|Supernatural: S1| Acolytes of Azazel

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce lifted her head slightly when Scott first spoke. She watched him remove her shirt but she couldn't find the familiar lust that she saw in every other man's eyes when they looked at her. "What are you..." she started but flinched as he set his jacket on her exposed skin. That certainly wasn't what a normal man would've done. Reaching over her shoulder, she took hold of a corner of his jacket and buried her face in the collar. A younger version of Luce, deep within her, started to cry. Luce, herself, pushed herself up onto her hands and knees. Holding the jacket closed, she slipped one arm through the sleeve and alternated hands until she was properly wearing his jacket. Zipping it up, Luce cast a glance at Scott's face timidly. "I'm sorry... I did it again. Lenny's going to have my head...if not about this then about the other thing. I...shouldn't have behaved like that." Still...the human's words bothered her, "I don't think I should go home... I don't know...if I can control my abilities like this. How can I do it? It's like I don't know my own limits anymore." She sat up and reached up for Scott. Luce clung to Scott's side and shivered, "I said I'd become a demon myself to kill Azazel....if this is what that means..." she touched her forehead to his leg, "I don't think you should be around me anymore. I don't know my own strength...the limits of my sanity. I'd hate myself if I hurt you." Half of her figured him leaving her alone until she could kill Azazel was the best idea she'd had all year...the other half wanted to crawl into his skin and stay there, captivated by the warmth he emitted.
    Wrapping her fingers into his clothes Luce kept her face down towards the ground, "Scott..."

2. Arch Mana Knight

As Luce spoke, she only managed to confuse him. He kept quiet for several moments until she finished speaking, staring down at the girl who showed a shred of innocence one would not expect from someone who had lived like she did. That innocence reminded him of someone else. Someone dear to him. This was something he believed he had lost long ago when he drew first blood.

Scott instinctively reached down to run a hand, his non-wounded one, through Luce's hair as he pieced together what she said to him. She had lied about what had happened to her here. Her tattoo was even broken but she was not possessed. Instead, she seemed to be overdosed on demon's blood. Scott couldn't help but chuckle. At this moment, and probably for another day or two...or three, Luce's strength exceeded his own. "You're coming home and that's final. We both know you could never hurt me with brute strength anyways." Sure she could have broken his bones, left him bruised, or even pinned him down but that wasn't the kind of hurt he was talking about. "I don't care about Lenny's little rules. I'm just glad I found you." There was never going to be a "good time" for saying it. When Luce vanished he believed, for an instant, that he would never be able to tell her. He didn't know if he would ever get another chance. The others were distracted with the newcomer at the moment anyway...

He took in a deep breath. He wasn't sure why he hadn't blurted it out yet. He knew it was stupid to hesitate now. Scott leaned his head down closer towards Luce, moving his hand underneath her chin to get her to face him. "I told you once that I don't consider you to be a sister to me." Lenny's makeshift family of outcasts cursed by Azazel. Lenny seemed to believe that by acting as a family that would only allow them to work better as a team. Scott considered Adam to be his brother. Alexis as a comrade. And Luce? "I said that because I care about you more than that. Much more." Scott smiled faintly at Luce.

"Now..." Luce still had burns that needed to be taken care of. Even Scott's mushy feelings had to give way to that. "You're not supposed to be moving around with burns like that." He paused, remembering something. "Today's actually my birthday. So do me a favor and hop on my back so I can get you to the car and treat those burns. Without arguing with me."

OOC: Scuce all the way. (Even if Twilight thinks that sounds like a sauce. ...Oh and I totally said Scott's birthday was coming up a few pages ago. I DIDN'T FORGET.) Oh! And I told Bueno about all the posting that's been going on. I thought he'd tell us to slow down but he said it was fine! Either way. Last post for me today. XD

3. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Flooded with everything she was hearing, Luce's emotional capacity nearly shut down as Scott told her he cared about her. That was the second time he'd said something like that. He ran a hand through her hair and she suppressed a shiver. She stared at his face, uncertain if he was even real. It wasn't a question of if he was honest. Luce knew Scott wouldn't lie directly to her face. Not about something as sensitive to her as the nature of their relationship. Luce cherished her siblings and Lenny more than her own life.

