Supernatural: Acolytes of Azazel.

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

Scott's vision faded momentarily as the next thing he knew he was standing against a tree with a sharp pain in both his chest and back. He figured the Wendingo must have hit him pretty hard to cause him to fly back so far, he didn't even have a chance to react from that distance. He shook his head at Adam when he began to speak. "I didn't get shot so let's follow after that thing while we have a chance." Scott stepped forward, oblivious to the fact that a thin branch jutted out from his side having peirced Scott from the force of the collision. He paused for a moment as the sensation of a warm liquid ran down his body. Turning his head, Scott raised an eyebrow upon seeing the foreign object stuck on him. "Stupid tree." He muttered, yanking it out of his side and dropping the small bloody chunk of wood. "We can still follow its tracks...and the trail of blood it's leaving." He added, taking another step forward as he continued to ignore his injury hoping the others would as well. To him, just as long as he didn't bleed out he would be fine.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Makes sense," Adam told Luce as he watched Scott. A normal person would have looked away at the sight of someone pulling a chunk of wood out of their body, but not a Hunter. They've seen similar things all too often. "Wendigo's are supposed to be humans turned cannibal turned monster, right? Maybe they keep some intelligence," it seemed like a plausible theory, but he didn't know for sure. I mean, it's not like they could have simply asked the monster "Hey, are you still smart as you were before you ate another human?" He looked to where Scott was staring and saw the trail of blood. "He's right! Come on, let's go. Scott, try to keep up. Luce, you cover the rea-"

"DIIIEEE!"

Adam was cut off by the echo of the Wendigo's scream. "Whoa...," he would have lied if he said it didn't scare him at least a bit. "So that's what they meant by mimicking human speech...anyway," he regained his composure and told Luce to cover the rear. Just in case it tries to pick up Scott again, he added to himself. "Let's go, people. Lock and load. We're not getting another chance!" He walked on the trial of blood with a fast pace, but didn't run, not wanting to leave Scott behind.

3. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce nodded with what Adam was saying and jumped as the Wendigo mimiked the single word, die. She shivered, "Disturbing..." She waited for Scott to get moving to cover his back, "Nothin' like bonding over following a damn Wendigo through a Minnesotan forest." She meant it as a joke and even offered a small smile. Luce's humor wasn't a good one and usually had a dark edge to it.

4. Arch Mana Knight

Scott trailed behind Adam, turning his head to look at Luce from over his shoulder. He held out his left hand towards her, motioning with his index and middle finger in a "come hither" sort of way. He meant for it to be a way to tell her that he wanted his sword back. In the back of his mind Scott was glad that Adam hadn't chosen to make a run for it towards the Wendigo's scream--which was creepy in its own right--since he was unsure if he could run at full speed in his current condition. 'I'm gonna slice that thing's face off...or something. That'll teach that thing a lesson!'

5. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce jogged up beside Scott and slapped his sword into his hand, "You gonna be okay iwth that?" she meant his wound as she walked to his other sided and cautiously lifted his shirt enough to see the wound. She frowned, "If this gets infected, you're on your own." she hesitated, dropping his shirt back over the wound and stared at the blood on her fingers, "Scott...I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm such a b*tch some times, but...if you'd grown up the way I did, you'd understand. I'm not gonna give you a whole story about my life, I just wanted you to know I'm sorry for how I act." She dropped back, not really wanting to hear an answer to her words and hung her head. Memories of her cold childhood became unsuppressed and she shivered, remembering all the horrifying things done to her. She almost pitied herself but she had Lenny now and he took care of what she couldn't.

6. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

Tatum had stayed in the tent at the first sign of the Wendigo. She felt awful for doing so, but something inside of her felt like they had it all under control. When she heard the scream come from the creature, though, she instantly grabbed a shot gun and peeled back the entrance to the tent. The faint sound of the others was near, and Tatum slowly picked herself up from off the floor of the tent and walked out, following the voices. When they were in sight, she noticed Scott was injured and a frown crossed her face. Running over to them, she slowed to a steady pace when she finally reached them upon hearing Luce's words. Glancing at Scott and then to Luce, she shook her head and went over to Adam. "What happened?" she asked, biting on her bottom lip from the nerves.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Wendigo," Adam said quickly, as he reloaded. "Really big, really fast thing that likes to eat people," and that was all the recap he gave her as he motioned for the others to follow him. "Come on, let's follow the trail." With Tatum with them, that's one more chance they have at killing the thing. After several minutes of walking, the trail of blood led to a cave. Tired from his walk, Adam panted as he looked into the cavern. "Did Griffin really not think that it could be hiding in this cave? How does a forest ranger forget to mention that there's a huge cave here?!" He asked aloud, exasperated. I freaking hate the mountains... He looked down to see the trail of blood entering the cave. "Everyone close, we don't have any light...unless someone thought to bring a flash light?" He asked, hoping at least one person did.

