Should Posts Count?

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Jayn, Sep 4, 2011.

?

Should Posts Count?

1. Yes.

75.9%
  2. No.

18.1%
  3. Don't care.

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

The owner says yes!
    That means we MUST have it! XD

To be fair... people can say the same about the code section.
    I won't name the member, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.
    This one member spammed the code vault as you know, and didn't really visit any other section that much (and they reached premium too) I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this without me having to say it.

Anyway Luxord... You're a hard worker right? (I know you are, but it's a rhetorical question... XD) in terms of making codes and such you put a lot of effort into it, and you take pride in doing them etc right?
    The same goes for us RPers, we put a lot of thought into our posts (well... most of us.) I mean, saying that:

'Also for the people who don't go in there it isn't fair.'

I don't really go in the Code Vault and I never really post there if I'm honest. So it's the same thing lol

I 100% agree with everything Bueno said here.
    Listen to this man. He speaks sense. XD

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Well dude the code vault isn't really active. I have tried stuff but the most it is at this point is people joining, asking for codes and never coming back where as you have members to make a TON of conversation. One thing the code vault doesn't have any more. Plus someone can go into the code vault and understand things easily. Play as riku. Not that hard of a concept where as a role play makes zero sense to me. I mean you guys work hard and I respect that but it seems like easy posts.

3. Jayn

I think this varies from person to person. Codes don't make any sense to me (at all, ever), but RPing is like second nature. So I understand your personal preference. Role playing can be very simple and can give members 'easy' posts, which is why it's been rejected time and time again. However, the solution here is to equate role playing to creative writing.

Creative writing posts count on KHV. Okay, that's great, but not everyone is going to write something worthy of being equated to creative writing. Not everyone is going to put hours into a role play post. So, another solution is to separate those who are just posting to spam/for posts and those who are putting effort and time into their posts, who deserve it.

Not only is there moderation for spammers--in general, but there is also a report feature, and more than one role player. So if someone suspects another is posting random nonsense for post count, that's when staff steps in and deals with them--personally. But role players (and our members for the most part) are competent enough to know where the line will be drawn and to act accordingly after being spoken to/warned.

Everyone is welcomed to role play. Just like everyone is welcomed to do everything else on the forum. If someone needs help getting better or posting more, we have tutorials and workshops for that. Also, if it's not fair for people who don't venture into the role play arena (though they're perfectly open to), then it's also not fair for people who don't venture out of it to receive nothing at all, despite being an active member supposedly -equal- to all of the others, without even an opportunity to rewards for it.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

If the Code Vault isn't active, why is it there? In the Forum Families subsection, there's a poll about deleting the entire section altogether because it isn't active. There's about 8 semi-active to active threads in there.
    There are RPs that take a lot of research and work. Like, you wouldn't even believe how much. It's not easy posts. Britishism said he can take an hour to type up a post. Right now, I'm doing research for one RP. I've been working on this for about 5 days now.
    RPers, especially ones who RP frequently but don't visit the other sections of the forum, are giving the site a lot of traffic. And there reward for that is that their posts don't mean as much as a code to play as Riku.

With P's mod, the 'easy posts' won't count. The ones that do take a lot of effort to type will. If a member doesn't care whether or not their posts count, then there really isn't harm in their posts counting either.

5. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I whole-heartedly say yes to this. I've been wanting RP posts to count for a long time. I think P's mod should be the solution if we decide against having a "light" section where posts don't count.

With this, I think the pros outweigh the cons.

I believe that ĸyoĸo ѕαĸυrα ❀ is very capable of managing whatever this turns out to be. I've got faith in her.

6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Codes don't have to make sense. All people need to know is the final product. Like I could say this

11CFA3FE 00000065

Could change a character to sora. You wouldn't know that unless you SEE it. But that doesn't matter because you still know what the code does. Most people in the code vault just post requests. They don't actually know much about code.

Yeah as for people knowing the line between free posts and actual ones most of the time works. But from what I have seen people take advantage of the system. IE the introduction section.

Meh besides wanting more posts what is the point of this? I mean if it increases activity that would mostly be because of the fact that posts count. If that wasn't the case then nothing would change if this happens. But we will see what happens. Honestly people should post because they want to not because they can raise their post counts.

It takes hours to make a post but it takes months to years to make these code projects and yet we have a sucky section. When it comes to the quality of posts anyway.

I also feel as if this should be moved to somewhere outside of the RP section because it is mostly seen by people who would support it. It doesn't really seem fair to me.

7. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

It isn't that we're doing this because "o hey cn i b prem". It's because our posts are worth it. We type out paragraphs, we write, we take time for this. As I mentioned earlier, the RP Arena deserves post count more than plenty of sections, due to the sheer amount of writing we put into this. We put work into it, and it deserves post count.

