|Supernatural: S1| Acolytes of Azazel

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

"Monster! You're nothing but a monster! Get out! I said get out, Lucy!"
    Luce flinched at the word monster, but it perfectly described her. 'I know what I am... Monster...demon-spawn...call it what you will. It's better than being a human.' Her thoughts were hateful but the memory that surfaced was even more so. She walked with Scott, ignoring Cat and the arrival of the familiar jeep. She met Scott's stern look with an uncaring one of her own and a sigh escaped her lips. More alone time with Scott...yeah, that's what she needed. Venting her problems by pushing Scott to the ground wasn't going to help anyone. Seeing Gaara if he was still hanging around wasn't going to help either. Scott would act first and listen to her later. Instead, she trailed after Scott, letting the memory that came with the word monster fill her head.

Her father, drunk and hateful himself, shoved her towards the door. A few days stubble was left on his face. She could see the dark circles under his eyes from not sleeping for days on end. She often heard him rattling around in the kitchen when she was supposed to be sleeping. It was the second day he hadn't come up to read to her. The loneliness ate at her heart and shown clearly through her blue eyes as she looked up to her father pacing in front of the stove. He scratched at his stubble, paused and hovered his hands over the knobs for the gas before shaking his head and starting to pace again. He would do this several times a day, sometimes mumbling to himself but it never ceased to frighten her. What was he thinking? Why did he pause like that over the stove? "Daddy?" her voice was tiny...weak...shy...afraid. He stopped pacing and knelt in front of her, "What's wrong Lucy, dear? Did you have a bad dream?" His concern was real as he touched her cheeks with his rough hands. Frowning, Luce looked out the window at the gloomy day...but day nonetheless. "It's day time, Daddy. I was at school." He followed her gaze and rubbed his eyes as if the sun would suddenly disappear and reveal that it really was night. "Oh..." Standing, he patted her head of long silver hair and glanced at the clock. It read: 10:23 am. "But it's...Lucy, why are you home so.... What are you doing here, sweetheart? Shouldn't you be in school still? Your teachers don't like it when you skip classes." Luce turned her face away from his questioning brown eyes. "They told me to go home. They told me...to go get my Daddy." The longer Luce avoided his eyes, the more nervous the man seemed to get. He knelt in front of her again and cupped her face in his hands, "What did you do? Tell me," when she continued to keep silent, his patience snapped, "TELL ME!" Startled and frightened, tears streamed down her face immediately, "I didn't mean to! She was yelling at me...she said I had old lady hair. She said I was stupid and uglier because my mother was dead. I only touched her...it wasn't my fault!" She was pulled into a tight hug, squishing her tear-streaked face against his shoulder. "Tell me what happened after that. Why did they send you home?" At the first physical contact...sign of affection...from her father in a long time, Luce was reluctant to answer. Suddenly, she was shoved away from the warmth of her father. She was pushed into the wall and slapped. Shock delayed tears that should've come quickly. "Answer me!" "I don't understand!" she wailed finally, "She went to sleep, that's all! I touched her and she went to sleep! She stopped yelling at me, stopped pulling my hair, stopped making fun of me! I don't understand why you're so angry!"

"Enough..."
    Luce had to force back the rest of the hurtful memory. That day had been a non-stop beating, emotionally and physically, she wasn't about to relive it all in one day. Looking around, Luce found herself in the woods surrounding the house, alone with Scott and his medical supplies for her burns. "Why do you bother? I'm not dead yet of infection...why should it worry me now? I swear...you forget I was in a car accident... I had several lacerations when I woke up and a piece of glass sticking through my leg. If I'm not keeling over yet...I probably won't. You're wasting your time with this." Biting her lip, another thought came to her, "Why did you kiss me in the first place? If you hadn't done that before....none of this would've happened. And I swear, if you say 'it's because I care about you' I'm going to knock you out. What do you get out of getting yourself involved with me? There are dozens upon millions of women out in the world that have looked twice at you that you could've used for this." She curled her hand into a fist, prepared for his stupid answer.

2. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: So Bushy brought it to my attention that Adam's car had been covered by a black sheet and not a bunch of branches and leaves. I still got in some fun humor with my last post SO I'M LEAVING IT IN THERE. But what Bushy said holds true over what I posted. So...no branches are hiding the car. My bad, sorry!

Oh and this is a long post. I ACTUALLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO SKIP OVER THE SPOILER PART. Unless you feel like reading a long sob-story.

BIC:

"I'm not doing this because your body needs it." Scott answered as he knelt down and took the still cold bottles of water out of the pack. "Sure, your wounds could heal overnight with that demon's blood." He hadn't asked how Luce got a hold of it and he wasn't planning to. He didn't care. "I want you to know that-" Scott paused for a moment, looking around to make sure the others weren't in sight. Even Adam's car had been obscured by the number of trees that were now between them. They had gone far enough. Scott continued with, "To know that you aren't alone. I want to help you, Luce." He didn't feel like it was the best answer he could have given but Scott wasn't sure what he could have said. He wanted to help her even if she would be perfectly fine tomorrow he just wanted to make her feel better now.

Luce only had one question after another. Scott sighed out and eyed her fist, knowing that it would only be a matter of seconds before she would punch him. "You act like I'd be interested in anyone else." He smirked. "Hm..." Scott scratched his chin thoughtfully before he took a deep breath as he decided to just let the words come as he thought of them. "Back before Lenny took me in..."

You know I'm not exactly the most angry out of all of us. I've already said I don't hate Azazel. I've even mentioned how violent I used to be before meeting Lenny. Before you tell me to shut up and answer your question I want you to know that this is important.