He smiled at her and warmth flooded her body. Inwardly, she cursed at herself. What an awkward time to be aware that she'd never been with another in the years she'd started living with Lenny. Her body ached for another's touch. Her heart skipped a beat and sped up. Recoiling into herself, she released Scott's clothing and hid her hands away in the long sleeves of his jacket. Down Luce... Is what she told herself but it didn't help much. She felt swallowed by the pressing lack of human contact throughout the years. Every inch of her body quivered and felt stretched tight. Her nerves felt like someone had set them on fire. All this over a smile and a few touches....she was going to lose this battle. Shutting her eyes for a moment, she let out a shaky breath. When she opened her eyes again, she'd cast aside the awkward, timid, fear that ate at her every night. He said she couldn't hurt him....as much bullsh!t as that was, Luce knew how to reign in her strength. Hating herself, Luce flung out her arms, wrapping them around his neck and pulled him closer. Gaara wasn't going to like it but in her current state, she didn't care. She kissed him. Forcefully and rough, exactly as she was taught.

He said something about his birthday....it wasn't something Luce had marked on her calendar but...it must've meant something to Scott other than the day they were born into a world that would constantly be throwing middle fingers at them. Something other than the day that had ruined the rest of their lives.

Shoving her fingers into his hair, she alternated kisses on his lips, desperately trying to pull a response from him. She was the strongest of their family currently.... She'd always been one of the physically stronger of them but now all of her abilities surpassed those of her siblings. She should be able to have whatever she wanted, either with her powers or simply by being the oldest there... Why should she squish down the need for one thing when she was on top of the world? Dragging her tongue across his lips, Luce urged him to open his mouth. She liked how he tasted...if that was weird, she wouldn't have known otherwise. Unlike Adam, Scott didn't constantly smell like one thing. She enjoyed variety...always had.

4. Arch Mana Knight

He expected Luce to brush it off. He expected her to ignore it or tell him that she doubted him. Scott could even hear it in his head as Luce stared at him, her asking him if he had some kind of ulterior motive. That wouldn't have been surprising given how often she had pushed him away. Instead, he was met with silence as Luce began to pull away from him. Had she not heard him? Scott began to wonder if he had even spoken at all but before he could attempt to speak again something else came to his lips. Hers.

Scott flung a hand down towards the ground to keep himself from falling over when Luce pressed against him. This was different than when he had kissed her. Now that Luce had started instead of him... Scott had to restrain himself from wrapping his own arms around her, vaguely remembering that Luce still had burns that needed to be treated. He pressed back against Luce to sit upright once more. As much as he wanted this to last he knew that they needed to get back to the others. A chill went up his spine when he felt her tongue. She wasn't making this any easier.

It took all his self-control, as well as several long moments, for Scott to pull away from Luce. He felt light-headed and a little dizzy. He breathed in, realizing he had been holding his breath the entire time. "That's a nice way to tell me you feel the same way..." At least, he hoped that's what it meant. Scott placed his hand on his chest almost as if attempting to keep his heart from punching its way through his body. If it wasn't for the sounds of their breathing he might have heard it beating. "Let's...pick up after I dress those wounds of yours."

"Now either you let me carry you or you can walk on your own." The faster they moved, the less likely they would be to deal with that regular human again. Now wasn't a good time. In fact, there never was a good time. "It'd be easier on your back if you didn't walk." He added quietly, staring at Luce. She was just inches away...and his own self-control was beginning to wane quickly.

5. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

She was feeling pleased until he pulled away from her without responding to her more than she wanted. Disappointment and anger made her scowl at him. Besides acting weird, Scott hadn't responded the way he had the first time they kissed. And again, he brought up tending to her wounds. Letting her arms slip from around his neck, she grabbed the front of his shirt, "No. They'll heal overnight...forget about the burns." She inched closer to him, "Please...Scott, you're the only one." A twinge of disgust pulsed in her heart as she repeated a line she'd heard herself say several times a day. Funny how something that haunted her and was so difficult before came so easily to her lips now. Covering his hand with her own, Luce pulled his hand away from his chest and pressed her cheek to his palm. "Please..."

Turning her head, she pressed a kiss to his palm. She knew that look, the quiet tone of his voice. For a big, strong Acolyte, Scott had a weak will when it came to things like this and she was going to exploit it. Leaning closer to his face, she kept the pleading expression visible and pressed a light kiss to his lips. "It doesn't hurt that much..." Her heart beat loudly and as if to prove her point, she lowered his hand from her cheek to her chest. Luce held his hand to her heart, letting him feel how fast it was beating. "It hurts far more somewhere else." Keeping her voice low, Luce pushed, or rather...made Scott push until his control would break.

Scott was different...he cared about her, he insistently believed there was a good girl underneath the layer of hate and self-loathing she kept wrapped around her like a blanket. She pursed her lips, "If you want to carry me...you're going to have to pacify me first." Shoving, rather hard, on his shoulder, Luce shoved him to the ground and sat on his stomach, "Scott, forget about the burns."

6. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: I have nothing better to do(well I do but I don't want to do it). So I'm going to post again. "But Arch! Wait for others!" GO SUCK IT. I'm bored. >>

BIC:

Scott shifted underneath Luce, feeling lucky he hadn't hit his head against a rock. That rock would have been sorry. "I'm not used to being weaker than you." He spoke lowly, breathing deeply as he pressed his hand against Luce. With how her heart was beating, he was surprised she was still alive.

He was too slow to react to her kissing him again. Scott swallowed, staring up at Luce as his own face began to heat up. Taking in a slow, staggered, breath he averted his gaze as he tried to keep himself in control and even though she had said the burns would heal overnight, he still wanted to help. Maybe it wasn't entirely for her sake but his own. As much as he wanted to take care of her, he couldn't help but feel another kind of want. Something he hadn't felt before.

"Not here, Luce." If she wanted him to pacify her in order to get her to listen, he was more than willing to try. The blood made her stronger than him, but that didn't make him any weaker or her any heavier. "Just let me help you. It doesn't matter if it'll heal up by tomorrow." It sounded like pleading but that didn't matter. With no effort, Scott lifted Luce off the ground, making sure to keep his hands away from her back...which sounded easier than it was. "Besides..." He lowered his voice. "The Roadhouse would be better for that." Luce would know what he meant by a statement like that. Though that only meant it would be a long drive home. A very long drive.

7. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Every word that dropped from his lips made her blood burn hotter under her skin. Half of it anger, the rest a raw craving. How had she forced down and ignored this half of herself for five years? She should get a gold medal. She was doing so well at resisting...and now she'd thrown it all to the wind simply because...a tiny demon told her not to allow him near her. A tiny...jealous demon that she was enjoying disobeying.

And then...he stood up, with her still latched onto him. Luce reflexively clutched at him. Her mild anger fading as rapidly as it had come. 'Not here', 'Let me help you'...she hated those words. She tightened her hold on him and bit the fleshy part of his ear, "It's always 'not here' and 'let me help you' with you. Why can't it be here? Why won't you let me help you for a change?!" Though a rational part of her mind knew why it couldn't be here, she didn't want to act on rationality. Her hold slipped and she moved against him purposefully. She wanted a reaction out of him more than she wanted to stop the nagging pain in her back.

Luce didn't want to listen to his reasoning.

"The Roadhouse would be better for that."

Her breath caught in her throat and she looked up at him with hopeful, blue eyes. "You promise...?" Promise or no...she was going to get something out of this night if it killed her. A devious smile played on her lips. Slowly letting go, Luce tucked her face against his neck, "You can't be nice to me...I don't like nice," she purred and rolled her tongue across his adam's apple.

She paused, a thought crossing her mind before she quickly discarded it and moved on to a new one. She didn't want to let go of his neck, but it was getting hard to stand on her toes just to tease him. "If you want to help me...you'll stop trying to push me away and give me what I need most," releasing one arm from around his neck, she grabbed hold of the zipper on his jacket she wore, "I'm not opposed to a little harsh treatment. I swear I don't bite....very hard." Nipping his chin, she started to unzip the jacket.

8. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: "Arch, let someone else post!" Bueno is busy and a certain Midnight is not posting. *cough* ...Besides these posts can be skimmed or skipped by you guys. I'M TRYING TO JUSTIFY MY REASONS FOR POSTING SO OFTEN.

BIC:

"Why won't you let me help you for a change?!"

Scott almost answered that. The first thing that came to mind was "I don't need help" when the state of his mind and everything that had lead him this far pointed otherwise. Something had to go terribly wrong for him to put no value into his own life. So many times he had put himself purposefully in harm's way in the hopes that-

"You promise...?"

He shivered as Luce only continued to tease him, staring up at him with her bright blue eyes. Scott nodded at her instinctively not wanting to disappoint Luce now. "You don't need to ask me to promise. I've...been waiting for this." To Scott, it was almost like they were teenagers trying to do everything their parents said they couldn't do just to spite them. He could only wonder how the others--Lenny, Adam, and Alexis--would react if they knew. Scott wasn't sure if Lenny would harass the two for acting like this or even ignore it. Meanwhile Adam and Alexis already knew about the "tension" that was there. Still, to say that hormones were a part of this would have been an understatement. Scott knew he cared for her. That must have meant something...so long as she felt the same way.

Scott's hand shot immediately to Luce's to get her to stop from pulling the zipper of the jacket any further. It was hard enough as it was to keep in control. Now Scott wasn't even sure how he would keep calm if the jacket would come off anyways when he was going to tend to her burns. Instead of worrying about that he turned his thoughts to something else. "What..." He paused, unsure of how to phrase the question. Being direct about it only made him sound like some kind of confused child but he had no better way to ask. "What do you feel for me?"

