No Thanks RP counted posts

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by chula-claire, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sexy Sheva Banned

I actually disagree on this >:

i RP all the time because I enjoy it, and if they started counting posts, then the RP's would be overflowed with people only in it for the posts, which wouldn't be as much fun anymore ;_;

i would agree but i know they'll get post whored all the time, and it's something i rather enjoy and get in real depth with...

There's always the Creativity corner <3

2. Xioayugoth Destiny Islands Resident

Good point... There'd probably just be a ton of people spamming/messing up some of the RPs just to get posts...

3. Sexy Sheva Banned

And that would make the cuppycake sad D:

BUT

I don't see why not in the Extended section, for the more serious RP players... Those posts are TEN LINES LONG and they must be descriptive and such. It can only be based on something that could happen also

4. Repliku Chaser

RP posts don't count because RP is clearly done for enjoyment. There are some RPs that are surely done very well in which people write paragraphs etc, but there are others where players have much shorter posts etc. There are different preferences to RP and well, that is solely up to the game creators and the players. It would be kind of wrong for us to pick and choose which RPs deserve 'more credit' as far as post count goes because that's rather preferential treatment. So posts don't count on the whole and the section is just there so that people can enjoy an RP experience and have the option of some fun times.

Hope that explains why the posts do not count and won't in the RP section. Basically, the section exists not for the good of the board but instead for a fun option for members to have. So hopefully, you'll enjoy the RPs here as there are some really great ones. Posts don't count but you can post in other areas of the forums for that. Just make sure you read the rules for those sections.

5. The Joker Gummi Ship Junkie

Suggestions

Suggestions:

Have a member of the moment thing to help some members get known better. I'm not talking about something like the "Welcome to our newest member" thing. I'm talkign about something that does it randomly, and not just tp the newest member. Maybe put it on a page diffrent from the one with the newest member thing.

Have people who have the automatic job of welcoming people that way no one feels unwelcome.

Let posts in the RP zone count. I'm, pretty sure that this has been suggested before, but now that it has the rule that states: "there is now a 20-word minimum for all posts." I feel post should count.

The KH Section has a rule that states "6. Six words per post. (It's also the 6th rule, conveniently) This was introduced sometime ago, but has been enforced infrequently. If members are caught not posting six or more words, staff will most likely delete the post with a message. If you continue to do it a warning will be issued for spamming. Posts count here, so make the post worth it. On the same note, do not copy and paste from someone else's post and put less than 6 words in your own. Their post will not count as words you can type yourself."

Now, if you have to make 20 words in the Roleplaying Arena, and only six in the KH Section per post, shouldn't post count? You could say members break this 20 worde a post rule in the Roleplaying Areena, but members do it in the KH sections also, I think, and there posts still count. You could say you try to enforce this rule in the KH Section, but will every post be found? Also, if every post is found that is marked spam, why can't you do that for the Roleplaying Arena? You could say roleplaying is done for fun and therefore it shouldn't count, but Creativity Corner is sometimes done for fun, I think, and it still counts.

6. Juicy Chaser

You have a good point there, but think of the thousands upon thousands of posts in the RP section; you honestly think all of them should have gone towards your post count? True, the 20 word minimum has been introduced to encourage creativity but that doesnt mean people still wont spam in there.

The creativity corner can be sometimes just for fun, but posts are usually much longer than in the average RP post, so most feel the post count is worthy there.

Oh, and you should explain your "member of the moment" thing more clearly.

New members are encouraged to post a new arrivals thread and the majority of them get atleast one reply so I dont think new members feeling unwelcome is an issue.

7. The Joker Gummi Ship Junkie

I've seen the "member of the moment" thing done on another site. It could have a diffrent name here, to give it some originality if that becomes a issue.

This "member of the moment" thing was no more then a box that appeared on a page, had your username, join date, post count, and avatar on it. Above all this was "Member of the Moment" text. It also linked to your profile, I believe. Perhaps it could be added upon it a optionin the box to befriend the member or PM them, also? It helped members get to know each other better if they forgot to post a introductury thread or something, and perhaps gets them better known if there introduction thread was not widely seen and they stuck to only certain sections and barely/never went out of them. Might help people meet each other easier.

Does that clear up any confusion about it
    ?

8. Juicy Chaser

How would the member of the moment be chosen?

It couldnt be random, after all, there are hundreds of members who sign up but are never active.

9. The Joker Gummi Ship Junkie

Have a post requirment of a 100 post and make it a privilage? Perhaps lessen the post requirment I stated? Perhaps PM a staff member and they can add your name to a list for it? Make it members that have been active that month/week/day? That way if they sign up and decide to get inactive, there name will only be on there for a month/week/day? If they could make it where a name could only show up one time for you a day, then the inactive/active member could only show up that once to give everybody a fair chance?

10. Arch Mana Knight

I like the idea of posts counting in the RP section but then again...look at me. I'm one of the biggest RPers on this site. I'd easily get around 7000 extra posts or something. If there was a way to make RP posts count as...I dunno...1/20th of a post so every 20 counts as a post, then it'd probably be fair but I don't think it can be done. I dunno...Or Extended RP section posts should count. *Shrugs* It's not always fair to see people boost their post counts by spamming the crap out of threads when one of MY RP posts...well, you could tell I put more thought into two sentences than some people do when the post meaningless things in threads and become premium with those posts. >>;

The other ideas...eh...I can't say much about it. <<

11. Repliku Chaser

First idea.. I believe we have the Introduce Yourself area for the purpose that people can come in who are new and get to meet others. We also have a weekly questioning of members so that others can harass them for the week. I think making an area for a welcoming area on top of Introduce Yourself which is a welcoming area, kind of is redundant. Not seeing the real need for this. Another way new people can get to be known is through forum families or to join Groups. So there seem to be plenty of options already.

The post counting in RP has been brought up time and again and been denied. It's been explained that the KH section is actually what the site is themed about and that other areas are where things go that are of a more serious nature and/or are support. RP is a voluntary thing, whether people post 4 words or 400. It's your creativity and allows you to have an area to RP in.

So, as has been said before, and will be said yet again... I'm sorry, but I don't see this happening. No one should need posts counting to do RP as it is a fun activity and an extra thing to do. I do realize there are some pretty creative people in the RP section, but in the sections where posts do count they are monitored far more than the RP section for content. It's not really that fair for staff to go in and judge what is fair to count as posts versus what others do in the RP section because then we are seriously getting darn near elitist. In the end, if you want to RP with great detail or post 3 words, it's still the same thing.. RP. If you feel a post is spam in one of the other areas where posts count, you are more than welcome to help the area stay clean by PM'ing a Mod of the section, S.Mod or Admin and we will be glad to get to the spam posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.