Renegades

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Krowley, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Are you well, miss?" The android calmly questioned Lydia. Ace glanced over at Grav while holding back Xy, having heard the other prisoner quietly question what they could do. Unfortunately, before Ace could respond Xy had pulled herself from his grip and tried to walk away before turning around to get a surprise attack in. Her aggression level and expression on her face when she turned away had already given him a ninety-one percent chance of her turning back to attack and, predictably, she did. What he didn't predict was that she would hit someone else. Judging by their similarities this human who was knocked over was related to the other who had asked for Ace to allow the women to fight.

"Let them fight? That kind of reasoning is why you're here and not free." He responded towards James just as Xy charged at the human who retaliated against her. Ace stepped in her way and held the woman back. "C'as don se ras kaid!" Ace lowered his voice further so only she could hear before speaking again. "There is no honor in getting yourself killed here and it does nothing for your people." If she calmed down he would have released her and stepped back to give her space.

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

Having stopped thinking of ways to mess around the with muzzle that they were given without triggering the electric shock, Silver turned head so that it was being held up by his chin while giving him a good view of the fight that was taken place. Mushrooms, scum and blood were the main points of what he heard and enough to know that a fight was pretty much going on. That and someone had some odd obsession with mushrooms. Fighting already seemed like a waste of energy. They were still going to stuck with one another regardless of what happened here. Just as his head had flopped back to its side, the next voice that was heard had caused him to audible groan.

From there on things only got worse. Even if he wasn't paying attention, he saw enough from within his peripherals to keep up with everything. The usual thought processes his mind had been put on a temporary pause to make notes on the ones he was looking at. Who to keep an eye on and who to avoid and right now the alien was already at the top of the list so far.
    "What a drag." Having to watch his back, certainly wasn't the first thing he'd wanted to do, on top of his non existent combat skill that would make the task much harder to do. Maybe he could rig the muzzle to be a protection device of sorts, would require him to actually remove it to figure out how it worked though. And back to square one he was.

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Simmer and Karen let loose the grip they held on each others hand when the racket that had been going on in the background took a drastic and sudden turn. Simmer glanced at the participants and then back to Karen, "Looks like things might get a bit more interesting. If this turns into an all out brawl, you wanna pair up?"

"With you? Unlikely," Karen huffed. She had also been taking in the scene unfolding before them. She noticed a few of the others from the transport they arrived in. "Although, if things do go south, expect heavy interference. These collars aren't for show," Karen pointed a finger at the collar that had been placed around her neck, recalling the distasteful one liners she had to endure when the guards had them stop to have them installed.

Simmer shrugged, "I'm just saying. If a fight were to break out, we'd have a better chance together. I mean, I'm just a cook and you're a doctor. We're not really qualified for combat and they seem dangerous."

Karen turned to watch the potential fight, unabashed about whether or not someone would notice. She needed information. If a fight were to happen, it could serve as a distraction. Or maybe she could gleam some information on the other inmates and their abilities. As it stands, she couldn't figure out a way to escape from this place and they had, at most, three days to do so. Once they injected them with trackers, escape would be meaningless. She had made the mistake of underestimating Simmer earlier but she was sure he wouldn't be much help in a fight. Perhaps she should ask anyway? "Simmer," Karen began, her eyes remaining on the possible threat, "what are you able to do in a fight? What type of skills do you have?"

Simmer cocked his head, holding his chin with his right hand in thought. "Hmm, what combat skills do I have," he pondered to himself. He shrugged with a sheepish grin, "None really. Like I said, I'm a cook. The only skills I have are for cooking and hunting."

"How do you mean, hunting," Karen inquired.

"Oh, well, I'm able to sense lifeforms up to a certain distance away. I used it for hunting back on Obraxis three. Not that it would be much help but I can also make excellent meals with very few ingredients," he finished by pointing his index finger at Karen. "What about you? What skills do you got?"

"For fighting," she thought for a moment. "As you said, I'm not qualified for combat though I do have a few skills that could be beneficial in a fight," she hesitated. The information she was about to divulge was personal. She barely knew this person, why should she trust him. He did open up to her. Perhaps she should do the same. She continued, "Ability one: Hands of Life. Using my hands as a defibrillator to bring any recently deceased lifeform back from the dead. Stipulation one, they can only have been dead for a few minutes. Once the brain cells are deprived of oxygen, the damage becomes irreparable. Stipulation two, it only works on living beings. This ability would not, for instance, work on an android like myself. Stipulation three, I cannot use this ability if the possibility of recovery is unforeseeable. For instance, if I can't calculate an outcome where the patient is able to not only be resuscitated but also healed, my ability won't work."

