Chain of Memories Something I never Uderstood About Riku

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Naqki, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naqki Traverse Town Homebody

I've played every game available in the UK to date, yet only just now have I remembered, I never understood how Riku returned.

I know why he didn't make a nobody, because he didn't become a heartless, and his body was completely lost to Xehanorts heartless, so no body / soul, meaning it couldn't have sprung a nobody, fair enough. This means that after Dark Riku was defeated, his heart went to the realm of darkness. Well, this must've happened before Castle Oblivion, but being just a lost roaming heart in the realm of darkness, how did he get his body back? It never made any sense to me.

Somebody please explain.

2. Arch Mana Knight

Riku was always inside his body. Like during the scene in Hollow Bastion(sp?) where he stops "Ansem" from attacking his friends. After Xehanort's heartless was beaten, Riku was able to...err...come back. Of course he was in the realm of darkness but he never really left his body. "Ansem" was just the one in control until he was beaten then Riku regained his regular form right after.

3. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

Riku just surrendered to the Darkness. He never actually lost his body. Then, he was in the Realm of Darkness with King Mickey and they wandered around until they found, what I'm assuming, was The Door to Light and made their escape.

4. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

It was a weird thing. Riku's body was being "possessed" by Ansem's heartless. He never left, nor was there really anything to leave. Riku stops Ansem once, to save Kairi, and they battle after Sora locks him and King Mickey in the Realm of Darkness. At one point, he wins, but at the loss that his eyes are the same as Ansems's were. He was with King Mickey the entire time, since Mickey recounts the story later to
    the real ansem
    . They found the door to Castle Oblivion after that, at which point Riku gave into the darkness again. In the beginning to Kingdom Hearts II, it shows that Riku is in his Heartless "form", battling Ansem's Heartless with Soul Eater.

5. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Uh... Riku's Heart did leave his Body and Soul :\ after Kairi woke up and Riku stopped XH from hurting her, Donald and Goofy, XH pretty much kicked Riku's Heart out so he wouldn't interfere. The first FM confirms this when we see Riku - as only a Heart and maintaining his physical appearance - in the Realm of Darkness. Mickey then manages to contact him as his Heart's no longer buried in Darkness (which was no doubt why he contacted Sora and had him go through his Destati at the start of the game).

When Sora defeated XH, Riku's B+S returned to where they belonged - to where Riku's Heart is, which was on the other side of the DtD. Hence why Riku showed up there at the end - albeit with XH still lurking inside the B+S.

All of this was confirmed in interviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.