Scott pulled on Luce's hand to get her to walk a few steps. He wanted to get to the car before someone could interrupt them. The last thing he wanted was for that newcomer to come and ruin the mood...if that could be called a "mood". He wasn't sure. He had no real experience with these kinds of things. In fact- "You're the first person I've kissed." He didn't mean to say that out loud. And now it was out in the open. While he wasn't embarrassed about it, he didn't want Luce to start teasing him about it. Especially not now.

9. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce opened her mouth to protest when he started dropping uncomfortable questions. Or rather...just the one. But it was a big one. Her desire faded to a dull hum at the core of her body and she frowned at him. What did she...feel for him? Immediately her mind rejected any form of attachment she felt towards him, but her chest tightened. She already knew quite well how she felt. But...Luce had convinced herself it was a crush and would go away. Having feelings for her brother was wrong...even if they weren't blood related....but that had been before he told her he thought about her as more than just his sister. Her jaw clenched as her mind spun around the question. He was going to get suspicious if she took too long. "I..." she hated herself, "I don't know what you mean," loathed her very being, "Please don't try to make this about feelings. This is a one-night-no-strings-attached kind of thing." How could she possibly tell him the truth. She was disgusting. "Do you always make things suddenly personal like this? I know things got a little heated but--" She stopped. She had to.

"You're the first person I've kissed."

Didn't that mean... No...you could still sleep with someone and never kiss them. He was just saying that to make her feel like they had a bond. Her gaze dropped to the ground, pulling her hand out of his. But if it was true... Luce lifted a hand to cover her mouth. She pressed her palm over her lips to stifle a sob. Before she could even stop herself, tears had sprung to her eyes on the verge of spilling over to the brim. How could she...? Old memories of her own first kiss flooded her head. How unnecessarily cruel it had been. His lips had been chapped and bleeding...his tongue tasted foul and she'd gagged on it several times. And now she'd practically done the same.

Luce clutched at the jacket she wore and blinked rapidly, trying to quiet the storm of emotion in her heart. Of course she liked him...more than she should have. So much it had hurt to think she'd never see him again. It hurt when she lied to him...and it hurt even worse to think she'd stolen something from him. She should not have been the one he chose to give that to. Luce considered herself unworthy of any form of affection. Even Lenny's was difficult to accept without a bit of resignation. But this was worse than when she'd blurted out if Lenny loved her. It was selfish to ask for more.

Dropping her chin to her chest, her silver hair fell around her face without the usual hair tie that kept it in a tight ponytail. None of her family had ever seen her cry before...and she wasn't about to let them see it now. She was a wreck when she cried. Her shoulders shook even as she suppressed sob after heart-broken sob. Turning her back to Scott, she held onto her lust and swallowed down her real feelings. "I don't love you if that's what you're asking me."

10. lord-insan-E-O Traverse Town Homebody

As Johnny was half way in his SUV he looked over to see Scott and Luce have their moment or she was raping him, he's not sure which it was. But he did see her movements in the cabin and knew she was hurt and needed treatment, while Scott was treating her he wasn't sure how good a medic he was. Growing up Johnny was taught first aid by a doctor his mom dated and by a field medic his mom also dated. "Damnnit..." He said to himself, he knew it would eat away at him if he did nothing, even if he wasn't sure what they are they were still with Lenny.
    Johnny goes to the back of the SUV in his arsenal, and grabs a first aid kit and a bottle of whisky. He also makes sure his revolver, Sally was loaded. He slowly walked over to the two, with Sally tucked in the back of his pants with his jacket covering it, trying to seem less threatening. "I'd hate to interrupt this kinky post whatever the hell happened banging, but you might want to disinfect the wounds with alcohol. I've got some whisky and fresh bandages perfect for that." Johnny said with a clutched fist ready for anything.

11. Arch Mana Knight

Luce had tried to sound convincing. Saying she didn't care for him in the same way would seemingly go with her treatment of him all these years. But at the same time, it felt wrong. There was something beneath what Luce was saying. Something he could see. This was more than some "unresolved sexual tension" and he knew Luce felt the same. He just wasn't sure why she was lying...and if she was trying to be terrible at it. She couldn't look him in the eye, she shook, and she lowered her head. Scott wasn't nearly as good at reading people as Alexis was but he knew these all pointed to one thing. Luce was too stubborn to admit she had feelings for him.

Scott just couldn't figure out why. Earlier she seemed to want to be the one protecting him so- 'Maybe that has something to do with it.' Just as Scott opened his mouth to call Luce out on it, Johnny spoke.

