lenny had to.ki-gulp. He felt his heart twist, as if Azazel was personally squeezing his actual heart (though that hasn't happened in over twenty years). Lenny drove in silence, not acknowledging what Luce has said as his eyes stayed frozen on the road. What felt like years went by as Lenny replayed each of Luce's words in his head...and then her thoughts. Wait, that was it. The father of the Acolytes finally blinked as his eldest daughter's thoughts played in his head. Of course...that was it. There...was a way! "I made my decision, Luce," he said calmly as he took a deep breath.

[​IMG]
    "Heh," Adam couldn't help but snicker at his newest sister. "Learn to deal with it, huh?" He repeated. Somehow, that line snapped him back into his normal self. "Good way to put it, kitten. Though...learn to deal with it or not, we never get that choice. It just happens, y'know? We just deal with it. Our life is crazy. Sometimes...I wish we had a normal life. A ghost here, a vampire nest there, maybe the occasion Rougaru. Hell, I'll take the exorcisms and all the Demons, but the whole Azazel and having his blood in my veins thing? I could live without that. Some people, like that Johnny guy, sure are lucky to be like everyone else." The irony of Adam's definition of 'normal' was lost to him as he drove, finally taking his eyes off of Lenny's car.

[​IMG]
    Thanatos smiled on the other end of the line. "I hope all is well for you, sweet Nova," he said as he took the small glass placed in front of him and studied the liquid in front of him. "Things on my end are...a little more grim. Manchester United is just not up to par today, it seems," he said, with a genuine hint of sadness, before taking the shot. "But I digress. I have...something for you to pick up, Nova, darling. I presume that you aren't...too busy." It wasn't a question. As he waited for the response, he raised the empty glass to the bartender, signaling for another.

15. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

TENEBRIS MILLER
    Tenebris was bored. He had been whittling a stick with his balisong knife for 30 minutes, yet the wood was being to difficult to be pulled off. Tenebris narrowed his eyes. He had been staying in this roadhouse for about a day at least. After his first meeting with Lenny, Tenebris had a strong feeling that there was a certain purpose for his existence. For about half his own life, Tenebris has been moving from place to place, surviving off what he can.
    But man, did he pick a place this time...He hadn't even explored the place yet. He gritted his teeth and stop whittling and broke the stick with his knees in frustration. He spun the balisong knife in a show-off like fashion. Being a loner, Tenebris needed to learn everything by himself. Everyone he had encountered, on the other hand, either hated him (coincidental and numerous run-ins with thugs and vagabonds) or just stayed away (Those who did get involved got killed), as if they knew that he was forbidding,
    All in all, he was surprised that he had made it this far. He knew it wasn't luck, because if that was it, he would've won the lottery by now. Might've been something else. Not that he cared. Tenebris knew he was special from the very moment he scared off that demon at a young age. As if life literally reflected his feelings into power, he soon realized that he can create illusions based on a victim's nightmares or fears, then the ability itself twists those nightmares into something truly god awful. He also had a decent amount of strength to boot, although it strained his muscles.
    Tenebris sighed. What to do, what to do....

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

"Heh, learn to deal with it?, huh? Good way to put it, kitten. Though...learn to deal with it or not, we never get that choice. It just happens, y'know? We just deal with it. Our life is crazy. Sometimes...I wish we had a normal life. A ghost here, a vampire nest there, maybe the occasion Rougaru. Hell, I'll take the exorcisms and all the Demons, but the whole Azazel and having his blood in my veins thing? I could live without that. Some people, like that Johnny guy, sure are lucky to be like everyone else." She nodded as he mentioned their lack of choice in life, while butting in with, "Don't call me kitten. Just Cat." She couldn't help but scoff at the mention of Johnny. "That douchebag? Please. I'll take vampires and demons over that any day." She sighed, knowing full well that life wasn't fair in the slightest. She could've had it better, and yet most of the other acolytes had suffered fates far worse than hers. In truth, she felt a bit selfish for wanting more of a normal life; she felt like she almost didn't deserve it.
    She hated being pitied, and she hated feeling pitiful. It took her back to when her father left, and all the months of hopelessness that had followed. She'd always look at neighbors and passers-by, wondering why no one understood how she felt. But she'd had to learn that the world was a cruel bitch earlier than most, and that was just the reality of things.

They hit a bump in the road and she took a moment to remember where she was: in a car with kindred spirits -- in more ways than one -- heading to the hideout of a man who cared about them. She kept her eyes on the windshield, hoping... no, knowing that things would get better, and remained silent until someone else chimed in.

17. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

"I made my decision, Luce,"

They were words she'd been waiting for, but still her insides clenched with tension. Though she'd asked if he'd kill her or let her kill Azazel, a part of her knew very well that Lenny wouldn't allow her to barrel through her siblings just to get at ol' yellow eyes. She felt tired, probably from all the anger surging through her veins. Either way...waiting for your own death was a boring task.

"How will you do it then...? Shoot me here in the car? Or perhaps you'll pull over and execute me. That'd be fun. Or maybe you'll wait until we get back to the Roadhouse. I'm sure we have all those shiny tools there that could do some serious harm. I'm sure Adam would love to run his powers a bit more for a test drive. Even the newbies would have a bit of fun...getting over that first gag reflex of when you first shoot something that's wearing a human face."
    Why had she resigned herself to death? Because Lenny called her 'Loos' when he still liked her. The fact that she was "Luce" to him now was plain as day how he felt. Easing her glare from Lenny's face, Luce glanced into the rear view mirror. What would her siblings think of her execution...?
    "Bargain. Plead. Cry. Do SOMETHING! Take it back! Tell him you're lying!"

"Just don't fool yourself into believing I'll take this lying down. I have a firearm too...and much stronger powers."
    Luce reached for her pistol, though she didn't know how much it would help if push came to shove. Who knew...maybe she'd survive a shot to the head. Crawl away and find her own way to hunt down Azazel.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

AND WE'RE MOVING ON, FINALLY

[​IMG]
    He sighed, letting some of his stress out, but not enough of it. "I never said my decision was to kill you, Luce. What kind of monster do ya think I am?" He asked, offended. 'Even if that monster is the one I thought I would be if this ever happened..." Lenny said nothing else for the rest of the drive.

After they pulled into the garage, Lenny let the vehicle run a little longer as he closed his eyes and laid his head back for a moment. "You aren't wrong..." he said, quietly. "Our powers...are so much more powerful when drinking Demon Blood...so why...shouldn't we..." he didn't finish the question before he pulled out his keys and opened the door. "Come on. I got something to show ya and the others."

[​IMG]
    Adam spent the rest of the drive singing along to his music and telling the others stories of his life as hunter. He avoided the more gruesome details and the more grand-scheme events, like those related to Azazel, but he figured that they should know exactly what to expect from monsters. Ghosts will trick you, Demons will read your mind and lie, Vampires would rather kill you than turn you, etc. As they pulled up next to Lenny's jeep, Adam saw the leader of the Acolytes leading Luce into the Roadhouse, signalling for them to follow. 'So she's...getting a second chance? Or...are we watching him off he-' he couldn't finish the thought as he started following them. "Come on," he told the others, not looking back.

19. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

TENEBRIS MILLER
    Tenebris heard a large "click" echo in the Roadhouse, causing him to freeze. He flipped out his butterfly knife, and walked quietly to one of the dark corners of the room. It could be Lenny, he had said that he would come back sometime later, but in any case, anybody could pick locks if they had the know-how, so he was well aware of baddies. He slowed his breathing down until he was breathing silently through his nose, listening to his own heartbeat, thumping in it's two-time motion.

In all Tenebris' life, he never had to encounter any Demon after the incident with his father. He was very well aware though, that his luck for that could run out, especially this instant. All he had was his knife, and he wasn't exactly sure he could conjure up any illusions to scare off the intruder, or do any kind of Falcon-esque punch for that matter. At any rate, he would need to stick to being as silent as possible, and making very little movement as possible.

All Tenebris could do, in this particular case, was to kneel tensely, eyes locked at the door, ready to strike if it were intruders. He silently told himself that he would give them a 7-second interval to read them. If they were bad, he would strike.

So he sat there, waiting.

20. lord-insan-E-O Traverse Town Homebody

Johnny pulled up to the roadhouse and parked. He sat there for a second and sighed. He was hoping this wouldn't end in some kind of fight. He looked over at Lenny and at Luce, he was kind of hoping he would take her out. Johnny opened the SUV door and grabbed Sally from his cup holder and put it snugly in the back of his pants. He really didn't care if Zeke, Scott or any of Lenny's other kids saw him, he never hid the fact he thought this whole superpowered hunters thing stinks to high heaven.
    Johnny went over to the road house but not before giving Alexis and Cat a little wink, mostly to annoy them. Johnny went over to Lenny in the garage. He glared at Luce, he's still a little sore over her telekinetic superplex. "So didn't kill the rabid one huh? Or are you gonna let me do it? That would be a great gift." Johnny said smugly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.