Supernatural: Acolytes of Azazel.

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

Tatum sat in the tent by herself. The twins still hadn't returned and the others were outside doing who knows what. Letting out a soft sigh, she pushed herself off of the hard ground and walked outside of the tent. It was still rather light out. She had noticed Luce dancing for a split second before Scott muttered something which caused her to immediately stop. A small laugh escaped her pursed lips, and she headed over a stray stump and brushed it off, sitting down on it after.

"What time is it?" she asked, directing the question to no one in particular. It had felt like the group had been away from civilization for ages. But Tatum wasn't complaining - she was enjoying the piece and quiet. Hearing a rustle coming from beyond the woods, she stood up almost immediately, but laughed it off. They were in the woods - of course there were going to be rustles. The thing they were hunting wasn't the only thing in the forest.

2. Jayn

[​IMG]

• ||★-OOC:@Lilbueno: Glad I can FINALLY POST. ...<3 -★||​

Oh, crap.” Klaire murmured suddenly, sitting up in her seat and stopping whatever thought process had been previously going on in her head. She reached down between her feet and rummaged around in the bag for her cellphone. With a soft groan, she flipped it open and scrolled down to Adam’s number, starting on a quick text.

Klad and I are on our way back. Based off of the information we gathered, we’re assuming it’s a Wendigo, something Lenny’s taught us about. You know, creepy cannibal thing? Really tall, really fast.” ​

With a quick glance at her Twin, who happened to be driving them back at the moment, she gazed back down at her phone and decided to send another text just in case.

Weaknesses include silver-tipped arrows, fire, and it can’t pass through Anasazi symbols. We’ll be there soon.” ​

She sighed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes, propping herself up further and gazing out of the window. “I think speeding may be appropriate in this situation…Just saying.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Time to start hunting," Adam grinned as he peeked inside the tent at Tatum. "You ready?" He asked her as he looked around his box. Finding it right at the "doorway" of the tent, he picked it up. "Come on, Tatum, no time to waste," he said. It wasn't an order, but just a statement. Unlike the two outside, Tatum hadn't pissed him off today. "Do me a favor and find Rouge, will ya?" He took his ammo and walked back toward his spot, leaving the tent. He saw Scott appearing from behind the tree, but before he could address him, his phone rang. Guess I have decent signal after all, he thought as he looked at the screen. Seeing Klaire's name, he immediately answered it.

Adam hung up the phone, muttering to himself. "Wendigo?" He knew Lenny had taken the twins hunting for one last year, but he had never encountered any. He didn't have any silver, nor arrows to shoot, but he did have fire...but no Demon Blood to make a sufficient flame to kill something. "Guess we just have to cut off its head. That never fails," he decided as he looked at Scott's sword. "Alright, everyone ready? Turns out we're dealing with a Wendigo," He told them.

4. Arch Mana Knight

"Seems simple enough." Scott said, wishing to put an end to things as quickly as possible. He placed his left hand on the handle of his sword, glad he had brought it along. "I'm the only one around with a useful weapon." If it had been the first time facing against a Wendingo, he would have sounded more confident about it but he remembered the last time he came face-to-face with one. It proved to be more trouble than he thought. 'Maybe if I held it still for a bit...' He glanced over at Luce, her being the only one who was even close to being as physically capable as he was. If push came to shove, he would let her lob the head off the demon with his sword. "I think I can get a good grip on it for awhile to hold it still. That thing won't just stand around and let me chop its head off." Scott's eyes directed back towards Adam as he thought of how to elaborate his simple plan in his head.

5. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce kept her eyes glued to the darkness, searching for the Wendigo. She didn't like them one bit. But she didn't like any of the things they hunted. She lightly touched her right pistol, one of those bullets was silver. She knew it was, but which one was still a mystery. She let the boys plan out their stratagy. She wished she had some demon blood in her system or more than what she was running on so her powers would be more effective. Small tasks, that was the best she could do with this amount. Luce nearly missed Scott's glance, she could use a sword, Lenny had taught her, but she almost doubted if she'd have to used it. They'd manage, wouldn't they? Luce gave a short nod to no one in particular and closed her eyes to the darkness. Letting the sounds of the forest sink in.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Alright, so the plan is..." Adam began as he made sure all his firearms were loaded, "We leave Scott somewhere. He should be close, but far enough so the Wendigo picks him as his target. Hopefully, he'd be strong enough to handle himself without his sword." He looked at Scott and then Luce. "You get his oversized hunting knife. Scott, all you have to do is lure it and live. Actually, you don't even have to live, just lure it so the rest of us can kill it," Adam was half-joking, knowing that each mission could be the last for any of them. "Bring a gun though, just in case. If you can keep it still long enough for its head to get chopped off, great, but that seems unlikely." Adam couldn't think of a set plan for something like this. He couldn't make enough fire to incinerate the creature. "If anyone thinks of a good plan, let's hear it. Until then, Scott keeps it preoccupied and the rest of us send bullets its way. If anybody else can get close to it and use their powers," he was referring to the death touches of a few of the Acolytes and his own burning abilities, "do it. Once Luce can get close enough," he looked at her, "take its head off."

