OOC/Discussion for Teen Titans/Young Justice: What the Future Holds

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Garxena, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Every timeline has its own heroes, its own villains, its own triumphs and tragedies. The flow of events is not meant to be disturbed or changed; even so, there are those who exist who have the ability to do so. Those with the gift of super-speed can access the Speed Force and literally jump in and out of the time stream – however they do not have much control over what they’re doing when they use the Speed Force. Some, like Warp, use technology to intrude in the timeline. And others still can do as they wish to the timeline without any external aide.

July 4th, 20:47 PM
    “Oh, glorious display!”
    “BOOYAH!”
    “Ehahahaha! This is awesome!”
    “It’s… nice.”
    Robin smiled at his friends. Sitting atop Titan’s Tower and watching a fireworks display over the water was a perfect way to spend their Fourth of July. They didn’t even leave the Tower today; there was nothing that needed their attention. Beast Boy had made them watch some awkward movie where the hero blew up zombies with fireworks; Cyborg loved it. Half way through the movie there was a brief power-outage but Cyborg found nothing wrong when he ran diagnostics once the power was back up. Starfire made something for dinner but the gooeyness of it and color made the Titans turn their heads. Once the fireworks were over, Beast Boy and Cyborg wanted to play an all-out game of Stankball through the halls of Titan’s Tower. After that Robin hoped to get a good night’s sleep; the last few days had been busied with tracking down the odd duo of Control Freak and Mumbo Jumbo.
    “Comfortable, Titans?”
    From their seats on the edge of the roof of the Tower, they all sprung to their feet and whipped around to face the electronic voice.
    Voice manipulator? Robin already had his Bo Staff in his hands, as the others were ready to fight. The spoiler of their peaceful day was covered entirely in a black cloak and hood. The lights from the fireworks barely lit the face under the hood, but they gave enough light to show the Titans the mask that was covering the speaker’s face.
    “Who are you? How did you get past my security systems?!” Cyborg demanded of the stranger.
    “You really should improve that. One split power failure and I had your whole Tower compromised.” The electronic voice answered, sending shivers up Beast Boy’s and Starfire’s spines.
    No more questions, no more stalling. Whoever this was, they’d manipulated the Tower without so much as the bat of an eyelash. They weren’t something to take as a joke. Robin wasted no time giving his team their order, “Titans! GO!”
    “Yes. Go, Titans.” The cloaked figure raised one hand in front of itself. “Go to the future. And stay out of my way.”
    Suffocation. It felt like suffocation. Darkness and brightness assaulted their eyes and the Titans felt like they were falling. With a strangled breath, Robin called to his team, but no one answered. His head hit something hard; he heard his team grunt and he worried instantly. But he couldn’t act on that worry; blackness enclosed his vision like a plague and, before he could help it, Robin lost consciousness.

RULES:
    1) Forum rules are to be followed.
    2) I am a “Grammar Nazi;” I WILL bug you about your writing (like a total tosser). If you really have trouble, type up your posts in Word, fix them there, and then copy and paste them to the reply box in kh-vids. Seriously, I’m not gonna stand for lack of punctuations or capitalization. However, if you misspell a word or forget a comma or something like that, I understand that those kinds of things happen and I won’t jump down your throat for it.
    3) I’d like to keep OCs to a minimum. For now, I’m gonna allow 5 OCs. If people seem adamant on making them, I might allow some more. I won’t make any [because I want to focus on cannon characters and I don’t want to take 1 of the 5 I’m allowing]. OCs can be civilians (they’re interesting to write too!), villains (a big baddy or lackey or disagreeable vigilante), or heroes (not heroes as in up-there-with-Superman, but heroes as in good-guys-with-powers-or-gadgets).
    4) Color-coding isn’t something I’m gonna freak out about on this thread because there are a lot of characters and only so many colors and RPers who care about making their posts all pretty. So do it if ya wanna, but if you do, make sure that you’re not doing the same as someone else.
    5) Don’t get hot-and-heavy with romance. No one wants to see that on here.
    6) I’m not going to ask people to take a villain; I’m telling you to. At least one; more than one if you’d like. Not all the villains will be active at once, and only a few of them will interact with each other. However, the biggest baddy is mine.

OC FORMAT:
    Username:
    Name:
    Alias:
    Background:
    Appearance:

Teen Titans:
    Cyborg/Victor Stone
    Beast Boy/Garfield Mark Logan (Krowley)
    Raven/Raven Roth
    Robin/Dick Grayson (Garxena)
    Starfire/Koriand'r

Young Justice:
    Artemis/Artemis Crock (Snow Princess)
    Aqualad/ Kaldur’ahm/Kaldur
    Kid Flash/Wally West (Garxena)
    Miss Martian/M’gann M’orzz/Megan Mores
    Robin/Tim Drake (Lilbueno/Webhead)
    Superboy/Conner Kent (Krowley)