I was about four when she came into my life. Jessica. That was my little sister. I don't know how I had a little sister if my mother had been dead for some time but I never asked questions. Whenever I wasn't with her I would pick fights with anyone and everyone. I never lost. I was stronger than the other kids even before my powers surfaced. Something always pushed me to fight--no, kill. One time there was this one kid that bullied Jessica. All he ever did was call her a few names. Names that would only hurt a child. So I followed him, waited until he was alone, and that was the first time I took a life. I wasn't even a teenager by that point.

From then on, I wasn't looking to fight anyone. I wish I had a reason for the bloodthirst I had. As I got older she started to try spending more time around me. She knew I wouldn't pick a fight around her. She knew I would never let her get hurt. Jessica believed I could be better than what others saw in me. Better than what I saw in myself. I always thought she was too positive for her own good. Too innocent.

She was a bit a genius I guess. She skipped several years of school. She wanted to be a doctor and you could say I learned a lot from her. Jessica wanted to help people and I wanted to break them. I couldn't exactly go around killing more students. I was messed up but I wasn't stupid. A few years later I decided to pick on some of the local gangs. Nobody would miss them.

I hate the snow. It always reminds me of that day. I wish I could live somewhere that never snowed. The winter before Lenny found me was the first time Jessica saw me kill. I could have let that thug walk away but he was just following us home. Mocking us. Threatening her. I lost my temper and when it was all over she ran from me. I spent so long looking for her that day turned into night. Maybe she went home. So that's where I went.

Trudging through the snow took so long. If my body hadn't been numb from the cold it would have been when I arrived. The front door was kicked down. Every window was shattered and I couldn't find a wall that wasn't tagged on. I wasn't close to my father but I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about him. He had two holes in his chest. His lifeless eyes were fixed on the door to my backyard. I almost wish I hadn't gone to see what he had been looking at when he died.

Half buried in the snow, bloody, and naked. They did this to her, made my father watch, and left her in the snow to die. I wasn't there. The only person who put so much faith into me, the only one I was ever truly attached to, was left alone out in the cold. My lack of self-control put her there. In the end I even wrecked how she once saw me. She died knowing what I was. She didn't deserve this. I did. And it felt so good slaughtering each and every one of them. It didn't matter to me if all of them were responsible or if it was just a handful of that gang who joined in. I needed to bring the most painful death I could on all of them.

But what then? They were dead. My family was dead. I was left alone with no purpose. That was, until Lenny found me on the run. You can't just go and kill twenty thugs and expect everyone to be okay with it. I may not have been a suspect but I couldn't stay home. Ever since he brought me to you and Adam, I've been trying to get myself killed. I knew I deserved it. The day I got my revenge was the last day I felt the bloodlust. It just went away. Just like that.

"I've done a lot of faking my emotions since then. Why would I get attached to a bunch of people who didn't even share my blood? Why should I care about this fake family whose job it is to hunt down monsters and demons when humans are so much worse?" Scott sighed and crossed his arms. "I grew into it I guess. I bonded with Lenny, Adam, and you...well I could never see anyone as a sister ever again but I didn't have to. I got attached to you. Sometimes you have this innocent look in your eyes...something genuinely sincere. It reminded me of her." He shook his head. "Nobody could replace her but I wasn't looking for someone to take her place. I..." Scott cleared his throat as it had gotten dry. He had been speaking for so long that he began to wonder if Luce would begin to hate him. He wasn't looking for pity. This was the first time he told the truth. All of it. He felt Luce of all people should know.

"Luce, for a long time I didn't believe I'd actually care about anyone else. Even with all your attempts at pushing me away I still felt something. When you were taken I thought I lost you. I thought I'd never get a chance to tell you how I really feel. I tried telling you when I kissed you before but I just kept holding back for a better time when one isn't coming." Scott took Luce's clenched hand. "Before the only person I could say I loved was my sister. That was different. I can't say that I know what any other kind of love feels like because I've never gotten attached to anyone else. I don't love you as a sister, Luce. This is different. So go ahead and punch me if you want." He lifted her fist close to his face.

"Hit me or not. In any case, I think you should face that tree-" He motioned towards the one they were standing by, "take the jacket off, and let me take care of you." Even after everything, Scott still hadn't forgotten why they were alone in the first place. He knew how he felt about Luce. She just needed to know that.

3. lord-insan-E-O Traverse Town Homebody

"Ok get this straight sweetheart, I honestly don't want to kill you, your siblings and especially not Lenny." Johnny replied to Cat. "But someone has to protect the few good and innocent sons of bitchs in this mud ball from the things like you. That's what I was raised to do, that's what my father did, his father before him, and so on. So go ahead threaten me all you want, that won't change a thing."
    "Now, where's Lenny?" Johnny asked with a impatient tone in his voice. He was obviously getting tired of dealing with the grunts.

4. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce watched him warily. She'd never heard that story from Scott before...or from Lenny. Was it true? No, of course it was true. Scott had never spoken that much that fast in one sitting. It was strange listening to him talk so much. Oddly reminded her of her father reading interesting stories out of the newspaper...which now that she thought about it...were all strange murder cases. Even if her father didn't know what killed his wife, Luce's mother, he had never stopped looking for the perpetrator.

Shutting her eyes, she begrudgingly listened. The most she got out of his words after his story was that she was Jessica's substitute. That was fine...she didn't need much...being someones substitute worked just fine for her. He took her clenched hand and she opened her eyes, glaring at him with icy blue eyes. He held her fist close to his face, was he stupid? Luce growled, pulling her hand from his, "Set your jaw," she demanded. Swinging her fist, she hit him square in the jaw. She had no idea if her strength would break his jaw...which was why she'd asked him to set his jaw before she hit him. Luce didn't want to break any teeth out. All she knew was he'd fall...his jaw would swell...the damage extent was unknown.