8. Arch Mana Knight

Scott had flinched when Luce had moved his shirt, not having expected her to actually act worried. "Um...yeah...I'll be fine. Just remember that you're not the only one who had their childhood robbed." He lowered his eyes as he opened his mouth to say more but nothing else came. He had no witty remark to make or any joke to tell. 'Hm...' He returned his attention back up front as he took notice of the cave in front of the group. Scott stepped forward although he wasn't planning on going in first, even his current condition he wasn't stupid enough try and take the lead while he was wounded. Scott drew his sword and flicked the blade against the cavern's rock wall causing a momentary spark that shed next to no light. "Well that idea was a waste of time. Beside, I wouldn't want to do that continuously to light our path. The only thing I've got up my sleeve is..." He snapped his free hand downwards as the tip of his knife fell out of his sleeve and into his hand. "Demon-killing knife. Don't suppose it serves as a light source...unless it does that. Does it?" He turned towards Adam, geniunely curious.

9. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce laughed shortly, "I wish." She really did wish a demon killing knife provided light of it's own. Luce pulled out her pistol and stepped inside the cave, "I'll take point if Adam's scared." She antagonized him instead of Scott, not with that wound. Luce had no flash light but as she willed her eyes to adjust to the darkness she wished she did. Even bringing her backpack would've been smart, it held her matches.

10. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

"I didn't bring a flashlight, but..." Tatum pulled her cellphone out from her back pocket, not sure if it would really do anything for them. "I do have this." She turned the cellphone on, realizing it was rather silly of her to carry a cellphone around in the middle of the woods, where she wouldn't be getting any service at all. Glancing towards the cave, she shrugged her shoulders. "I don't think it'll be good enough, though." Usually she used the light emitted from her phone back at her room at the Roadhouse whenever she was too lazy to flick the switch. It worked well there, but this situation was completely different. "Sorry," she said, her voice just barely above a whisper. She hadn't helped much and she honestly felt bad.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Ha, I wish," Adam said, laughing silently at Scott's comment. "You just take care of Scott," He told Luce as he stayed in the lead, his shotgun held firmly in front of his eyes. He ignored Tatum's suggestion at first and then realized something. "Hey, Tatum," he said, stopping after he almost walked into a wall. "Your phone record video? Turn the flash on," he suggested. He wondered why they hadn't thought of that earlier.

12. Arch Mana Knight

For just a moment, Scott felt completely stupid for not taking out his own phone to light the way. He reached into his pocket after shoving the knife back up his sleeve. 'Oh great...' Scott sighed out quietly, feeling the broken pieces of his phone brush up against his hand. The attack from the Wendingo had managed to destroy his phone as well. 'I wish these things were more durable.' He stepped closer towards Luce as he kept his eyes fixed on the cavern. "Hm...Luce taking care of me, shouldn't it be the other way around?" He plainly commented as he took a glance over at the girl.

13. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce didn't hear him. She zoned out as she stared into the darkness of the cave. Darkness without the stars or the moon to shine above her reminded her of when she was on the streets. With all the perverts and lurkers that stalked her. A few gaining advantage of her when she didn't understand but after a few nights forced into someone's bed. She had gathered enough money to buy her first pistol. The very one she held in her hands. To kill the Wendigo, she'd have to go into the cave and the darkness and possibly force herself to relive a few memories she'd suppressed. Being an Acolyte should've meant she wasn't afraid but the little silver haired girl inside her was terrified. Luce subconsciously pulled her silver hair in front of her face as she paled drastically, "Let's go, already." her voice nearly cracked and to her shock, a tear rolled down her cheek. This can't be happening. Not here, not now! she willed herself not to cry in front of Scott, Adam and Tatum. Especially Scott. They bickered enough, she didn't need him thinking she was weak. Her body jerked away from him as he moved closer and his words sank into her mind, "I don't need to be taken care of. I can handle myself just fine!" She headed into the cave ahead of everyone.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Luce!" Adam called out as he ran after her, forsaking his plan of lighting the way. He could barely see anything, but he didn't have time to get his cell phone. If Wendigo found Luce before they did...Adam cocked his shotgun at the thought, not letting that happen.

The Wendigo was about to bite down on its first victim. It was going to save her for later, but those "victims" from earlier shot at it! It was injured and needed energy. What better way than to crunch down on the flesh and bones of another human? A memory flashed in his head, the first human it had eaten, the one that had turned the poor girl into the monster she was now. Her own sister was confused when she stabbed her in the wilderness, after getting lost. At least she didn't live long enough to see her little sister hungrily biting into her skin. The memory quickly disappeared, with any shred of humanity the Wendigo had left. Oh, well, such is the price of cannibalism. Before it could take a bite, it heard a call in the cave. Visitors? In her cave? Could it be those same ones from earlier. Hungry for revenge and, even more, flesh, the Wendigo sped off. Within moments, it could see the girl from earlier running towards it. It was too dark for her to see it, but not too dark for it. It smiled and stayed in place, letting its next meal come to it.