Heroes:
    Aquaman/King Orin
    Batman/Bruce Wayne (LilBueno/Webhead)
    Black Canary/Dinah Lance
    Captain Marvel/Billly Batson
    The Flash/Barry Allen (Droid4Productions)
    Green Arrow/Oliver Queen
    Green Lantern/Hal Jordan
    Martian Manhunter/J’onn J’onzz/John Jones
    Red Tornado
    Superman/Clark Kent
    Wonder Woman/Princess Diana

Villains:
    Abra Kadabra
    Amazo
    Bane
    Blackfire
    Billy Numerous
    Blockbuster/Mark Desmond
    The Brain (Krowley)
    Brother Blood
    Captain Cold
    Cheshire
    Deathstroke/Slade [Wilson] (LilBueno/Webhead)
    Doctor Light (Machina)
    Dubbilex
    Icicle Jr.
    Killer Frost
    Kobra
    Klarion the Witch Boy (and his familiar, Teekl)
    Lex Luthor
    Mammoth
    Master of Games
    Mr. Freeze (Droid4Productions)
    Professor Ivo
    Professor Ojo
    Psimon
    Ra’s al Ghul
    Sportsmaster (LilBueno/Webhead)
    Tommy and Tuppence Terror
    Trident
    Warp (Garxena)
    Wotan

Honorary Titans (NPCs):
    Argent
    Aqualad/Garth
    Bobby
    Bumble Bee
    Bushido
    Gnarrk
    Herald
    Hot Spot
    Jericho
    Jinx
    Killowat
    Kole
    Mas y Menos
    Melvin
    Pantha
    Ravager
    Red Star
    Speedy
    Teether
    Thunder and Lightning
    Timmy Tantrum
    Tramm
    Wildebeest
    Wonder Girl

Other Characters:
    Terra/Tara Markov (Garxena)
    Red Arrow/Roy Harper
    Red X (Machina)

OCs:
    Username: Garxena
    Name: *unknown*
    Alias: Akuma
    Alliance: Villain
    Background: Nothing is known about this villain. He has been seen once, by the Batman; who let him escape their encounter; and once more by Robin when he mixed the timelines of Tim Drake’s and Dick Grayson’s worlds.
    Appearance:

2. Arch Mana Knight

B| You never reserved Red X and Doctor Light for me.

3. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Yay, I like this way much. I'd like to be Barry Allen and Mr. Freeze(I can finally get these ice puns outa my system, bwhaha) if that's alright.

4. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

lol I'll mark you guys down. (:

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The comic book geek in me has to clarify something (if it was in the first post, I didn't see it).
    In DC comic book history, there's been a total of 5 Robins, the Boy Wonder (4 in the current universe because it's been rebooted and there's still some mystery surrounding it), not counting alternate universes and timelines. There's been several changes in the rosters for both Teen Titans and Young Justice (who came after Teen Titans).
    Robin number one was Richard "Dick" Grayson and the one used for most Batman media (cartoons and movies, etc.). He formed the original Teen Titans in the comics and eventually became Nightwing (he even had a stint as Batman recently).

Jason Todd was the second. He had a short-lived career as Robin because he was murdered by the Joker. He was eventually brought back to life where he became an anti-hero known as the Red Hood<33 Possibly my favorite "gray" character and second favorite Robin, but he is almost never used in any media. When they introduce the third Robin in the Batman: Animated Series, for example, they made him the second and simply made his costume resemble Jason's.

Timothy "Tim" Drake. Oh my god, the best Robin ever (anybody who tells you otherwise is a liar). He's my favorite. The third Robin. He eventually stopped being Robin for a while and was replaced by his girlfriend but he became Robin again. When the fifth Robin became Robin, Dick Grayson was Batman. Drake lost his title and became Red Robin (a darker "graduation" of Robin [Jason Todd had this costume for a bit, too]. The name does kind of suck -yummmmm- but he didn't choose it originally). In the new universe (after the reboot), he has a different costume, but the same name (Red Robin), but the title isn't as dark as before. Before the reboot, it was him, Superboy, and Impulse (the current and second Kid-Flash named Bart) who started Young Justice. In the current post-reboot universe, Young Justice isn't formed yet and these three are the first members of the Teen Titans.

Stephanie Brown was a heroine named Spoiler who became Robin when Tim stopped, but she was eventually fired and become Spoiler again and Tim was Robin again. She eventually became the third Batgirl after the second one (Cassandra Cain<3) quit and became Blackbat. After the reboot, she hasn't been mentioned, but confirmed to be in it eventually. It's assumed she would never have been Robin.

Damien Wayne is the fifth and current Robin. Fourth in the post-reboot universe. He's actually Bruce Wayne's son.

The point of this lecture is that both Teen Titans and Young Justice cartoons use Dick Grayson as Robin. The Young Justice cartoon isn't based off of the team, which is why it uses Dick Grayson. But Superboy is actually Tim Drake's friend and fellow sidekick age-wise. For the sake of this RP, Garxena made it so Tim Drake plays the Young Justice Robin (which works because Tim is the hacker of the Robins) instead of Dick Grayson.

6. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

^What he said. :<3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.