Supernatural: Acolytes of Azazel.

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    Carson spoke to avoid awkward silence.
    '.....So what are your abilities?..Can you help me understand What the Hell is going on?"
    He asked shyly,Scott seemed quite,making have a Badass sort of vibe.Carson was sort of attracted to this vibe.
    Lenny was nice,but he seemed as though he had his own intention behind helping us out.Scott didn't feel genuine either,just less worse.​

>:L

2. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce's eyes snapped open and she stared at Lenny with a blank gaze. "Eight years...I lived eight years with a man who hated my guts. Wh-what do I do...how am I supposed to act? Mom...my father... Lenny...do...do you love me?" Luce's pale face warmed and her hands feebly clutched at Lenny's shirt. "Please..." she whispered, "I want my father's words to mean nothing to me. I need you to love me."

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Adam was licking his lips as he unwrapped his burger. It's been a while since he had chicken, but now it was time for some good old beef. As he bit into the burger, he looked at his passenger and started to choke from laughter. "Ackha!" It took a few seconds of beating on his chest and coughing until he swallowed. "You're..." he panted, "You're drooling!"

"Do I what?" Lenny was taken aback from the question. I guess I should have expected something like that from her, he thought as he squeezed her shoulder. "Of course I do, Loos. You know that. I love all of you guys."

"Excuse me for a moment," the man asked of Nova as a catchy tune played through the backseat of his car. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a cell phone. "Business. You understand," he told his 'partner,' before answering the phone. "Understood. You know what to do." He hung up the phone without so much as a 'bye,' and smiled. "Tell me, Nova. Are you...hungry? I know of a place with a spectacular burger," he asked, a smile taking form.

4. Arch Mana Knight

Scott looked over at the house for a moment without saying anything. He stared at it for a moment and, then satisfied no one would see, demonstrated his primary power by punching the nearest tree. His fist came clean through the other side with a snap. With little effort Scott pulled his fist back, ignoring the scratches on it. "I've got telekinesis too but it seems doing things like that is my own trademark." He took in a deep breath. "It's a long story best summarized as, people like us stick together and we don't die as quickly. Oh and everyone else would rip apart Azazel, the demon Lenny mentioned a good while back, in an instant. Classic revenge story, huh?"

5. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce buried her face in Lenny's shirt. She was thankful no one called her Lucille or Lucy anymore. "I'm such an idiot.... I let my father's resentment fuel my actions. I'm...going to end up just like Azazel....aren't I? I'm already half way there.. Turning into a complete monster is my next step. I might as well dye my hair black and change my name to some f*cked up bibical crap that means Hell on Earth." Letting go of Lenny she stood and wobbled. Her boots didn't have heels but the ground felt like it was wavering underneath her. "We should get something to eat...I'm sure Scott and the others are hungry too. I...I've cause us enough trouble." She retraced her actions toward Alexis and scowled, "I owe her an apology...don't I...again...just like I owe Scott several apologies. The day he comes to collect on those, I'm outta town." Luce attempted a half-hearted smile. Lifting one corner of her mouth.

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

Nova smirked, which then rapidly changed into a short, but genuine, laugh.
    "Sure," he said, now grinning, "I could use the meat."
    Inwardly, he was almost positive he knew what was really being suggested. There was no way his master was going just for food; they'd find something there.
    Or someone.

7. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Alexis's hands instinctively and reflexively shot up to her mouth, her eyes wide open...
    Oh my god... she had actually drooled ever so slightly...
    and for the first time in her life... she blushed. She felt embarrassment. Like... Holy shit she didn't know how to deal with it. What should she do? How was she meant to react? Suddenly, her manner was a lot more girly than ever before too as she sheepishly looked away and mumbled... "Shutup..."
    After she made sure there was no drool, she suddenly whipped her head around and exploded from her embarrassment. "Give me a break! I've never eaten anything like this before... and..." but her explosion didn't last as she seemed to start mumbling again, he cheeks flushed red still.
    ...Just shut up." and she started chewing on her food again for something to distract her, turning her head to the side and trying to avoid making eye contact with the guy who had just made her feel like a fool.
    It wasn't mean the way she said it, she was just embarrassed. ...but.. something was also nice about this feeling, it was different from only the cold emotions she had known so far, this felt more... warm. Although she was trying not to show it so much, and definitely failing.
    It was safe to say that maybe, just maybe, Adam had just seen a side to Alexis that no one ever had before, well, maybe it was part of her true side that she had never had the chance to show.

8. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

"Yeah,Like the movies with explosions." He nodded with half smile.
    He walked over to the tree he had hit.He put his somewhat smaller hand through the hole.
    "Pretty awesome power.I could make a dent,but not anything big." He said,his smile fading back into his ever lasting stare of nothingness.He turned around and walked away from the tree.
    His face suddenly changed as he looked back at Scott.
    "Why is everyone else so crazy?How can you live with them?..."
    He was silent for a minute.
    "Also,You should probably burn the tree or something.People might get suspicious when there is a tree with a perfect hole the size of a human hand.Of course burning a tree isn't exactly not suspicious either. Rip it out of the ground and act like a person who cuts down trees,What are they called?"

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Finishing his burger after a few more chuckles, Adam laid the box on his lap. He took a few sips from his drink and then let it rest in his cupholder. "So, Alice," he began as he started his car. "What's your...deal? Look, we all have problems with each other: Scott's arrogant, Luce's crazy, one of our...previous Acolytes -may she rest in peace- was a wimp, Lenny's hard to understand, and me? I'm an ass. We've made our peace with that, though we still argue and take shots at each other, sometimes literally. The important thing is we're hunters. We're a team. We're made to work together. We do everything Lenny tells us to do because he's been through this, he knows the most about the world out there that most people don't even know really is out there." He paused for a second, letting it sink in. Even though he was talking over the sound of his engine, he didn't unpark the car. "Don't get me wrong. It wasn't always like that. I guess we can't blame you for being skeptic about everything and even us. We all thought we could do things our way at first. And you know what happened? We lost four Acolytes. Killed by things that go bump in the dark because we didn't listen to Lenny about the correct way to bump back, because we thought we didn't need the rest of the team to bump back, because some of us," he sighed, "some of us thought our bumps were stronger than they realy are. And over time, we lost two brothers and two sisters."

Lenny held on tight to Luce for a moment, relieved that she seem to be coming to her senses. "Luce, keep your hair. I like silver. But for that other part? Do it. Become Hell on Earth. But aim all of your fire to Azazel, and listen to me," He paused to look into her eyes, "Do it with us. Me, Scott, Mulligan, and now Alexis and Carson." He started their vehicle and started to drive. "Keep in mind, Loos, Alexis is completely new to this. She has no reason to trust us and she doesn't see any reason to need us. Where she's from? She was the baddest. Hell, people considered her some kind of legend. It's going to take time to get used to two new Acolytes, but let's not make it harder than it really is, alright?"

"Just the answer I wanted to hear," replied the man as he look to the front. His eyes met the driver's, through the rearview mirror, and he nodded. "You know what to do," he ordered as the car made a sharp turn.

10. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce groaned, "You sound like you're bragging about her. I don't care if she was the baddest where she came from. This isn't where she came from. Just like I was just some freaky, broken plaything to all men where I came from. I'm not letting another man touch me like that ever again. This is my town now...our town. A place that I can be who I am...and show my face at resturants without people snickering and making accusations."

11. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Alexis regained her composure and sipped from her drink before sighing and answering, being surprisingly honest (and ignoring the fact he got her name wrong... again). Normally, she wouldn't have shared anything from behind her cold, imaginary wall, but she could tell that Adam wouldn't just let sleeping dogs go to rest. So, she figured part of the brutal truth was better than nothing, and... Mulligan was the first person she'd ever really... well... he was different. No that wasn't right... he was... despite having aimed a gun at her once, he had somehow impossibly gained a sliver of trust. Maybe...

"...I've been alone on the streets since the age of four, Mulligan." she told him, staring into his eyes. "I've always been alone, only able to rely on myself and these strange powers that I've only just learnt are the reason my Mum died and are what got me into that situation in the first place."
    She took another long sip, and finished her drink before she continued. "...I had to be untouchable... that's the only way I could survive. I was self-reliant for fourteen years. I was just a child... or was I? I didn't even get to be one I guess. You have to understand, I'm not used to being around anyone at all. Anyone who ever tried to get close either tried to hurt, kill or do whatever to me. As I said... it's a good thing I was untouchable..
    This is the most I've probably spoken to anyone ever in a proper conversation since I was ditched and left to fend for myself. Heck... even before... when my aunt took in freaky little me as a toddler, her motto was 'Little freaks shouldn't be seen or heard'. I've literally had no one. I'm not used to..."
    she struggled to find the word to express herself. "This." she gestured to him and herself eventually.
    She didn't let any emotion show on her face, cause she didn't feel anything about it. No sadness, anger, bitterness or anything. It was just empty.
    "Look, I'm not stupid. I know you guys know what you're doing more than I do. I'm new to this. I was going to listen to you anyway... I just...
    Since I've been on my own so long, I find it hard to suddenly be expected to put my trust in others, more like it's impossible for me. I don't like being ordered to do stuff... and that is because I've only ever been able to trust my own head."
    she finished and finally broke her eye contact, staring at her reflection in the wing mirror.
    "...I can't just change in... what? It's really been less than a day right?" she sighed once more, feeling uncomfortable. She really felt odd talking like this.. maybe she was releasing stuff that had been held in too long, but this felt foreign, she didn't like sharing. This wasn't like her at all.
    "I'm sure everyone has their own issues and scars, and well you just heard some of mine... I'm sorry that you've lost people, but I'm not even sure what it feels like to lose someone or something when I've pretty much had nothing for the whole of my life. I don't even have a surname... I've got nothing. Nothing at all." After all... she had been too young to remember her parents. So she wasn't sure if that sense of loss even counted.
    She stopped herself from saying any more. She really didn't want to. This had taken such an effort just to say this much, and she was making the effort because deep down, she knew that somewhere inside herself, she did want this chance to change her life and this was probably the only place, and these were probably the only people in which she would be able to belong among. Although, inside her she also still felt the urge to run away from all of this and go back to just relying on herself. Relying on herself was good. It was what she knew and she felt safe cause she knew who she was and nobody else did. Nobody else had to...
    Well... Now Adam knew a little.
    ...Where... where will this take me?

