Anime Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà Vu

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Plums, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

[​IMG]
    A sequel to one of the more popular anime of 2011 (and one of my personal favorite), Steins;Gate. It takes place one year after the conclusion of the anime, and follows Makise Kurisu as she must embark on a journey to save Okabe Rintarou.

Also worthy to note that the events of this movie do not happen in the game, and can therefore technically be considered non-canon. But it is a high enough quality that I accept it as canon.

I watched this yesterday and man. Maaaaaaaaaan. I was SO worried when Okabe started flashing back to when Mayuri had died the first time. I was half expecting him to actually stab Moeka and Mr. Braun, lol. Overall though, I thought the movie was really good. There isn't too much action to it (as there's no CERN concerns), but the focus on the relationship the characters had with Okabe was really nice to see, especially for Kirisu and her struggles of reconciling his wishes with her wants & her scientist oriented way of doing things with following her heart. THE ENDING WAS SO SWEET TOO THESE DORKS ARE SO CUTE.

Cinematography was, as expected from this show, very nice, and the OST and overall plot were solid. It makes me want to watch the show again lol (and makes me that much more excited for the VN dub than I already was). Overall, would definitely recommend watching. LONG LIVE SCIENCE TUESDAYS.