Phase Two: Main Character Recommendations

Discussion in 'KHV Musical' started by Jayn, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

KH-Vids: The Musical
    MAIN THREAD (x)
    Phase One: Plotting (x)
    Phase Two: Screenplay (x)
    Phase Two: Logo (x)

In this thread, we will be voting and recommending people for the main characters in the VN. In other words, we will be using this thread to choose what members are in the VN as main characters. As you guys should know now from the plot, there are several different main characters. Please keep in mind that everyone you will be recommending will have a voice actor and also be represented not just with acting, but with singing and detailed artwork. (We will most likely be casting understudies as well for the voices and such.)

Here are the main character needed:

An unbanned member.
    A normal member. (Male headcanon, but go ahead and nominate female--if you must.)
    A premium.
    A staff member.

Other members will also be represented and added to the VN, of course, but figuring this out is our priority for the writing process. Please read the PLOT if you have not already. Seriously, it matters. Read that thread.

Recommendations

• MUST have been an ACTIVE member for at least a month before now, and onward.
      • MUST provide a reason as to why said member should be the part.
      • The member you're recommending fit the role. (For instance, if you recommend a member for the 'premium' member, the member you recommend should be premium.)
      • Gender does not matter unless stated otherwise above.

• You may either nominate another member or yourself for one of the main character slots. You are to identify which character you want and why you feel that that person/yourself would be a good fit for them.
      Code:
      Recommending:
      Why:

If you see someone whom you feel really fits the role, we ask that you “LIKE” the post of the user who recommended them (this IS the voting process, so LIKE a post you agree with, please). Multiple recommendations for the same person will be deleted, so only recommend someone who hasn't been recommended. You can like multiple posts. At the end of a week or two, we’ll be determining who shall be which based on the amount of community support (likes).

You MUST provide a valid and detailed reason for your recommendation. If the reason is not valid ("they are cool" "i should be this character because im da bess") then your post will be deleted. Please do not recommend more than one person in one post. Post again with any new recommendations. (If you need me to post so you can 'double post' let me know)

Thank you, and good luck!

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I'd like to nominate Cat as the Premium member--we all know she's recently taken a leave of absence of sorts from the site because she's busy with junior year and whatnot. And yes, she is cool *SHOT*

Fear not, I have plenty more recommendations in mind for later. >:3

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Good idea!

This is going a lot faster than expected what with the holidays and all.

4. jafar custom title

In the screenplay thread, it says that Janson is the Premium character, but this voting just started. Was she already decided on or something?

And the link to the screenplay thread in the OP is broken.

5. Jayn

She's writing that part (if you read through the other thread....) She's not the character. That's why her name is beside it.

Will fix when can.~

6. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Recommending: Bushy for normal member~
    Why: He's been on the site a long time, he's active, well loved and I think would be a great addition to the musical. Also he has just got into a long distance relationship 8D

On top of this he's willing to do voice acting and me & him can also write that part to make it as accurate and good as possible.

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Hate to be "that guy", but:

Recommending: Me. (the Hero of Tine) for normal member
    Why: over the 2 years I've been here, I feel like I've truly clicked with all the people I've met here. Sometimes, I even feel like the people here are friends moreso than my actual friends, even if I've never met them face to face. I love doing whatever I can to help, and what better way to do that than show new members around and help raise money for KHV: the one place that I know I've truly found people that share my interests.

8. Jayn

Because that's true, Misty already has a permanent role in the plot / VN.

Misty is also a great help and a guide for the KHV Trivia mini-game.

For future reference, let me make a list of who is already automatically in the VN as someone important in some-way-shape-or-form.

Misty & RvR: Admins are ever-present always. Usually keeping watch out at Staff HQ. Misty is also most likely the member who will run both meetings mentioned in the plot. We encounter both RvR and Misty on our visit to Staff HQ.

Amaury:
    Amaury is key for the trivia game. He'll give you special facts not just about that, but random facts that help you navigate through KHV, get more premium points, etc.

What?:
    He gets his own musical number. He's the reason our OC joins the site. He sings about how great KHV is and leads her to the registration office.

Tie/Owner:
    He makes the 'NO MORE KHV, TNX' announcement.

9. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Recommending : Midnight Star for normal member
    Why : Because she's an active member and she's absolutely lovely and I personally think she'd be such a great addition to the musical with her talents and great personality c:

10. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Recommending: Kingdom Hearts530 for normal member
    Why: Heart is a very sweet girl that is active on KHV and brings a lot to the site in terms of friendliness. I personally feel that she can contribute a lot to the musical in the same way she contributes to KHV: being friendly. <3

11. Plums Wakanda Forever

Heyo, just a bi of a reminder, but please be sure to add some more detail to your explanations. We've had to delete a couple so far, and don't want to do that to anymore. So yea.

A good rule of thumb about this is to aim for at least 2-3 sentences.