12. Arch Mana Knight

Scott crossed his arms, staring at the tree he had left a hole in. He would have gotten mad at the suggestion to burn or move the tree, as Scott didn't have the power for the first nor the interest for the second...but it did make a little sense for someone to get suspicious about the damage he did to it. "I'm sure nobody will guess it's me who did that to a tree. How many people in the world could do that with their bare hands anyways?" He turned to face the house, checking to make sure nothing had happened yet. 'This is getting me anxious.' He sighed out and lowered his arms to his sides. "Everyone's just got their own issues. It really isn't that bad when you're settled in. Though Luce seems to be the most...er...angry..." He scratched the back of his head and looked off to the side. "Well, I try...though I guess things do get a little weird between us. Anyways, we should just get back to staring at that house."

13. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

Carson walked near the old house and over to a Large Maple Tree that was damp for some reason.He sat down under it and tryed to look like a regular [Insert Age] year old.He was kinda disappointed,was this all he was to do for the day?Stare at a house?Now that he thought of it,Why was he even here? "Why are we staring at this old house?" He thought out loud,without realizing it.
    He then thought of something. "You guys might wanna to register me for acting classes.Because I probably can't keep a straight face in an over sized Tuxedo.And I might slip up and say something about what we do. " He said in a sort of Serious Hysterical way.​

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Mulligan was listening, nodding and throwing in an "Mhm" at certain points. As Alexis talked, Mulligan stopped at a red light. That's when it hit him. What the? He looked around. Where was it coming from? Without giving Alexis' childhood any acknowledgement, he annoyingly asked, "Do you smell that?"

Lenny said nothing. He only smiled. Luce was sane again. Well, sane for Luce. He pulled a corner a little bit too quickly and slowed down. His eyes blinked twice in rapid succession. While this seem like no physical clue to anything special, it was. He started to focus more energy into his own demonic abilities. Regular doses of Demon Blood does the trick, but he still didn't want to get rusty so he made sure to regularly use the abilities he could easily control to keep them sharp. So instead of simply calling Adam or Scott to find them, he decided to use his "sixth sense" to zone in on the paranormal, in this case, his Acolytes. Maybe he was lucky, he'd even get a signal off of the Demon-Killing Knife. Though he doubted it because, for whatever reason, he never could sense those things. It just added to the myst-"Goddamn it! No, not here, not now!" Without warning, he pressed the gas hard. "Luce, call Scott. NOW!!"

15. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce tilted her head and pulled out her cell. She hoped Scott didnt see her number and hang up. By the tone of Lenny's voice, she couldn't afford Scott to hang up and continue some petty stand-off fight they were having. Scrolling quickly down to her most hated numbers and pressed call on Scott's number. She even disliked the awkward feeling she got when staring at the number. One ring. Luce prayed he would quit the nonsense and pick up. Two ring. Luce turned back to Lenny, "What's the matter? What's happening? Scott's not going to go for just you telling me to call him for something I don't for." She needed Lenny to answer before Scott picked up.

16. Arch Mana Knight

"Stop messing around already, Carson. We don't need to make a scene here." Scott growled and perked an eyebrow, stuffing his hand into his pocket the moment he heard a familiar buzz of his phone. He looked at the cell and stared at the number onscreen. 'Luce? What would she want?' He answered the phone. "Hey, what's up? ...You weren't getting lonely were you?" It wasn't even a joke he made, Scott was genuinely wondering. Though the question was pretty stupid. 'Why would she call for that? She wouldn't-' Scott coughed and spoke again. "Er...something up?"

17. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Alexis wasn't that sure if he had truly been listening or not, but she decided it was up to him. Something seemed amiss from the way he was acting, and at his question, she nearly sniffed the air herself to make sure she didn't smell anything... Which she didn't. It would have seemed odd, but heck, she was facing the unknown, so she figured his question was probably genuine... but despite the fact that she couldn't smell anything... her enhanced reflexes and instincts were itching like mad as if they were screaming out to her.
    "No..." she answered his question. Her throat felt dry for some reason. It wasn't the act of talking more than she was used too... her body was nervous, it was telling her to prepare. She knew to trust her instincts, they had never failed her before, they were highly refined from the brutality she had faced on the streets and she had learned to never doubt them. She somehow deep down had the feeling that Luce was probably the same in this regard in her own way, but she pushed thoughts of the girl out of her mind as she looked at Adam, her eyes expressing what she wanted to say... 'that something was amiss... something was coming? or... was going to happen?'
    "Now what?"
    He was meant to be an expert of sorts here... it was logical to ask him. It's not that she was trusting him with her life quite yet as she had made clear before, but she wasn't stupid and knew that he was probably their best chance if something did happen.
    And it probably would.
    His knowledge and experience would be invaluable, and she was going to have to learn to work with her new 'siblings' anyway... She was along for this ride for the long haul.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Lenny took a turn a bit harder than he should have and hoped no cops would try to pull him over. Otherwise...there'd be a huge scene. "Scott!!" He yelled into Luce's phone as he drove, "Alexis and Adam, they're north of you, about 5 miles. DRIVE TO THEM NOW!" Unfortunately, Luce and Lenny had drove to the opposite direction as Mulligan so he was farther than Scott and Carson. "Demons, horrible ones are closing on them! Call him, warn him, and all of you DRIVE OUT OF TOWN!!"

"What...is it?" Adam checked his rearview mirror and then he saw it. A black car was behind them. It wasn't the suspicious, unmarked, tinted-windows kind of black car you saw in movies and you automatically knew the good guys were being followed. Au contraire, it was a Charger with clear windows. Adam could clearly see the driver, but there was too much distance for him to try to recognize him. There were others in the car as well, he could see their figures. But the smell was coming from them. No...it's not really a smell, he thought as he swerved, almost hitting a biker, but he couldn't think of how else to describe it. "It's the same...the same with that Samael guy...they're Demons," he growled the last word.

As they drove, the man's phone vibrated. "Ah, these texts are such helpful things," he mused as he flipped his phone open. "Hm," he looked at the screen and smiled. "Looks like they found the Acolytes." Without replying, he closed his phone. "They should be straight ahead. We'll see them soon," he told his driver. "Cut them off."

19. Arch Mana Knight

"Dammit. Bye, Luce." Scott hung up the phone after hearing what Lenny had to say, rushing over towards Carson to grab him by the arm and quickly drag him towards their car. He dialed Adam's number, pushing Carson in his seat without saying a word to him. "Answer already..." Scott hopped in the driver's seat and turned the car, peeling out of the road to head North. "I'll explain in a sec, Carson. Just hold tight." 'It's so far but I think I can feel it too...' Scott floored it as he headed in Adam and Alexis's direction. 'Are these things really that bad? We've been able to handle them so far dammit!'

20. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Alexis didn't let any emotion escape from her face. She turned in her seat to look behind them at the car that was approaching. Demons?
    "Oh?" she muttered simply. Not afraid, but not excited to see any of course. This was her first time to encounter any as far as she was aware since the fated day Azazel had changed her life forever.
    She turned back around to look forward and closed her eyes calmly, deep in thought. Focusing on her inner feelings, her instincts, anything that she could muster to give her a clue, a hint, a chance of survival, ...for the both of them. These methods had gotten her this far, and she would continue on as she had as always.
    "I've got a bad feeling... There's something else coming. Not just these guys..." she mumbled flicking her head back to gesture behind her, and aid in clearing some of the hair from in front of her face.
    Her eyes flashed open and her head whipped round to look at Adam. "Somehow... I don't think we're going to escape. We'll have to fight." she concluded... It's not like she understood how she knew this, but again... she had learnt to never doubt herself or her gut feelings. She couldn't afford to take any chances by letting doubt cloud her mind. She was sure that they were in more danger than was realised.
    She looked down at her lap and focused her thoughts further, making up her mind... "Mulligan. Out of the weapons that you showed me before, and any I've seen since... which do you want?" she asked him, plain and simply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.