"I'd hate to interrupt this kinky post whatever the hell happened banging, but you might want to disinfect the wounds with alcohol. I've got some whisky and fresh bandages perfect for that."

If the newcomer wanted them to change their opinion of him, he was barking up the wrong tree. Scott wasn't sure how he knew that Luce was injured aside from the obvious signs of pain she showed on her face. Still, these were burns not cuts. This only brought more memories. Rather than stand still and let them surface, he forced his past back into the dark recesses of his mind.

"I've got enough years of experience to know what I'm doing. No thanks." Alccohol wouldn't help Luce's burns anyways. Especially not whiskey. Scott eyed the bandages. If Luce had suffered from lacerations he would have taken them but burns required special bandages. Bandages Scott kept around. After all, he didn't always trust Adam to not accidentally burn someone with his own power. Especially since, at Scott's request, Adam began using his power for cauterizing wounds. It didn't always come out as nice and pretty as they intended. In any case, they were prepared for any emergency. At least Scott was. One could say he was paranoid...because he was.

Scott took Luce's arm. "Come on." He lowered his tone to a whisper so only she would hear him before continuing with, "I don't know if you're trying to protect me or something...but you don't need to lie. You're doing a bad job at it. Dying's on my list of things to do anyways." He smiled faintly, trying to make the last bit sound like a joke. It wasn't. "Let me just get you taken care of, okay?"

12. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Letting Scott drag her along, she shivered as the human spoke. He would never be Johnny to her...always just the human. Besides Luce's aversion to men that weren't her family, she simply didn't like humans. They knew nothing of their plight. Nothing of the real world around them and yet they acted superior. Luce would be the demon she was born to be...and if that meant harnessing her disgust for humans then so be it. Luce's blue eyes slid to the side as she turned her head just barely to see him, there was no way in Hell she was going to let him pour whiskey on her and touch her with those bandages.

Reigning in her burst of emotion, Luce was caught off guard by Scott's whisper. She jumped and growled at him, "You're pretty dumb if you think I'm just going to stand by and let you get yourself killed one day." Lifting her head to glare at him, she completely forgot about her sorrow just moments before. Her eyes were wet and red but her old anger was quite real. "If anyone's lying here, it's you, Scott. If you think I'm going to let you take one step out of the Roadhouse with an attitude like that, you're sorely mistaken. I'll cuff you to your bed if need be."

13. lord-insan-E-O Traverse Town Homebody

"I'll cuff you to your bed if need be." That was the only whisper Johnny caught. "Damn someone likes it dirty." Johnny said with a slight grin. Johnny shuffles through the first aid kit and grabs a small pill bottle. "Here's some kickass pain killers if you want them." Johnny said tossing them the bottle.
    "Oh and a little heads up, just because I'm being nice to ya doesn't mean I still won't put a bullet in anyone of your all's head. I'm gonna get some answers from Lenny and if I don't like them....then I'm putting a bullet in you two, that skunk head, and that little blonde. And who ever else is whatever the hell you are." Johnny said as he turned towards his car. "And sweetheart I don't give a damn of how powerful you think you are. I'm a hunter, I spit in powerful's face, kick him in the nuts and savagely beat him down. Then I kill him."

14. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce turned quickly and lifted her hand as if she were about to catch the bottle. Instead it stopped mid-air, "I don't need a filthy human's charity." Closing her hand, the bottle crumpled in on itself rather quickly. She took a moment to stare at her hands. Was it really her power doing all this? Her heart beat faster but she wasn't sure if it was thrilling or frightening to know her power was capable of stronger things like this. If it was like this with only twenty four hours of gulping down pure demon blood...how much stronger would she get if she kept at it? She wouldn't need to endanger her brothers or Lenny anymore.

Luce listened to him and a tiny part of her wished he could put a bullet in her...but not yet. "Heh...you can damn well try, little mutt. I'd give you my entire savings if you could just put a bullet in my sisters' head." It was disgusting how little the stupid human knew. He really didn't know Lenny at all. "Why doesn't the insipid mutt keep his grubby thoughts to himself. No one wants to hear the desperate ramblings of someone trying to get on Lenny's good side." Anger...no, something else...she couldn't describe it at all. "Hunters cannot kill my kind. And I doubt you'd be able to beat me down...ever." As if to emphasize her chilly tone, a cold Minnesota wind rustled through the trees, pushing her silver hair across her face.