Thanks, all. ~

12. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Recommending; Fearless (myself) for Normie
    Why; I've been on this site a long-ass time, since 2006. I may in fact be the oldest normie that's still active? (Don't quote me on that, I have no idea). I've seen the site grow, I've seen people leave and come back, I've seen people fall in love and form relationships because of this goddamn black-hole of a site. Sure, I'm not the most active person on the site, but I know it like the back of my hand. This site helped pull me out of depression and suicidal thoughts in my earlier years, and in more recent times it's the place I come to unwind and have a bit of fun. It's shaped the way I think and the way I write and the emotes and language I use. At least 50% of the people I know are from this site (whether they're still active or not). I remember all the jokes, the events, the tragedies, the happy endings, the crazy shenanagains, and just because I don't post a ton (outside of the SpamZone, anyway), doesn't mean I wasn't there.
    Also I can sing I feel like that's important. c:

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Gotta say that I'd love to nominate Ienzo for staff member.
    She's been around since 2007, is fairly knowledgeable about the site and all of its areas, and tends to be well liked by other people. Also, she is my bro, my Nub, my darling PrickleButt, and it would just be an absolute shame for me not to put her up for this. Plus, she could do all the artwork for herself and make everything easier on other people. >:3

14. Jayn

Gotta choose one. Prem or unbanned?

--
    @THREAD: Also, in your reasons, it's all good and dandy to post about how wonderful the member is--but please also include how their wonderfulness fits into the actual musical though. Also, there's a bit of a problem here so far with ...pretty obvious bias, so I will address both of these things.

Let's say that I recommend Fuzzybluelights for the normal member and my reason is:

Afterwards, let's say he likes my post. ...And then let's say I don't recommend anyone else for either that role or anything else.

A number of things, here...Obviously I'm recommending him moreso because I'm really close to him than any other reason. He's barely active on KHV and he doesn't have a microphone for acting orsinging, or regular internet access so we'd have to cast someone else for him (which is fine and doable, but makes him a bit less ideal), and then in my reason I didn't include anything about how he would fit into the actual plot/musical or how that role would be a good one for him.

In other words, obviously it'll feel more natural to recommend people you personally know well, but the more legitimate detail you add into it, the better. The more logical reason, the better. The more members for that same part or more you recommend in general, the better.

That being said, Plums and I both agree on the bias and will be taking that into account when we tally up the likes and consider the casting possibilities.

We really want everyone to have a fair chance, so please take all of this into consideration when you're both 'liking' posts and nominating members for parts! Please try to include reasons actually pertaining to the plot as well as just your personal opinion of the member.

I'll be writing up some recommendations in a minute, if you need an example.

15. Jayn

Recommending: Kitty
    Why: I believe Kitty is a perfect option for the premium member in the musical. She comes and goes with her busyness (sometimes to the point of us worrying about her and sending Feenie on a hunt to make sure she's okay), and she's been on the site since 2007, witnessing many changes and happenings on the forum.

In the musical, the premium member acts almost as a guidance counselor. Someone with a large amount of presence on the forum, who helps our main character keep her head up during troubling times. Kitty has been an enormous help to many members. She was even a staff member at one point! Even though she's rather silly on the forums sometimes, she has a heart of gold.

I think paired with that, her busy schedule, her join date and over 4k posts and contribution to the site, Kitty deserves this role.

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

If I was the chosen premium I'd voice my part or get Mish to do a manly impersonation of me. By the way, I canny sing so I'd want Blayn to do it. :3

17. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I will not use the like system, but I do cast my vote this way.

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I'd like to nominate Jayn herself as the staff member. I'm not saying that the other staffers wouldn't be upset, or that they don't do anything, but Jayn does a lot to keep KHV active and running--including, but not limited to KHV Chorus and ALL related side-projects (at least two or three of them), Role-Play Idol, and even this project (with Plums, but still). Reading back through the plot, I imagine she would be quite distraught at the idea of KHV closing. Again, this isn't to discount the actions of any other staff members at all--it's just that Jayn seems to fit the designated role well.

19. Jayn

Still in need of more recommendations and voting! Keep 'em coming so we can move forward!

20. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Recommending: PaW for the Staff Member

Why:
    I honestly believe PaW would be a great addition to the musical for various reasons. Firstly, he has been around for quite some time and has seen KHV in many different lights. He is also very involved in various sections of the forum - which are included in the plot and is very active. Next, he has a great personality and character. He's the cool guy you want to speak with and he's awfully nice and incredibly funny. He has definite character and is flexible through performances - which I'm sure we've all witnessed and enjoyed through the KHV Chorus which brings me to another reason why PaW should be highly considered for this role, his talent. PaW is an incredible singer. His voice is wonderful and he's not afraid to do different things - he's proved himself a chameleon with performance from his rock renditions to super fun and entertaining numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.