"I have to get kidnapped and nearly die for you to tell me how you actually feel?! What are you, a moron? You see this rip?" She tugged on the large tear in her jeans at her thigh, "There was a piece of glass sticking through my leg! You remember these burns?!" she shoved up the sleeves of the jacket and held out her arms, her palms up, "For seventeen years of my life I thought if I didn't feel pain I couldn't feel anything at all. Yet I still cried when my father hit me. I still begged when I was raped for the first time. I still screamed when blood from multiple lacerations decorated my body the first night it wasn't enough." While she was crossing the line of too much information..."Your sister...she's better off dead rather than living with the shame of being subjected to something like that. It would've eaten away at her soul. That kindness you saw in her...would've eroded away and made her just like me or worse...she'd wish she was dead for the rest of her life."

She panted, out of breath from her heated yelling when his words hit her. Despite the awkward feeling she couldn't quite describe from listening to him tell her, at least, that he loved her, Luce's ears heated and she folded her arms over her chest, "You'd better not damage my tattoo. And don't you dare peek at me without my permission! And no touching anything that isn't my back. I so much as feel your hands wander and I'll hit more than just your face!" Turning her back to him, Luce drew down the zipper of the jacket and let it drop to the ground. She immediately folded her arms over her bare chest and glared at the bark of the tree. "It doesn't matter either way. Lenny's going to have me locked up and probably stuck in the Roadhouse for breaking his rules. I'll be lucky if he doesn't put a bullet in my head himself."

5. Arch Mana Knight

Luce hit him and she hit him hard. Scott fell backwards as he was unsure how much strength Luce would put behind it. He figured she couldn't control it with all that extra power. Scott brushed himself as he stood back up, glad his jaw and teeth were all fully intact. He rubbed his chin as he tried to bring feeling back to his jaw. Luce was angry, she told him things he had already heard before. Luce was so stubborn but he knew that wasn't as cold as she believed she was.

"I'm glad you still hit like a girl." Scott spoke in a lighter tone as he began to open the bottles of water he brought with him. "You know..." Scott pressed on Luce's shoulder to get her to lean forward. "This world needed more people like her." He slowly began to pour the first bottle of cold water over Luce's back. That would reduce the swelling and clean things up a bit. "Instead, she died and I didn't." Another bottle was emptied on Luce. "I don't believe she would have given up on this world if she survived. She was innocent, not weak." By this time Scott drained the last two bottles from the pack.

Scott looked over the burns on Luce, feeling a sympathetic pain on his own back. He then took the cream, carefully applying it over the wounds. "So I can peek if I have permission, huh?" Scott worked his way lower on Luce's back as he did his best to avoid causing her any pain. The cream wasn't as cold as the water was, especially now that it had been in contact with Scott's own hands. "We both know Lenny wouldn't do any of that."

"You'd kill him if he tried to hurt her, wouldn't you?"

He shuddered at the thought, hoping it wouldn't have to come down to that. Lenny would never do something like that to Luce, would he? Scott didn't want to think of that. "It'll be just fine, Luce. And I'm not putting anything on you that would damage that tattoo." He spoke too soon however. The last burn for him to get to was Luce's tattoo. It was already damaged. He treated the burn just as all the others before speaking up. "One of the burns broke it." Scott muttered. "That can be fixed up first thing tomorrow morning though."

Last were the bandages. He began to wrap them around Luce's waist, moving closer to her and seemingly embracing her as he had to loop the wrappings around her torso. The closeness was...not so awkward. At least not to him. Even with the lack of a good shower and with everything that had happened, Luce still retained a familiar scent. It was faint and indescribable but it was still there. "I'm sorry." Scott spoke as he began to apply a bit of tape. The bandages were not adhesive, as that would have only made things worse for Luce, so he had to use medical tape to keep it from unraveling. "I should have told you how I felt sooner. Maybe with all the times you've punched me I've suffered a bit of brain damage." It was all done now and it looked neater than he thought it would. "But now you now. With all that attitude of yours, I fell for you." And this time, Scott was ready in case Luce decided to punch him again.

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

"Ok get this straight sweetheart, I honestly don't want to kill you, your siblings and especially not Lenny." Cat scoffed at his statement. If they hadn't been "Lenny's kids," he wouldn't have thought twice about trying to kill them. "But someone has to protect the few good and innocent sons of bitchs in this mud ball from the things like you. That's what I was raised to do, that's what my father did, his father before him, and so on. So go ahead threaten me all you want, that won't change a thing. Now, where's Lenny?" "I'm not telling you jack squat. Because you know what? We're not the bad guys here." She put her hands in her pockets, not even caring that the gun holster was in his line of sight. She figured he was a lost cause, but she was at least going to try. "Contrary to your belief, we've got something in common: we all hate monsters 'n shit. None of us asked for this crap, but we have it, and we're dealing with it the same way hunters deal with their bull." She sighed. "Go find Lenny if you want, but don't blame him. Once he's explained everything, you can make your judgments and get us out of your hair."

With that she walked off, doing her best to keep calm. She saw Scott trying to fix Luce up, and Luce subsequently punching him in the jaw. She reassured herself that it was better to leave them be and stood there, keeping out of anyone else's business.

7. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce growled at him, turning her head to glare at him over her bare shoulder as she lifted her left fist to shake menacingly at him, "I'll show you hit like a girl." He pushed on her shoulder and she had to suppress her natural desire to bite his hand and shove him away. She shivered, goosebumps forming on her skin as cold water touched her flesh. "Th-that's great Scott...is this necessary? I'm going to freeze." Maybe he'd forgotten where they were. Forest or no...isolation didn't mean pouring cold water on her. 'If this is some sort of freakish fetish of his I'm going to kill him in his sleep!'