Luce wasn't about to let a filthy human kill her before she could kill the monster that made her like this. She wouldn't stop...not ever until Azazel was dead and then....then things would be over for her and her family. She would know what to do after it was over. Until then...she would make sure her brothers, sisters, Lenny and Scott never got hurt by his hand ever again. That demon had taken everything from her...it was time she took some of it back. Turning back to Scott and the car, she shoved him towards the vehicle. Luce didn't want to waste more time communicating with the filthy human.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    Lenny's mouth twisted downwards. He hated it...but Cat was right. She was fresh to the scene...but perhaps if he took her with him..."No." He blurted it out with a tone that suggested that there was no room for negotiation. Regardless, she had a point. "We're not followin' Parker, 'dickish' or not, and I'm not leaving a pretty, little lady like yourself here alone." The second part was only half-true; the Roadhouse was possibly the safest place for a hunter (or a hunter-to-be) in this case, but he couldn't risk her snooping around and messing with firearms or any of his other paraphenelia. Still...she did have a point. Even though he had only known Cat for a few days at most, Lenny had the impression that she had more common sense than most of the other Acolytes...maybe that would come in handy. "But...I guess there is something we can do," he said, his voice suddenly soft as he turned around. Grabbing the nearest bottle of whiskey with his right hand and an empty shot glass with his mind, Lenny turned back to Cat. He sighed, opened the bottle, poured a shot, and took it without hesitation. As the alcohol burned his throat, Lenny slammed the empty glass onto the table with authority. He sighed again, this time to let air into his mouth, and waved his hand in a semi-circle. The bottle closed itself and flew back into its spot on the shelf without help. He smiled at Cat. "I'll teach you how to do that one day," he assured her. And with that, the father of the Acolytes crossed the bar. "Now come on. We can at least meet them half-way, right? Too far to get involved, but close enough to help." They needed a ride...perhaps Cat would be the first Acolyte to actually set foot in his Impa-"We'll take the jeep. There should be...accessories for you in there." He was talking about firearms (Lenny always kept at least one hidden within reach for the Acolytes), but he wasn't sure if she should know that yet. Nor did he stop to think that maybe his perfect use of telekinesis would seem strange to her. He was able to hide it effortlessly from anybody who wasn't an Acolyte...but he was comfortable around the Acolytes to show his true self...and Cat was now an Acolyte. As he pulled on the chain to turn off the 'Open!' sign, he looked back with a smile. "Wanna drive?"
    [​IMG]
    He was quiet...no, he was gone. Adam watched everything unfold, but he failed to react. He should have been the first to react and diffuse the situation, considering that he has often (and unwillingly) found himself as the field leader of his siblings. But the scene appeared to him through a light fog, all noise resonated faintly through a low hum, and all physical feeling was...numbed. It was as if the scene in front of him was a dream. He had finally calmed down and felt stable after his personal episode after finding Luce, but as soon as Parker bursted in, everything turned into a dream. Adam watched, moving only to show that he was still there...but it didn't feel like he was. The thing that took Luce...was this its state of being as well? There, but not? Observing, but unnoticed? Was it still in the room, watching everything through some sort of 'dream vision' like he was?

He has seen this guy before...at the Roadhouse. Not really a regular, but obviously a hunter. How long ago was that? Adam couldn't remember, nor was he sure if he's ever even served the guy despite working at the Roadhouse. What was his name? James? Something like that. That was it; Adam remembered him. Why didn't the others? The guy's dad was a friend of Lenny's who died on the job...or something. Adam could not be half-assed to care about normal hunters so he only half-paid attention. A friend of Lenny's was someone to pay attention to...the guy's kid? Junior could stay at the playground for all Adam cared. Regardless, this James guy-no, not James...Jonathan? Something with a J. This J-guy was more friend than foe (or at least, less foe than anything shooting worthy). He just burst into the scene without warning, making his way past Alicia? Suspicious. But if he was who Adam thought he was, then a simple call to Lenny would resolve everything. But why couldn't Adam suggest it? Why then, when he opened his mouth to speak his mind and calm everyone down, did only a mumble escape his lips? This dream like state that he was in was troublesome.