Simmer could have swore he saw a tear forming in her eyes. "Ability Two: Limit Break," Karen continued. Simmer guessed he must have just been imagining things. "By what would essentially be overclocking my body, I can increase my attributes by two times, as well as my ability to process information. Typically this would be used during an operation if I needed more precision. It has merit for combat use though. Not only am I faster and stronger, I am also able to calculate probabilities at a faster rate allowing me to strategize more easily. There is only one stipulation for this ability. I can not have this ability active for more than five minutes. My body would not be able to handle the stress."

"Finally, ability three: Exertion. This ability is much like 'Limit Break' save for a few differences. Difference one being that instead of increasing my capabilities by two times, it increases them by ten times. Difference two is that there are a few more stipulations. Stipulation one, I can not activate 'Exertion' unless it is completely necessary. Much like 'Hands of Life', if I can't foresee a way out of a dangerous situation, 'Exertion' activates as a defense mechanism. There are other circumstances where it can activate but not worth mentioning now. Stipulation two, I can not have this ability active for more than thirty seconds."

"Thirty seconds," Simmer interrupted, "that's not a lot of time."

Karen gave him a glare that dared him to interrupt her again before continuing, "Thirty seconds is not a lot of time, yes, unless you're operating at ten times your normal limit. Using 'Exertion' takes a hefty toll on my body within that operating period. Were I to use it for longer ... it would most likely kill me." Karen paused for a moment before adding, "Stipulation three, much like a defense mechanism should, 'Exertion' operates on instinct. Once it becomes active, I no longer have control. My body will do everything within its power to retreat to safety or eliminate any threat within a fifty meter radius."

"Is that why you don't want to pair up, so you don't accidentally hurt me," Simmer asked with a grin.

"Nonsense," Karen huffed, "I don't like your face. Now that I think about it, perhaps you should stick close to me. Maybe I can rearrange it for you."

Another shiver flew down Simmer's spine. Despite what most would consider dangerous territory, he continued, "Is that your way of proposing?"

"The only thing I'll propose is your obituary, cat ears," Karen sighed.

"Aww, how thoughtful. And I told you it's Simmer," Simmer swooned. "Oh, and before I forget," a devious smirk crossed his face, "I didn't take you for the kind of person to name your abilities. You some sort of closet nerd or something?"

"Call me a 'nerd' again, cat ears, and I will kill you," Karen threatened nonchalantly.

"Call me Simmer," Simmer deadpanned.

"No."

"Fine, I'll call you ... um ... robot ... lady," Simmer puffed his cheek in faux anger. He was never the best at coming up with insults. Not that he really wanted to insult her.

At this, Karen actually laughed. She couldn't remember the last time she'd done that. "Call me whatever you like, cat ears," Karen chuckled.

4. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Simon banner.png

As he was walking around looking for anything that might be helpful information to get out of here a fight started to break out. He started to walk over to stop the fight. If one person acted out then all of them could be disciplined for it. As he made his way over to to where the fighting was another person seemed to have steeped up ending the fight. Now that the fight was more or less over there was no reason to do anything or say anything. There was not doubt that there was cameras everywhere and he had no doubt the staff had seen everything. He was not to keen on getting into a fight so early on. The alien was one to avoid. So far it seemed like most were here to cause trouble. He let out a sigh and looked up at the walls and spotted a camera. He wondered if there was any blind spots in a place like this. There was not like anything could be done for the moment. He walked in a different direction and saw someone more or less on top of a table. He walked over to Silver the man on the table. "This place is crazier then I thought it would be," he said offhandedly. "What do you think about all of this?" He was not sure what else to say of the moment so he just stood there waiting for a response.

5. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Jace Terry banner.png
    He looked around as they were put in some sort of prison. They were all handcuffed together he looked around more after the orientation. He could remove the muzzler if he really wanted to but to play along with what was going on for now. There were a few cameras around the place. the place seemed well built. He then walked around the perimeter of the mess hall after he got it there there wasn't anything out of the place. A few people seemed to be fighting he wanted to stay out of that as he was sure they were all being watched. He saw an android of some sort he wondered if it was part biological or all machine and how he/it was built. He finished walking around and stood by a random table.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  6. Krowley Moderator

Making a quick serpentine around the larger inmates, Luci made his way next to the white haired lazy eyed kid that he noticed was sitting by himself. "Yo yo yo, why you sittin' by yourself man? Okay, I know it's like you first day and all, but this is the big house man. Prison Central. People see you sitting alone, they're gonna start thinking man. They're gonna be thinking. 'Hey, why's that guy sitting by himself man?' And his boy's gonna be all like; 'I dunno man, but I know he's sitting at our table.' And then they're gonna rally the troops, right? Start getting all their boys together to try and front you and scare you off. after that, two things are gonna happen. They're gonna step up to you. Make you feel all claustrophobic by how in your face they are... Like, THIS close man." Lingo pushed his nose only a few centimeters away from the man he was talking to.