Rouge's head erupted in pain. Her vision blurred as the sight of everything disappeared, only to turn into a new scenery. She could see a vague figure standing under a tree. The figure had a gun, but it did him no good when long, gray hands instantly reached down from the tree, grabbed his head and pulled him up into the trees. The gun fell as the sound of a bone snapping filled her vision.

7. Arch Mana Knight

Scott slowed down his pace, holding out his sword towards Luce. "You go in first. I don't trust the others to shoot with me near that thing. I think I'd prefer getting accidentally cut rather than shot." He stated as he kept moving. He grinned at Adam's morbid joke, it wasn't exactly the best humor but it was still humor nonetheless. "I'll try not to die and you guys try not to kill me by accident, alright?"

OOC: Shorter post than I imagined. @-@

8. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce took hold of Scott's sword, "Scott...I..." Luce shook herself and flexed her fingers, "Without much demon blood, I don't think my deathtouch could do much." She hoped no one would die this night. Azazel was waiting for them, she was about half sure of that. Night was falling, she could feel the cold of Minnesota's winds through her jacket and jeans, "I hate things with fur." she mumbled to herself. Luce wished she could apologize, but that wasn't her nature, nor did she even know how. She waited, a plan was set, now she'd wait for her chance to show Scott she wasn't afraid of things that growled and slaughtered humans.

9. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]

Klad's right cheek twitched upwards in a half grin. Full of charm that came out without conscious thought. His foot was already pressing down on the gas. "He sure got us with this one, huh?" The question was more to know one but he didn't mind his sister's opinion on the matter. "This demon might be working for someone, and that might be what the Lenster sent us here for." At least that was one of the possibilities floating around his head and it made him worry..

His eyes scanned the forest skyline, where the fading sunlight turned into treetops. He then brought his gaze to his sister and pushed the pedal to the metal even more. Tires pushing themselves as they traveled the long stretch of road back to the encampment.

10. Jayn

[​IMG]

• ||★- N|A-★||​

Anything is possible.

As soon as Klad stopped the car, Klaire was unlocking the doors and climbing out herself with a soft yawn. She knew they didn’t have much time to get to the others and she was hoping that they wouldn’t interrupt the plan. After pulling herself from the car, she went around to Klad’s side and instinctively grabbed his wrist, closing the door for him to express her urgency before pulling him along down the path and towards the others into the maze of trees. Truth be told, had she been alone, this all would have probably frightened her, but knowing that Klad was there and that the others were nearby, she felt a lot more secure about things.

After thinking a bit longer about things, she started to slow down, knowing they were close and making sure she was quiet enough not to draw any attention to herself.

11. Aura Goddess

Rouge inhaled deeply as she listened to everything Adam and the others were saying. She normally wasn't good at making plans, but the ones they had come up with seemed better than anything she probably would have thought of. She averted her gaze, but suddenly felt a sudden pain on her head. Rouge cringed, however soon winced rather loudly from the pain growing worse. She took a step back as she grasped her head with both hands, groaning. "What the..." She dropped down on her knees, keeping her head down as her vision blurred to only see something else. When seeing someone holding a gun, she assumed it was one of them in the group. Her eyes grew wide when she suddenly saw the figure be pulled up into the tree he stood under. Her arms twitched slightly when she heard the bones cracking.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Adam grinned back at Scott as he rested his shotgun on his right shoulder. "No promises," he joked as followed behind them. He put his left hand on Luce's back, slightly patting it. "Don't worry about it. Even if all you can do is slow it down, go for it. Otherwise, shoot to kill, er, cut to kill in your case," He said, correcting himself in the end. After a few minutes, he figured they were far enough, especially when he saw claw marks on a trunk, half-hidden by a fallen branch. "Alright, Scott," he addressed him as he took his eyes off the trunk, "You're on your own from here on out. Seriously, try not to die." He gestured with his left hand, telling Scott to head farther in.

Adam then turned around and noticed Rouge's face. It was a face all of them were familiar with: the severing pain of a premonition. "Rouge..are you alright?" he asked, worriedly as he approached her. What could she have seen here of all places?

13. Arch Mana Knight

"Just aim for the neck and hack away. As long as it isn't mine." Scott directed towards Luce, curious as to why she had paused with her words to begin with. He didn't get much more time to speak as Adam had essentially told him to head off on his own and not die. A daunting task indeed. He nodded slightly at the group's "leader" and stuffed his hands in his pockets, letting out a small whistle as he continued forth by himself. 'How will I entertain myself if it doesn't show?' Scott absent-mindedly asked himself as he slowly headed deeper into the forest, doing his best to look as helpless as possible. Being alone and seemingly unarmed was the best he could do though, so all he could add to his character was the air of ignorance.