Luce bit her tongue as he spread what she hoped was burn cream on her back. "Gosh...you always get to touch me and I never get to touch you. Seems pretty unfair to me. Aren't you always whining about being fair? No?" Making an uncomfortable situation hostile was Luce's special ability. Or at least she liked to believe so. Memories of slurs of curses and hazy faces flooded her hearing and vision. She bit down hard on the inside of her cheek until she tasted blood and the memories faded away. Scott wasn't like those men...he wasn't pushy...he wasn't violent with her and so far she hadn't heard him curse at her yet. "No...you can't peek at me no matter what. If I'm giving you permission for something like that I'm possessed or wasted. I wouldn't trust my judgement."

She listened to him mumble that her tattoo was broken and fear ran like ice through her veins. She half turned, trying to crane her neck around to see her back, "Wh-what?! That b@stard, he promised he wouldn't!" 'Gaara...!' She scoffed when he mentioned fixing it tomorrow. "Tomorrow?! Are you insane? I need this fixed as soon as possible!" Her paranoia kicked in full force. Without that tattoo, she was vulnerable to possession...she wasn't safe! Why didn't Scott see that? Her thoughts ran dark and the chill on her skin bothered her even more. What if Scott was possessed...and this was his way of getting her too. Alone...away from the others...her tattoo disturbed...a perfect set up. But those thoughts were silly....

He moved closer to her, wrapping the bandages around her. She had to unfold her arms for him to wrap them around her and thus she felt uneasy. His warmth radiated off him and helped restore some of the warmth back to her cold body. When he apologized she almost asked why. Asking questions wasn't going to help her when he was going to explain anyways. "Hmph...maybe I should hit you a few more times to fix that. If you're in a coma you can't make me feel like this." She waited until he was finished and turned around to face him, not all the bandages covered her chest as they were focused on covering her burns on her back, but she didn't care at the moment. "All done, right? There's no need for more...okay? You should...probably take a step back or two.... I'd rather not feel like I'm cornered."

8. Arch Mana Knight

She said he whined about things being fair. Scott raised an eyebrow at that comment as it only seemed like Luce wanted the situation to be reversed. Except she didn't have his training. The thought did make him wonder who would replace him if anything ever happened to- Well, Luce would punch him for those kinds of thoughts. Scott was about to make a comment on everything Luce had just said. Something undoubtedly witty and maybe even flirtatious.

"U-um..." Scott cleared his throat, Luce's last words passing through one ear and out the other. His cheeks burned as he tried to form some kind of coherent thought. "Luce..." Scott tried to keep his eyes focused on her's but one could hold self-control for only so long. He immediately picked up the jacket and pulled it over Luce's shoulders. Why did she turn around to face him when she wasn't even covered? He gulped, trying to get a hold of himself.

"I'll..." He wasn't sure what to say as he took a step back to let Luce put the jacket back on properly. "I'll make sure you get that tattoo fixed as soon as those wounds fully heal. Otherwise you will get an infection, regardless of how fast you can recover." Scott folded his arms as he turned his head to the side to keep himself from peeking any more than he already had. He wasn't sure if Luce even wanted him to look or she just hadn't paid attention. That only meant that he was "distracting" to her.

"I'll take a raincheck on that beating when we get home. Or, you know, I could remind you of that promise you asked of me." Scott rubbed his cheek, trying hopelessly to get it back to its normal color as he tried to act cool. "Either way, I'm glad I got you to feel that way at all." He added in a lower voice.

9. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce stared at him for a moment as he turned a dark red. Chalking it up to him being weird, she adjusted his jacket, shoving her arms through the sleeves and as she looked down to zip it closed she noticed why he'd started to act funny. Exposed...it wasn't a word she used very often since it held very little meaning to her. She sighed, leaving the zipper alone for now and lifted her gaze to Scott again. He'd turned his head away from her to give her some semblance of privacy...but he was still a red color in the cheeks. "Oh grow up. You're worse than a teenager seeing his first naked chick."

At the mention of the promise she'd made him make, she shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot and a previous thought came back to her. "You said I was your first kiss... Does that also mean...?" She tried to contain her smile, "That's cute... Scott's a virgin." It was a little funny calling him cute...but today was a funny kind of day. Only a small smile remained on her lips, but it was one her other siblings hadn't seen ever. Lenny was the only one she allowed herself to smile in front of...but it was just too adorable not to smile at Scott. She reached up and took hold of his chin, pulling his gaze back to hers, "I already told you I don't bite very hard. But if you sleep with me...a beating will seem like nothing." Aside from the lewd tone already filling the air, a part of Luce was holding him to that promise.

Pushing Scott in the direction she wanted was easier than she thought possible. It was simple with ordinary humans...just a flick of the finger and a sultry glance had them chomping at the bit, but was it really that easy with her own kind? Not that she often wondered how easy it was for women to get Adam into their beds...probably not that hard...but it was strange to think of Scott never having that experience. Guilt ate at her insides. If she did sleep with Scott...she would be his first. But that was a bi--well maybe not that big of an if. Firsts were supposed to be gentle...nice, filled with warmth and love. Or something like that. Not that her first had been anything warm or loving like how she imagined. She wanted to give him that experience...or the option for it at least. "You probably shouldn't hold that promise too tightly though. I'm sure there are plenty of women in the states willing to...." Who was she kidding? As if she'd let other women give him a side-long glance...let alone sleep with him.

"That's not very nice Lucy..you should share your toys."

But he wasn't a toy...and definitely not hers. Her smile faded and she patted his cheek, "I'm sure you don't think it's such a big deal..." Letting go of his face, she zipped up her jacket and donned a tight-lipped smile, "Sorry about flashing you. Usually I wait until the second date for that."

10. Arch Mana Knight

"You're not just some chick to me." Scott muttered, only getting more uncomfortable as Luce called him out on being a virgin. Back in the day he had never thought about such intimate things. Then he met Luce and that eventually changed. Scott's eyes fixed on Luce's when her hand forced him to face her again. It felt warm which was surprising considering how hot he had already felt. His eyes shifted down for a moment before darting back up as Luce finally zipped the jacket up.

