Supernatural: Acolytes of Azazel.

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Alexis again did as was told... she didn't like taking orders, she was not used to them.. but she did as was told anyway. She felt the knife that down the back of her pants just in case she needed to reach for it.
    She looked around studying everything, you always had to be aware of your surroundings when on the streets so this felt normal to her, but alas... "I don't see a thing Mulligan." she told him. "I mean, surely those things you said would be blatantly obvious and in plain view if there was anything around."
    She pondered for a few minutes and came up with her own conclusion, "From what I can gather from the little demon info I've heard from all of you so far, someone broke into the house and stole the Demon Killing Knife. If they were human, they wouldn't know what it was other than it looked valuable and since one of those knives can kill a demon in one hit, whether they were human or not then your demon friend would only need to be stabbed once as well.
    However we can also assume that since it seems nothing else was taken than the knife... the person who has it now knew exactly what it was they were looking for. That's my guess anyway."
    When she was finished she looked at the guys who were with her. "What? Only an idiot wouldn't be able to gather that much."
    It's not like she was trying to be harsh, she had admitted it was just a guess too. But she wasn't stupid.
    A gut feeling told her that there was something amiss... but she had no idea what it could be.

2. Arch Mana Knight

"Step aside." Scott told several of the EMTs that were by the ambulance. One man quickly asked him what his reasons were for getting through to the ambulance. When he was questioned Scott shot a straight glare at the man who spoke to him. "I didn't get my job at this age by being stupid. Move aside, I'm an insurance agent." That was easy enough to lie about. He didn't need a badge and there were very few people would readily know what an "insurance agent" could legally do in a situation like this. A cover like this had worked five times out of the six he had tried it before.

"I'm sorry but we can't let-"

"Unless you want to be cited and have all those lovely benefits your job gives you slip away, I suggest you get out of my way."

"But we have to get the bodies-"

"We'll settle it in court later." Scott pushed the man out of his way and stepped into the partially open back side of the ambulance, unzipping the all too familiar black body bag laid out. 'Well these aren't your typical mugging wounds.' Scott looked over at the EMT after zipping the bag back up. "Were similar wounds found on the other body?"

"Yes." The man said, speaking more compliantly this time around.

"Hm..." 'We're not dealing with some regular demon here. Then again...when are any of them normal?' He stepped out of the ambulance without another word, heading off to find the others.

OOC: In case anyone is wondering, EMT stands for Emergency Medical Technician. They're basically the people that drive the ambulance and get you inside it.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Well du-" Adam stopped himself and looked at Alexis. She had a point, but it was something he had figured out during Lenny's spiel, and Scott and Luce probably did, too. Hunting wasn't all fighting monsters, it was more detective work than he would have liked. Lenny once compared them to Batman: He's the world's greatest detective for a reason, Lenny said, the physical work is less than half of it. Adam never picked up a comic book in his life so he had no idea what Lenny meant. The point was that they had seen things like this a good number of times and it was usually easy to figure out something like "the culprit was specifically after a paranormal object. The culprit is paranormal." It was secondhand nature to them...but not to the new guys. "Yeah, good point," Adam said, in a slight mumble as he kept looking. There has to be something around here. He moved towards the house and noticed the white paint. There was a part near the bottom that was chipped. He could see scratches around it. A symbol? He quickly walked over to it.

The man nodded and gestured the bartender over. He motioned for a drink and continued to watch the game. "So, young one, where is our knife? I assume all went well."

Lenny walked through the police tape, flashing his badge to the nearby policeman and pulling Luce along to show them she was with him. He walked in and looked around. The bodies were gone but police chalk had their last resting place marked. However, he could make out a feeling of Demonic presence nearby. His eyes quickly moved to a spatter of blood, several feet away from where the bodies' outlines were. It was definitely from somebody else. Samael... Lenny looked up to see two policeman nearing him. "Detective McIlrath," he said calmly as he flashed a badge and ID. "What's the news?"

4. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Alexis pondered longer. "If we assume that the culprit knew what the knife was... then they would have inside information. Are there other hunters?" she asked. "I mean... it's either that or Demons or something right? But what would a Demon want with the knife? I get it's powerful and it would probably be better for them to keep it out of reach from people like us, but at the same time... something doesn't feel righ-" but she was interrupted by Adam's sudden observation.
    She had missed it before entirely which surprised her.
    "What does this mean, forgive me but I left my bible in the trash can near where I used to sleep." she asked a little sarcastically. But it couldn't be helped, she was out of her element here in a lot of ways, and she hated being reliant on someone else for information, so it wasn't that she was trying to be rude... she was just uncomfortable and wanted it to be known she wanted the information.
    It also showed her distaste of religion and that she had never really cared for it. Whether there actually was a bible in the trash can she had mentioned before though was actually unknown.

5. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce kept a close eye on people and objects inside. Sticking close to Lenny, since she lacked a badge at the moment, she bent and sniffed at the floor. If the knife was here with Samael...someone has to know something. Obviously Lenny's not going to start spilling all his secrets to me.

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

Nova nodded in acknowledgement of the question, things had indeed gone well in his eyes.
    "Got the knife easily enough. The man who found it seemed to take offence to me killing his spouse and attacked, which was fun for a while." he commented with a sadistic chuckle, before continuing his report.
    "Somebody else came by the place though. Somebody who did put up a real fight, though only briefly. I think he was after the same thing I was, and he did get it eventually; though more than likely not in the way he had expected."
    The black-haired Nova seemed to linger on the last word slightly, as though remembering the strike he had felled the doubtlessly demonic collector fondly, vividly recounting the details in his head. The feeling of power as the blade had pierced the body, the thrill of taking a life, the fast pace of combat between two with skill, he loved them more than anything else.
    He quickly scanned the area around himself, checking that nobody was in earshot as he finished.
    "I had to leave his corpse there, so whoever sent him is going to know their errand-boy failed." he warned, though inwardly he hoped that this would mean another challenge for him to partake in.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Adam frowned. "It's scratches. Like...animal scratches." He knocked on the wall a few times and a Meow! was heard. "Probably a family of stray cats living underneath the house. In other words...nothing special." He kept looking around, an uneasy feeling falling on him. "But to answer your question: Yes. There are probably hundreds of hunters worldwide. The only reason we're special is because of this," he snapped his fingers nonchalantly, a spark of fire appearing and disappearing quickly. "And a Demon would love to get their hands on the knife because they're able to kill them and they're rare. It's one less knife they have to worry about getting stabbed with." He then got an idea. "Look around for sulfur. You know, gold powdery dirt."

The man nodded in understanding. "Samael.I knew I smelled his stench." He clicked his tongue in disgust. "No, he's more like me instead of you, dear Nova. Though he's much more like humans in personality. Filthy mutt. A thorn in my side he sure has been." He reached back and patted Nova on the back. "Congratulations on getting rid of him. That serves a purpose I could definitely use to my advantag-Oh, come on!" He watched in disapproval as one of the soccer players kicked the ball over the goal.

"The usual," Lenny suddenly said as he walked behind Luce. "No enemies, nothing strange happening, etc. They wanted to question you, since you're his intern and all," he told her, gesturing to the policemen, "But I told him your statement was already faxed to the precinct." He smiled at his lie. He looked around. Nothing was unusual. It looked exactly like a burglary gone wrong...except, it was too much like a burglary gone wrong. It was obviously staged to fool the officers. He closed his eyes for a second and relaxed. Then he sensed it. "Demons." It came out in a growl. "I sense sulfur around here."

8. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce felt a shudder run down her spin. "Dammit... Samael had the knife. I know he did. I'll kill them...this is my honor, and it's been stolen from me." her snarl was low, under her breath and yet chilly with sincere threat. Luce wandered around the chalk lines and towards the windows, sniffing and whispering, "Come out, come out wherever you are..."

9. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Alexis sighed as she walked back outside. It's not like they needed everyone inside after all.
    She looked around being careful not to be seen and draw attention to herself, as she was used to doing from her past experiences in life. She had been about to give up and head back inside when... she saw it from the corner of her eye. "Mulligan." she hissed, loud enough that he would hear her, but not loud enough that she would attract the attention of the nearby police.
    She poked her head through the door. "Is this stuff enough gold dirt for you?" she gestured to her findings.