And then Luce ruined everything. Goddamn it, Luce! He wanted to cry out that thought. It's happened before, last time they were here actually. Adam vaguely remembered, as if it was another dream, hunting a Wendigo when Luce snapped at Scott and pushed something with her mind in front of a park ranger. Adam was the first to scold her and convince the ranger to ignore what he had seen....so why didn't he do it now? Why did he only watch with some strange form of other-wordly curiosity?
    "You probably want her to break his neck."
    Yeah, that was it. Wait, no. Adam shook his head, immediately forgetting the voice that only he could hear as Scott pulled Luce out of the room and Alicia man-handled Jonathan onto the ground. There was a strange form of deja-vu. The memory of his own flames erupting form his body and burning down his own mother's home with her still in it flashed in his head. Her death, as well as her husbands, was something he did himself. It was a memory that he hated. But all that energy spent hating it...was that just some sort of misplaced arousal for killing them? Was he now trying to satisfy that arousal by the complete opposite: seeing someone kill someone else instead of doing it himself? No...NO! Adam shook himself sane, the twisted thoughts exiting his head and suddenly...his whole dream-like episode, including his thoughts and that voice, were forgotten.
    Adam looked at Jonathan and Alicia, raising an eyebrow as he cracked his knuckles. He was groggy all of a sudden...as if he had just woken up, but he was definitely awake now. "Jesus, I zone out for one second and everything goes to Hell." The pun wasn't intended, but he cracked a smile. "Call Lenny," Adam told Alicia as he motioned for her to stop aiming at the poor guy. "He's okay. And...we're okay, got it?" He told Jonathan, wondering if he was recognized. "Let's go. Mission accomplished."
    The second-longest Acolyte followed Luce and Scott nonchalantly. He should be...serious right now, but he wasn't. He was overtaken by some strange form of...not caring enough. The gravity of the situation had escaped him. As he walked outside and watched Jonathan head to his car and Luce and Scott head towards his car, Adam felt a chill...as if something was breathing in his ear...but there was nothing there. Regardless, he couldn't shake the feeling that his ear was about to be lightly licked. 'The hell am I thinking? I must be delirious,' he decided to himself as he neared his own car. "Wait...Zeke and Eliza...are they still there?! Did you just leave them alone?"
    OOC: OH GOD, LONG POST.​

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

OOC: Thank you, Bueno. THANK. YOU.
    It feels so good to be able to make a long post.

BIC:

"No. We're not followin' Parker, 'dickish' or not, and I'm not leaving a pretty, little lady like yourself here alone." She knew he was just kissing ass to keep her here, safe. To be honest, she couldn't blame him -- everyone has their own logic -- but it still made her uneasy. More importantly, he was still uneasy as well. She closed her eyes and let her head drop slightly, sighing softly and trying hard to focus on anything apart from the immediate situation, or rather, the lack thereof. "But...I guess there is something we can do."She watched him use his powers without a care in the world. To be honest, it might have been a bit... startling if she hadn't witnessed everything unfold in the past few days. In reality, it was still going to take some getting used to, but that had also been the case with her own powers -- there would probably always be some sort of adjustment period. "I'll teach you how to do that one day." She looked up and caught a glimpse of his smile and it made her grin herself. "I appreciate it, but I can fill a shot glass by hand." She had never had a drink before, but she might just celebrate once everyone was back. "Now come on. We can at least meet them half-way, right? Too far to get involved, but close enough to help." She straightened herself, glad that she had managed to get through to him. The sooner she could make herself useful, the better. "Yeah, let's go." They walked out the front door and she looked over at one of the nicest cars she'd ever seen. Though cars hadn't been a big part of her life, she could tell it had been taken care of over the years. She almost started to walk towards it, but caught herself and stopped, avoiding that kind of embarrassment. "We'll take the jeep. There should be...accessories for you in there." She looked over in the dirt and noticed the ordinary Jeep parked across the way. It seemed a bit, er, normal for their lifestyle, but she wasn't going to say anything; there were bigger things to worry about. "Alright." She opened the trunk to find a few devil's traps spray painted and carved onto the inside, but the biggest one was on the compartment for a spare tire. She opened it up to find shotguns, pistols, knives, bottles of holy water and any number of other essentials for a hunter. She grabbed a simple holster and an ordinary-looking pistol as a precaution, and closed everything back up. She heard Lenny speak up as he entered the front seat."Wanna drive?""Oh. Well, uh, sure." She walked up to the driver's seat and remembered the few driver's ed classes she'd taken in her sophomore year. Taking care not to screw up, she followed the tracks that Johnny's car had left, figuring he might have a better idea of where everyone was than she did. It took a few minutes but, surprisingly, they'd gotten there without a hitch. She walked out to find Johnny searching through his trunk, Luce shoving Scott into a car and Adam freaking out, though she couldn't quite hear what he was asking about.
    "Hey," she said, walking up to Johnny. She might've confronted her new siblings if the circumstances had been different, but Luce was already intimidating, Scott seemed a bit... preoccupied and Adam would probably be pissed if she asked dumb questions; she really didn't want to see how any of those scenarios ended up, but more importantly, she could pry more information from the hunter than from any of the other Acolytes. "What the hell's going on here," she asked as she walked over to him. Once she was close enough, she whispered in his ear "And don't lie. Tell me everything you know."