She had also mentioned other women who would be "willing". As if he'd be interested in that. Scott almost laughed when Luce had said it. He turned away again. He had never seen Luce smile this much or in this exact way before. It was different and if he hadn't noticed exactly how she looked when she smiled in that way, he would have assumed she had done so before. Scott turned back towards Luce as she patted his cheek, his hand rising up to take her own. "I kissed you once and you kissed me once. That's close enough to a second date." Not that he would know anyways but he was only half serious.

Assuming Lenny didn't treat Luce harshly like she thought he would, Scott wasn't exactly sure on how they could go through with that promise. Kicking Adam out of the room was his first idea...but things would probably get awkward with the other Acolytes the morning after. Especially with Adam. The last thing he wanted to do was resort to some cheap motel. The more he thought about it, the more he felt like some adolescent boy going through puberty and he was too embarrassed to ask Luce what she thought they should do. Embarrassment. That was something he thought he'd never feel so much of in one day...or ever.

"I'm guessing you've been told that you have a pretty smile." Not once had he ever said that to another person. Yet he still blurted it out. What was someone supposed to do when feeling these kinds of things for another person? Now would probably have been a good time to have a pep talk with his own father. If he was alive anyways. "...Because I think you do." With every word he said he felt like he was only digging himself further in a ditch. "Um...let's get back." Scott turned towards where the car had been hidden and took a few steps forward, hoping to regain what little composure he had left.

11. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce frowned when he complimented her smile. She'd never been told that before. She opened her mouth to retort but nothing came out. Struggling with the few words he had said, Luce stood still as he took a few steps back towards the car. She was jerked forwards as he moved. Surprised, Luce took a few steps forwards to catch herself and stared with wide silver eyes at her hand clasped in his. Warmth seeped up her neck to her face, "Um...I'm not complaining exactly but...you should probably let go. I'm not exactly in control all the time with my powers and...I don't think it would be a good thing if you dropped dead." As awkward as the situation already was, Luce actually didn't want to let go.

Avoiding his gaze, she allowed a small childish moment to surface and bounced to stand beside him. Leaning into his side, she hugged his arm and squeezed his hand without a word. Second date my @ss... What happened to a date being going out to a place to eat or a movie? Pfft...yeah right...our kind in a movie theater? I must've hit my head harder than I thought when we rolled...

On that thought, Luce lifted a threatening scowl up to Scott, "Scott...where's my car and everything in my car?" She felt dread seep into her stomach, "So help me if you tell me you left it there in the road for those filthy humans to tow away and examine, I'll tear your head off right now."

12. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]
    Mulligan suddenly turned on Alexis as she followed him out. Something was clearly up with him too, but Alexis decided she didn't care anymore. It had been a long day for everyone."Wait...Zeke and Eliza...are they still there?! Did you just leave them alone?" He had suddenly asked her."I hid them didn't I?" She stated rhetorically pulling back the sheet over the car and revealing where it was. "Besides, with all the protections this car has - I figured they'd be safer in here than by following me in after you guys." She calmly and emotionlessly pointed out the facts as she saw them. She'd done what she thought best at the time. Calmly analysed the situation, made a quick decision, and frankly... it had worked out so far.
    "I heard and saw the car approaching and made a decision. While I know you guys can handle things yourself, you can't deny that things went smoother with my intervention, no?" She asked him as the Hunter she has been referring to suddenly asked her: "So...um need a ride sweetheart?"Alexis plain ignored the guy, completely blanking him.
    "So now what?" She asked Mulligan, since he was at least in her eyes, the guy in charge for the most part when Lenny wasn't around. "Back to Lenny right so he can see to Luce?"
    Alexis then remembered, she still hadn't completely asked about Luce yet. "So what's going on with her anyway? She is abducted by a Demon and then comes out of this all fine? Did you guys find anything in there? It sounded like nothing happened until 'whatever his name is' showed up." She pointed out getting straight to the facts. Something was amiss here. She was sure she wasn't the only one who could tell.
    "Scott...where's my car and everything in my car?" Luce's threatening tone then suddenly rose above all other conversation and caught Alexis's attention.
    "So help me if you tell me you left it there in the road for those filthy humans to tow away and examine, I'll tear your head off right now."
    Even though Luce was asking Scott, Alexis spoke up instead to answer her knowing she'd be agitated if she didn't get an answer quickly enough. "It's toasted. One of our new siblings made the suggestion and Mulligan obliged. We had no time to waste after what happened. -Not that any of us are sure about what actually happened. But I know better than to ask you. So don't worry, I won't."
    That was when Alexis first had the chance to see Luce properly up close and take in the details.
    ...Her reactions now (even though she usually had a short fuse anyway) and the impressive display of her powers earlier... Was this the effects of that Blood Alexis had been told about? And then there was the fact she was wearing Scott's jacket. ...There was too much going on for her to make sense of it all. Again, she concluded that right now the best bet would be to go straight to Lenny.
    Finally what she noticed was the strange atmosphere that had developed between Luce and Scott. Well... there had always been a strange atmosphere, but now... It was definitely different to be before, although still similar. It wasn't hard to read at all. Anyone who knew the two would be able to pick up on it.
    "Let's just get back. I'm sure Scott and Luce are eager to get back anyway. Lenny will want us back as soon as possible too, and we should probably do so before the trigger happy idiot over there-" She gestured to the Hunter who was having a rather loud debate with their new sister, Cat. "Decides to freak out on us again." ...Wait a second... Wasn't Cat meant to be back at the Roadhouse with Lenny right now?
    Alexis sighed as she made the connection. Lenny wouldn't have let Cat come here alone. ...So he was probably here too.