15. Arch Mana Knight

'Damn it.' Scott bolted after Adam, doing his best to keep pace with him despite his injury. 'Why would she run off like that?' Luce didn't seem the type to act so impulsively...at least not when things were getting serious instead of when the two were at each other's throats. Scott flicked his thumb against the hilt of his sword, causing the blade to fly out of its sheath. After catching the blade Scott dropped the scabbard, preferring to have a free hand just in case he needed his knife...or his fist. "Girls are just so difficult!" Scott muttered under his breath angrily. As he kept moving Scott could almost taste something in the air, it was faint but it was foul. 'It's near...' Scott knew it was the Wendingo and cursed lowly as he was unable to see much further than two feet in front of his face. "Luce, be careful!"

16. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce's thoughts screamed louder than Adam or Scott's shouts could. She stopped and leaned against what she hoped was the cave wall. She couldn't see her hand two inches in front of her face. "Dammit! I'm an idiot." She sniffed and wrinkled her nose, something foul....Wendigo. How could she have been so stupid. "Sonofva..." she looked around, futile since everything was so dark. Luce pulled out her cell phone and gripped her pistol harder, "I hate when things jump out at me in the dark." she mumbled to herself. Taking evened steps further into the cave, she kept her senses alert for anything.

17. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

Tatum frowned when she saw Luce run off into the dark. Who knows what could possibly happen if the group didn't stay together. Walking into the cave, she disregarded what Adam had asked her earlier and put her phone away. Her eyes slowly adjusted to the dark, but she was still only able to see a few inches in front of her. Walking over to the wall of the cave, she held her hand out, trailing it along the wall as the group continued. As the little light emitted from the stars outside of the cave grew smaller and smaller, Tatum became more frightened. Just as she was about to call out to Luce, thinking that maybe she would listen to a girl, her hand went into something sticky and she immediately drew it back. Pulling her phone out, she turned it on and shone it on her hand, revealing a thick, dark red liquid. "Hey, guys.." she started, but before she could continue, the stench reached her nose and she fought the urge to be sick. Glancing up, she could see the faint outlines of Adam and Scott, and she hurried to catch up to them.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Damn it, damn IT, DAMN IT! Adam cursed to himself as he ran through the cave, occasionally hitting a wall or stumbling in the dark. Where was Luce? Where was the Wendigo? "We are not letting her die, damn it," He thought as he kept running. His thoughts were racing, his body was feeling hot from excitement, but not the good kind. Moments later, he smelled the same thing everyone did as he neared Luce, but he couldn't see her. He stopped suddenly, not sure what to do. The Wendigo was near, he knew it. "Luce?!" He called out. He couldn't see. If the Wendigo attacked, he would be dead. Getting angry at the thought, he raised his left hand and yelled, "Come and get me!" As a small flame erupted from his hand. It didn't last long and it didn't go anywhere, but it lit up the cave for a quick instant. It lit it up long enough for him to see Luce's figure and long enough for him to see another slender figure rushing at him, running around Luce. By pure instinct, he shot in its direction, no longer seeing where he was aiming. The flash from the shot showed the Wendigo a mere foot away from him as the shells hit it. The Wendigo was hit, but its momentum caused it to crash into Adam, sending them both stumbling back. Adam lost his grip on his gun as he landed on his back with the creature on top of him, but, by pure instinct, he grabbed the disoriented Wendigo's arms and mustered all his energy into it, burning its flesh.

The Wendigo screamed as its flesh burned easier than the flesh of a human's should burn. It defensively jumped off Adam just as he yelled.

"SCOTT, GRAB IT!"

EDIT: I'm on my way home for Thanksgiving so I may not post again until Friday. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone~

19. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]

Empty shells and scrape marks were the only signs of a scuffle. Klad's trained eyes saw blood. But not enough to give any clue as to where the rest had gone. His sister had stayed behind at the camp. Touching things before pointing him in this direction. He would need her again if they wanted too get going. Perhaps a general direction could be given if they could find something.

Just then, something that looked like it belonged in a forest. Klad moved too it, scooping it up and examining it. It had to be something relating to what went on here after the fight. Flipping it around and around in his fingers, it turned out to be a plastic piece to a cell phone. Which he deduced because part of the cell phone's company name was placed on the plastic's clear side.

20. Arch Mana Knight

"Stay still you bast-!" Scott's arms locked around the Wendingo as he pressed its own arms against its chest to keep it from pushing him like last time. It seemed to have gone feral...more than before anyways, and was desperately trying to break free from Scott's hold. He felt his strength draining fast as he kept the demon as still as he possibly could. "I could use a little help here!" It was unlike him to call for help but he knew that if someone didn't intervene, the Wendingo would throw him off and probably kill the three of them. Scott dropped his sword in the fray knowing that holding onto it as well would only prove to be troublesome. 'Come on, come on.... come on!' He shook his right arm while still holding onto the Wendingo, freeing his knife from his sleeve. Scott loosened his grip for just an instant as he readjusted himself and stabbed the knife into the Wendingo's already burnt arm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.