"I'm telling you it's crazy. And after they get all up in you business, they're gonna be looking around to see who challenges them. Like they're claiming you man- like you're their property now. After that, they're gonna put you down man. I don't mean put you down like comment on your lack of appealing features, I mean put you down like execution style. Like everyone gets in a circle and plays duck duck goose. Except you're it, and the duck their fist and the goose is their foot. It's crazy man! I only been here eighteen hours and I already seen like six dozen guys get stomped on for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You even know what the Q in Q-block stands for?" Before even letting him chime in, he continued on. "It stands for Questions man. Your like luggage at the spaceport man. If you go missing, people will be bummed an' shit, but they'll just replace you. The system is jacked homes, I'm telling you, if you don't find a crew to stick with, you're gonna end up getting lost in the shuffle. And you don't wanna be lost in this deck of cards man, you wanna be the joker man. People always know where the jokers are..." Lingo made himself comfortable as he crossed his arms on the table. "I mean, I got lucky cuz I speak almost every known galactic gang language know to man."

He took out his hands and began listing them off on his fingers. "I'm talking English, Kavorkian, Landol, Shizno, Rizno- And those last two aren't them same. Thinking they re are is racist as hell and gonna get you cut in this place." He stopped counting and reached out his hand to finally introduce himself. "By the way, name's Vega man. My boys call me Lingo, cuz I know the word on the street. I can tell who in this room has the best drugs weapons, and alcohol. But you keep that shit on the downlow man..."

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I am not free because I was fighti- Damn it!" The girl who he was just provoking punched his brother, who presumably had come over to help him. He was slightly proud of Jim as he punched the girl back, that was until she scared Jim half to death and hid behind him. "You know I said a chick fight. I can see where you were mistaken, but my brother isn't a chick. So I suggest you calm down..." James started to roll up the sleeves of his prison uniform and crack his knuckles. "You know I don't mind getting in a scrape, not fond of finding out what this muzzlers do, but if you want to pick a fight, lets just keep it away from my brother." Jay suggested rather casually. "And maybe away from the man... thing... with a stick up his ass." Jay motioned to Ace. As far as he was concerned Ace was boring and didn't like to have a little bit of fun.

"Why don't you go pester someone else big man. I can deal with her just fine." Jay tried to suggest to Ace before looking back to his brother. "You might want to back off, you are making yourself look like more of a target and I don't want to be fighting off everyone in this jail for you." He warned. And if they were separated he couldn't. Really he should have been teaching Jim to hold his own, but one last time defending his brother wouldn't hurt too much. He was itching for a bit of a fight anyways.

8. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Simmer's ears twitched as he heard one of the participants finish speaking. The brother of the one who got slugged a bit ago. Sounded like he was picking a fight with multiple contestants. Simmer grinned, "Well, well. It appears things might get interesting after all." Karen only raised a brow in response. "See the pretty boy," Simmer pointed a finger to the Silver haired person standing over in the middle of the scuffle. "Sounds like he's picking a fight with that blue skinned beauty and that tall dark hunk of handsome," Simmer finished with a wag of his brows.

Ignoring the faunus' perverted tendencies, Karen spoke, "One human against a Rami and a captain class android? That sounds like the opening of a bad joke." Now was Simmer's turn to raise a brow in question. Karen sighed, "Most new model androids are capable of standard analysis. It doesn't take a genius to spot a Rami anyway and I wouldn't be much of an android if I couldn't spot one of my own."

"Oh," Simmer slammed a fist into his palm, "So do you think you could connect to him like wi-fi?"

Karen blushed, "That is ... You don't ..."

Simmer tried to fight back laughter but fell short, "Pfft. Don't tell me that's how androids have-"

Karen interrupted with frantic hand movements, "N-no, nothing like that! It's just ..." Karen glanced away, trying not to let Simmer see her face, "It's intimate, alright. When two androids connect, they share everything about themselves with each other."

"That sounds nice," Karen turned back to see a glimpse of a somber expression on Simmer's face before his normal grin returned. "So, you've got money on the the other two?"

Karen scoffed, "As if. I don't partake in childish antics such as gambling."

"You scared, pixel," Simmer inquired with a smirk.