17. lord-insan-E-O Traverse Town Homebody

"Right, I'm the mutt." Johnny said as he turned back around to face Luce. "Whatever helps you feel better about yourself honey. Just remember, I'm sure of what I am. How about you?" Johnny asked in a angry tone as he turned back around and walked to his SUV. Johnny wanted to just unload into her, but he needed to hear from Lenny's own story about what they are before he shot any of them. But Luce was making it very hard.
    Cat walked up to him. "What the hell's going on here," she asked as she walked over to him. Once she was close enough, she whispered in his ear "And don't lie. Tell me everything." "Well, I came in to help until I was thrown around with telekinesis by the curvy bitch over there, and your about to be a few siblings short witch girl. Now honey, where's Lenny so I can shoot him several times in the face for being a dumbass and adopting goddamn monsters!"

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

Meanwhile back at the car, Zeke was starting to get tired of waiting. While the fact that he was normally quiet could make him seem like a quiet guy, he had his limits. It was a bit after Alexis had left them that he really started to question staying in the car. First thing first, he exited the car to get some fresh air. He did a quick stretch since he now had more elbow room. Now he was just starting in the direction he saw Alexis run off to. I'm seriously starting to think that they forgot about us.

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

"Well, I came in to help until I was thrown around with telekinesis by the curvy bitch over there, and your about to be a few siblings short witch girl. Now honey, where's Lenny so I can shoot him several times in the face for being a dumbass and adopting goddamn monsters!"
    "Watch your mouth, asswipe." She was getting pretty tired of his crap, and she could tell that it would only be so long before she lost it completely with him. Frankly, it was a miracle that they hadn't killed him already. She turned around so he couldn't see her face, and used her audiokinesis so Lenny wouldn't get on her case about threatening a hunter. Well, not at that moment anyway. "Threaten Lenny, or any of them again, and I'll come after you. I won't hesitate for a second." She could only hope that the bluff worked in her favor.

20. Arch Mana Knight

Scott raised an eyebrow at Luce's outburst to what he had said. She took his joke more seriously than he wanted her to. Scott rarely showed any form of self-preservation. The small scar he gained the last time they were in these woods had proved that. After all, he had volunteered himself to be bait when he was hardly feeling at the top of his game. Grappling a wendigo was hardly his brightest idea.

"I'd do the same for y-"

Then Johnny spoke up again threatening Luce, himself, and the others. If Luce hadn't acted in anger first... Scott shook his head slowly. Those kind of thoughts didn't have their place now. He brought his anger down to a manageable level by sheer force of will in order to keep from tearing off the guy's head. Scott stumbled forward as Luce shoved him, nearly losing his balance entirely as his mind returned to reality.

Adam was approaching them as well but the look on his face puzzled Scott. He wasn't sure if Adam looked confused, hurt, ...or had a bad case of indigestion. Rather than slow his pace to allow Adam to catch up to them and ask what was wrong, Scott continued forward with Luce. If Adam had something on his mind he would say it. Adam's car was parked in a spot different than he remembered it being. At first he didn't recognize it but as he got closer he could tell that Alexis had simply covered it in branches and leaves. It looked pretty dirty now and Adam probably wasn't going to be happy about that. Scott would feel sorry if Alexis had managed to scratch it in her haste to hide the thing.

While she shouldn't have left the newbies alone, he was glad Alexis had shown up when she did. If he or Luce had been left to deal with Johnny, things would have gotten messy very quickly. "Hang on a sec." He told Luce as they stopped by Adam's car. Scott opened the passenger door, not bothering to so much as wave at the others, and pulled out a small pack that was pushed up against some of the other gear that Scott had salvaged from Luce's jeep. It was pretty cramped in Adam's little car. Scott opened the bag relieved to see that nothing had been damaged. First-Aid, bottles of water in case they had gotten stranded, and a few other things that wouldn't be found in the First-Aid kit were inside. It was cool to the touch because it had been sitting next to the air conditioner the entire time. Better to have cold water than warm water to drink.

"Hm..." Scott knelt down and opened the First-Aid kit, shifting through several things until he found what he needed. Compression bandages, tape(because the bandages didn't stick), and burn cream. He also took every bottle of water from the pack. They weren't stranded anyways and he would need it. "Don't make me feel like I wasted my time getting this stuff out." Scott gave Luce a stern look before shifting his eyes over towards the trees. Given where Luce's burns were Scott couldn't just take care of them right out in the open.

"We'll be back. Um...medical business." Scott left the things he didn't need in the car, taking the pack with him. He turned his attention back to Luce, motioning for her to follow him. He wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.