So, no, it's not because we want posts. It's because we deserve posts.

8. Jayn

It is posted here because it is for the role players to decide on. It only affects the role players, (or rather directly affects), and it's for the role players. It is not a suggestion thread. It is to gauge how people who actually role play and frequent the role playing section feel before anything is changed. The same thing is happening for Forum Families for members input who actually use/visit that section feel before a decision is made. As that thread is posted in the Forum Families section, this one is posted in the RP Arena.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Again: because it is unfair for those RPers who do put a lot of work into their posts to not have their posts count towards something on the site they spend so much time on.
    If people were to post simply for the sake of posting, why not get rid of the post count altogether, including Premiumship?

Not the RPer's fault. Compare the amount of people who have an interest in coding with an interest in RPing. I would say more people have an interest in RPing. Supply and demand, economics 101.
    Think about it: This affects mostly the people who role play. Put it somewhere else and people like you can overwhelm the vote with "no" despite you guys not being affected at all. If you were to post a "Should The Code Vault Be Closed" Poll in RPing section, would that be fair?
    Two out of the four people who said no are avid RPers.
    The one person who doesn't care, I've never seen RP (though I think he wanted to join one once? Not sure).
    But I already asked staff to make an announcement to show people this poll is there and I'm allowed to advertise this poll in the Spam Zone.

10. Kayate King's Apprentice

I believe it would be great having posts count in the RP Section; As long as some form of way to make sure one liners or inadequate roleplay posts won't count.
    This will be a great edition, seeing how I've seen someone with around six posts, but always posting in the roleplay section.

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

If everyone's post count increases I would say that affects everyone.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Fixed .

13. Jayn

That's the same for everywhere posts count on this forum. That doesn't mean there aren't specific people who generally RP on the site above everything else/ generally spam in the spamzone above everything else, etc.

KHV is a community. But there are places that appeal to different members specifically. There are people who consider themselves Role Players and they deserve to have their voice heard for once instead of it being muffled and overpowered by people who don't even use the section. That's like the role players controlling what happens in some other section coders or spamzone just because they're the majority. Role players are not the majority when it comes to what happens on the forum in general, so this is a thread where they'll be heard, considering they are a minority on this site and very easily pushed to the back--of everything. I'd rather not change that.

This thread (as in the suggestion of posts counting) has been brought to the attention of the entire forum in the past. The actual role players were very easily disregarded as soon as everyone else stormed in with the same nonsense about how RPers spam and put no effort into their posts and all of that. If you are NOT passionate about role playing it is very, very hard to relate to someone who is and actually respect that enough to side with them. The main argument in the thread I linked to is content and getting posts for crap, which is being remedied by these suggestions.

And that was in 2007. |:

14. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Here it is

Anyhow, I like the idea with the mod. It means that posts who merit it would get it. Plus it appeals to the creative aspect, while not openly segregating Role-Plays. As long as the word number is fair enough, then the Role-Players won't get a massive boost, which sounds fair.

15. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

P~
    Times like these I really love you <3 You always find the best things for the forum.
    +1 support for the no easy post mod.

16. Arch Mana Knight

There you have it, folks.

To be brutally honest, one of the reasons I said "No" as well was because I've been RPing here longer than pretty much everyone who voted. I'd want a lot of old RPs to have posts count and it'd feel like a big smack in the face if all those years of effort were just shafted. It's like a big "f*ck you!" to me. I'm really glad a mod was mentioned because it really lessens the strain of that sort of thing and not just with me either I'm sure.

17. Llave Superless Moderator

My vote is no.

If you are going with a direction of making fun posts like RP count, then that's pretty much letting all break loose in spam to count too. (After all, they are pretty much the same thing: fun and games. Essentially..)

I do agree that RP is still more "educated and requires more thought and typing," but essentially the same.

I feel it wouldn't be fair to people who do not RP, like myself. If you want to do something like that, then some how give us another opportunity to get posts i suppose... Oh well...

18. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

YES. I've been part of this site for how long? I would have had SO many posts. It still pertains to KH a lot of the time anyways so I don't see why not.

It would attract new RPers and others to join the site as well.

19. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Yes but being attracted to a section to raise a post count isn't very good in my opinion.

I mean if you are going to post in it then do it because you like it not because of a number.

20. Arch Mana Knight

It isn't that simple. Even if people coming here only for posts try to get involved in RPing, they'd either have to join an RP or make one. Someone who doesn't care for RPing will almost always make an RP that will die. So they'd get the benefit of one or two posts at max. If they join an RP, they'd have to deal with well...RPing! If they don't like it, it'd be like going to a job you hate every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.