Karen's eye twitched in frustration. "I've got ten thousand units on the Rami," she replied, slamming imaginary currency down on the table.

Simmer followed suit, slamming his own imaginary currency on the table whilst replying with, "Fifteen thousand on the human. I think he's got the spunk to pull through."

Karen laughed, "If we get out of here, I expect payment."

Simmer corrected her, "When we get out of here, so do I, savvy?"

Karen smirked, "Of course this little wager becomes null and void if there isn't a fight or a clear winner."

Simmer stood up and turned to shout at the group, "Kick their asses Silver hair!"

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  9. CrownMoksha Decimo

Silver hadn't thought anyone would bother going up to him and trying to speak while there was a fight going on. He had assumed that they would be much more interested in watching the other inmates possibly beat the crap out of one another than talk to the guy who hadn't bothered saying a single thing to anyone else. And yet, someone had, in fact, sat down at the table he had planted himself at and spoke to him. Two people, in fact, the latter spoke way too much for his liking. First Silver looked at the first person to speak to him. "I think its only a matter of time before someone gets shocked and detained." Ideally only the one who started the fight would get shocked and not all of them.

Now, as for the talkative one. Most of what was said to him had the strong temptation to just ignore it. He didn't know if there was anyone's table and to be completely honest, he didn't care either. Nor did he scare easily so 'getting up in his face' would only annoy him further then intimidate him like the intended results would be. Not being given any chance to interject at all, Silver had little choice but to sit there and wait till the man, rather, til Lingo was finished. "I appreciate the warning, but it's unneeded. I've managed just fine doing this." And it was true, the main difference being that he didn't have any tools to work with or machine to hot wire, but the latter could be easily remedied by poking around with the ship while no one was looking.

10. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Simon banner.png

As he waited for Silver to say something. A strange man had come over and stared talking rather fast. He glaceed at the fight but was not all that interested in it. He had seen many over the years. 'Think its only a matter of time before someone gets shocked and detained.' "Someone or everyone at once. More then likely to prove a point." He looked at the man who name was Lingo. He wondered why the man he stood by did not stick up for himself. That said form what he said he tended to stay out of trouble. "I am wondering why the staff of this prison have not showed there power yet. That sad I think for now it might be best to play nice." Form what what he could tell Lingo liked to talked about himself and more or less was trying to inflate his own ego.

11. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Tsubasa looked around the mess hall as conversations had been continuing all around her. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. Maybe it would be beneficial for her to join in one of these conversations. Perhaps she can make a friend or maybe find a way out of this prison. She stood up from her table and walked around a little bit. As she stood up, the sounds of a fight had begun to roar in the mess hall. Tsubaba looked over and immediately backed up away from the fight at hand. She continued to back up until her back had hit someone. "Oh! Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry about that!!" Tsubasa turned around and bowed her head as she apologized. She picked up her head and saw she had bumped into a man with silver hair. "Again, I'm sorry for bumping into you. It was an accident!" Tsubasa scratched her head as she apologized once more to the man.

12. Light-Rune Maven Seer

The android had seemed to want to respond to Grav's question, but he was distracted by the Rami. Personally, he found himself rolling his eyes at the woman's belligerent, not to mention imbecilic behavior. She was inferring an awful lot of camaraderie into the simple mention of cooperation, and it seemed the very idea she didn't have to like anyone else here to work with them was completely beyond her. He shook his head as the impending fight only grew larger, with several new participants becoming involved via further violent lack of forethought from the Rami.

"Might as well just take the out," Grav whispered to the android from his new position at his side. "She's obviously more interested in punching things than getting out of prison, and someone like that probably wouldn't be much help anyway. No point in getting involved in this little scuffle. Not when we could spend the energy making other plans." He shrugged. Your choice of course.