'Lenny. If you're here... get your butt out here already before it all kicks off again... and call off your damn dog with the gun. I'm fed up of 'friends/relatives' of yours waving guns in our faces.'

She didn't know if Lenny could hear her, but she knew he could read thoughts and stuff or do... other psychic stuff, so in part, she was just thinking it to herself for the sake of it, and on the other hand, she actually was hoping he would hear her and get his ass into gear.

13. Arch Mana Knight

"Um...I'm not complaining exactly but...you should probably let go."

Scott bit on his lip as he wondered what Luce was talking about. 'Let go?' He looked down to notice he had forgotten to release Luce's hand. Even without full control of her powers, he was sure Luce wouldn't kill him. Not with that other power of her's anyways. She didn't lack that much control. Scott smiled faintly as she moved in to hug his arm. Outside of the question about what happened to her car, something Scott was trying to avoid bringing up, Luce seemed happy. He didn't want to do anything to change that.

"It's toasted. One of our new siblings made the suggestion and Mulligan obliged."

He nodded in confirmation before adding in, "I salvaged whatever I could from it. We--I couldn't leave all your stuff behind." Scott had wrecked his own car well over a year ago. Before Alexis ever joined the gang. Of course, that was entirely his fault. Scott engaged a demon alone and had managed to kill it after wrecking his car in the process. Lenny wasn't happy about it even though Scott considered it to be a success. Lenny said something about Scott being reckless which was hard to argue against given all the evidence towards that. It was true but at least he had gotten the job done.

"Hm." Scott felt Alexis's eyes on them. The "eager" comment she made only made it clear to him that Alexis had probably figured out that...something had happened between himself and Luce. Even though he wasn't sure how to label what that something was. It also seemed like one of the newbies was there as well. He hadn't even noticed her arrival until Alexis spoke to Cat. If she was there then that meant Lenny was too. Scott wasn't too keen on speaking to him at that moment. There would be too many questions that didn't need to be answered.

"Let's just get in Adam's car and you can sift through the stuff I saved from your car," Scott paused as he looked Luce in the eye, "And you can call me out on anything I missed." He pulled on Luce's hand to bring her closer to the car. Lenny show some sign of happiness that Luce was alive, Adam might tell him that Scott had snapped earlier, and Alexis might bring up too many questions for Lenny to ask Luce about her disappearance. Scott didn't want Luce or himself to deal with that. Not now.

14. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce glared at Scott, of course she couldn't be all that angry since they had made the right call. "You bet your @ss I'll be checking my stuff." Mentally she tore down all the notices to change the oil and get the belt checked in her car. She'd spent a good majority of her time working the bar, dealing with perverted idiots and complicated drinks for the money to buy that car. "Stupid Adam and his human torch fingers...swear I could just..." she muttered and continued muttering as Scott dragged her towards the car.

Luce stared at Alexis and awkwardly looked away from her sister. "Well that's...I mean..." How do you normally explain to your overly b!tchy sister that you actually wanted to sleep with your not-so-much-brother. Sighing, she decided to just chuck the entire denial factor out the window, "Yes, Alexis...very eager. If you have a problem with that...maybe you should wear ear plugs at night." Being hateful was unnecessary but it was better than being embarrassed. It wasn't something she liked admitting. After all...how could she have known that after five years of living with three other men, she'd actually want to be with another of their foreign species.

Her eyes drifted to Cat, another of her new sisters that she didn't exactly like. She frowned, Lenny wouldn't have let her out of the Roadhouse so early for something as worthless as this. Was he here? Dread and fear pulsed in her heart. Lenny wouldn't like what she'd done...he would know...he would just know! She kept her distance from the jeep Cat had arrived in and poked her head into Adam's car. She dug through the sack that was obviously packed with her things from her car. Only a small sigh of relief escaped her as her hands touched both of her pistols. Miss me boys? Digging further into the bag, she found her pack of cigarettes and an assortment of other things she needed from her glove box and several of the weapons she'd been keeping in the trunk of her car. Plucking the hair tie from the bottom of the bag and tugging her hair up into a tight ponytail. "Seems like everything's here...cept for my car and the fake ID's I taped to the bottom of the passenger seat."

Even if Luce decided to make good on Scott's promise...she would have to remember to pay him back for her destroyed car. "All that strength and not one ounce of it went into saving my poor car." She kept one of her pistols with her, shoving it into the waistband of her jeans. "I'll make sure to get full payment for that car," she said looking pointedly at Scott.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    Adam said little as he watched Alexis unveil his car. Inside, a small bubble of anger formed, but...he didn't let it burst. He simply shrugged and watched Zeke step out. He crouched slightly and knocked on the window, looking at Eliza. He waved, making sure she was okay and then turned to face the others. At least that much went according to the plan. Turns out that the newbies could listen. There was a smirk when Scott and Luce walked towards the woods and Adam...stayed quiet, though a joke remained in his head. And that's when Cat appeared. Oh, god, this new girl's got a mouth on her. As she and Johnny barked at each other, Adam fantasized about Luce, Alexis, and Cat alone...they would rip each other's throats out. Adam chuckled at Johnny's demeanor. The whole "Lenny adopting goddamn monster" line was funny for some reasons. Then, he heard it. It wasn't really audible...and he didn't really hear it...but he felt it in his ears. Whatever it was, it came from Cat. Adam narrowed his eyes at her. This was the same feeling that he got when a demon was near...but it was different. It was...faint. It was...unique. Regardless, Adam looked around as Scott and Luce returned. Lenny did have to be somewhere, right? It took Adam a second, but he finally saw Lenny. He had to shake his head vigorously and then narrowed his eyes, but there he was: standing in the shadows between two trees. He was well hidden, almost a silhouette; If Adam hadn't noticed him by pure luck, he probably wouldn't have. Adam shook his head once more, finally bringing himself to 100% and raised his hands to his mouth. "Hey, old man! Wanna come out and do something about all this?!"

