Old Dumbledore or New Dumbledore?

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Crumpet, Aug 29, 2008.

1. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

a&b) The blood thing applied to physically being able to touch Harry, not the house. As long as Harry had someplace he could, if grudgingly, call home, he was safe inside that building until he turned 17. (I can't remember how this exactly worked, it's in the end of Order of the Phoenix...) Dumbledore did at least ask for the Dursley's to care for Harry as if he were their son, but the Dursley's chose not to. Harry still turned out pretty okay.
    c) For the same reason he didn't tell him about the prophecy or place him in to another wizard family: He wanted Harry to have as normal of a childhood as possible, without knowing what had happened to him the night Voldemort killed his parents.
    And to be honest, I don't think that Dumbledore wanted to raise a child by himself, he doesn't exactly seem like a family man to me.​

2. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

I think thats a very feeble set of excuses. Dumbledore is EVIL!

But we're getting off topic. Ancient EVIL Dumbledore or Neo EVIL Dumbledore?

3. Arch Mana Knight

If Dumbledore was evil, his soul would've been broken. Like Tom Riddle's. Besides, JK Rowling's the author. She obviously made Dumbledore the good guy. He did some bad things but unless she states that he is "EVIL" the canon to the story is the fact that Dumbledore is good, although a bit selfish(and he has an ego but he's just awesome like that).