13. Krowley Moderator

"Yeah yeah yeah yeah, that's cool, that's cool. I mean I didn't want to get all up in your face about that junk, I was just like trying to give your the orientation that you NEEDED man. Not the one that mister honky tonk cowboy man told you, I mean the legit stuff that happens in here, homes. Speaking of, what's that guys deal anyway? I heard from some of the guys over in the west side of the cafeteria say that dude was married, but then he caught her cheating on him, catch this; IN THE MAN'S BED. And when I heard that I was all like 'damn son, your woman done did cheat on you,' but than I had to like, really think about it man. Like what if he was all uncorrupt before he got done cheated on man. Then I just kinda feel bad for the guy. But then he started playing the big dick card, and I was all like 'naw, screw that guy homes, he's a dick.' Anyways, when he caught that guy sleeping in his own bed with his woman, man went all crazy and emptied his caliber into that guy's skull. Then he just told them it was self defense. Man, six bullets to the noggin ain't protection man, it's straight up carnage. And after all that, woman left him. Because like, of course she did. What kinda chica loca would stick around and deal with that empty mess of a man." He paused to take a breath as he shook his head at the warden's decision. "Well either that or he's gay or something. And it's not like I'm against that or anything, I mean my cousin Rico was guy. Well, is. Was... We never found out if it boyfriend killed him or not..." He took a quick drink of water from his lunch tray and continued on. "And honestly, the gay dudes in this prison actually have a better chance of not being touched than the straught dudes. Like... 25% or something. Statistics are crazy like that man, I mean personally... I like the girls. But if saying I'm gay means I don't cut in this place? Well just put me next to the biggest guy in this place and I'll put my hand in his pocket or something man. I will commit to stay alive in here..." He looked around to find a big inmate for visual reference. "Like that guy."

He pointed to a large rock-like alien stomping through the herd of prisoners slowly. "You tell someone that your that guy's bitch-" He took a quick bite of celery. "Ain't nobody touching you. Heard he took out like half a city without even trying." He looked back to the man he was talking to. "You still haven't even told me who you is man. What's your handle? You hook? The artist name you used to represent your lifestyle and finesse? I'm just gonna start guessing till you tell me. White Tiger? Snowman? Black tie? Insomniac?- I'm really only going by what you look like, so it's kina hard to know if I'm in the right direction. What if you just have a normal name though and you're trying to play it off all cool-like just to hide your dorky white boy name?..." There was a long paused before Lingo made an educated estimate. "It's Mark, isn't it?"

14. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

"I reckon," Lydia mumbled in reply to the android. The room suddenly swayed oddly, making Lydia blink her eyes rapidly and shake her head a little. That seemed to cause her some more pain though and she winced, touching her head where it was hit. There was a wet, sticky feeling on there and she pulled her hand down, glancing at her now crimson covered fingers. "Whaddya know, I'm bleeding." She half-heard the conversation going, somewhat realizing that the alien moved on to someone else already. Was there really two people there? Or was she seeing double? "Don't mention shrooms if ya wanna take her on," Lydia called out to the one that was challenging the crazy chick and telling the android to back up.

15. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Jace Terry banner.png
    He looked around as the fighting was still happening around him. He was wishing he could explore more or at the very lest could get his hands on something electronic, at this point he would even take a small bit of wire. It wasn't like he could try and leave the area with guards watching them, he was more interested in what exactly the out come of all this could be. A few people seemed to be gathering around the table with the guy with silver hair. He wished these people didn't take his stuff. He listened to what people where talking about but stayed at his table, no one seemed to be near him at the moment and he really didn't have input on what the people at the one table were talking about.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

Silver wasn't sure at what point it had happened, but he'd started to tune out everything Lingo was saying to him. It'd gotten to the point where it was just his lips moving at an unreasonably fast pace for a human. Figures that this would be one of the people who directly tried speaking with him. Now despite sitting down someone had actually managed to bump into him. A comparative slight annoyance all things considered, but he was momentarily thrown off by the girl's quick apologies. Silver then lifted his head up and rested it in the palm of his hand. "It's fine."

There had been a pause between Lingo's speaking and that had ironically been what caught his attention the most. "Silver, that's my name." Said in a matter of fact tone before falling back to silence. His eyes drifted back over to the fight that was still being egged on despite nothing having happened for a bit.

17. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Simon banner.png

Lingo like to talk that much was certain. At one point he tuned him out just because he talked to much. He wondered if the man ever stopped talking. As he more of less ignored Lingo a women with blond hair had bumped into the man with sliver hair. That was when the man sitting next to him had said, 'Silver, that's my name.' He turned to Silver and said, "Name is Simon." He would have said it was nice to meet him but considering where they were at that was not the best thing to say. He turned his attention back to the fight that was still going which was somewhat impressive. He was not sure how the fight was still going and how the staff had yet to step in yet.

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Tsubasa relaxed a bit as the man wasn't too annoyed or upset. She had then looked over at the other people around him. They looked a bit odd but not too dangerous. The man she had bumped into had then introduced himself to the group as Silver. "Silver...That's a nice name!" Tsubasa smiled as she spoke but immediately silencing herself. She looked over to the brunette man as he introduced himself as Simon. Tsubasa was a little uneasy with introducing herself but decided to gather her courage. She took a deep breath before bowing her head. "M-m-my name is Tsubasa. Tsubasa Tsurugi!" She lifted hr head up as she closed her eyes tightly, trying to remain calm in the situation she was currently in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.