[​IMG]
    "Sure thing, Mulligan," Lenny said in a strange tone as he looked around. After arriving, he pointed Cat towards the Acolytes' locations (which he pinpointed with his paranormal sense) and then took off in the opposite direction. He had sensed a Demon there...but its presence vanished quickly. In fact, Lenny wasn't sure if he had sensed the actual Demon or simply the trail it had left behind. But he should have been able. Something was dulling his senses. Staying alert, he walked back towards the others just in time to see Cat yelling at Johnny and sensed her using her powers. He almost stepped in right then, but realized that Johnny already figured out that the Acolytes weren't normal kids. Thankfully, it seemed his threat of bringing them back safe kept Johnny from reacting too quickly...though that was probably for his safety. However, Johnny and Cat wasn't what kept Lenny's attention; it was Luce. Lenny could almost physically smell the Demon Blood stench from her. Just how much did she drink? How did she drink it? Did she kill the Demon that had taken her and wasn't able to resist her hunger? No, the Demon's trail was in the other direction; it had definitely left unscathed. Something else happened here. Suddenly, Alexis' mental shout brought him back to Earth, just as Mulligan had noticed him. Wait...something was off about Mulligan as well. There was...an air about him. Lenny then looked at Scott, noticing the same 'air.' It was then that he realized Luce had the same thing, but it was overshadowed by the Demon Blood in her. What...was that? It was very faint....no, not faint. It was...invisible. Only someone with Lenny's abnormal abilities would be able to notice it...but it disappeared quickly. It wasn't possession...or poison...it was...something else. 'Oh great. Now we got this to worry about?'
    Lenny stepped out from the shadows and walked towards Luce, gently putting his arms around her so as not to hurt her wounds. "Loos...you're alright, thank God. He didn't mention the Demon Blood that he knew was in her, nor did he ask about what had happened. They could save all that for the Roadhouse. He sighed, genuinely relieved and let her go, but did not leave her side. "It looks like everyone's okay, well, okay for us," he said in a slight chuckle, trying to ease the tension. "Where do we start? What happened to Loos? What happened here? Or probably," he looked at Johnny, "Explaining what exactly we are." He knew it was a lot for everyone to take in, this past day. "I say...we all head back to the Roadhouse. Drinks on me. I'll order some takeout. We can hash over everything then. Looks like everyone can use a little fire in their throats and food in their bellies, right?" He didn't pause for an answer. That's how Lenny worked: suggest something instead of demand it, but leave no room for opposition. "Johnny, we can explain everything there. But thank you. Thank you for making sure my kids are safe. Don't worry, despite their...rough edges, they'll do you no harm. Now come on, we got some explainin' to do for you, too. Everyone, split up into two cars: half ride with Mulligan, the others ride with Johnny here. Loos," he paused, meeting her eyes with his. "You can ride with me."

Elsewhere, at an unknown location:​
    [​IMG]
    "Come on now, it isn't that difficult!" The man yelled at the television screen. He could hear a few mumbles around him, but he ignored them. Here he was, enjoying a nice glass of whiskey at the local bar while watching the soccer game coverage, and the other patrons decide to point and whisper. Sure, he was dressed strange for this particular establishment, with his white-three-piece suit with golden and black lining, a very wide collar, black gloves, and black boots up to his knees. He should be burning up, but this man felt no heat. He raised a gloved hand and brushed it through his long, blonde hair. He continued to watch the game, legitimately invested in it, but once it became clear that his favored team could not win, the man gave up. "Ah, there's always next season, I suppose," he mused. He raised a hand so the bartender would notice him and pointed at his empty glass, "Another one, barkeep. Let's try something...stronger this time." He smiled deviously as he said it. As the man behind the counter fetched a more expensive type of alcohol, the man-in-white reached into his jacket and pulled out a cell phone. He hummed to himself as he navigated the screen before calling someone. He nodded to the bartender, who gave him another drink, and then spoke into the phone. "Nova, sir? It's Thanatos. I have a job for you."

16. Arch Mana Knight

"I was more worried about you than the jeep." Scott responded towards Luce, shrugging at her. It didn't seem like she was that serious about getting payment from him. At least, not in the form of cash. He wasn't sure if he wanted to know what Luce had in mind. Scott decided not to ask in the hopes that Luce would forget about...her car being destroyed because she was totally likely to forget about that.

"Hey, old man! Wanna come out and do something about all this?!"

"Shut it-" And Lenny was already coming before Scott could even say any more to Adam. Scott growled as Lenny came over. It seemed that Lenny didn't even react much to anything. He seemed happy that Luce was alive but Scott knew there had to be more that Lenny wasn't saying. Maybe that's why he wanted to her to be the only one in his car. To speak to Luce alone. Scott trusted Lenny enough to not hurt her however so he knew better than to step in and disagree with the decision.

Scott sighed and cursed under his breath, hoping he would have stayed together with Luce during the drive home. Now Lenny wanted them to split up between the remaining cars. He thought it over for a moment before figuring out what had to be done. Before he would do anything however, he pulled on Luce's arm to bring her away from Lenny for just a moment. "If he asks about what happened to you," Scott kept his voice low, "You could always change the subject." Scott didn't want her to be forced to answer any difficult questions when he wasn't around for her. He wasn't sure what else to tell her at that moment. Scott leaned in as if to whisper something into Luce's ear. It was only to spare Luce, and himself, any embarrassment that would have come from him pecking her cheek. It was fast and not as awkward as he thought the movement would be despite his lack of practice.