10. Pinekaboo Chaser

Leaning further back on his chair, Nova simply decided to continue watching the game while it was still on. It wasn't often he got to watch these human sports that seemed so entertaining to so many, and so watching it now was a rare amusement.
    "He wasn't even that difficult. It was like he wasn't doing anything at all; hardly even any resistence. Kinda dissappointing, really." he commented, though he was hardly even listening to what he was saying anymore. He was far more interested in what was happening on the screen.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Lenny placed a hand on Luce's shoulder. "We'll do it," he corrected her. "Luce, as a hunter, we're raised to work alone. As an Acolyte, you have to remember that you're not alone and thinking that you are only leads you into Azazel's hands," he spoke as if from experience. He kept looking around for the sulfur he was sensing, but could not find any, but then his phone rang. A glance at the screen and he mouthed "Mulligan." He flipped it open and answered, "Hello?"

If at that moment, Adam would have to be a superhero, he would have been the Flash. The moment Alexis mentioned it, he was by her side. His voice dropped, almost to a growl, and he whispered, "It sure is." He reached in his pocket with one hand to pull out his phone and grabbed Alexis with the other. "Come on," he said as he held the 1 button, speed-dialing Lenny. "Carson, to the car," he commanded his other "new" brother. As the phone dialed and they walked, he noticed Scott. He motioned for Scott to come over just as Lenny answered the phone. "Lenny, we found sulfur," he said it loud enough for Scott to hear, but quiet enough so the EMTs couldn't. "Yeah, by the doorway in the back. Maybe the Demons wanted one less knife for us?" He said, trying to think of a reason why Demons would steal a Demon-Killing Knife.

"Meet at the cars," Lenny replied, not answering Adam as he hung up. "Come on, Luce," he told her as they walked past the officers at the scene. He gave one his card and told him to call if anything came up and moments later, they were outside.

As the game ended, the man at the bar looked at his watch. "I think it's time we take our leave. Soon, the real game begins," he smiled as he stood up. "Come, young one. My driver awaits." He walked towards the door, not giving anybody else a second thought...except for one man who was sitting alone at a table. The man was smiling and not-so-subtly starting at the blond man leaving. The departing blond man simply nodded an acknowledgment and walked out.

The man at the table watched the sharply-dressed blond and his partner leave with a smile on his face. On his table was a single glass, completely empty. He licked his lips and closed his eyes as he leaned back into his chair, crossing his arms and legs. He opened his mouth and recited to himself, "So it is written: 'the first Adam became a living being;' the last Adam, a life-giving spirit..." The man opened his eyes, revealing yellow eyes and grinned, "First Corinthians."

12. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Alexis never liked to be grabbed like that, she was used to not being touched, this felt abnormal and foreign. Under normal circumstances she would have broken the arm of whoever it was without hesitation, but these weren't normal anymore... well, nothing was normal with any of them, and the one who had grabbed her and was leading her back to the cars now was her new 'brother' so to speak. Mulligan.
    "...So what happens once we get back?" she asked him, trying to read his expression as he spoke into the phone.
    Having found the sulphur and confirming what Mulligan needed to know, she was curious about where it went from here.
    It was still slightly difficult to believe there was such a thing as demons and what not, but she kept telling herself that since she had powers, then of course demons and things were possible too. After all, if they weren't, then why would her powers be possible?
    Same for Mulligan and the others. This was the true reality now. ...Well, it always had been it seems, but now she herself was aware of it.
    ...So... she just had to go along with it, it was that simple.

13. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce's hands trembled as she watched Lenney leave. Her feet carried her after him, but her mind was rampaging. Fisting her hands, she felt her nails bite into her palms and warm blood trickle between her fingers. This is my right...if thinking I'm alone brings be closer to Azazel....then so be it. I'll kill that son-of-a-b!tch for what he did to me...and my mother... She could just imagine becoming just like Azazel...with a single touch she could kill any human in this room...in the world... Luce shook her head rapidly...and smacked into the door as it started to close. Colors swam in her vision for a moment as she stumbled towards the car. "Even...if I'm alone...I will destroy everything non-human on this earth... It's my right...as an orphan now..."

