Steins;Gate

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Kubo, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

AniDB: Steins;Gate
    Official Website: Steins;Gate (Japanese)
    Genres: Sci-Fi, Thriller
    Description:
    Gonna watch first ep. it later today... heard it's good.

2. P Banned

Ah, this. I was unaware it had an anime.

It was originally a visual novel. IIRC, it's a sequel to Chaos;Head.

3. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Definitely on my to-watch list. It's been a while since I've seen a thriller so I hope this one is good.

Yea the story is set one year after the events of Chaos;Head.

4. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Haven't read the visual novel, but I've watched Chaos;Head. Though I didn't really see the similarities in the first episode between the two... maybe later on it will.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Well, it certainly sounds interesting. I'd never have thought of using a microwave for time travel... *ponders this*

6. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Well the only similarities between the series is that they're set in the same universe and the visual novels were made by 5pb and Nitroplus. They don't really have much in common besides that. Both focus on completely different themes. Steins;Gate is more of a spiritual successor instead of a true sequel.

7. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Ah ok... thanks for clearing that up. I'll follow the series anyways while it's airing, heard it has a pretty wicked ending.

8. Jayn

For whatever reason, Chaos;Head did not keep my attention at all. I watched maybe five or so episodes before I stopped. The main character simply annoyed me. Granted, I may have had too high of expectations for it.

So I cannot see myself watching this, though I am considering it. If it's really that detached from Chaos;Head, then I may give it a try. ​

9. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Same here, going to watch this as well, since I thought Choas;Head was quite alright. Not getting much hopes up though...like a few others I've seen lately >.<

10. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Might want to watch the first episode and see for yourself though, there's honestly no noticeable similarities between the two as Guardian mentioned. Other then Nitro+.

11. P Banned

Sadly, this was my general opinion of Chaos;Head as well. Whatever grievances you had with Taku in the anime, I guarantee that they're ten times worse in the VN, where you're actually having him narrate the story. He's not likeable OR a good detective.

12. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

I agree that Chaos;Head was Mad House at it's worse. I'm hoping this series isn't as disappointing.

13. Daxa~ #stalker

My friend was telling me about this,and she said its ok,worth watching but not the best :D

14. P Banned

Is the Steins;Gate VN translated? I heard something about it only being for the 360, so that probably lowers the chances of actually being able to play it, meaning I may watch the anime.

15. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

DOCTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Just watched the first episode and I liked it so far. I'm loving Rintaro's extreme hamminess. Makes him much more likable than Takumi from Chaos;Head

I haven't read the VN myself but I always assumed that Taku wasn't made to be likable in the first place but instead, one of the biggest losers that you can think of. I mean he has no social skills whatsoever, has fallen in love with a fictional character and imagines her as a real person, and he’s generally hopeless in everything he does except for playing video games. Plus his paranoia would have never made him a good detective in the first place.

It's available for both the PC and 360 but neither have been translated unfortunately.

16. P Banned

I really have to question the judgement of someone who makes the protagonist and the player's viewpoint into the world someone we're supposed to dislike.

It's not surprising Steins;Gate hasn't been translated. Apparently Chaos;Head got licensed by JAST, so the translation of it was halted. I doubt many other groups are interested in picking up something similar.

17. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

The translation was actually finished but it was taken down. It can still be found if you look around. The thing is that it's been almost two years since JAST made the announcement that they were going to localize the game and yet nothing had been released yet B|. Plus some groups have picked up other Nitroplus titles like Hanachirasu for example. So there still is hope for a translation.

18. P Banned

Yeah, I know. I've played Chaos;Head, and I've still got it here, but I ended up dropping it due to Taku irritating me so much.

The translation team left a bit untranslated, IIRC. Also, the text wraps poorly, and it doesn't have TIPS.

19. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Just finished watching Episode 2 and the more I watch this show, the more I love it. For the people who didn't like Chaos;Head, I think you'll like this one. The protagonist, although a little insane, is much more bearable than Takumi. Also...

[​IMG]

I couldn't(or maybe I didn't want to) believe it when I first saw this scene.

20. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Spoiler for Ep 12/13
    God damn how many times must Mayuri die? I dunno how much more my heart can take of this. ;__;
    But this series is definitely in a "shit just got real" stage atm though, loving every bit of it. Glad it's 24 episodes so hopefully it finishes well.

I've heard a team is working on it since the anime series is turning out to be so popular.