"Take the girls, Adam. I'm going in the other car." Scott spoke up. 'They don't need to be crammed in a car with him.' As for Zeke, Scott hadn't thought about him. Maybe he could cram in with Adam as well. Given Johnny's attitude, Scott felt that his own dismissive behavior was the perfect counter. Plus, Scott could survive a car wreck if he decided to cause one. That was always a plus.

17. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce glared at Scott but as soon as Adam called out to Lenny, her angry retort died on her tongue. Half relief at being in the secure bubble of space Lenny occupied and half cold fear at being so close to Lenny. Did she smell? Could all her siblings smell the demon on her? She was sure he could... Lenny could...Adam probably could...Scott certainly smelt it. She held still as Lenny approached her directly. Was he going to strike her down right there in front of her siblings? In front of the filthy human? Please no...I have my pride...don't let me die in front of the worthless human.

"Loos...you're alright, thank God."

Huh? Surprised, Luce let him hug her. Lenny was always so warm...always smelling like cigars and alcohol. She lifted her arms to return his hug but stopped short. No... Why the word no simply popped into her head as her reason for not hugging him, she had no idea. Her hands dropped back to her sides and the rest of her reason came to her. She was a full monster now... Hugging Lenny was just something she'd have to give up in order to kill Azazel. Monsters didn't hug their parents....or adoptive parents. As Lenny let go, Scott yanked her aside. He said something stupid, something she was only half-listening to. "What's the point in avoiding the subject...it'll come up sooner or later. I already told you...I'll take my punishment without protesting. I...I know what I did and if Lenny wants to put a bullet in my head...that's just fine. Or..." she lifted her cold blue eyes to meet his, "I can convince him I'm stronger this way...I can kill Azazel like this."

Luce donned her old attitude when thinking of her situation as Lenny's adopted daughter, "I am the monster and Lenny holds my leash... I'll do whatever he asks of me, be it fight or die. I--" He kissed her cheek and her words failed her. Scott moved on to call out to Adam and she slowly meandered back to Lenny's side. He'd started his usual suggesting things without room for agreeing or questioning his choice.

"Johnny, we can explain everything there. But thank you. Thank you for making sure my kids are safe. Don't worry, despite their...rough edges, they'll do you no harm. Now come on, we got some explainin' to do for you, too. Everyone, split up into two cars: half ride with Mulligan, the others ride with Johnny here. Loos," he paused, meeting her eyes with his. "You can ride with me."

Luce inwardly scoffed at Lenny's thanks to the filthy human, 'Thanks for making sure my kids are safe'....that's complete bullsh!t. Assh0le wanted to put a damn bullet in our heads...or possible test how flexible he is. Hmph...worthless human wouldn't last one night in my bed. Her angry thoughts ate at her...especially since she'd made so many advances towards Scott in one day. At the mention of splitting up, Luce's head shot up. Lenny made it a point that she was going to ride with him...and all thoughts dropped from her head. A frantic feeling rose in her stomach but she couldn't pry her gaze away from Lenny's.

18. lord-insan-E-O Traverse Town Homebody

"Fine, whatever. I'll kick your ass when we get back to the Roadhouse." Johnny said to Lenny. He was finally calming down. He isn't the sort of hunter who kills anything that's not human, which makes some of the other hunters like to call him a 'Hippy' because of it, then he knocks some of their teeth out and buys them a drink. But just getting telekinectly superplexed tends to make people not think straight, and of course Luce wasn't helping things out.
    "Whoever wants to ride with me, come on!" Johnny yelled as he got in his SUV. The roof of his SUV was littered with devil's traps, and a few other symbols that he learned to keep out all the nasty stuff. It also had a few secret compartments that holds small pistols, knives, salt,and holy water, the works. He took Sally out of the back of his pants and lays it in the cup-holder between the drivers and passengers seat.

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Cat saw Lenny's gesture to the other Acolytes and walked over, still taking caution with Luce and Scott. She overheard bits and pieces of their conversation as she walked by. "I am the monster and Lenny holds my leash... I'll do whatever he asks of me, be it fight or die." She made sure to clear her line of sight before thinking to herself. "Damn. I knew she was tough, but this..." As she got close to Adam, she heard Lenny speak to all of them. "Everyone, split up into two cars: half ride with Mulligan, the others ride with Johnny here." And suddenly, Scott chimed in. "Take the girls, Adam. I'm going in the other car." She almost sighed in relief. If she ended up in Johnny's car, it probably wouldn't turn out well... for him. Normally she would never get so wound up over such a minor thing, but he really just pissed her off. She couldn't stand that kind of baseless prejudice. Still, if all else failed, she still had a bar to go back to.
    "I hope I don't get drunk too easily," she thought to herself as she climbed in the back seat. "Or I might end up asking that dick to stand in the street."

20. CrownMoksha Decimo

When Zeke saw that just about everyone was heading back over to the car, it was easier for him to dismiss his abandon theory. Sure it'd taken awhile but at least they'd accomplished what they were trying to do. They also seemed to have gotten another person among the number, at least that's what he gathered from see Lenny and someone else.

"I say...we all head back to the Roadhouse. Drinks on me. I'll order some takeout. We can hash over everything then. Looks like everyone can use a little fire in their throats and food in their bellies, right?"

The idea of food did sound good. The last time something went into his stomach was at there stop before all this happened and while there weren't any pangs due to hunger as of now, but that could change soon enough.

Don't worry, despite their...rough edges, they'll do you no harm. Now come on, we got some explainin' to do for you, too. Everyone, split up into two cars: half ride with Mulligan, the others ride with Johnny here

"Take the girls, Adam. I'm going in the other car."

Yeah, I'll do that to. He was already crammed into Adam's car before and he would prefer if he didn't have to do it again. Since again there were only two options, he went with the less crowded one. There was no prior experience with Johnny, but apparently the others have had some kind of interaction with him. As long as it didn't effect Zeke, he didn't really care too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.