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Lenny and Luce were shortly outside, standing next to Adam's car as Adam's group and Scott approached them. "So...Demons," he muttered. He looked at Adam and scowled, for no significant reason. There was an aching at his head and he knew damn well what it meant. "They're still in town. Doing who-knows-what. Acolytes, we're making sure they don't leave town, got it?"
    Adam smiled. As much as he loved hunting things like Wendigos, hunting Demons was much better. Every Demon he killed was one less Demon between him and Azazel. "Guess I'll have to shower later, then. But, what about her?" He nodded his head towards Alexis. "It's a bit early to pit her against a Demon, isn't it?"
    "Alexis...needs to learn as soon as possible," Lenny sighed. "She'll help us track them down, BUT," he looked at her, "you're not killing anything yet. You'll do everything I say."

As they drove, the man hummed. They were sitting in the back of a black car, not too conspicuous. In the driver's and passenger's seat were two men in dark suits, both of which were looking through pitch black eyes. "Tell me, Nova. Are you excited to meet Azazel's chosen?" He knew Nova didn't know much about Azazel or his plans, save for the fact that the mysterious Demon had "children" that were raised to be hunters. The man looked out of his window when he sensed something and noticed another black car behind them: reinforcements.

15. Pinekaboo Chaser

"Excited isn't the word." he replied, a grin adorning his features again.
    "Before that Samael guy, I hadn't met anyone worth fighting in... how long again? I'm hoping I don't have to cut it too short this time, I could use a bit of fun for a change."
    Azazel... he knew they were in cahoots with the guy somehow, but still had no clue what he looked like, or where he'd be. Though, that would only really matter if he had to take him down, which frankly wasn't an issue. As long as he kept being useful, and he would, Novacaine would be perfectly fine how he was.
    "No detours this time, right?" he asked, hopeful. He really wanted to get right too it.

16. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Alexis felt a calm rage come over her which she hid.
    She spoke bitterly though as she moved close to Mulligan's face,whispering in his ear so Lenny wouldn't overhear. "Don't underestimate me Mulligan, or you'll find I shoot more than your car's tires in our next brawl."
    Then she backed away from him and turned her attention to Lenny. Whatever his reasons for being so strict, they meant nothing to her. "I take orders from no one." she glared at him. She didn't care what the other acolytes thought of her and her statement, she had survived so far following nobody's orders, but her own. Surely Lenny wasn't stupid enough to believe that she trusted them all already. There was no chance in hell. He must have realised how closed off from these guys she was.
    Of course... she had never killed before, so it's not like she particularly cared about killing anyway, and she was sure Lenny would know that much too. She just wanted to make it clear that she listened to no one. After all, why should she?

17. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce drew her pistol from her hip sheath and held it to Alexis' throat, she skillfully positioned it so no one else would see it who wasn't a companion of theirs. "You wanna say that again? And threaten Adam again and I'll give you another hole to breath out of. Lenny is more experienced in fighting demons and so are we. Nobody sends in a newbie to fight a demon on their first day. That's stupid. You sit back and be a good little girl, cause I've been itching to shoot something that breathes." Her words held more malice than normal since she was cheated out of her own knife. Her icy blue eyes were dark and her pupils dilated from the recent consumption of demon blood.

18. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

"Heh. Go on. Pull the trigger. We'll see what happens." She glared back at Luce with a small smirk, having already had a feeling that this would be coming the moment she had made her previous statement.
    "Let it be known, I only dodge when I have a need to." she paused, "Right now, against you, I don't need to." she slowly pressed a hand against Luce's gun and pushed it away from her throat before she turned away, now completely ignoring Luce and headed to the car completely un-phased from the experience. Tch... a waste of my time.

19. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Luce pulled her other pistol and squeezed the trigger without hesitation. The bullet grazing by Alexis' shoulder. "Don't touch my guns. And don't you dare think you know me from one day. Next time, I won't miss, I promise." She snarled silently, baring her teeth in an odd grin at Alexis. The demon blood went more to her head than anything else. It controlled her and only she and Lenny knew that. It compelled her to fight, to shed blood...to destroy.

20. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Alexis stopped as the bullet whizzed past her shoulder. "I told you, I only dodge when I need to. Don't make a promise you can't keep. You won't ever hit me... you're just a girl who is completely insecure and a waste of time."
    She then turned around to look at the girl who despised her so, giving her a completely bored and apathetic look. "I don't even want to know you. Why would I? I know better than to waste my time on a lost cause." she turned and headed to the car again. "Remember, I never had a problem with you in the first place. This is all on you in your twisted little mind."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.