Once he had distanced himself far enough from the others Scott further slowed his pace. "Good thing nobody's around. It's just me, myself, and I. In the dark. Defenseless. Hoping some scary thing doesn't come out and eat me." He almost laughed at his own words, a part of him had hoped that it would entice the demon to show itself immediately but at the rate things were going he wouldn't be surprised if it decided to ignore him because of his stupid comment.

14. Aura Goddess

Rouge winced one more time, slowly beginning to feel the pain subsiding. Her eyes fluttered as her chest heaved, soon hearing Adam's voice ring in her ears. She slowly rose her head and looked around, wincing once more before the pain completely disappeared. "I saw..." she paused for a moment, trying to remember the vision she had seen. "I saw someone, I didn't know who it was but they had a gun." Her eyes fluttered once more as her vision finally began clearing itself. Once she could see clearly, she turned her attention towards Adam. "They were standing under a tree when suddenly, these hands came down from the tree and picked up the person. The person disappeared from my sight, but I then heard bones snapping."

15. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce flinched at Rouge's description of her vision. "Someone should keep an eye on Scott." Her grip tightened on his sword, she'd hate to carry the thing around for the rest of her life cause it's rightful owner was dead. "The only solution I see to that is, don't stand under trees. Alter fate." She touched her stomach scar and frowned at the direction Scott had gone, "Still think we'll be alright?" her cold voice snapped visciously with sarcasm and her gray eyes flashed in the dark, "Anything grabs me I swear someone's going to loose a finger."

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Hopefully the Wendigo," Adam said quickly at Luce as he took off in the direction of Scott. "Let's go!" He yelled back as he held up his shotgun. He tried to yell after Scott to warn him not to stand under a tree, but all that came out was "Scott! No trees!" As he saw Scott in the distance, he realized that they were surrounded by trees and it would be hard not to stand under one. Adam waved one arm in the air as the other held his shotgun as he jumped over a root, "Move!"

The Wendigo looked down from the branch it had been hiding on. Only one person? Well, a fifth was better than the four it had stored. It enjoyed grabbing its meals one by one anyway, but it was funner to pick them off from a crowd. It looked at the top of Scott's head as it flexed its long fingers. It'll just have to grab the others later. This may be the best feast it has ever had. It slowly moved down before reaching down with both hands as quick as lightning to grab Scott's head.

The moment Adam saw leaves rustle above Scott, he cocked and raised his gun. "DUCK AND SHOOT!" It was a combined order for Scott and the other Acolytes as he pulled the trigger, causing him to slow down for a second. The shotgun shell blasted towards the leaves over Scott, just as he saw two long gray arms appear.

17. Arch Mana Knight

The only thing Scott had heard was the sound of the rustling above him. Even the sound of Adam's gunshot was drowned out by the noise coming from the singular direction above him. It felt like things were moving in slow motion, Scott wasn't sure what he saw first, the arms or the shotgun shell. When did it get above me!? He snapped his head back just as the arms reached out for him. Scott didn't care whether or not Adam's shell hit the demon, he wanted the thing in plain sight otherwise they would all be left aiming for the trees. He held his ground as he reached his own arms towards the demon's and grasped them tightly as he began to pull on the gray limbs with all the strength he could muster. "Get down here you freak!" He growled as he yanked on the Wendingo's arms. 'And stay still!'

18. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce forced the inner girl in her not to scream and pulled out one of her pistols. "Son of a b*tch!" She shot at it, aiming slightly higher to avoid hitting Scott as he pulled it down. She flicked Scott's sword out, holding it in her left hand? That wasn't right. She swapped hands with her gun and the sword. 'Don't be an idiot, Scott.' she cried in her head. Luce ran along side Adam, keeping pace with him. Also keeping the inner ice queen down to refrain from disbanding and relishing in the horror.

19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The Wendigo shrieked as Adam's shotgun shells hit it, sending a splatter of blood down. Before it could react to them, it was pulled down by its arms. Who could this be? Who was strong enough to pull it down? And how did they know where it was? As it hit the ground, it let out a loud growl and put its large hand on Scott's chest. It's long fingers reached both his shoulders. It pushed him back with all its strength, sending him flying into a tree. Before anything else could happen, it was shot again. Another shriek escaped its mouth as it turned around and ran through the trees, quickly as lightning. It was a seven foot tall gray blur, except for the spots of red.

"Scott?" Adam ran to Scott to make sure he was alright. "You good?" He stepped over a trail of blood the Wendigo had left behind. "You get shot? Broken bones?"

20. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce stopped at the trail of blood and examined it, "Looks like we hit it hard. Too bad it wasn't enough to slow it down." She hesitated and replayed the few seconds in her head, tapping her pistol against her leg and pushing the sword into the ground, leaning on it, "Did that thing seem...smarter than it looked to anyone else?" She met everyone's eyes briefly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.